Options

*** New York, NY Fanviews Here 5/1/16 ***

Comments

• Options
    Gary CarterGary Carter Shea Stadium Posts: 13,940

Get_Right said:

Cant believe the naysayers. . Ive seen lots of PJ, and I think last night was the best since Philly 3 2009.

Agreed

Reading some of these comments, I'm glad I don't come around here often or am around fellow members who nitpick. I had a stubhub seat and was next to some dude and his gf and they were so into the show and very cool. You people who complain should be grateful this band is still around and still has all original members and still are good. Look at how much of a joke Van Halen or Aerosmith or Kiss are? You wanna talk predictably go see them. So what if the encore 2 is predictable, enjoy or just don't go. You people sound like the douche on my train ride who said it was average and wasn't as good as Hartford 2012 and he also complained they were too political.
    Good post. Believe it or not, there are people there who like to hear the more well-known songs with the other stuff they play.
    Yup and that's why the band does that, show after show. If people don't wanna hear the hits cause they've heard them enough times, go take a piss break or go get merch.
    Ron: I just don't feel like going out tonight
    Sammi: Wanna just break up?

• Options
    logan5ivelogan5ive Dallas, TX Posts: 458
    Anybody have a link to the "Ishtar" song?
    1993 - Dallas
    1995 - Red Rocks I & II | Austin
    1998 - St Louis | Kansas City | Dallas | Raleigh | Atlanta | Birmingham | Greenville | Knoxville | Virginia Beach
    2000 - New Orleans | Memphis | Nashville | Noblesville | Cincinnati | Columbus | Houston I & II | Dallas | Las Vegas | LA | San Diego | San Bernardino | Sacramento | San Francisco
    2003 - OKC | San Antonio | Houston | Dallas | Little Rock | Camden I & II | MSG I & II
    2004 - Boston I & II | St Louis
    2005 - Gorge | Vancouver | Kitchener | London | Hamilton
    2006 - Las Vegas | Gorge I & II | Honolulu
    2008 - MSG I & II
    2009 - Seattle I & II | Vancouver | Portland | ACL | Philly I-IV
    2010 - Kansas City | St Louis
    2011 - PJ20 I & II
    2013 - Wrigley | Dallas | OKC
    2014 - ACL I | Tulsa | Moline | St Paul | Milwaukee | Denver
    2022 - OKC
    2023 - FW I & II | Austin I & II
    2024* - Seattle I & II | Wrigley I & II
    [82*]
  • Options

That was awesome. PJ at the garden definitely lived up to the hype. Can't wait to do it again tonight.

Cheers to that

• Options
    xavier mcdanielxavier mcdaniel Somewhere in NYC Posts: 9,074

Get_Right said:

Cant believe the naysayers. . Ive seen lots of PJ, and I think last night was the best since Philly 3 2009.

Agreed

Reading some of these comments, I'm glad I don't come around here often or am around fellow members who nitpick. I had a stubhub seat and was next to some dude and his gf and they were so into the show and very cool. You people who complain should be grateful this band is still around and still has all original members and still are good. Look at how much of a joke Van Halen or Aerosmith or Kiss are? You wanna talk predictably go see them. So what if the encore 2 is predictable, enjoy or just don't go. You people sound like the douche on my train ride who said it was average and wasn't as good as Hartford 2012 and he also complained they were too political.
    Good post. Believe it or not, there are people there who like to hear the more well-known songs with the other stuff they play.
    Yup and that's why the band does that, show after show. If people don't wanna hear the hits cause they've heard them enough times, go take a piss break or go get merch.
    Actually that's why I go into the show early, to take care of those kind of business matters ahead of time. Last thing I want to do is miss anything even if it's evenflow or any other songs I've heard a bunch of times.
    Reading 2004
    Albany 2006 Camden 2006 E. Rutherford 2, 2006 Inglewood 2006,
    Chicago 2007
    Camden 2008 MSG 2008 MSG 2008 Hartford 2008.
    Seattle 2009 Seattle 2009 Philadelphia 2009,Philadelphia 2009 Philadelphia 2009
    Hartford 2010 MSG 2010 MSG 2010
    Toronto 2011,Toronto 2011
    Wrigley Field 2013 Brooklyn 2013 Brooklyn 2013 Philadelphia 2, 2013
    Philadelphia 1, 2016 Philadelphia 2 2016 New York 2016 New York 2016 Fenway 1, 2016
    Fenway 2, 2018
    MSG 2022
    St. Paul, 1, St. Paul 2 2023
    "I play good, hard-nosed basketball.
    Things happen in the game. Nothing you
    can do. I don't go and say,
    "I'm gonna beat this guy up."
  • Options
    Get_Right said:

Get_Right said:

Agreed

News flash
    There is a very good chance that encore 2 will include alive, black RITFW, indifference and yellow ledbetter. Tonight and every night. I am guessing maybe baba tonight.
    That's cool with me. If anyone has GA and wants to just chill, I'll be in the back having some brews enjoying the band

• Options
    Get_RightGet_Right Posts: 12,479

Get_Right said:

Get_Right said:

Agreed

News flash
    There is a very good chance that encore 2 will include alive, black RITFW, indifference and yellow ledbetter. Tonight and every night. I am guessing maybe baba tonight.
    That's cool with me. If anyone has GA and wants to just chill, I'll be in the back having some brews enjoying the band
    Nice I am in 115 tonight.
  • Options

Get_Right said:

Agreed

Actually that's why I go into the show early, to take care of those kind of business matters ahead of time. Last thing I want to do is miss anything even if it's evenflow or any other songs I've heard a bunch of times.
    Haha that doesn't surprise me. I go afterwords

• Options
    Get_Right said:

Get_Right said:

Get_Right said:

Agreed

News flash
    Nice I am in 115 tonight.
    Oh that's cool, have fun and all

• Options
    abulrabulr Posts: 80

Great show last night. Some of you people need to stop dissecting every little thing, it's sad. A cash grab? Seriously? Get a clue.

haha - so true...

first time GA Rail... Mike side, (had been seated Stone side before, luckily)
    i was thinking "after Philly they will take it easy tonight"...
    Go, Corduroy, early and they NEVER let up

what was amazing is - i stopped drinking liquids early, and i felt incredibly dehydrated after about 45mins...
    the guys in my section were like "come on!!! yaaah" - totally pumped up
    so much energy!

in Philly (Sec 103 - Mike's side, maybe 40yrds out) i was the loudest guy during Sonic Reducer - no such thing here- everyone was incredibly pumped and very energetic

as per the whiners - i've learned something very interesting lately - while waiting in line, guys around me were (in order) ... Alabama, Minnesota, Netherlands, Chicago, Colorado

everyone has different experiences and different timelines

loving a band that has changed so much and been daring enough to take so many risks over their lifetime, means you will get young people who love Binaural or Avocado and won't understand why the old fogies go nuts over Footsteps...
    and there are people on their 95th show who will go more nuts over Bugs, than the girlfriend of the guy who just bought tickets off stubhub and is thrilled they are playing Betterman (the only song she knows)

luckily with 10C, we rarely have to sit with the latter, but when we do, we should be cognizant of the fact that we're not with our people...

i honestly would put this show in my Top 3 (and tonight would make it my 30th since 1995)
    and if i had to pick, Small Town, Lightning Bolt, Rockin would be on the bottom of my list for encores... personally
    and yet - the energy was insanely hard

to someone else's point earlier - about band getting older - so yeah, they are, if you're still looking for your lead singer to climb 40-foot rafters, might i suggest looking elsewhere... but then you probably won't get gems like Just Breathe and Future Days either...

lastly - i don't think the band is oblivious to the fact that they've completely omitted Avocado, tonight is the 10th anniversary of the release... just saying

Chloe/Crown always insane
    I got Id!!!
    Felt like the floor would collapse during Whipping

Mike had so much energy, and better yet, i have NEVER seen him better. The solo during Black was INSANE!....

