Options

Fenway Paaaaaahhhk

Comments

• Options
    ikiTikiT USA Posts: 11,007
    edited June 2016
    Personally, I'm doing this for show 2...

Post edited by ikiT on
    Bristow 05132010 to Amsterdam 2 06132018
  • Options
    Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,603
    edited February 2016

I aint saying it's so, but I can guarantee I'll see one these on Yawkey Way

I prefer this

Hopefully you know the Yeah, jeets story.
  • Options
    on2legson2legs Standing in the Jersey rain… Posts: 14,433
    At least you got your money back.
    1996: Randall's Island 2  1998: East Rutherford | MSG 1 & 2  2000: Cincinnati | Columbus | Jones Beach 1, 2, & 3 | Boston 1 | Camden 1 & 2 2003: Philadelphia | Uniondale | MSG 1 & 2 | Holmdel  2005: Atlantic City 1  2006: Camden 1 | East Rutherford 1 & 2 2008: Camden 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Newark (EV)  2009: Philadelphia 1, 2 & 4  2010: Newark | MSG 1 & 2  2011: Toronto 1  2013: Wrigley Field | Brooklyn 2 | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore  2015: Central Park  2016: Philadelphia 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Fenway Park 2 | MSG (TOTD)  2017: Brooklyn (RnR HOF)  2020: MSG | Asbury Park  2021: Asbury Park  2022: MSG | Camden | Nashville  2024: MSG 1 & 2 (#50) | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore

• Options
    RoleModelsinBlood31RoleModelsinBlood31 Austin TX Posts: 6,148

so much classier...

Couldn't help but lol at that one- finally a shirt from the Yankees to rival all the gahbage from Fenway. I used to be that guy at Fenway with a Jeter jersey on. Loved getting hot dogs thrown at me when we swept the series, even though I never even said a word or cheered. Awesome fans in that ballpaaahk.
    I'm like an opening band for your mom.
  • Options
    JimmyVJimmyV Boston's MetroWest Posts: 18,921

so much classier...

Couldn't help but lol at that one- finally a shirt from the Yankees to rival all the gahbage from Fenway. I used to be that guy at Fenway with a Jeter jersey on. Loved getting hot dogs thrown at me when we swept the series, even though I never even said a word or cheered. Awesome fans in that ballpaaahk.
    You never cheered? Why were you there?

"...I changed by not changing at all..."
  • Options
    JimmyV said:

so much classier...

To watch the game! What I meant was I never did any taunting or any of that shit that goes on at both stadiums between rival fans. I just kept my mouth shut!
  • Options

JimmyV said:

so much classier...

To watch the game! What I meant was I never did any taunting or any of that shit that goes on at both stadiums between rival fans. I just kept my mouth shut!
    Ah, I see. The smart play no doubt. I have seen plenty of meatheads in both teams' colors do stupid things over the years.

• Options
    JimmyV said:

JimmyV said:

so much classier...

Ah, I see. The smart play no doubt. I have seen plenty of meatheads in both teams' colors do stupid things over the years.
    Lol yeah for sure- I didn't want to get my ass beat, just wanted to enjoy the game! But I wasn't being sarcastic, I used to love the fans there- good people.

Miss that place now, we don't have shit down here in Austin for pro sports!
  • Options
    1STmammal2wearPants1STmammal2wearPants Worcester, MA Posts: 2,837
    Yeah I've had some great times at the old Yankee Stadium seeing games with my friends who live in the city (and are obviously Yankees fans). My friends have gotten people to yell chants at me in the stands...and some dude yelled out "Go back to Boston you f*ggot!" the last time I was there lol. Needless to say, some classy folks there, too.
    2003 Mansfield III 
    2004 Boston I 
    2006 Boston I 
    2008 Bonnaroo, Hartford, Mansfield I 
    2010 Hartford 
    2013 Worcester I, Worcester II, Hartford 
    2016 Bonnaroo, Boston I, Boston II 
    2018 Boston I, Boston II 
    2021 Sea.Hear.Now
    2022 Camden
    2024 Boston I, Boston II
  • Options
    dankinddankind I am not your foot. Posts: 20,827
    I've never seen any Yankee fans taken out of the bleachers on a stretcher at Fenway Park. Wish I could say the same for Red Sox fans at Yankee Stadium. I've seen that shit go down twice--one of the times the poor guy was still being taunted while his wife/girlfriend was beside herself with rage and sorrow.

