Options

Canadian Politics Redux

Comments

• Options
    PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,542
    edited June 2018

New health plan to provide primary care to B.C. residents without a family doctor

https://bc.ctvnews.ca/new-health-plan-to-provide-primary-care-to-b-c-residents-without-a-family-doctor-1.3943969

I assume this this is the plan.  When McGuinty was the liberal premier in Ontario a similar plan was introduce....in Ontario they were called family practice clinics...

i hope BC has more success than Ontario ... in Ontario many of those clinics are closed practices with reduced hours.

The real solution is more medical schools.  The best thing the liberals did for my area was allow a medical school to open at our university.  In my area we have no dr shortages, no lack of walk-in-clinics ... and for the most part this is attributed to the med school.

Provincial Liberals fucking SUCK. I have way more faith in BC's NDPers right now. Horgan is doing a good job so far - he's an actual logical, working class person who has regular people's best interests in mind, and is actually getting shit done. He's also willing to adjust when needed. So far I think he's the best premier BC has ever had. We will see how this plan goes, but right now I have no reason not to feel positive about it. I mean, I'm realistic - the BC Libs fucked things up BAD for many years, and it's not going to be easy to clean up after them... But they're doing their best IMO.
    Post edited by PJ_Soul on
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    Meltdown99Meltdown99 None Of Your Business... Posts: 10,739
    PJ_Soul said:

New health plan to provide primary care to B.C. residents without a family doctor

https://bc.ctvnews.ca/new-health-plan-to-provide-primary-care-to-b-c-residents-without-a-family-doctor-1.3943969

I assume this this is the plan.  When McGuinty was the liberal premier in Ontario a similar plan was introduce....in Ontario they were called family practice clinics...

i hope BC has more success than Ontario ... in Ontario many of those clinics are closed practices with reduced hours.

The real solution is more medical schools.  The best thing the liberals did for my area was allow a medical school to open at our university.  In my area we have no dr shortages, no lack of walk-in-clinics ... and for the most part this is attributed to the med school.

Provincial Liberals fucking SUCK. I have way more faith in BC's NDPers right now. Horgan is doing a good job so far - he's an actual logical, working class person who has regular people's best interests in mind, and is actually getting shit done. He's also willing to adjust when needed. So far I think he's the best premier BC has ever had. We will see how this plan goes, but right now I have no reason not to feel positive about it. I mean, I'm realistic - the BC Libs fucked things up BAD for many years, and it's not going to be easy to clean up after them... But they're doing their best IMO.
    The family practice were working when proper funding was there.  Find me a premier that clears the ER wait times...the whole country should adopt it.  What frustrates me about our health care system is the hospitals don’t step up and direct some of these people in the ER.  Too many people  are going to the er for non emergency illness.

Give Peas A Chance…
  • Options
    edited June 2018
    PJ_Soul said:

The family practice were working when proper funding was there.  Find me a premier that clears the ER wait times...the whole country should adopt it.  What frustrates me about our health care system is the hospitals don’t step up and direct some of these people in the ER.  Too many people  are going to the er for non emergency illness.

I don't expect ER wait times to disappear altogether - that's not realistic IMO. But yeah, if anyone makes them much less significant, then that's a damn good plan (but FWIW, I have always only had wonderful experiences in hospitals/ERs. Yes, I've waited, but not for any length of time that made me unhappy; the longest I ever waited in an ER was maybe a couple hours).
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    PJ_Soul said:
    PJ_Soul said:

I don't expect ER wait times to disappear altogether - that's not realistic IMO. But yeah, if anyone makes them much less significant, then that's a damn good plan (but FWIW, I have always only had wonderful experiences in hospitals/ERs. Yes, I've waited, but not for any length of time that made me unhappy; the longest I ever waited in an ER was maybe a couple hours).

LILLEY: NDP leader a fan of chichi shops

http://torontosun.com/opinion/columnists/lilley-ndp-leader-a-fan-of-chichi-shops

the Ontario NDP you would not like.  They got some real loons running in election.  

