Options

2016 PJ25 Tour Rumors

Comments

• Options
    iamloco724iamloco724 Brooklyn NY Posts: 1,441
    my2hands said:

Honestly... 90 days notice of a tour for a traveling fan base full of adults with real jobs & responsibilities sucks just a little bit... I actually liked the idea of an earlier then normal announcement... but clearly they don't give a shit about that LOL

Yeah it would have been perfect to know everything today plus me and my girlfriend freelance so taxes are due the week of the next rumored date so that sucks lol
  • Options
    Dedicated in the memory of the PJ Tour Rumor Announcement

If I don't fall apart,.... will the memories stay clear
    So you had to go,......... and I had to remain here

But the strangest thing to date
    So far away, PJ tour rumor..
    And yet you feel so close
    And I'm not gonna question it any other way

There must be an open door
    For you , PJ tour rumor to
    Come Back

And the days, they linger on
    And every night, what I'm waiting for
    Is the real possibility I may meet you in my dream,

• Options
    my2hands said:

Honestly... 90 days notice of a tour for a traveling fan base full of adults with real jobs & responsibilities sucks just a little bit... I actually liked the idea of an earlier then normal announcement... but clearly they don't give a shit about that LOL

I blame you for this entire debacle.
  • Options
    CW55354CW55354 Posts: 200
    edited December 2015
    While I said earlier that I think we we would have been told by the mods if the tour rumors were a scam, I don't know whether they would tell us if a planned tour fell through altogether. In my line of work, I deal with a lot of contract negotiations and re-negotiations and the reason you don't say anything until there are signatures is because they can fall apart in a heartbeat. What if a member simply got cold feet about doing another tour? Would they owe it to us to say, "hey everybody, we were planning a tour but not anymore."?
    Not saying the current tour plans fell through, but if they do, we probably would never hear the band say anything. We'd just hear from the same sources we heard about the tour in the first place.

All of this is my own speculation in an attempt to stay away from the board until I get a tweet or email from the 10club. But I doubt that will work.
    Post edited by CW55354 on
  • Options
    I'm a TruckI'm a Truck Milwaukee Posts: 3,508
    These excuses are the best thing in this thread. Or saddest?
  • Options
    my2handsmy2hands Posts: 17,117

my2hands said:

I blame you for this entire debacle.
    That's quite an honor actually, thank you
  • Options
    mr bunglemr bungle Posts: 1,311
    my2hands said:

Honestly... 90 days notice of a tour for a traveling fan base full of adults with real jobs & responsibilities sucks just a little bit... I actually liked the idea of an earlier then normal announcement... but clearly they don't give a shit about that LOL</blockquote
    short notice does give people a better lottery chance at getting their hometown show though.

• Options
    primussucksprimussucks Posts: 2,356
    If they know when they are gonna make the announcement I wish they'd just put up a countdown clock now.
    Summerfest 7/8/95
    Missoula 6/20/98
    Alpine Valley 6/26/98 & 6/27/98
    Alpine Valley 10/8/00 
    Champaign 4/23/03
    Alpine Valley 6/21/03
    Missoula 8/29/05
    Chicago 5/16 & 17/06
    Grand Rapids 5/19/06
    Summerfest 6/29/06 & 6/30/06
    Tampa 6/12/08
    Chicago 8/23/09
    Indy 5/7/10
    Alpine Valley x2 2011
    Wrigley 2013
    Milwaukee 14
    Telluride 16
  • Options
    my2handsmy2hands Posts: 17,117
    If only the person in charge of the Rupp Arena sign knew what chaos he caused... that shit was amazing
  • Options
    buck502000buck502000 Birthplace of GIBSON guitar Posts: 8,951
    Do you think Mike will play Erupption at Rupp Arena?
  • Options
    my2hands said:

If only the person in charge of the Rupp Arena sign knew what chaos he caused... that shit was amazing

He gets the next piece of blame pie.

(You're right though....... That was amazing & really cranked this thread into hyperdrive!)
  • Options
    Weston1283Weston1283 Fredericksburg, VA Posts: 4,662
    I hate the Rupp arena guy...
    2010: Cleveland
    2012: Atlanta
    2013: London ONT / Wrigley Field / Pittsburgh / Buffalo / San Diego / Los Angeles I / Los Angeles II
    2014: Cincinnati / St. Louis / Tulsa / Lincoln / Detroit / Denver
    2015: New York City
    2016: Ft. Lauderdale / Miami / Jacksonville / Greenville / Hampton / Columbia / Lexington / Philly II / New York City II / Toronto II / Bonnaroo / Telluride / Fenway I / Wrigley I / Wrigley - II / TOTD - Philadelphia, San Francisco
    2017: Ohana Fest (EV)
    2018: Amsterdam I / Amsterdam II / Seattle I / Seattle II / Boston I / Boston II
    2021: Asbury Park / Ohana Encore 1 / Ohana Encore 2
    2022: Phoenix / LA I / LA II / Quebec City / Ottawa / New York City / Camden / Nashville / St. Louis / Denver
    2023: St. Paul II
    2024: Las Vegas I / Las Vegas II / New York City I / New York City II / Philly I / Philly II / Baltimore
  • Options
    Pearl34JamPearl34Jam TN Posts: 1,102

Why? Is Flight to Mars playing there this spring?
    "Must I keep explaining my decisions to you strangers of the Internet?" - Merch tent 8/19/16

'13: 10/27 Baltimore
    '15: 9/26 New York City
    '16: 4/16 Greenville (VS!), 4/26 Lexington, 4/28 Philly, 8/20 Wrigley
    '18: 9/02 Fenway
    '22: 9/16 Nashville
    ’24: 8/26 Noblesville, 9/12 Baltimore
  • Options
    awnich24awnich24 Lexington, KY Posts: 17
    edited December 2015

Nice.
  • Options
    BeerBaronBeerBaron Toronto-ish Posts: 4,091

why?

