Options

Singles Soundtrack Re-issue Coming Soon (August 2015)

Comments

• Options
    on2legson2legs Standing in the Jersey rain… Posts: 14,433
    jeffbr said:
    mace1229 said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    mace1229 said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    How the heck did the smashing pumpkins end up on this album?
    I'm glad they did, because it has their best song. It would have been much later, if at all, for it to be released.
    awesome song for sure. I just didn't understand how a chicago band ended up on an all seattle line up.
    That's a real good question that never crossed my mind. I guess I assumed that every artist on that soundtrack had ties to Seattle. 
    I never thought of it either, but I dont think they all did? Lovemongers were Canadian, PW was from Minnesota (I didnt know that, but a quick band info on the soundtrack link brought me to a bio page). Definitely a majority from the Seattle area, but the Pumpkins arent the only ones not on the list. 
    Lovemongers was Ann & Nancy Wilson. That was a Seattle band.
    And Cameron Crowe's wife and sister-in-law. 
    1996: Randall's Island 2  1998: East Rutherford | MSG 1 & 2  2000: Cincinnati | Columbus | Jones Beach 1, 2, & 3 | Boston 1 | Camden 1 & 2 2003: Philadelphia | Uniondale | MSG 1 & 2 | Holmdel  2005: Atlantic City 1  2006: Camden 1 | East Rutherford 1 & 2 2008: Camden 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Newark (EV)  2009: Philadelphia 1, 2 & 4  2010: Newark | MSG 1 & 2  2011: Toronto 1  2013: Wrigley Field | Brooklyn 2 | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore  2015: Central Park  2016: Philadelphia 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Fenway Park 2 | MSG (TOTD)  2017: Brooklyn (RnR HOF)  2020: MSG | Asbury Park  2021: Asbury Park  2022: MSG | Camden | Nashville  2024: MSG 1 & 2 (#50) | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore

• Options
    mace1229mace1229 Posts: 9,013
    jeffbr said:
    mace1229 said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    mace1229 said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    I'm glad they did, because it has their best song. It would have been much later, if at all, for it to be released.
    awesome song for sure. I just didn't understand how a chicago band ended up on an all seattle line up.
    That's a real good question that never crossed my mind. I guess I assumed that every artist on that soundtrack had ties to Seattle. 
    I never thought of it either, but I dont think they all did? Lovemongers were Canadian, PW was from Minnesota (I didnt know that, but a quick band info on the soundtrack link brought me to a bio page). Definitely a majority from the Seattle area, but the Pumpkins arent the only ones not on the list. 
    Thats cool, I didnt know that. The blup I read said they had success first in Canada, so I assumed that's where they were from.

I forget which tour, but the sisters came out and joined PJ for RITFW. I was bummed because they didnt introduce them, and from where I was I couldnt recognize them (I had terrible seats and couldnt get a good look). I didnt know it was Nancy and Ann until I read about it the next day. Wish I knew at the time who it was.
  • Options
    fl4tdrivenfl4tdriven Moscow, PA Posts: 332
    Got my Newbury copy today. Rarely do I skip to a particular track, but I dropped the needle right on Seasons as soon as I could.
    Philly 10/21/13 - MSG 5/1/16 - Fenway 8/5/16 - TOTD 11/4/16
  • Options
    Dr. DelightDr. Delight Posts: 11,210
    Newbury arrived in the Carolinas.
    And so you see, I have come to doubt
    All that I once held as true
    I stand alone without beliefs
    The only truth I know is you.
  • Options
    HesCalledDyerHesCalledDyer Maryland Posts: 16,418
    edited May 2017
    All three of my copies came today. Both from Newbury and the one from Popmarket. And I've been getting emails from popmarket daily again. Back in biz?
    Anyway, the black copy is for sale if anyone's looking. $33 shipped US, what I paid.
  • Options
    cp3iversoncp3iverson Posts: 8,640
    Heart was so good. Read recently that the sisters are no longer on speaking terms. 
  • Options
    mrussel1mrussel1 Posts: 28,631
    My Newbury copy has a bent up gatefold.  Annoying.  Hopefully they will send me a new one or a new gatefold.  It's not numbered so should be exactly the same.  
  • Options
    BIGDaddyWilBIGDaddyWil Michigan Posts: 3,040
    My Newbury and Popmarket copies arrived today.  My Popmarket copy ended up being free, thanks Popmarket!
    Pine Knob Music Theatre - Jul 31, 1992 Crisler Arena - Mar 20, 1994
    Summerfest - Jul 09, 1995*Savage Hall - Sep 22, 1996The Palace of Auburn Hills-Aug 23, 1998 Breslin Center- Aug 18, 1998,The Palace of Auburn Hills-Oct 07, 2000 DTE Energy Theatre-Jun5,2003,DTE Energy Music Theatre - Jun 26, 2003Sports Arena - Oct 02, 2004 Van Andel Arena - May 19, 2006Palace of Auburn Hills-May 22, 2006 Quicken Loans Arena-May 09, 2010
    10-16-2014 Detroit
  • Options
    darthvedderdarthvedder Posts: 2,478
    mace1229 said:
    jeffbr said:
    mace1229 said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    mace1229 said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    Thats cool, I didnt know that. The blup I read said they had success first in Canada, so I assumed that's where they were from.