And people who spend 40 grand on clothes do not represent the working class.  But I do realize politics are different in every province.  As long as the residents of BC are happy.

i do not expect 0 ER wait time.  8-10 hours is excessive and tying up ambulances for hours waiting to unload is ridiculous.  All of this is the result of inefficiencies in the system... 
    Give Peas A Chance…
  • Options
    Fro the article about the dipper wardrobe expenses...

“Like other political leaders, she is provided with party funds — not public dollars — to purchase professional attire,”

They recieve tax dollars ... lying corrupt Ontario NDP.  For every vote they get, they get public money...

Give Peas A Chance…
  • Options
    edited June 2018
    Yeah, that sucks that Ontario's parties all seem like clusterfucks. Out here, we really don't have a functional conservative party - the BC Libs fill that role with gusto, and dug us into a giant hole. Our NDP party has had some issues way back when in the 90s (did some good stuff too, like froze tuition and funded education properly), but the current BC NDP are killing it. Most people are pretty pleased with them for the most part (so far, and despite that some don't like how they've dealt with the pipeline thing, although many others love how they're handling that too). It's quite a breath of fresh air after 16 years of a party full of huge pieces of shit.

The BC government is also enacting a plan that they expect to reduce wait times for hip and knee replacements by 40 - 70% over the next few years. So we'll see how that goes. Obviously the concern lies in figuring out how to staff the operating rooms for way more surgeries, particularly when it comes to nurses.... Yep, that's mostly about funding and training, although the cost of living in metro Vancouver is always another road block - hard to retain medical staff when doctors and nurses can't earn enough to maintain the lifestyle that any doctor or nurse should comfortably expect, just because it's too expensive to live here. And the affordability crisis (also handed to us by 16 years of the BC Libs) is probably impossible to reverse now, barring a full blown financial collapse and depression.
  • Options
    PJ_Soul said:
    Yeah, that sucks that Ontario's parties all seem like clusterfucks. Out here, we really don't have a functional conservative party - the BC Libs fill that role with gusto, and dug us into a giant hole. Our NDP party has had some issues way back when in the 90s (did some good stuff too, like froze tuition and funded education properly), but the current BC NDP are killing it. Most people are pretty pleased with them for the most part (so far, and despite that some don't like how they've dealt with the pipeline thing, although many others love how they're handling that too). It's quite a breath of fresh air after 16 years of a party full of huge pieces of shit.

The BC government is also enacting a plan that they expect to reduce wait times for hip and knee replacements by 40 - 70% over the next few years. So we'll see how that goes. Obviously the concern lies in figuring out how to staff the operating rooms for way more surgeries, particularly when it comes to nurses.... Yep, that's mostly about funding and training, although the cost of living in metro Vancouver is always another road block - hard to retain medical staff when doctors and nurses can't earn enough to maintain the lifestyle that any doctor or nurse should comfortably expect, just because it's too expensive to live here. And the affordability crisis (also handed to us by 16 years of the BC Libs) is probably impossible to reverse now, barring a full blown financial collapse and depression.
    I find it amusing that the BC liberals made life more unaffordable for average folks.  The Ontario liberals have done the same here...both were in power for 15 years...LOL. I'm lucky in the sense that I own my home now (technically the bank lets me live here)...I feel sorry for the younger people behind me...many of the young will be mortgage poor or locked out of home buying...and rent in my area for a 1 bedroom is close to a 1000/month if you want to live in a nice area.  I do realize compared to Vancouver or Toronto that's reasonable...but for the area it is getting pricy...
    Give Peas A Chance…
  • Options
    While we are on the topic of health care ... the NDP if elected wants to make Ontario a sanctuary province ... they are nutty.

