Options

What the FUCK ever happened to Insignificance?

Big Bank HankBig Bank Hank Seattle, WA Posts: 8,639
edited May 2016 in A Moving Train
Just saying, now more than ever this song is relevant as we appear head on a unstoppable collision with WWIII. Think about since 2001, how more and more of our freedoms have been slowly taken away, not all at once, just here and there, so too much protest isn't put up, but when you look back it is a lot, most places are making it illegal to live off the grid, and we are far less safe than we ever were before, the USA sold twice as much in commercial arms sales to other countries while Hillary Clinton was Secretary of State than we did in the last 4 years under George W Bush, entire nations of people are being killed and permanently displaced, and if no one has a problem with all these innocent peoples lives being destroyed, I then ask where is your soul? This is not a political post, but a post for some fucking humanity in the world and the fact that we are all spiritually connected, but many people in my country just don't seem to give a shit, somehow if they live in another country it is just too much effort to worry ourselves about it, lets end this fucking war bullshit and start loving each other! And no Donald Trump isn't the answer either, so I don't want to get into which one would be the worse candidate. Don't be selfish and get this thread locked, a real honest discussion about the value of innocent human lives. And please play the song more often, get people thinking about this shit.
Post edited by Big Bank Hank on

Comments

• Options
    edited May 2016
    Oh and by the way the song was about Boeing, here is the amount of their military contracts since 1994: $181,547,887,265
    http://www.militaryindustrialcomplex.com/totals.asp?thisContractor=Boeing

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZPHSXUS0_1c
  • Options
    ryph raphryph raph Posts: 887
    I have friends who believe WW III has already begun. If you look back in history both WW's started out with small limited conflicts. That in hindsight were the precursors to both tragic wars. That being said, I have only seen/heard "Insignificance" one time. Halloween 2009 a treat.
    10-26-91 Cleveland
    4-2-92
    7-29-92
    5-4-95 Hovercraft / Cleveland
    8-26-98
    4-25-03
    5-20-06
    8-21-08 E.V. Chicago
    10-31-09 Philadelphia
    5-09-10 Cleveland
    5-10-10 Buffalo
    6-26-11 E.V. Detroit
    10-11-13 Pittsburgh
    10-12-13 Buffalo
    10-29-13 Charlottesville
    4-18-16 Hampton
    8-22-16 Chicago

• Options
    SmallestOceansSmallestOceans Posts: 13,542
    edited May 2016
    Amen. Nice post Hank.
    Worcester1 13, Worcester2 13, Hartford 13, San Diego 13, Los Angeles1 13, Los Angeles2 13
    Trieste 14, Vienna 14, Gdynia 14, Leeds 14, Milton Keynes 14, Denver 14
    Central Park 15
    Fort Lauderdale 16, Miami 16, Tampa 16, Jacksonville 16, Greenville 16, Hampton 16, Columbia 16, Lexington 16, Philly1 16, Philly2 16, NYC1 16, NYC2 16, Quebec City 16, Ottawa 16, Toronto1 16, Toronto2 16, Fenway1 16, Fenway2 16, Wrigley1 16, Wrigley2 16

• Options

Amen. Nice post Hank.

thanks, I think we all just want love and peace
  • Options
    edited May 2016
    United States Military contract leaders since October 31st, 2006
    1. Lockheed Martin Corporation $279,877,390,393
    2. Boeing Company, The $181,547,887,265
    3. Northrop Grumman Corporation $178,681,170,204
    4. Raytheon Company, The $94,209,778,867
    5. BAe Systems $72,076,988,554
    how much better could have been done with that money?
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=md3P8Hn8Id0

• Options
    JWPearlJWPearl Posts: 19,893
    thats bad hank :( its a sick business and to think of those freezing starving homeless people and sick families that need hospital care etc
  • Options
    JWPearl said:

thats bad hank :( its a sick business and to think of those freezing starving homeless people and sick families that need hospital care etc

exactly, meanwhile we have killed millions of innocent people and permanently displaced millions more, at what cost? Neither Iraq or Bin Laden had anything to do with 9/11, and when you look at it from that perspective, no wonder more and more of the world each day hates America and doesn't trust anything we do.
    9/11 explained in 5 minutes

