Options

*** Philadelphia, PA Fanviews Here 4/29/16 ***

Comments

• Options
    Ms. HaikuMs. Haiku Washington DC Posts: 7,250

Ms. Haiku said:

Awesome concert! Two highlights were the woman near me knew every word and sang her lungs out. I sang all the songs I knew. Release was. . . It was like we all wanted it to be good, and it was.

what section were you in? That could have been me :)
    Section 216A row 8, she would have been seat 5.
    There is no such thing as leftover pizza. There is now pizza and later pizza. - anonymous
    The risk I took was calculated, but man, am I bad at math - The Mincing Mockingbird
  • Options
    merlin401merlin401 Posts: 216
    kosteva2 said:

merlin401 said:

Going to leave my review next, but a quick question: How does Pearl Jam only have 10 Philly sell-outs? It seems like the have played there many, many more times than that (I mean I've even driven down there 5x for shows from up in North Jersey)

The banner specifically said "South Philly" sellouts to only really encompass Spectrum ('03, '09 x 4) and Wells Fargo ('05, '13 x 2, '16 x 2). Leaves out Dobbs and Camden ('98 x 2, '00 x 2, '03 x 2, '08 x 2).
    Thats interesting, I would have sworn there were more. And how is they got a banner? No other artists have sold out Philly more then 10x? It feels like Pearl Jam is worthy of a Philly banner of course, but because it feels like they played down there 20-25x at least, not just 10.
    Jones Beach II (2000), Holmdel (2003), Camden 1, East Rutherford II, Gorge I, Gorge II (2006), MSG I, Boston II (2008), Spectrum II, Spectrum III, Spectrum IV (2009), MSG I, MSG II (2010), Prague (2012), Philly I (2013), Philly I, Philly II, Fenway I (2016), Fenway I (2018), MSG (2022)
  • Options
    nicknyr15nicknyr15 Posts: 7,714
    edited April 2016
    Lauraa said:

The best concert I've ever been to in my whole life. The crowd was amazing. Loudest crowd I've ever experienced !!! Whole place was going insane!! Love pearl jam. Can't wait for Sunday and Monday night !!!!! Can't see them topping this show tho...

^ my wife :-)

We truly had the best night of our life. Section 121 was rocking.
    Post edited by nicknyr15 on
  • Options
    nothinasitseemsnothinasitseems New Jersey Posts: 1,507
    nicknyr15 said:

Lauraa said:

The best concert I've ever been to in my whole life. The crowd was amazing. Loudest crowd I've ever experienced !!! Whole place was going insane!! Love pearl jam. Can't wait for Sunday and Monday night !!!!! Can't see them topping this show tho...

We truly had the best night of our life's. Section 121 was rocking.
    yes it was!! what row were you in?! i was in 16
    2013: Worcester 2, Brooklyn 1, Brooklyn 2, Hartford
    2015: Global Citizen Festival
    2016: Philly 1, Philly 2, MSG 1, MSG 2, Fenway 2
    2018: Fenway 1, Fenway 2
    2024: MSG 2, Philly 1, Philly 2, Fenway 1, Fenway 2
  • Options
    blenderman69blenderman69 philly Posts: 2,104
    JC29856 said:

The show that crowd that band! The only way I could end that night was waking up on the floor in the 15th precinct!
    All will be forgiven eventually.
    It's a "you had to be there" show to understand.
    Much thanks!

I have woken up in the 15th before hahaha...I live like 6 blocks from there lol
  • Options
    Ms. HaikuMs. Haiku Washington DC Posts: 7,250
    Suziemay said:

JE107307 said:

Does anyone have a picture of the new banner they hung up?

I thought they were just celebrating the album, but it has many meanings. Philly loves music! I love Philly! I love Philly! For me the three Philly shows (2005 and 2 x 2016) are PJ stellar concerts. Those are my favorite concerts.
    There is no such thing as leftover pizza. There is now pizza and later pizza. - anonymous
    The risk I took was calculated, but man, am I bad at math - The Mincing Mockingbird
  • Options

nicknyr15 said:

Lauraa said:

Row 14. I was tall guy losing his mind with the pj hat. Wife was to my left seats 5,6
  • Options
    nicknyr15 said:

nicknyr15 said:

Lauraa said:

Row 14. I was tall guy losing his mind with the pj hat. Wife was to my left seats 5,6
    were you the couple taking selfies with the guy giving you the bunny ears next to us?
  • Options

nicknyr15 said:

nicknyr15 said:

Lauraa said:

were you the couple taking selfies with the guy giving you the bunny ears next to us?
    Yes!!! Haaaaaaa
  • Options
    MomadanceMomadance Posts: 52
    edited April 2016
    merlin401 said:

Thats interesting, I would have sworn there were more. And how is they got a banner? No other artists have sold out Philly more then 10x? It feels like Pearl Jam is worthy of a Philly banner of course, but because it feels like they played down there 20-25x at least, not just 10.