1996: Toronto 1998: Barrie 2000: Saratoga Springs 2003: Buffalo, Toronto 2005: Kitchener, London, Hamilton, Montreal, Ottawa, Toronto 2006: Toronto x2, Cleveland, Detroit, Pittsburgh, Cincinnati, Gorge #1 2007: London, Dusseldorf, Vic, Lolla 2008: WPB, Tampa, DC, MSG x2, Hartford, Boston x2, Beacon 2009: Toronto, Chicago x2, Seattle x2, LA #3&4, San Diego, Philly x4 2010: Cleveland, Buffalo, Hartford 2011: Montreal, Toronto x2, Hamilton 2012: Missoula 2013: London, Wrigley, Pittsburgh, Buffalo, Hartford, Dallas, OKC
  • Options
    awnich24awnich24 Lexington, KY Posts: 17

I bet he got it mixed up with all the other Jams coming to Rupp, ie Winter Jam, Monster Jam... Just throw Pearl Jam in there and no one will notice.
  • Options
    zevilonezevilone Posts: 339

These excuses are the best thing in this thread. Or saddest?

saddest, for sure
  • Options
    OMGkatwomanOMGkatwoman Posts: 3,230

pjalive21 said:

well I see someone got a clear shot of this...any experts to the validity...first ive seen of this so sorry if its been posted already
    https://12thstreetbeat.wordpress.com/2015/12/07/first-pearl-jam-show-reportedly-confirmed-for-2016/#more-5763

Arborists have confirmed legit.
    :rofl:
  • Options
    GB281198GB281198 Virginia Posts: 413
    Mike D88 said:

This thread will be the stuff of legend

It's been a long and winding road to nowhere....
  • Options
    ComeToTXComeToTX Austin Posts: 7,644
    This thread is a good example of what it's like to have PJ as our favorite band. We get very little information and very few shows and are left to guess what's next. And all for only $40 a year.
    This show, another show, a show here and a show there.
  • Options
    mcgruff10mcgruff10 New Jersey Posts: 28,022
    ComeToTX said:

This thread is a good example of what it's like to have PJ as our favorite band. We get very little information and very few shows and are left to guess what's next. And all for only $40 a year.

I still want to go to texas and see a show bud!
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
  • Options
    ComeToTX said:

It makes total sense to me now why they think we are nuts.
    Still, I would pay more for this.
  • Options
    jerparker20jerparker20 St. Paul, MN Posts: 2,421
    Hell, John Travolta/Pulp Fiction thing was worth the $40 a year.
  • Options

Hell, John Travolta/Pulp Fiction thing was worth the $40 a year.

:lol: I don't feel so bad now when I click on the tour button and see no dates. I will think of this now.
  • Options
    robbierobbie Posts: 882
    So, i guess i can give up on constantly checking this thread. But now what am i supposed to do at work every 10 minutes? Work???
  • Options
    Wma31394Wma31394 Posts: 3,045
    edited December 2015
    Maybe the band or someone in the band wasn't happy with the way the South American shows went and they need to regroup and practice pj music instead of the shotty covers that were played..thus causing them to re-date the tour.
    "Going where the water tastes like wine!"
  • Options
    mcgruff10mcgruff10 New Jersey Posts: 28,022
    Wma31394 said:

Maybe the band or someone in the band wasn't happy with the way the South American shows went and they need to regroup and practice pj music instead of the shotty covers that were played..thus causing them to re-date the tour.

Shotty covers? Care to elaborate?
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
  • Options
    ehbaconehbacon Posts: 1,968
    mcgruff10 said:

Wma31394 said:

Listen to some of my music here (if you want to): [url="My soundcloud"]
  • Options
    electronblueelectronblue WPB Florida Posts: 3,458

Dedicated in the memory of the PJ Tour Rumor Announcement

If I don't fall apart,.... will the memories stay clear
    So you had to go,......... and I had to remain here

But the strangest thing to date
    So far away, PJ tour rumor..
    And yet you feel so close
    And I'm not gonna question it any other way

There must be an open door
    For you , PJ tour rumor to
    Come Back

And the days, they linger on
    And every night, what I'm waiting for
    Is the real possibility I may meet you in my dream,

:lol:

"Forgive every being,
    the bad feelings 
    it's just me"

• Options
    Wma31394Wma31394 Posts: 3,045
    mcgruff10 said:

Wma31394 said:

Mother..Imagine..Comfortably numb...last kiss etc..too much of those the last go round..I didn't think they sounded too great..
    "Going where the water tastes like wine!"