I paid for the pricier seats at Yankee Stadium after that.
    I SAW PEARL JAM
  • Options
    on2legson2legs Standing in the Jersey rain… Posts: 14,433
    dankind said:

I've never seen any Yankee fans taken out of the bleachers on a stretcher at Fenway Park. Wish I could say the same for Red Sox fans at Yankee Stadium. I've seen that shit go down twice--one of the times the poor guy was still being taunted while his wife/girlfriend was beside herself with rage and sorrow.

I paid for the pricier seats at Yankee Stadium after that.

Pathetic. I wish I knew what makes people think they can act like idiots just because they're at a sporting event.
    1996: Randall's Island 2  1998: East Rutherford | MSG 1 & 2  2000: Cincinnati | Columbus | Jones Beach 1, 2, & 3 | Boston 1 | Camden 1 & 2 2003: Philadelphia | Uniondale | MSG 1 & 2 | Holmdel  2005: Atlantic City 1  2006: Camden 1 | East Rutherford 1 & 2 2008: Camden 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Newark (EV)  2009: Philadelphia 1, 2 & 4  2010: Newark | MSG 1 & 2  2011: Toronto 1  2013: Wrigley Field | Brooklyn 2 | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore  2015: Central Park  2016: Philadelphia 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Fenway Park 2 | MSG (TOTD)  2017: Brooklyn (RnR HOF)  2020: MSG | Asbury Park  2021: Asbury Park  2022: MSG | Camden | Nashville  2024: MSG 1 & 2 (#50) | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore

• Options
    nice ink

• Options
    Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,603
  • Options
    Such a waste of good pizza.

• Options
    pjalive21pjalive21 St. Louis, MO Posts: 2,818
    edited February 2016
    my2hands said:

I love when people talk about championships won 50 years before they were born

If you weren't alive for the parade the shit doesn't count

my2hands said:

I love when people talk about championships won 50 years before they were born

If you weren't alive for the parade the shit doesn't count

If that's the case Cardinals rule!!!!!! :)

I will admit I went to a Sox-Yankees game when I lived up in New Hampshire for 2 years and sat in the bleachers (350 bucks later) and man was the crowd ruthless to Sheffield in the outfield haha
    Post edited by pjalive21 on
  • Options
    JimmyV said:

We both know that pizza is awful.

The Don and Jerry bit for that incident is another classic, though.
    I SAW PEARL JAM
  • Options
    dankind said:

JimmyV said:

Pizza has to be worse than that for me to consider throwing it.

• Options
    PoncierPoncier Posts: 16,227
    JimmyV said:

dankind said:

JimmyV said:

Yeah, Fenway pizza isn't great but its not toss-worthy.
    Pizza Planet at Hollywood Studios at Disney World, now there's pizza that deserves to be thrown.
    This weekend we rock Portland
  • Options
    Poncier said:

JimmyV said:

dankind said:

JimmyV said:

Yeah, Fenway pizza isn't great but its not toss-worthy.
    Pizza Planet at Hollywood Studios at Disney World, now there's pizza that deserves to be thrown.
    I've tossed nearly every slice I've tried since moving back from Brooklyn. Other than Santarpio's and the O.G. Regina, Boston does not do pizza well, IMO.

Actually, I had a slice at some spot close to Coolidge Corner that wasn't too bad.

It's weird, I used to live off Crazy Doughs when I lived in the Fenway, but now I can't stand it.
    I SAW PEARL JAM
  • Options
    cutzcutz Posts: 11,430

on2legs said:

JimmyV said:

Pearl Jam shows in Dustin Pedroia's home venue: 2
    Pearl Jam shows in Derek Jeter's home venue: 0

I'll buy you a beer before the concert if you can show me the exact spot where Bucky Dent's homer left the "venue."
    Haha! Right up over the monstah! Bucky Dent doesn't bother us anymore. Bill Buckner doesn't bother us anymore. That shit is long gone.
    That is true now.

