Options

*** Philadelphia, PA Fanviews Here 4/29/16 ***

Comments

• Options
    SVRDhand13SVRDhand13 NYC Posts: 25,905

Something about Friday shows in Philadelphia. See spectrum 3. This was epic. I knew what was going down when evenflow was number two on the set

I knew it when I saw that flag. What a way to start the show.
    severed hand thirteen

2006: Gorge 7/23 2008: Hartford 6/27 Beacon 7/1 2009: Spectrum 10/30-31
    2010: Newark 5/18 MSG 5/20-21 2011: PJ20 9/3-4 2012: Made In America 9/2
    2013: Brooklyn 10/18-19 Philly 10/21-22 Hartford 10/25 2014: ACL10/12
    2015: NYC 9/23 2016: Tampa 4/11 Philly 4/28-29 MSG 5/1-2 Fenway 8/5+8/7
    2017: RRHoF 4/7   2018: Fenway 9/2+9/4   2021: Sea Hear Now 9/18 
    2022: MSG 9/11  2024: MSG 9/3-4 Philly 9/7+9/9 Fenway 9/15+9/17
  • Options
    cblock77cblock77 Posts: 36
    Who I Am said:

I think Ed missed announcing Jeff again. To which point Jeff went to back of stage bewildered and Stone kept looking at him and laughing. Did anyone else catch that or did I just imagine that in my drunkin' stuper?

I noticed that too. Guessing Jeff gets a special Ed shout-out tomorrow at MSG.
  • Options
    LiftedLifted Posts: 1,667
    If anyone has an extra sticker please pm me. Missed out and would love to buy one.
  • Options
    vitodacatvitodacat Posts: 470
    cblock77 said:

Who I Am said:

I think Ed missed announcing Jeff again. To which point Jeff went to back of stage bewildered and Stone kept looking at him and laughing. Did anyone else catch that or did I just imagine that in my drunkin' stuper?

Well at least Ed mentioned Jeff's drinking problem. Two and a half glasses of champagne in new orleans

*Official Marker in the Sand Fan Club Junkie*
    Member # 0003

wont let the light escape from me
    wont let the darkness swallow me
  • Options
    HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,870
    you lucky fuckers!!!
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    BRWillyBRWilly DC Posts: 70
    G.O.A.T
    Mansfield 6/30/08
    Boston 5/17/10
    Baltimore 10/27/13
    Central Park 9/26/15
    Philadelphia 4/29/16 (TEN)
    Fenway Park 8/5/16
    Fenway Park 9/4/18
    St. Paul 9/2/23

Ev Solo Providence 6/15/11
  • Options
    sarnocmsarnocm York, ME Posts: 81
    Wow, that was intense. Thank God for naps. I got so worn out by dancing and singing my lungs out to Ten, that it wasn't until Encore 2 that I had energy again. I've never seen as much energy as the crowd had in Alive when most people realized what was happening. MSG has a lot to live up to. I'm especially excited for GA tix when they get to Quebec and I'm with my wife and 6 of my friends!

1993 Berkeley
    1995 SF Polo grounds
    2010 Boston
    2013 Worcester 1, Worcester 2, Hartford
    2014 Vienna, Berlin, Stockholm, Oslo, Denver
    2015 GCF
    2016 Philly 1&2, MSG 1&2, Quebec City, Ottawa, Fenway 1&2, Wrigley 1&2
    2017 RRHOF

2018 Wrigley 1, Fenway 1&2

2022 EV—NYC 2, Berlin, Imola, Quebec City, Camden

• Options
    what dreamswhat dreams Posts: 1,761
    What a night to check Philly off my bucket list. Just wow.
  • Options

Cmon Pearl Jam u must be due for a fukn Tour Down Under! This shit is getting out of hand!

I have flown from Australia for both nights at MSG. I will be sure to have a sign asking PJ to come to Australia.

