Options

2016 PJ25 Tour Rumors

Comments

• Options
    mcgruff10mcgruff10 New Jersey Posts: 27,928
    Wma31394 said:

mcgruff10 said:

Wma31394 said:

Maybe the band or someone in the band wasn't happy with the way the South American shows went and they need to regroup and practice pj music instead of the shotty covers that were played..thus causing them to re-date the tour.

Shotty covers? Care to elaborate?
    Mother..Imagine..Comfortably numb...last kiss etc..too much of those the last go round..I didn't think they sounded too great..
    Fair enough. I do agree, less covers more pj.
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
  • Options
    RoleModelsinBlood31RoleModelsinBlood31 Austin TX Posts: 6,150

my2hands said:

Honestly... 90 days notice of a tour for a traveling fan base full of adults with real jobs & responsibilities sucks just a little bit... I actually liked the idea of an earlier then normal announcement... but clearly they don't give a shit about that LOL

I blame you for this entire debacle.
    Lol
    I'm like an opening band for your mom.
  • Options
    I'm a TruckI'm a Truck Milwaukee Posts: 3,508
    mcgruff10 said:

Wma31394 said:

mcgruff10 said:

Wma31394 said:

Maybe the band or someone in the band wasn't happy with the way the South American shows went and they need to regroup and practice pj music instead of the shotty covers that were played..thus causing them to re-date the tour.

Shotty covers? Care to elaborate?
    Mother..Imagine..Comfortably numb...last kiss etc..too much of those the last go round..I didn't think they sounded too great..
    Fair enough. I do agree, less covers more pj.
    Wanna see a good Pink Floyd cover? Watch Velvet Revolver do "wish you were here" and take notes.
  • Options
    Wma31394Wma31394 Posts: 3,045
    Maybe they're scrapping the original plans to do a more "vote for change" type tour since its election year.
    "Going where the water tastes like wine!"
  • Options
  • Options
    estarr31estarr31 Posts: 569
    Wma31394 said:

That's a whole lot of speculation. It's probably just business as usual. No reason to suspect something is wrong (to be fair, no concrete reason to expect anything). When they're ready they'll be ready. I can only imagine all the details required for planning a multi-date tour with a band this size. They're probably just finalizing their carbon mitigation plans. Someone's gotta plant all those trees.
    Mansfield 6/30/08 -  Wrigley Field 7/14/13 -  Worcester I 10/15/13 -  Global Citizen 9/26/15 -  MSG II 5/2/16 -  Fenway I 8/5/16 -  Fenway II 8/7/16 -  Fenway II 9/4/18 - LA I 5/6/22 - LA II 5/7/22 - MSG 9/11/22 - Nashville 9/16/22 - St. Paul I and II 8/31/23-9/2/23
  • Options
    Not to be Debbie downer, but we lost a member today. Though this thread is a barrel of laughs, let's not lose sight on what's important in this world. Take a moment to reach out to your friends and loved ones and let them know you care. RIP April.
    10/11/13 consol energy center pittsburgh
  • Options

This belongs here:

"No need to bash or question, just take it or leave it:

A couple of weeks ago I said on here that I was at Wells Fargo and was told PJ Philly dates were 4/28-29 with an announcement coming (around now). That was a sales rep, who also knew about the Bruce dates and announcement before last week.

After this insanity Friday and today, I put some pressure on a co-worker who is close with a higher up in Live Nation. From her - PJ announcement was supposed to be last week, then quickly postponed to today, which was then abruptly postponed until January (or later). She did not give any reasoning, and I'm not sure if she even had any, but this is what I got.

Bummed...I know, me too."

This does not sound good to me at all.
  • Options
    zevilonezevilone Posts: 339
    12/7/15 #NeverForget #WeWillRebuild
  • Options
    Now that Monday's come and gone, this is a thread wasted. I'm never coming back again.
  • Options

Now that Monday's come and gone, this is a thread wasted. I'm never coming back again.

What about the reprise?
  • Options
    pjhawkspjhawks Posts: 12,218
    some people are overreacting here. it was a race against time to have tickets on sale this week. This is probably the drop dead week for sales in getting them in before taking a break for the holidays. I can't imagine having a public sale a week before Christmas. If it wasn't going to be this week it only makes sense to wait until after the holidays.
  • Options
    Any rumors of when the stat tracker app will update for the sa tour?
    "...what a different life had i not found this love with you..."
  • Options
    given2fly23given2fly23 Evanston, IL Posts: 5,892
    edited December 2015
    pjhawks said:

some people are overreacting here. it was a race against time to have tickets on sale this week. This is probably the drop dead week for sales in getting them in before taking a break for the holidays. I can't imagine having a public sale a week before Christmas. If it wasn't going to be this week it only makes sense to wait until after the holidays.

Holy cow! Logic!
    Found: Soundgarden Hyde Park DVD (Thank you for the gift!)
    Posters for Sale: http://community.pearljam.com/discussion/117469/posters-for-sale
    T-Shirts for Sale: http://community.pearljam.com/discussion/149289/pj-t-shirt-trade-or-sale
  • Options
    PJfanwillneverleave1PJfanwillneverleave1 Posts: 12,885
    edited December 2015

pjhawks said:

Holy cow! Logic!
    It would by a holy irony if the public sale happened on the 25th.
    Still time.
    Hotel is full still in May and I checked two other surrounding ones.
    The front desk said "we have had a lot of bookings for May and people wondering about the cancellation policy"
  • Options

What about the reprise?
    OK fine a few more pages deep I'll come for a VERY BRIEF revisitation

• Options
    cutzcutz Posts: 11,473
    dimitrispearljam Posts: 128,796
    October 11
    I believe the next days we will have announcement

Did you mean the next couple of Months>HAHAHAHAHA
  • Options
    FunkezFunkez Copenhagen Posts: 133
    Wma31394 said:

Maybe they're scrapping the original plans to do a more "vote for change" type tour since its election year.