the globe just released an article stating Doug Ford will be premier with a majority...
    Give Peas A Chance…
  • Options
    edited June 2018
    Well, Ontario will make a HUGE mistake if they elect Ford. I still can hardly believe that many people in ON will be that careless. I feel like they are grossly underestimating the importance and terrible potential of the negatives (which they tend to acknowledge). I really hate that populism has crept its way into Canadian politics at this level I would have thought Rob Ford would have served as a lasting lesson, but obviously too many people NEVER learn. And they keep getting reminded with all these little campaign scandals that keep cropping up with the Conservative candidates in various ridings, but nobody seems to care much, or are at least trying to blow it off and "well, it's not Doug Ford himself". Disturbing.
    That said, I don't trust provincial election polls AT ALL. In BC they have only been wildly inaccurate for years - they have failed miserably at predicting who will win. I have learned to simply not listen to them at all - not even a little - and just wait until all the ballots have been counted.
  • Options
    PJ_Soul said:
    Well, Ontario will make a HUGE mistake if they elect Ford. I still can hardly believe that many people in ON will be that careless. I feel like they are grossly underestimating the importance and terrible potential of the negatives (which they tend to acknowledge). I really hate that populism has crept its way into Canadian politics at this level I would have thought Rob Ford would have served as a lasting lesson, but obviously too many people NEVER learn. And they keep getting reminded with all these little campaign scandals that keep cropping up with the Conservative candidates in various ridings, but nobody seems to care much, or are at least trying to blow it off and "well, it's not Doug Ford himself". Disturbing.
    That said, I don't trust provincial election polls AT ALL. In BC they have only been wildly inaccurate for years - they have failed miserably at predicting who will win. I have learned to simply not listen to them at all - not even a little - and just wait until all the ballots have been counted.
    The NDP have their fare-share of controversial candidates as well...come to think of it all of the 3 major parties have candidates that are controversial.  I don't fear a  premier Ford.  I fear 4 more years go NDP/LIberal policy of making Ontario less affordable, and lining the pockets of an already bloated public sector in Ontario.  But in the end neither are great candidates and I am a Christine Elliot supporter and she should have been elected conservative leader...she would have been a good premier and if she was leading the conservative this election would even be close.  It still may not be close.  I often wonder if people are answering pollsters honestly ... I'm sure a lot of people will vote Ford but never admit it.

Some things of Ford campaign promises I like
    -lower gas tax .10
    -eliminate income tax on people earning less than $30 000
    -lower middle class income tax
    -lowering the small business tax
    -freezing minimum wage at $14/hour instead of going to $15/hour in January
    -eliminate the carbon tax (fight Trudeau in court along side Alberta and Sask.
    -more health care (everybody promises that)
    -more cash for mental health 
    -probably the big 2 promises I like is allowing beer and wine in more stores
    -allowing entrepreneurs to get Cannabis licence to operate their own retail stores.

Give Peas A Chance…
  • Options
    PJ_Soul said:
    The NDP have their fare-share of controversial candidates as well...come to think of it all of the 3 major parties have candidates that are controversial.  I don't fear a  premier Ford.  I fear 4 more years go NDP/LIberal policy of making Ontario less affordable, and lining the pockets of an already bloated public sector in Ontario.  But in the end neither are great candidates and I am a Christine Elliot supporter and she should have been elected conservative leader...she would have been a good premier and if she was leading the conservative this election would even be close.  It still may not be close.  I often wonder if people are answering pollsters honestly ... I'm sure a lot of people will vote Ford but never admit it.

-lower gas tax .10
    -allowing entrepreneurs to get Cannabis licence to operate their own retail stores.

If he's cutting all the taxes so much, where is the money for more health care and mental health care going to come from?

God knows Ontario's plan for legalization is horrible though. To allow private business into the industry is a no-brainer; I can't even figure out wtf the ON Libs were thinking there. Morons.
  • Options
    HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,833
    PJ_Soul said:
    PJ_Soul said:

-lower gas tax .10

If he's cutting all the taxes so much, where is the money for more health care and mental health care going to come from?