Off He Goes - The Jammer
  • Options
    eeriepadaveeeriepadave West Chester, PA Posts: 40,983
    edited April 2016
    My computer died last night/this morning. Can't upload pics or video from the show :anguished:

Missed out on getting a poster. Thought I could get one when I got inside and I almost did, but the person right before me got the last one. I have a night 1 poster to trade if anyone wants to.
    Post edited by eeriepadave on
    bf959b1f-9b77-457c-baf8-038776f33339_zps8a6a389d.jpg?t=1365722973
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly
    Eddie Vedder- 6/25/11- Philly
  • Options
    JI658763JI658763 Posts: 19
    2nd show ever....blown away, amazing show! Drove from Altoona Pa with my best friend and his wife and my wife...best friend battling stage 3 cancer, had just got him the ten collection as surprise gift and we get this magical night! Unreal, can't wait for Fenway show!
    Cincy 2014
    Philly II 2016 (The Ten show)
    Fenway Paak Night #2 (Aug 7th 2016)
    Wrigley#1 (Aug 20th 2016)
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me!
  • Options
    PJNBPJNB Posts: 12,853

PJNB said:

I think people who say they wouldn't want to hear Ten front to back are full of shit.

That was my 16th show, and easily in my top three, probably top two shows. Hartford '13 is tough to top.

I'm glad we got Just Breathe. It's my wife's favorite, and we haven't heard it since her first show, Hartford '10.

full of shit or brain dead. take your pick...
    While this show would have been a dream for me it still may not be everyones cup of tea. Why care what the minority think and find the need to insult them?
    I don't care. why do you care? are you the White Knight?
  • Options
    alizmializmi Baltimore...MD Posts: 196
    Ive been talking about this one all day now. After night 1 in Philly (which was such a great eclectic show) I thought it was going to be hard to top. I knew it right away that Ten was coming. I said to the woman next to me (who was at her first show btw) that its an odd song to start with I wonder if they're giving us Ten tonight. She didn't get it at first and was happy to hear songs she knew. Little did she know that she was at one of the greatest shows they've ever done.

This tour for me has been so wonderful. Miami got things going and with each passing show Ive been to the bar has been raised over and over. Not sure anything is going to top Philly 2 to be honest. I am beyond lucky to have been a part of last night. One that will surely be purchased the second its released.

Highlights for me...Oceans two nights in a row! A beyond emotional Release. Bee Girl to start out the 2nd set. All Or None was an enormous surprise (just not one you ever expect in a set). Seeing myself several times on the screens was a pretty cool highlight on a selfish note...connecting with my PJ Family and everyone in that building last night...priceless.

Thank you Pearl Jam for continuing to give and give and give...
  • Options
    rrebernrrebern Chicago Posts: 69
    Flew in from Chicago to see the show with my cousins and wow what a show! Philly doesn't disappoint... and this one will be hard to top. Must've dropped my ticket on the floor of the pit at some point -- if anyone happened to pick it up I'd be most appreciative if I could get a PM.
  • Options
    EchoesOnMarsEchoesOnMars Reading, Pennsylvania Posts: 422
    My second ever Pearl Jam show, I dont think ill ever be as impressed at another show ever again
    Philadelphia 2013 (Night 1)
    Philadelphia 2016 (Night 2)
    Upper Darby 2016 (Night 2) (Temple of the Dog)

• Options
    JI658763JI658763 Posts: 19
    still numb from this show!
    Cincy 2014
    Philly II 2016 (The Ten show)
    Fenway Paak Night #2 (Aug 7th 2016)
    Wrigley#1 (Aug 20th 2016)
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me!
  • Options
    michaelomichaelo Morgantown, PA. USA Posts: 64
    I've seen a few shows. Not as many as a lot of folks but all Philly/Camden plus Randall's ,Jones Beach,Denver,Chicago,Reading.... On this particular night I was sitting in section 109 and a young lady was asking me what my favorite show was. At that point in time I had a really hard time answering cause they have all been pretty good. I really wish I had taken a moment to re-answer that question because, without a doubt, it was this one.
  • Options
    BrainofBGABrainofBGA Australia Posts: 3,977

Cmon Pearl Jam u must be due for a fukn Tour Down Under! This shit is getting out of hand!