There are banners for Springsteen 56 shows and Billy Joel for 48 shows. There was a banner for The Dead but it's been removed. They've played 10 sold out shows between The Spectrum and the WFC.
  • Options
    nicknyr15 said:

nicknyr15 said:

nicknyr15 said:

Lauraa said:

Yes!!! Haaaaaaa
    HAHA awesome, small world! you two were rocking out all night!
  • Options

nicknyr15 said:

nicknyr15 said:

nicknyr15 said:

Lauraa said:

Yes!!! Haaaaaaa
    We sure were. We were a little concerned about our energy level heading in because we both were there night 1, then had work so we were tired. But once they hit the stage, there's no better source of energy than PJ! What a night.
  • Options
    TravelarTravelar Kalamazoo, USA Posts: 3,358
    Holy shit.... Throw Your Hatred Down was insane! What a night to remember.
  • Options
    dorothyddorothyd delaware Posts: 1
    fantastic show! so much fun. Release was my hubby's white whale, i'm so glad he finally got it live :)
  • Options
    on2legson2legs Standing in the Jersey rain… Posts: 14,420
    nicknyr15 said:

nicknyr15 said:

nicknyr15 said:

nicknyr15 said:

Lauraa said:

Yes!!! Haaaaaaa
    We sure were. We were a little concerned about our energy level heading in because we both were there night 1, then had work so we were tired. But once they hit the stage, there's no better source of energy than PJ! What a night.
    Me too. Wiped out from night 1 and work the next day but once they started even flow and it was clear what they were up to I got a second wind that lasted the rest of the day :smiley:
    1996: Randall's Island 2  1998: East Rutherford | MSG 1 & 2  2000: Cincinnati | Columbus | Jones Beach 1, 2, & 3 | Boston 1 | Camden 1 & 2 2003: Philadelphia | Uniondale | MSG 1 & 2 | Holmdel  2005: Atlantic City 1  2006: Camden 1 | East Rutherford 1 & 2 2008: Camden 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Newark (EV)  2009: Philadelphia 1, 2 & 4  2010: Newark | MSG 1 & 2  2011: Toronto 1  2013: Wrigley Field | Brooklyn 2 | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore  2015: Central Park  2016: Philadelphia 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Fenway Park 2 | MSG (TOTD)  2017: Brooklyn (RnR HOF)  2020: MSG | Asbury Park  2021: Asbury Park  2022: MSG | Camden | Nashville  2024: MSG 1 & 2 (#50) | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore

• Options
    JC29856JC29856 Posts: 9,617

JC29856 said:

The show that crowd that band! The only way I could end that night was waking up on the floor in the 15th precinct!
    Much thanks!

Wow, those guys don't mess. My phone died so I couldn't call anyone, not that anyone would answer at 4am anyway. They pointed me to the pay phone, I thought pay phones went extinct in 2004.
  • Options
    nicknyr15 said:

nicknyr15 said:

nicknyr15 said:

nicknyr15 said:

Lauraa said:

Yes!!! Haaaaaaa
    we were at night 1 too but we both took off from work. :lol: absolutely best night ever!
  • Options
    WW187806WW187806 Long Island, NY Posts: 529
    edited April 2016
    and i cant figure out how to add my picture into this forum... i have a good one of the banner, as they were putting spot light on it.
    Post edited by WW187806 on
  • Options
    my2handsmy2hands Posts: 17,117
    Who I Am said:

All I keep thinking about is if '91 Ed saw that performance of '16 Ed he would've gave it one of these....

love it
  • Options
    blacknapkinsblacknapkins Posts: 2,176
    Thank you, Pearl Jam, Ten Club and the magnificent crowd that made last night's show my best PJ experience to date. Release ... was. We came away feeling compassionate good will, love without cynicism, and rocked to the bone in the very best way.
    "Information is not knowledge.
    Knowledge is not wisdom.
    Wisdom is not truth.
    Truth is not beauty.
    Beauty is not love.
    Love is not music.
    Music is the best."
    ~ FZ ~
  • Options
    kosteva2kosteva2 Posts: 286
    merlin401 said:

kosteva2 said:

merlin401 said:

Going to leave my review next, but a quick question: How does Pearl Jam only have 10 Philly sell-outs? It seems like the have played there many, many more times than that (I mean I've even driven down there 5x for shows from up in North Jersey)