I may be officially Team McCready after this show.
    9/95 N.O. ; 9/96 Randall's 1&2 ; 9/98 Continental ; 9/98 - MSG 1 & 2 ; 5/00 - Wembley ; 8/00 - Jones Beach 1,2&3 ; 7/03 - MSG 1&2 ; 5/06 - Irving Plaza ; 6/06 - Continental 1&2 ; 6/08 - MSG 1&2 ; 6/08 - Beacon ; 10/09 - Spectrum 2&3 ; 05/10 - Prudential ; 05/10 - MSG 1&2; 10/13 - Barclays 1&2 ; 10/14 Memphis ; 9/15 Central Park; 4/16 Philly 2; 5/16 MSG 1&2; 5/16 QC; 8/16 Boston; 8/16 Chicago 1&2; 8/18 Seattle 1&2; 8/18 Boston
  • Options
    RD81760RD81760 Posts: 123
    Show was just OK for me, been to all the MSG shows and Brooklyn, seems like we keep getting the same show over and over.
  • Options
    GivenToJam88GivenToJam88 NJ Posts: 1,187
    Did anybody else see Trey? I could've sworn I saw him walking thru Section 2
    2006: 5/28
    2008: 6/19, 6/24, 6/25
    2009: 6/14 (EV), 10/27, 10/28
    2010: 5/17
    2011: 6/21 (EV), 6/22 (EV), 9/11, 9/12
    2012: 9/2
    2013: 10/15, 10/16, 10/19, 10/21, 10/22, 10/27, 11/23, 11/24
    2014: 10/19
    2016: 5/1, 5/2, 5/8
    2018: 8/20, 9/2, 9/4
  • Options
    duffmannduffmann PHILLY Posts: 475
    edited May 2016
    My first show at the Garden and lived up to EVERY expectation I had! Shout out to Brad who sold me his extra. A cool thing happened, when two dudes asked us to switch seats...... UPGRADE!
    Philly PA 91, Philly 92, Camden 98, Camden 2X 00, State College, Philly, Camden 2X & Hershey 03, Reading 04, AC 2X & Philly 05, Camden 2X 06, Camden 2X 08, Philly 4X 09, Philly 2X & Balt 13, Natti & Moline 14, FTL & MIA, Philly 2X, MSG 2X, Fenway 2X 16, Seattle 2X, Missoula, Wrigley 2X, Fenway 2X 18                               ******COVID******
    San Diego & LA  2X, PHX, MSG, Camden, Nashville, 50th SHOW STL 22, CHI(n2), INDY, FTW(n2), Austin 2X 23......
  • Options
    sweetspotsweetspot Posts: 76
    Here is our photo review from msg 1. Fun times
    Http://www.6000footdrop.com
  • Options
    CK27287CK27287 Posts: 1
    Does Anyone know how many people are in the GA pit? Have tickets tonight to MSG, GA. Just wondering how many will be in the crowd. Thanks
  • Options
    guacamolejoeguacamolejoe Posts: 2,396
    mcgruff10 said:

nicknyr15 said:

AMAZING!!! is all i can think of now! on the train home can't process how awesome this night was. :lol:

Going tonight?
    4th cup of coffee lol. who's gonna hook me up with good seats tonight?!

oh yeah, had the privilege of meeting jose (arq) and paul (pdalosky) last night. awesome guys!!!</blockquote

Jose is an angel. Met Paul last night too. Great People!
    So, What you Giving ?........ (Thanks Speedy, Alesek, & Arq+friends)
    What You Giving

I suggest you step out on your Porch.
    Run away my son. See it all. Oh, See the World!
  • Options
    Black1991Black1991 Posts: 119
    I know future days might not be a fan favorite for everyone however it's my wife and I's wedding song and our one year anniversary was just a week ago so that made the night really special.
  • Options
    pjallipjalli Posts: 128