But that's not exactly news to them.
    Roskilde '92, Roskilde '00, Rock Werchter '12, Stockholm '12, Copenhagen '12, Berlin '14, Stockholm '14, Oslo '14, London '14, NYC '15, (EV) Kvaerndrup '17, Amsterdam I '18, Berlin '18, London II 18, (EV) Berlin '19
  • Options
    3days3days Posts: 1,152
    cutz said:

dimitrispearljam Posts: 128,796
    October 11
    I believe the next days we will have announcement

Did you mean the next couple of Months>HAHAHAHAHA

Honestly, it would appear plans have changed since that statement was made. I don't think it was ridiculous based on the factual info floating around: seating charts, keep your info updated reminder.
  • Options
    pjtaperpjtaper Posts: 3,020

Not to be Debbie downer, but we lost a member today. Though this thread is a barrel of laughs, let's not lose sight on what's important in this world. Take a moment to reach out to your friends and loved ones and let them know you care. RIP April.

Agreed... Today the Pearl Jam community lost one of The Faithful. A long time, die hard, fund raising, beautiful person. She seemed quite down, but I always figured we have so many friends in this community, nobody ever gets too far lost... Sad sad day..
  • Options
    nycratsnycrats Posts: 1,348
    i think its safe to just come and check in like once every 3 hours now instead of on the half hour right?

maybe theyll surprise us though so who knows.. not feeling like its imminent anymore..

any more stories of harassing reps at arenas happen overnight?
    '98: Camden 1 '00: JB2 '03: MSG1 '04: Boston 1 '05: AC1
    '06: Irving Plaza, East Rutherford 1 & 2 '07: Lolla '08: Camden 2, MSG2, Beacon
    '09 :Philly 1 & 2 '10: Buffalo, Newark, MSG1, MSG2
    '11: PJ20 1 & 2 '12: Missoula '13: Wrigley, BK2, Philly 1 & 2, Hartford
    '14: Ams 1 & 2, Cincy, St Louis, Detroit, Moline '15: Central Park
    '16 Philly 1 & 2, MSG 1 & 2, Toronto 1 & 2, Fenway 1, Wrigley 1
    '17 Brooklyn hall of fame ‘18 Fenway 1
  • Options
    hsohihsohi Posts: 1,033
    Bump
    London Ontario 2013, Buffalo New York 2013, Lincoln Nebraska 2014, Quebec City 2016
  • Options
    Nd276802Nd276802 Tegelen Posts: 58
    Arnhem 2006, Nijmegen 2007, Rotterdam 2009, Nijmegen 2010, Amsterdam I+II 2012, Amsterdam I EV, Amsterdam I+II 2014, Berlin 2014, EV Amsterdam II + III 2017
  • Options
    demetriosdemetrios Canada Posts: 88,017
    Nd276802 said:
    What the deuce?

• Options
    halloweenhead95halloweenhead95 Croatia Posts: 240
    edited December 2015
    Nd276802 said:
    I just saw this on facebook - came here to ask: WTF?! :i_dunno:
    Please be legit, please be legit...

Post edited by halloweenhead95 on
    2014: Trieste, Italy 06-22
    2018: Padova, Italy 06-24
    2022: Imola, Italy 06-25
  • Options
    mcgruff10mcgruff10 New Jersey Posts: 27,928
    nycrats said:

i think its safe to just come and check in like once every 3 hours now instead of on the half hour right?

maybe theyll surprise us though so who knows.. not feeling like its imminent anymore..

any more stories of harassing reps at arenas happen overnight?

ok i'm with you. every three hours it is.
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
  • Options
    my2handsmy2hands Posts: 17,117
    edited December 2015
    Nd276802 said:
    and yet another leak!

I really hope they announce the full years tour and lottery at the same time... that would be so nice!
  • Options
    Nd276802 said:
    This site is a resseller, which means they sell tickets sold by others, not by the band itself.
    No way they have anything to sell yet so most likely just a scam.
  • Options
    FunkezFunkez Copenhagen Posts: 133
    my2hands said:

Nd276802 said:
    and yet another leak!

I really hope they announce the full years tour and lottery at the same time... that would be so nice!
    Makes planning - and budgetting - a lot easier.. ;)
    Roskilde '92, Roskilde '00, Rock Werchter '12, Stockholm '12, Copenhagen '12, Berlin '14, Stockholm '14, Oslo '14, London '14, NYC '15, (EV) Kvaerndrup '17, Amsterdam I '18, Berlin '18, London II 18, (EV) Berlin '19
  • Options
    Nd276802Nd276802 Tegelen Posts: 58
    It's true that this site is a resseller. But why should they offer PJ tickets when there are just rumours? And why only Prague?
    Arnhem 2006, Nijmegen 2007, Rotterdam 2009, Nijmegen 2010, Amsterdam I+II 2012, Amsterdam I EV, Amsterdam I+II 2014, Berlin 2014, EV Amsterdam II + III 2017