The banner specifically said "South Philly" sellouts to only really encompass Spectrum ('03, '09 x 4) and Wells Fargo ('05, '13 x 2, '16 x 2). Leaves out Dobbs and Camden ('98 x 2, '00 x 2, '03 x 2, '08 x 2).
    Billy Joel and Springsteen both have banners with 30 something and 50 something shows. Grateful Dead had a banner at the Spectrum, but their crew stole it at their last show there in '09
    TFC '97, TFC '98, Pittsburgh '98, Camden I,II '98, Camden I,II '00, Pittsburgh '00, Philly '03, Camden I,II '03, MSG I,II '03, Hershey '03, Reading '04, Philly '05, Camden I,II '06, Meadowlands I '06, Camden I,II '08, DC '08, Spectrum I,II,III,IV '09, Made in America '12, Philly I,II '13, GCF '15, Philly I,II '16, MSG I '16, Apollo ‘22, MSG ‘22, Camden ‘22
  • Options
    duffmannduffmann PHILLY Posts: 475
    kosteva2 said:

merlin401 said:

You forgot the Trocadero.....92
    Philly PA 91, Philly 92, Camden 98, Camden 2X 00, State College, Philly, Camden 2X & Hershey 03, Reading 04, AC 2X & Philly 05, Camden 2X 06, Camden 2X 08, Philly 4X 09, Philly 2X & Balt 13, Natti & Moline 14, FTL & MIA, Philly 2X, MSG 2X, Fenway 2X 16, Seattle 2X, Missoula, Wrigley 2X, Fenway 2X 18                               ******COVID******
    San Diego & LA  2X, PHX, MSG, Camden, Nashville, 50th SHOW STL 22, CHI(n2), INDY, FTW(n2), Austin 2X 23......
  • Options
    MS142392MS142392 Posts: 37
    Although I don't have quite as much show-going experience as many of the prior posters in this thread, having first seen Pearl Jam at what may have been the height of their popularity (March of 1994) plus 7 other times I cannot even think of how this show could have been any better. Not just playing TEN in its entirety to start the show (which I suspected as soon as Even Flow started due to the "10 Sellouts" banner), but how "on" everybody was and how good and fresh old standbys like RVM, Given to Fly, Leash and Corduroy sounded. Also, All or None was so much better than the album version and -- having seen Pink Floyd twice -- Comfortably Numb was incredible too.

These guys treat Philly so well (and the love is mutual), it's like winning the lottery whenever they play here.

Thanks, Ten Club, for the 3rd row seats in section 102!
    3/20/94--Ann Arbor, MI
    6/14/98--Washington, DC
    8/7/00--Atlanta, GA
    4/28/03--Philadelphia, PA
    10/3/05--Philadelphia, PA
    6/19/08--Camden, NJ
    10/31/09--Philadelphia, PA (viva la Spectrum)
    10/21/13--Philadelphia, PA
    4/29/16--Philadelphia, PA (a/k/a The Night They Played TEN)
    9/14/22–Camden, NJ
  • Options
    Johnny AbruzzoJohnny Abruzzo Philly Posts: 10,393
    kosteva2 said:

Grateful Dead had a banner at the Spectrum, but their crew stole it at their last show there in '09

lol - I was wondering why they didn't have one.

I still can't believe that happened - definitely a historical Pearl Jam show. I would've taken my own picture of the banner but I was right under it and that would've been a lousy shot. Hopefully trying to add points to their banner preempts ever playing in Camden again!
    Spectrum 10/27/09; New Orleans JazzFest 5/1/10; Made in America 9/2/12; WF Center 10/21/13;
    WF Center 10/22/13; Baltimore Arena 10/27/13; WF Center 4/28/16; WF Center 4/29/16;
    Fenway Park 8/7/16; Fenway Park 9/2/18; SeaHearNow Asbury Park 9/18/21; Camden 9/14/22

Tres Mtns - TLA 3/23/11; EV - Tower Theatre 6/25/11; Temple of the Dog - Tower Theatre 11/5/16
  • Options
    hatnhamhatnham Oak Ridge, NJ Posts: 35
    edited April 2016
    They are setting the bar pretty high for MSG, can't wait for tomorrow!!!
    Post edited by hatnham on
    4/17/94, 9/29/96, 9/10/98, 8/7/00, 8/24/00, 4/30/03, 7/8/03, 7/9/03, 10/1/04, 5/12/06, 6/1/06, 6/3/06, 6/12/08, 6/27/08, Ed solo 8/5/08, 10/27/09,5/18/10,10/22/13,5/1/16
  • Options
    JUSTineBreatheJUSTineBreathe Dirty Jerz Posts: 1
    I still haven't slept. Holy shit. Best show of my life. Sec 108 Row 26. The usher in our section was dancing his ass off. Epic!
  • Options
    duffmannduffmann PHILLY Posts: 475
    JC29856 said:

JC29856 said:

Much thanks!