• Options
    Magic_NYCMagic_NYC Posts: 28
    Please consider playing Fatal tonight!
  • Options
    KP_McMinnKP_McMinn West Philadelphia born and raised Posts: 748
    pjalli said:

oh that is cool!
  • Options
    GivenToJam88GivenToJam88 NJ Posts: 1,187
    I knew it was him! Thanks for posting the pic!
    2006: 5/28
    2008: 6/19, 6/24, 6/25
    2009: 6/14 (EV), 10/27, 10/28
    2010: 5/17
    2011: 6/21 (EV), 6/22 (EV), 9/11, 9/12
    2012: 9/2
    2013: 10/15, 10/16, 10/19, 10/21, 10/22, 10/27, 11/23, 11/24
    2014: 10/19
    2016: 5/1, 5/2, 5/8
    2018: 8/20, 9/2, 9/4
  • Options
    rssesqrssesq Fairfield County Posts: 3,299
    who's that? opie cunningham? I kid, I kid
  • Options
    BrainofNJBrainofNJ NJ Posts: 7
    Found you. See ya later. Sharing that Mike side rail with you was EPIC, to overuse the word.
    abulr said:

Great show last night. Some of you people need to stop dissecting every little thing, it's sad. A cash grab? Seriously? Get a clue.

haha - so true...

first time GA Rail... Mike side, (had been seated Stone side before, luckily)
    i was thinking "after Philly they will take it easy tonight"...
    Go, Corduroy, early and they NEVER let up

what was amazing is - i stopped drinking liquids early, and i felt incredibly dehydrated after about 45mins...
    the guys in my section were like "come on!!! yaaah" - totally pumped up
    so much energy!

in Philly (Sec 103 - Mike's side, maybe 40yrds out) i was the loudest guy during Sonic Reducer - no such thing here- everyone was incredibly pumped and very energetic

as per the whiners - i've learned something very interesting lately - while waiting in line, guys around me were (in order) ... Alabama, Minnesota, Netherlands, Chicago, Colorado

everyone has different experiences and different timelines

loving a band that has changed so much and been daring enough to take so many risks over their lifetime, means you will get young people who love Binaural or Avocado and won't understand why the old fogies go nuts over Footsteps...
    and there are people on their 95th show who will go more nuts over Bugs, than the girlfriend of the guy who just bought tickets off stubhub and is thrilled they are playing Betterman (the only song she knows)

luckily with 10C, we rarely have to sit with the latter, but when we do, we should be cognizant of the fact that we're not with our people...

i honestly would put this show in my Top 3 (and tonight would make it my 30th since 1995)
    and if i had to pick, Small Town, Lightning Bolt, Rockin would be on the bottom of my list for encores... personally
    and yet - the energy was insanely hard

to someone else's point earlier - about band getting older - so yeah, they are, if you're still looking for your lead singer to climb 40-foot rafters, might i suggest looking elsewhere... but then you probably won't get gems like Just Breathe and Future Days either...

lastly - i don't think the band is oblivious to the fact that they've completely omitted Avocado, tonight is the 10th anniversary of the release... just saying

Chloe/Crown always insane
    I got Id!!!
    Felt like the floor would collapse during Whipping

Mike had so much energy, and better yet, i have NEVER seen him better. The solo during Black was INSANE!....

I may be officially Team McCready after this show.
  • Options
    kevinbeetlekevinbeetle Posts: 358
    edited May 2016
    Show #15, 5th time at MSG. Ten Club seats in Section 115. First time on Mike's side. Here he is running up the aisle during Alive. If you know the girl with the huge smile on her face from Section 16, tell her I have a couple more shots.

Rockin' In The Free World
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0LtiQqS7WCM
    Post edited by kevinbeetle on
  • Options
    tchtch Posts: 91
    To the guy in the UW shirt who was rocking out in section 105- thanks for bringing up the energy in several sections. You looked like you were having a great time and even the security guards were getting hyped. However, ROMAR SUCKS!
  • Options
    ragejoeragejoe Agawam Mass Posts: 1,413
    duffmann said:

My first show at the Garden and lived up to EVERY expectation I had! Shout out to Brad who sold me his extra. A cool thing happened, when two dudes asked us to switch seats...... UPGRADE!