God knows Ontario's plan for legalization is horrible though. To allow private business into the industry is a no-brainer; I can't even figure out wtf the ON Libs were thinking there. Morons.
    this is what I've always found funny about NDP politicians. "we're going to slash taxes and increase spending!". and people buy it hook line and sinker every time. until they destroy their province's financials and get booted out of office and everyone's left shrugging their shoulders "how did this happen?". 
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    edited June 2018
    PJ_Soul said:
    PJ_Soul said:

-lower gas tax .10

this is what I've always found funny about NDP politicians. "we're going to slash taxes and increase spending!". and people buy it hook line and sinker every time. until they destroy their province's financials and get booted out of office and everyone's left shrugging their shoulders "how did this happen?". 
    What do you mean? NDPers don't promise to slash taxes. Or at least they don't in BC. They are pretty socialist - the NDP tends to raise taxes so that they can support more social programs, not lower them. If anyone in that party does the opposite, like you're saying, then that's a pretty odd departure from their general platform, no? What you're saying is what Liberals do, not the NDP.
  • Options
    dignindignin Posts: 9,303
    PJ_Soul said:
    PJ_Soul said:

-lower gas tax .10

I've corrected you on this before. You are perpetuating a myth.
  • Options
    edited June 2018
    PJ_Soul said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    PJ_Soul said:

-lower gas tax .10

What do you mean? NDPers don't promise to slash taxes. Or at least they don't in BC. They are pretty socialist - the NDP tends to raise taxes, not lower them. If anyone in that party does the opposite, then that's a pretty odd departure from their general policies, no?
    not in manitoba. Gary Doer. Greg Selinger. Both ran on promises to lower/maintain taxes and increase services/spending. Doer was way more successful than Selinger. Selinger was a disaster. 
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    edited June 2018
    PJ_Soul said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    PJ_Soul said:

-lower gas tax .10

What do you mean? NDPers don't promise to slash taxes. Or at least they don't in BC. They are pretty socialist - the NDP tends to raise taxes, not lower them. If anyone in that party does the opposite, then that's a pretty odd departure from their general policies, no?
    not in manitoba. Gary Doer. Greg Selinger. Both ran on promises to lower/maintain taxes and increase services/spending. Doer was way more successful than Selinger. Selinger was a disaster. 
    Well, sounds like an anomaly. I hope you don't let that sour you against the NDP in general, if that's what's doing it. That isn't how the NDP" normally operates. Who in the hell would fall for that anyway?.... Oh yeah. Doug Ford supporters, apparently!
  • Options
    PJ_Soul said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    PJ_Soul said:

-lower gas tax .10

Well, sounds like an anomaly. I hope you don't let that sour you against the NDP in general, if that's what's doing it. That isn't how the NDP" normally operates. Who in the hell would fall for that anyway?.... Oh yeah. Doug Ford supporters, apparently!
    I don't generally sour on any given party. I sour on candidates/leaders. I soured on our provincial NDP because of Selinger. he's gone, so we'll see what Wab Kinew says he will do and what Pallister is doing. 

when the fucker isn't in costa rica not answering his phone. 
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    PJ_Soul said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    PJ_Soul said:

-lower gas tax .10

I don't generally sour on any given party. I sour on candidates/leaders. I soured on our provincial NDP because of Selinger. he's gone, so we'll see what Wab Kinew says he will do and what Pallister is doing. 

when the fucker isn't in costa rica not answering his phone. 
    People soured on the BC NDP back in the 90s because of a fast ferry boondoggle and a kickback scandal ... Took them 16 years of profound corruption and policies (or lack thereof) that lead to a disastrous and likely irreversible housing crisis for them to (barely) get over it.
  • Options
    PJ_Soul said:
    PJ_Soul said:

-lower gas tax .10

You are kidding right?  We pay far to much tax in this country... and he can start by trimming the bloated public sector...
    Give Peas A Chance…
  • Options
    edited June 2018
    PJ_Soul said:
    PJ_Soul said:

-lower gas tax .10

You are kidding right?  We pay far to much tax in this country... and he can start by trimming the bloated public sector...
    I'm fine with how much I pay in taxes.
    Also, I work in the public sector, lol. And no, it's not bloated IMO - I don't think the public sector can afford to lose any funding at all .... Of course there is always room for more efficiencies, public sector or any other sector, but that doesn't mean they need less money. They just need to redistribute it in certain areas. Sorry, I'm definitely not picking up what you're putting down there!
  • Options
    edited June 2018

Rob Ford’s widow sues Doug Ford, alleging he has deprived her and her children of millions

https://www.thestar.com/news/canada/2018/06/04/rob-fords-widow-sues-doug-ford-alleging-he-has-deprived-them-of-millions.html

Oh, really?? More drama and shadiness in the Ford family?! Who could have seen that coming???
    Yeah, what a good choice for running Ontario! A guy who can't even honestly deal with his own family's money!
  • Options
    PJ_Soul said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    PJ_Soul said:

-lower gas tax .10

I'm fine with how much I pay in taxes.
    Also, I work in the public sector, lol. And no, it's not bloated IMO - I don't think the public sector can afford to lose any funding at all .... Of course there is always room for more efficiencies, public sector or any other sector, but that doesn't mean they need less money. They just need to redistribute it in certain areas. Sorry, I'm definitely not picking up what you're putting down there!
    I know you are fine paying the ridiculous taxes in the country ... Canadians pay nearly half their income to one tax or another and the liberal left like Trudeau can only tax a spend...
    Give Peas A Chance…
  • Options
    Proportional representation is only great for unelectable 'professors,' Jean Chretien says

http://nationalpost.com/news/politics/proportional-representation-is-great-for-unelectable-apparatchiks-jean-chretien-says

Give Peas A Chance…
  • Options

PJ_Soul said:

Rob Ford’s widow sues Doug Ford, alleging he has deprived her and her children of millions

https://www.thestar.com/news/canada/2018/06/04/rob-fords-widow-sues-doug-ford-alleging-he-has-deprived-them-of-millions.html

Oh, really?? More drama and shadiness in the Ford family?! Who could have seen that coming???
    Yeah, what a good choice for running Ontario! A guy who can't even honestly deal with his own family's money!
    Family estates often times en up in court ... and these are just allegations yet to be proven.

Give Peas A Chance…
  • Options
    Everyone knows Doug Fords not a great candidate ... the other 2 are far worse...
    Give Peas A Chance…
  • Options
    Everyone knows Doug Fords not a great candidate ... the other 2 are far worse...
    Where have we heard something like this before?
    "My brain's a good brain!"
  • Options
    Where have we heard something like this before?
    LOL ... at least Doug Ford will be able to put together a competent cabinet ... 
    Give Peas A Chance…
  • Options

Ontario teacher's licence suspended for two months after telling student to 'lick me where I fart'

http://nationalpost.com/news/canada/ontario-teachers-licence-suspended-for-two-months-after-telling-student-to-lick-me-where-i-fart

LMFAO ... what a fucking joke.  This woman should be fired and be banned from being around children...she'll likely be union president next year.
    Give Peas A Chance…
  • Options

Ontario teacher's licence suspended for two months after telling student to 'lick me where I fart'

http://nationalpost.com/news/canada/ontario-teachers-licence-suspended-for-two-months-after-telling-student-to-lick-me-where-i-fart

LMFAO ... what a fucking joke.  This woman should be fired and be banned from being around children...she'll likely be union president next year.
    suspended 3 times already, and they think 2 months is going to be enough of a deterrent? fuck this woman. she belongs in a dive bar, not as a teacher. fire her. 
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options

PJ_Soul said:

Family estates often times en up in court ... and these are just allegations yet to be proven.

Come on, you know Doug Ford is a creep from a family of creeps.