I forget which tour, but the sisters came out and joined PJ for RITFW. I was bummed because they didnt introduce them, and from where I was I couldnt recognize them (I had terrible seats and couldnt get a good look). I didnt know it was Nancy and Ann until I read about it the next day. Wish I knew at the time who it was.
    That was Vegas 2003. Eddie announced them as "our neighbors." Ann took a spill and hit the deck, iirc.
  • Options
    demetriosdemetrios Canada Posts: 87,848
    My Newbury and Popmarket copies arrived today.  My Popmarket copy ended up being free, thanks Popmarket!
    Free? That's pretty freaking sweet! :)
  • Options
    MedozKMedozK Tennessee Posts: 9,209
    If anyone wants to trade a EU version for a US version. I have an extra unopened US versions that I would like to trade for an EU versions.

Thanks
  • Options
    BIGDaddyWilBIGDaddyWil Michigan Posts: 3,040
    demetrios said:
    Free? That's pretty freaking sweet! :)
    Yes, they refunded my Paypal account last week.
    Pine Knob Music Theatre - Jul 31, 1992 Crisler Arena - Mar 20, 1994
    Summerfest - Jul 09, 1995*Savage Hall - Sep 22, 1996The Palace of Auburn Hills-Aug 23, 1998 Breslin Center- Aug 18, 1998,The Palace of Auburn Hills-Oct 07, 2000 DTE Energy Theatre-Jun5,2003,DTE Energy Music Theatre - Jun 26, 2003Sports Arena - Oct 02, 2004 Van Andel Arena - May 19, 2006Palace of Auburn Hills-May 22, 2006 Quicken Loans Arena-May 09, 2010
    10-16-2014 Detroit
  • Options
    mace1229mace1229 Posts: 9,013
    I got mine for about half off. Was delivered yesterday and not Friday. I complained to Amazon and they gave me a partial refund.
    As they should, since I pay for Amazon prime and one of the benefits is shipping. I'd suggest doing that if yours did not arrive on time from Amazon,
  • Options
    EP1973EP1973 Posts: 112
    on2legs said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    Check the liner notes... Because of Chris Cornell. 
    Other links to the "Seattle Scene": SP's second single was released on Sub Pop, and their debut album was produced by Butch Vig...same guy who produced "Nevermind" later the same year.
  • Options
    Horse2345Horse2345 Posts: 3,231
    MedozK said:
    If anyone wants to trade a EU version for a US version. I have an extra unopened US versions that I would like to trade for an EU versions.

Thanks
    Is there any actual difference? I have one coming from Amazon.ca and one from .uk deciding whether or not to just refuse the uk one as it was $10 more.
    UBC 92, Vancouver 93, Vancouver 98, Seattle 02, Vancouver 03, Vancouver 05, Gorge 06, Gorge 06,Seattle 09,Seattle 09, Vancouver09, Montreal 11, Toronto 11,Toronto 11, Vancouver 11,Vancouver 13, Seattle 13
  • Options
    demetriosdemetrios Canada Posts: 87,848
    Horse2345 said:
    MedozK said:

Thanks
    Is there any actual difference? I have one coming from Amazon.ca and one from .uk deciding whether or not to just refuse the uk one as it was $10 more.
    The Amazon Canada one will be the same as the Amazon UK . Received my Amazon Canada one on the 19th. It has the green sticker on the back with the Sony Germany address. That will be the same for those sold on Amazon UK. The ones in the USA don't have a sticker & have a Sony NYC address on the back.
  • Options
    MedozKMedozK Tennessee Posts: 9,209
    Horse2345 said:
    MedozK said:

Thanks
    Nothing other than the Sony Music Logo is on the back of the EU version...... lol... I just have a problem.
  • Options
    dankinddankind I am not your foot. Posts: 20,827
    EP1973 said:
    on2legs said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    Check the liner notes... Because of Chris Cornell. 
    Other links to the "Seattle Scene": SP's second single was released on Sub Pop, and their debut album was produced by Butch Vig...same guy who produced "Nevermind" later the same year.
    Liner notes? My copy just came with generic paper sleeves, and some unproofed gatefold copy.
    I SAW PEARL JAM
  • Options
    tweedyfanjentweedyfanjen Posts: 881
    Heart was so good. Read recently that the sisters are no longer on speaking terms. 
    How recently? I just saw them in concert last September.
    I'm through with screaming
  • Options
    DeLukinDeLukin Posts: 2,736
    edited May 2017
    How recently? I just saw them in concert last September.
    REAL recently: http://www.rollingstone.com/music/features/heart-can-ann-and-nancy-wilson-go-on-after-family-assault-w473842
    I smile, but who am I kidding...
  • Options
    lolobugglolobugg BLUE RDGE MTNS Posts: 8,190

Drown is still the best song on this soundtrack.