I have flown from Australia for both nights at MSG. I will be sure to have a sign asking PJ to come to Australia.

Wow! Have an amazing time!

Whereabouts in Australia are you from?

Melbourne #1 '98
    Melbourne #2 '03
    Melbourne #3 '03
    Melbourne #1 '06
    Melbourne #3 '06
    Melbourne '09
    Melbourne '14
  • Options
    BrainofNJBrainofNJ NJ Posts: 7

I still haven't slept. Holy shit. Best show of my life. Sec 108 Row 26. The usher in our section was dancing his ass off. Epic!

I wonder if you think I was the usher. Was 108 row 26 and danced right over the entryway all night. Sweat through my shirt 3 times.
  • Options
    rssesqrssesq Fairfield County Posts: 3,299
    made it home at 3:00 am last night and hey, what can I say? WHAT A SHOW. I thought I was lucky in Moline and Milwaukee but last night was the capper! What a special show and I will not soon forget show #104 for me. Had trouble thinking how they were gonna top night 1 but playin Ten front to back sure worked. Then Breakerfall, who you are, spin, DTE to close first, WOW!
    If only I had extended my Florida run by one show, I could have caught all 4 entirety shows.

I want to thank Philly's own, Whitey (for Prez) for a great time and helping me out with tix. Philly is a great place, you locals are lucky. I'll see you fellas at the Garden manana. Safe travels. I'll have a few of the crumble filled fatties waiting.
  • Options
    rustneversleepsrustneversleeps The Motel of Lost Companions Posts: 2,209
    rssesq said:

made it home at 3:00 am last night and hey, what can I say? WHAT A SHOW. I thought I was lucky in Moline and Milwaukee but last night was the capper! What a special show and I will not soon forget show #104 for me. Had trouble thinking how they were gonna top night 1 but playin Ten front to back sure worked. Then Breakerfall, who you are, spin, DTE to close first, WOW!
    If only I had extended my Florida run by one show, I could have caught all 4 entirety shows.

I want to thank Philly's own, Whitey (for Prez) for a great time and helping me out with tix. Philly is a great place, you locals are lucky. I'll see you fellas at the Garden manana. Safe travels. I'll have a few of the crumble filled fatties waiting.

aahhh, those things are sensational! thanks to you and blenderman69 for the steady flow of tasty doobers for 2 days... everyone appreciated it. glad we got to party, even without the best weather we got it done.
  • Options
    blenderman69blenderman69 philly Posts: 2,104
    shit I totally forgot "WHITEY FOR PREZ 2016!!!!!!!
  • Options
    Ledbetterman10Ledbetterman10 Posts: 16,748
    Great show....as always. I loved Ten front-to-back. Especially to start the show. I mean...come on....Alive as the third song? It was pretty crazy. Oceans was a big highlight for me. This was my 30th show and I finally got it. Now I've seen every song from the first five albums at least once. Got to see a few other tunes for the first time: Let the Records Play, Breakerfall, and Comfortably Numb...which I hadn't really been digging from the bootlegs, was great in person. Great crowd energy like it is at ever Philly show. Tight performance. This band is as great as they've ever been.
    2000: Camden 1, 2003: Philly, State College, Camden 1, MSG 2, Hershey, 2004: Reading, 2005: Philly, 2006: Camden 1, 2, East Rutherford 1, 2007: Lollapalooza, 2008: Camden 1, Washington D.C., MSG 1, 2, 2009: Philly 1, 2, 3, 4, 2010: Bristol, MSG 2, 2011: PJ20 1, 2, 2012: Made In America, 2013: Brooklyn 2, Philly 2, 2014: Denver, 2015: Global Citizen Festival, 2016: Philly 2, Fenway 1, 2018: Fenway 1, 2, 2021: Sea. Hear. Now. 2022: Camden

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
    http://wegotshit.blogspot.com
  • Options
    gkitt80gkitt80 Philadelphia, PA Posts: 24
    Great show last night, such a cool experience getting Ten start to finish. Met a bunch of cool folks the past two days, John from Willow Grove - thanks for the keychain!