Glad you enjoyed it , nothing like see PJ at the Garden...

Thought it was a great show. Energy from the band was phenomenal. Thought crowd was great but there have been better MSG crowds... hoping we step it up to the next level tonight.... section 117 for me both nights
    1998 Tour- Hartford 9/13
    2000 Tour- Saratoga 8/27 Boston 8/29, 8/30
    2003 Tour- Albany 4/29 Boston 7/2,7/3,7/11 Philadelphia 7/5,7/6 MSG 7/8,7/9
    2004 Tour-
    Boston 9/28,9/29
    2006 Tour-
    Albany 5/12 Hartford 5/13 Boston 5/24,5/25
    2008 Tour-
    MSG 6/24,6/25 Hartford 6/27 Boston 6/28,6/30 Eddie- Boston 8/1
    2009 Tour-
    Eddie- Albany 6/9 Philly Spectrum- 10/30, 10/31
    2010 Tour-
    Hartford 5/15 MSG 5/20,5/21
    2011 Tour-
    Eddie- Hartford 6/18
    2013 Tour- Worcester,MA 10/15,10/16 Hartford 10/25
    2016 Tour- MSG 5/1,5/2 FENWAY 8/5,8/7
    2018 Tour- Fenway 9/2, 9/4 (My 40th show)!
  • Options
    NYCPJNYCPJ nyc Posts: 761

Show #15, 5th time at MSG. Ten Club seats in Section 115. First time on Mike's side. Here he is running up the aisle during Alive. If you know the girl with the huge smile on her face from Section 16, tell her I have a couple more shots.

Rockin' In The Free World
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0LtiQqS7WCM

Very cool!
    I was on Stone's side, but got a few photos. Maybe you are in one of these photos!

https://www.flickr.com/photos/jlbnyc/26671445802/

https://www.flickr.com/photos/jlbnyc/26764902745/
    6/3/06 (East Rutherford 2)
    6/24/08 (MSG1)
    6/25/08 (MSG2)
    7/1/08 (Beacon Theater -NYC)
    10/30/09 (Philly3)
    5/18/10 (Newark, NJ)
    5/20/10 (MSG1)
    5/21/10 (MSG2)
    10/18/13 (Brooklyn 1)
    10/19/13 (Brooklyn 2)
    5/1/16 (MSG 1)
    5/2/16 (MSG 2)
    3/30/20 (MSG)
  • Options
    SPEEDY MCCREADYSPEEDY MCCREADY Posts: 24,800
    I don't need rarities to enjoy a show.
    I don't give a rats ass what the people in my section are doing during the show. If they want to sit? I could care less. If they want to jump and act like fools? I could care less. As long as they are not vomiting on me(And yes I will share an MSG vomiting story with everyone, maybe tomorrow).

That show last night at MSG was FUCKING TREMENDOUS!
    PERIOD!
    I sang, I danced, I laughed, I giggled, I shed a tear.
    I shared this show with a dear friend. We had the fucking times of our lives.

EPIC!
    EPIC I SAY!
    Take me piece by piece.....
    Till there aint nothing left worth taking away from me.....
  • Options
    nicknyr15nicknyr15 Posts: 7,786
    edited May 2016

I don't give a rats ass what the people in my section are doing during the show. If they want to sit? I could care less. If they want to jump and act like fools? I could care less. As long as they are not vomiting on me(And yes I will share an MSG vomiting story with everyone, maybe tomorrow).

PERIOD!

EPIC!
    EPIC I SAY!

Great attitude.
    Sorry.

EPIC ATTITUDE
    Post edited by nicknyr15 on
  • Options
    jonnywexjonnywex Jersey Posts: 3
    What is that jam they've been playing within Rearviewmirror?
  • Options

PERIOD!

EPIC!
    EPIC I SAY!

I fucking love this post