But, if you want to get technical, Reggie Jackson's HR in the 8th was the difference, if i remember? Wasn't the final 5-4?
  • Options
    lolobugglolobugg BLUE RDGE MTNS Posts: 8,190
    I saw a bootleg shirt outside of Wrigley that read "Green Bay fudgePackers"

livefootsteps.org/user/?usr=446

1995- New Orleans, LA  : New Orleans, LA

1996- Charleston, SC

1998- Atlanta, GA: Birmingham, AL: Greenville, SC: Knoxville, TN

2000- Atlanta, GA: New Orleans, LA: Memphis, TN: Nashville, TN

2003- Raleigh, NC: Charlotte, NC: Atlanta, GA

2004- Asheville, NC (hometown show)

2006- Cincinnati, OH

2008- Columbia, SC

2009- Chicago, IL x 2 / Ed Vedder- Atlanta, GA x 2

2010- Bristow, VA

2011- Alpine Valley, WI (PJ20) x 2 / Ed Vedder- Chicago, IL

2012- Atlanta, GA

2013- Charlotte, NC

2014- Cincinnati, OH

2015- New York, NY

2016- Greenville, SC: Hampton, VA:: Columbia, SC: Raleigh, NC : Lexington, KY: Philly, PA 2: (Wrigley) Chicago, IL x 2 (holy shit): Temple of the Dog- Philly, PA

2017- ED VED- Louisville, KY

2018- Chicago, IL x2, Boston, MA x2

2020- Nashville, TN 

2022- Smashville 

2023- Austin, TX x2

2024- Baltimore

• Options
    Tix for Tiki?
    I SAW PEARL JAM
  • Options
    edited February 2016
    not yet, I scoped out stubhub this morning , pricy.
    my charge dropped off for livenation yesterday...
    Post edited by ikiT on
  • Options
    1STmammal2wearPants1STmammal2wearPants Worcester, MA Posts: 2,837
    dankind said:

JimmyV said:

It was. I was always a bigger Sean McDonough fan because I felt he told it like it is, but really grew to like Don a lot over the years -- pretty asinine (but typical) of the Sox ownership to find fault with Don and not get an institution like him resigned. Like -- focus on fixing the damn product on the field, first.
    2003 Mansfield III 
    2004 Boston I 
    2006 Boston I 
    2008 Bonnaroo, Hartford, Mansfield I 
    2010 Hartford 
    2013 Worcester I, Worcester II, Hartford 
    2016 Bonnaroo, Boston I, Boston II 
    2018 Boston I, Boston II 
    2021 Sea.Hear.Now
    2022 Camden
    2024 Boston I, Boston II
  • Options

dankind said:

JimmyV said:

It was. I was always a bigger Sean McDonough fan because I felt he told it like it is, but really grew to like Don a lot over the years -- pretty asinine (but typical) of the Sox ownership to find fault with Don and not get an institution like him resigned. Like -- focus on fixing the damn product on the field, first.
    Never had strong feelings about Orsillo either way but I do think he got a raw deal from NESN and the team. Remy on the other hand is awful. Cannot stand listening to him.

• Options
    JimmyV said:

dankind said:

JimmyV said:

Never had strong feelings about Orsillo either way but I do think he got a raw deal from NESN and the team. Remy on the other hand is awful. Cannot stand listening to him.
    Remy lost his fastball years ago, but he did pick up during a game that ERod was tipping his pitches last year, which was impressive. I thought Orsillo did a great job. I hate the Sox management. I'm glad he ended up in San Diego...
    9\28\04 - Boston 5\25\06 - Boston 6\28\08 - Mansfield 8\27\09 - Chicago 5\15\10 - Hartford EV - In Providence on the night the Bruins won the Cup! 7\19\13 - Chicago 10\25\13 - Hartford 4\28\16 - Philly 4\29\16 - Philly 8\5\16 - Fenway 8\7\16 - Fenway
  • Options
    JC29856JC29856 Posts: 9,617
    Orsillo was hilarious not to mention great broadcaster. I'll miss them two.
    Anyone know why they ran Orsillo out of town?
  • Options
    JC29856 said:

Orsillo was hilarious not to mention great broadcaster. I'll miss them two.
    Anyone know why they ran Orsillo out of town?

They don't want to admit the reason for lower viewership was the AAA pitching staff they put on the field, so they blamed it on Orsillo.
    9\28\04 - Boston 5\25\06 - Boston 6\28\08 - Mansfield 8\27\09 - Chicago 5\15\10 - Hartford EV - In Providence on the night the Bruins won the Cup! 7\19\13 - Chicago 10\25\13 - Hartford 4\28\16 - Philly 4\29\16 - Philly 8\5\16 - Fenway 8\7\16 - Fenway
  • Options
    edited February 2016
    could sweeten the pot a bit.
    in addition to $ for face val pair together 10 club tix for nite one, I can include a nice set of 4 2004 world series/AL champs shot glasses by Hunter Collectibles. My shot taking days are pretty much over.