FYI, some cool shirts for sale on Amazon being sold by RideTheWave to commemorate last nights show
  • Options
    cutzcutz Posts: 11,477
    edited May 2016
    cblock77 said:

Who I Am said:

Yeah, man, i think you missed it in your drunkin' stuper>LOL. Ed announced Jeff right after Mike. In fact he yells out JEFFFFFFFFF Ament(this right after Baba, as i just heard it on the Aud recording.)
  • Options
    GM151575GM151575 Freehold, NJ Posts: 346
    When they opened with once twice, I knew it was going to happen. 13 years of shows and I was still missing garden. My friends first show, of course he gets all of ten. Was awesome. I think I liked night one setlist better in total, not to diminish the rarity of last night. Both amazing. MSG would probably have to have guests or something to top Philly.
  • Options
    cutzcutz Posts: 11,477
    edited May 2016
    Not need for a deep review for this show(cuz you'll have said it already) but all i can say is............................................................................. JUST WOW!!!!
    Post edited by cutz on
  • Options
    pearldavidsonpearldavidson PA Posts: 1,356
    edited May 2016
    Not a big fan of the whole album thing front to back ( unless they want to do riot act lol). I prefer the element of surprise song by song. All or None was the highlight of my night 2. Amazing two nights on south broad street no doubt about it.
    Post edited by pearldavidson on
  • Options
    RiotZactRiotZact Posts: 6,208
    1st of all HUGE thanks to JK_Livin for hooking my dad up with an awesome seat, thanks so much again man!

Put me in the camp of people that wouldn't have been that excited for Ten on paper, but man was I wrong! What an amazing experience, hard to say anything that hasn't already been said. Release was the highlight for me, so unbelievably emotional.

Breakerfall was a huge highlight for me, one of the top 5 I was hoping to hear. I will say though, it was insane how dead the crowed was for it. That really shows that even though some of us love albums like Binaural, it probably wouldn't be the best album for them to play.

All or None was another one I wouldn't have been that excited for, but was completely amazing. LTRP and STBC is a great combo I would never complain about hearing. Comfortably Numb was amazing as expected.

The covers to close the show were amazing. I wasn't very familiar with Throw your Hatred Down but I thought it sounded really really good. Sonic Reducer and Baba were the #1 and #2 covers I wanted to hear at these shows, getting them both in a row was awesome. My body was totally dead at this point at the show but I was jamming so hard, probably harder than any point of either night.

AMAZING SHOW! THANKS SO MUCH PEARL JAM AND PHILLY!!!
  • Options
    nycratsnycrats Posts: 1,348
    If there was a show tonight I don't know how I'd be able to attend. I am still in full recovery mode from that philly insanity.
    '98: Camden 1 '00: JB2 '03: MSG1 '04: Boston 1 '05: AC1
    '06: Irving Plaza, East Rutherford 1 & 2 '07: Lolla '08: Camden 2, MSG2, Beacon
    '09 :Philly 1 & 2 '10: Buffalo, Newark, MSG1, MSG2
    '11: PJ20 1 & 2 '12: Missoula '13: Wrigley, BK2, Philly 1 & 2, Hartford
    '14: Ams 1 & 2, Cincy, St Louis, Detroit, Moline '15: Central Park
    '16 Philly 1 & 2, MSG 1 & 2, Toronto 1 & 2, Fenway 1, Wrigley 1
    '17 Brooklyn hall of fame ‘18 Fenway 1