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QXt6n33gOfo
  • Options
    edited May 2016
    we dont partake in war its still murder over money or wrong beliefs there is never any resolve
    we are only allowed to help the wounded and feed and shelter them and thats on any side
    and we neither pray for the soldiers to victory like some religions do even on oposing sides yet same religion killing each other it makes no sense God is not devided and he never permitted
    man to take justice into their own hands unless he said so and he hasnt said so for at least a thousand years or more now and it wasnt written on paper to do so he did it via angels message
    so all this money spent for war over rights and money is just craziness
    but i do question one problem ? what would we do if some crazy nation just decided to take
    innocent civilians in the name of land what could we do ? just give it freely i think its better to leave your land then fight till your death to keep it, unfair i know but justice would eventually hit
    sometime i believe...
    Post edited by JWPearl on
  • Options
    JWPearl said:

we dont partake in war its still murder over money or wrong beliefs there is never any resolve
    we are only allowed to help the wounded and feed and shelter them and thats on any side
    and we neither pray for the soldiers to victory like some religions do even on oposing sides yet same religion killing each other it makes no sense God is not devided and he never permitted
    man to take justice into their own hands unless he said so and he hasnt said so for at least a thousand years or more now and it wasnt written on paper to do so he did it via angels message
    so all this money spent for war over rights and money is just craziness
    but i do question one problem ? what would we do if some crazy nation just decided to take
    innocent civilians in the name of land what could we do ? just give it freely i think its better to leave your land then fight till your death to keep it, unfair i know but justice would eventually hit
    sometime i believe...

I believe we start promoting love, instead of greed, but I ask when we can't even take care of our own country and our men and women in the military, how can we take care of the rest of the world, the United States has done a shitty job at both.
  • Options
    edited May 2016
    Plans for Middle East - U.S. Army Gen. Wesley Clark 2007
    The US Government had all this planned out way in advance, before any of this happened

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rz5fZziMWEE
  • Options
    i love your sentiment and agree and i try to practice myself by sharing hope but honestly and unfortunately this generation is getting more selfish and love can be abused then its no longer love but slavery or misfortune for the humble love giver :(

but what you said must always be conveyed to the lost or positive open minded listener who may just
    join our club..
  • Options
    JWPearl said:

i love your sentiment and agree and i try to practice myself by sharing hope but honestly and unfortunately this generation is getting more selfish and love can be abused then its no longer love but slavery or misfortune for the humble love giver :(

but what you said must always be conveyed to the lost or positive open minded listener who may just
    join our club..

I will always be promoting love and peace just like Eddie's quote up above, are they just words, or is that something we can all live, I prefer to think it can be the latter.
  • Options
    lovely and so true
    if only we lived in
    a world where we
    did not need
    justice or
    heavy protection
  • Options
    JWPearl said:

lovely and so true
    if only we lived in
    a world where we
    did not need
    justice or
    heavy protection

There were no wars with Jimmy Carter, and he negotiated the release of all the hostages, and not a single one died, it is all about perspective, think about how many lives in the world were saved
  • Options
    edited May 2016
    by the way, what the fuck ever happened to this guitar Mike used on the 2000 Tour?
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2FWkyhgKkaM
  • Options
    my2handsmy2hands Posts: 17,117
    Ed started playing $20k per plate fundraisers... that's what happened to Insignificance
  • Options
    my2hands said:

Ed started playing $20k per plate fundraisers... that's what happened to Insignificance

• Options

JWPearl said:

lovely and so true
    if only we lived in
    a world where we
    did not need
    justice or
    heavy protection

There were no wars with Jimmy Carter, and he negotiated the release of all the hostages, and not a single one died, it is all about perspective, think about how many lives in the world were saved
    yeah i know :(
  • Options
    GivenToJam88GivenToJam88 NJ Posts: 1,187
    Had this same thought yesterday
    2006: 5/28
    2008: 6/19, 6/24, 6/25
    2009: 6/14 (EV), 10/27, 10/28
    2010: 5/17
    2011: 6/21 (EV), 6/22 (EV), 9/11, 9/12
    2012: 9/2
    2013: 10/15, 10/16, 10/19, 10/21, 10/22, 10/27, 11/23, 11/24
    2014: 10/19
    2016: 5/1, 5/2, 5/8
    2018: 8/20, 9/2, 9/4
  • Options
    on2legson2legs Standing in the Jersey rain… Posts: 14,447
    needs to be moved to a moving train
    1996: Randall's Island 2  1998: East Rutherford | MSG 1 & 2  2000: Cincinnati | Columbus | Jones Beach 1, 2, & 3 | Boston 1 | Camden 1 & 2 2003: Philadelphia | Uniondale | MSG 1 & 2 | Holmdel  2005: Atlantic City 1  2006: Camden 1 | East Rutherford 1 & 2 2008: Camden 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Newark (EV)  2009: Philadelphia 1, 2 & 4  2010: Newark | MSG 1 & 2  2011: Toronto 1  2013: Wrigley Field | Brooklyn 2 | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore  2015: Central Park  2016: Philadelphia 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Fenway Park 2 | MSG (TOTD)  2017: Brooklyn (RnR HOF)  2020: MSG | Asbury Park  2021: Asbury Park  2022: MSG | Camden | Nashville  2024: MSG 1 & 2 (#50) | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore

• Options
    edited May 2016
    on2legs said:

yeah that's just convenient, lets put it out of sight, so it's out of mind, I am use to that attitude living in America, typical and I expected at least one of these responses, and actually since it relates directly to a song and why it is not played
  • Options
    hedonisthedonist standing on the edge of forever Posts: 24,524

on2legs said:

yeah that's just convenient, lets put it out of sight, so it's out of mind, I am use to that attitude living in America, typical and I expected at least one of these responses
    Not to speak for on2legs, but I don't sense the comment was meant that way. Just that it's more a political/current event topic.

Not a bad thing.

And those of us who frequent AMT are not out of sight :angry:
  • Options
    hedonist said:

on2legs said:

yeah that's just convenient, lets put it out of sight, so it's out of mind, I am use to that attitude living in America, typical and I expected at least one of these responses
    Not to speak for on2legs, but I don't sense the comment was meant that way. Just that it's more a political/current event topic.

Not a bad thing.

so where do you go if you want to find out why a song is longer played, I always thought it was the Porch?
  • Options
    bootlegger10bootlegger10 Posts: 15,545
    edited May 2016

hedonist said:

on2legs said:

Not a bad thing.

so where do you go if you want to find out why a song is longer played, I always thought it was the Porch?
    I usually send a note to Ed via carrier pigeon. He never answers so I would just let it go. He could just hate me though so you might give it a shot.
  • Options

hedonist said:

on2legs said:

Not a bad thing.

I usually send a note to Ed via carrier pigeon. He never answers so I would just let it go. He could just hate me though so you might give it a shot.
    :bawling: lol
  • Options
    Ray J. T.Ray J. T. Posts: 3,866
    That is a phenomenal question Hank. Where are we supposed to go to find out why a song gets Vaulted? It seems as the Vaulted song I have been chasing for years I always seem to miss by a show or 2.
  • Options
    RT287183 said:

That is a phenomenal question Hank. Where are we supposed to go to find out why a song gets Vaulted? It seems as the Vaulted song I have been chasing for years I always seem to miss by a show or 2.

Maybe they can start a new forum called Insignificance where we can find this out?
  • Options
    hedonisthedonist standing on the edge of forever Posts: 24,524

hedonist said:

on2legs said:

Not a bad thing.

I guess it depends on the context? Seemed more political but if I misread, apologies offered.

bootlegger, pigeons are way underrated.

• Options
    hedonist said:

hedonist said:

on2legs said:

Not a bad thing.

I guess it depends on the context? Seemed more political but if I misread, apologies offered.

bootlegger, pigeons are way underrated.

no I just thought that the reason it hasn't been played was political, and if that is the case, that is hugely disappointing, I guess I figured the band had more of a conscience than that, I always thought human lives were worth more than any political party? I was looking for clarification
  • Options
    BeerBaronBeerBaron Toronto-ish Posts: 4,089
    Was wondering this myself lately. This and Grievance are criminally underplayed.
    1996: Toronto 1998: Barrie 2000: Saratoga Springs 2003: Buffalo, Toronto 2005: Kitchener, London, Hamilton, Montreal, Ottawa, Toronto 2006: Toronto x2, Cleveland, Detroit, Pittsburgh, Cincinnati, Gorge #1 2007: London, Dusseldorf, Vic, Lolla 2008: WPB, Tampa, DC, MSG x2, Hartford, Boston x2, Beacon 2009: Toronto, Chicago x2, Seattle x2, LA #3&4, San Diego, Philly x4 2010: Cleveland, Buffalo, Hartford 2011: Montreal, Toronto x2, Hamilton 2012: Missoula 2013: London, Wrigley, Pittsburgh, Buffalo, Hartford, Dallas, OKC