Seasons is a close second.

livefootsteps.org/user/?usr=446

1995- New Orleans, LA  : New Orleans, LA

1996- Charleston, SC

1998- Atlanta, GA: Birmingham, AL: Greenville, SC: Knoxville, TN

2000- Atlanta, GA: New Orleans, LA: Memphis, TN: Nashville, TN

2003- Raleigh, NC: Charlotte, NC: Atlanta, GA

2004- Asheville, NC (hometown show)

2006- Cincinnati, OH

2008- Columbia, SC

2009- Chicago, IL x 2 / Ed Vedder- Atlanta, GA x 2

2010- Bristow, VA

2011- Alpine Valley, WI (PJ20) x 2 / Ed Vedder- Chicago, IL

2012- Atlanta, GA

2013- Charlotte, NC

2014- Cincinnati, OH

2015- New York, NY

2016- Greenville, SC: Hampton, VA:: Columbia, SC: Raleigh, NC : Lexington, KY: Philly, PA 2: (Wrigley) Chicago, IL x 2 (holy shit): Temple of the Dog- Philly, PA

2017- ED VED- Louisville, KY

2018- Chicago, IL x2, Boston, MA x2

2020- Nashville, TN 

2022- Smashville 

2023- Austin, TX x2

2024- Baltimore

• Options
    mcgruff10mcgruff10 New Jersey Posts: 27,888
    lolobugg said:

Agreed. I also absolutely love nearly lost you. 
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
  • Options
    mcgruff10 said:
    lolobugg said:

I see you're both smoking the same strain.
    I SAW PEARL JAM
  • Options
    lolobugglolobugg BLUE RDGE MTNS Posts: 8,190
    dankind said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    lolobugg said:

it's called "Truth"

livefootsteps.org/user/?usr=446

1995- New Orleans, LA  : New Orleans, LA

1996- Charleston, SC

1998- Atlanta, GA: Birmingham, AL: Greenville, SC: Knoxville, TN

2000- Atlanta, GA: New Orleans, LA: Memphis, TN: Nashville, TN

2003- Raleigh, NC: Charlotte, NC: Atlanta, GA

2004- Asheville, NC (hometown show)

2006- Cincinnati, OH

2008- Columbia, SC

2009- Chicago, IL x 2 / Ed Vedder- Atlanta, GA x 2

2010- Bristow, VA

2011- Alpine Valley, WI (PJ20) x 2 / Ed Vedder- Chicago, IL

2012- Atlanta, GA

2013- Charlotte, NC

2014- Cincinnati, OH

2015- New York, NY

2016- Greenville, SC: Hampton, VA:: Columbia, SC: Raleigh, NC : Lexington, KY: Philly, PA 2: (Wrigley) Chicago, IL x 2 (holy shit): Temple of the Dog- Philly, PA

2017- ED VED- Louisville, KY

2018- Chicago, IL x2, Boston, MA x2

2020- Nashville, TN 

2022- Smashville 

2023- Austin, TX x2

2024- Baltimore

• Options
    DeLukinDeLukin Posts: 2,736
    mcgruff10 said:
    lolobugg said:

Maybe it's because I'm in a Cornell state of mind, but I'd forgotten how amazing Birth Ritual is.
    I smile, but who am I kidding...
  • Options
    ZodZod Posts: 10,166
    DeLukin said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    lolobugg said:

Maybe it's because I'm in a Cornell state of mind, but I'd forgotten how amazing Birth Ritual is.
    I saw Soundgarden a number of times and they never played it live... I love that song, I wish it had made it into their sets more often :(
  • Options
    Some of my favorite early Soundgarden songs are soundtrack songs. "Heretic" from Pump Up the Volume is also badass. I prefer it over the Deep Six version.
    I SAW PEARL JAM
  • Options
    cp3iversoncp3iverson Posts: 8,640
    dankind said:
    Some of my favorite early Soundgarden songs are soundtrack songs. "Heretic" from Pump Up the Volume is also badass. I prefer it over the Deep Six version.
    Absolutely.  Love that film and the soundtrack
  • Options
    corduroy10corduroy10 Posts: 199
    dankind said:

I totally agree with you on the soundtrack songs. One of my favourite all time Soundgarden tracks is "Blind Dogs" off The Basketball Diaries soundtrack.
    Barrie '98
    Saratoga Springs, Toronto '00
    Toronto, Montreal '03
    Kitchener, London, Hamilton, Montreal, Ottawa, Toronto '05
    Toronto I & II, Albany, Hartford, Gorge I '06
    Camden I & II, Washington DC '08
    Toronto, Chicago I '09
    Columbus, Indianapolis, Buffalo '10
    Alpine Valley I & II, Toronto I & II, Hamilton '11
    London, Buffalo '13
    Detroit '14
    Quebec City, Ottawa, Toronto I & II '16
  • Options
    bflynn1bflynn1 Posts: 1,394
    lolobugg said:
    dankind said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    lolobugg said:

it's called "Truth"
    "Higher Truth"??