Wow, those guys don't mess. My phone died so I couldn't call anyone, not that anyone would answer at 4am anyway. They pointed me to the pay phone, I thought pay phones went extinct in 2004.
    You got off easy, had it of been Saturday night or Sunday, you ass would STILL be in that shithole till the "judge" decides to come into work on Monday! Not that I would know :anguished:
    Philly PA 91, Philly 92, Camden 98, Camden 2X 00, State College, Philly, Camden 2X & Hershey 03, Reading 04, AC 2X & Philly 05, Camden 2X 06, Camden 2X 08, Philly 4X 09, Philly 2X & Balt 13, Natti & Moline 14, FTL & MIA, Philly 2X, MSG 2X, Fenway 2X 16, Seattle 2X, Missoula, Wrigley 2X, Fenway 2X 18                               ******COVID******
    San Diego & LA  2X, PHX, MSG, Camden, Nashville, 50th SHOW STL 22, CHI(n2), INDY, FTW(n2), Austin 2X 23......
  • Options
    rustneversleepsrustneversleeps The Motel of Lost Companions Posts: 2,209
    PJNB said:

I think people who say they wouldn't want to hear Ten front to back are full of shit.

That was my 16th show, and easily in my top three, probably top two shows. Hartford '13 is tough to top.

I'm glad we got Just Breathe. It's my wife's favorite, and we haven't heard it since her first show, Hartford '10.

full of shit or brain dead. take your pick...
    While this show would have been a dream for me it still may not be everyones cup of tea. Why care what the minority think and find the need to insult them?
    I don't care. why do you care? are you the White Knight?
  • Options
    Who I AmWho I Am Posts: 645
    Couple tidbits from last night from GA:

Standing pre-show next to a centennial show guy and told him I was pissed I missed my white whale last night in Oceans and he replied, "well you're not getting it tonight"...fast forward first few chords of Once. I turned and asked, "what was that you said again?" :triumph:

I think Ed missed announcing Jeff again. To which point Jeff went to back of stage bewildered and Stone kept looking at him and laughing. Did anyone else catch that or did I just imagine that in my drunkin' stuper?
    02MAY2003 - State College, PA
    08JUL2003 - New York, NY (L@TG)
    14JUL2003 - Holmdel, NJ
    01OCT2004 - Reading, PA
    01OCT2005 - Atlantic City, NJ
    03OCT2005 - Philadelphia, PA
    27MAY2006 - Camden, NJ
    01JUN2006 - East Rutherford, NJ
    03JUN2006 - East Rutherford, NJ
    30SEP2009 - Universal City, CA
    09OCT2009 - San Diego, CA
    06JUL2011 - Long Beach, CA (EV)
    19JUL2013 - Wrigley Field, IL
    21OCT2013 - Philadelphia, PA
    22OCT2013 - Philadelphia, PA
    27OCT2013 - Baltimore, MD
    29APR2016 - Philadelphia, PA (TEN)
    05AUG2016 - Fenway Park, MA
    07AUG2016 - Fenway Park, MA
    27AUG2016 - Dana Point, CA (Ohana)
    18AUG2018 - Wrigley Field, IL
    20AUG2018 - Wrigley Field, IL
    18SEP2021 - Asbury Park, NJ
    14SEP2022 - Camden, NJ

• Options
    xavier mcdanielxavier mcdaniel Somewhere in NYC Posts: 9,070
    Something about Friday shows in Philadelphia. See spectrum 3. This was epic. I knew what was going down when evenflow was number two on the set
    Reading 2004
    Albany 2006 Camden 2006 E. Rutherford 2, 2006 Inglewood 2006,
    Chicago 2007
    Camden 2008 MSG 2008 MSG 2008 Hartford 2008.
    Seattle 2009 Seattle 2009 Philadelphia 2009,Philadelphia 2009 Philadelphia 2009
    Hartford 2010 MSG 2010 MSG 2010
    Toronto 2011,Toronto 2011
    Wrigley Field 2013 Brooklyn 2013 Brooklyn 2013 Philadelphia 2, 2013
    Philadelphia 1, 2016 Philadelphia 2 2016 New York 2016 New York 2016 Fenway 1, 2016
    Fenway 2, 2018
    MSG 2022
    St. Paul, 1, St. Paul 2 2023
    "I play good, hard-nosed basketball.
    Things happen in the game. Nothing you
    can do. I don't go and say,
    "I'm gonna beat this guy up."