Post your stereo system!

1789101113»

Comments

• mrussel1mrussel1 Posts: 6,965
    dudeman said:
    Yeah man. I'm really excited to get them finished. The C-V's aren't the speakers I would recommend for jazz or classical music but they are incredible rock speakers. That works for me because rock is 99% of my collection. Restoring them has been pretty fun so far.

Those HD-10's are awesome, too. BA does cohesiveness better than most. They sound much bigger than the enclosures should allow and they match crossover points to drivers so well that the individual components seem to disappear. I'd like to find a pair for myself some day. 
    BA's are good rock speakers.  Not great on nuance and I wouldn't hook them up to my TT to listen to some John Coltrane.  But if you want to jam some AIC while staining some furniture or washing the car, they will punch you in the face.  
    I remember your CV's.  They had a good reputation for sure for being loud and plenty of punch too.  Aren't they like 50 or 60 lbs each??
  • dudemandudeman Posts: 1,232
    edited May 10
    Yeah, they're heavy. The cabinets are deep and built solid with a lot of bracing. 

Sonically, they punch and pound like no other 3-ways I've heard. Not the best imaging, but that's just about using a different tool for a different job. 

I have a decent Klipsch setup and a pair of Wharfedales that are incredible for detail and finesse. 

The Vegas are just a lot of fun. 
    Post edited by dudeman on
    If hope can grow from dirt like me, it can be done. - EV

I got the crossovers out last night. Recapping them over the next few days.

That should be the last step. The woofers have been refoamed, mids replaced and I dealt with the little cosmetic issues that pop up over the course of three owners and two and a half decades of use. 

I even refinished the speaker mounting screws by tumbling them with walnut media and applying black epoxy to the heads. They look brand new. 
  • tempo_n_groovetempo_n_groove Posts: 7,994
    dudeman said:

I got the crossovers out last night. Recapping them over the next few days.

That should be the last step. The woofers have been refoamed, mids replaced and I dealt with the little cosmetic issues that pop up over the course of three owners and two and a half decades of use. 

I even refinished the speaker mounting screws by tumbling them with walnut media and applying black epoxy to the heads. They look brand new. 
    You close to NY?  You want to have fun and help me with mine?
    edited May 24
    Well I'm back in Michigan now but it's closer than Florida. It would be a bit of a drive. However, I'd be happy to talk you through any of things you want to do. 

What are you thinking of doing to yours? 
    Post edited by dudeman on
  • I'd like to post some pics of some of my gear, which btw if anyone is near Charlotte, NC I may be downsizing so lemme know if you need/want something and I'll see if I can help. I'd rather my items go to a good home than try to make some extra $ myself or sell to a flipper. Anyways I can't get my pics to post on hear, any recommendations. I use a Mac with Firefox.
  • lolobugglolobugg BLUE RDGE MTNSPosts: 5,814
    I'd like to post some pics of some of my gear, which btw if anyone is near Charlotte, NC I may be downsizing so lemme know if you need/want something and I'll see if I can help. I'd rather my items go to a good home than try to make some extra $ myself or sell to a flipper. Anyways I can't get my pics to post on hear, any recommendations. I use a Mac with Firefox.

:lol: strange you mentioned this because I have some gear that I am going to be selling soon and I live in Asheville NC.

I will post a list on here once I get everything inventoried.

livefootsteps.org/user/?usr=446
    1995- New Orleans, LA
    1996- Charleston, SC
    1998- Atlanta, GA: Birmingham, AL: Greenville, SC: Knoxville, TN
    2000- Atlanta, GA: New Orleans, LA: Memphis, TN: Nashville, TN
    2003- Raleigh, NC: Charlotte, NC: Atlanta, GA
    2004- Asheville, NC (hometown show)
    2006- Cincinnati, OH
    2008- Columbia, SC
    2009- Chicago, IL x 2 / Ed Ved- Atlanta, GA x 2
    2010- Bristow, VA
    2011- Alpine Valley, WI (PJ20) x 2 / Ed Ved- Chicago, IL
    2012- Atlanta, GA
    2013- Charlotte, NC
    2014- Cincinnati, OH
    2015- New York, NY
    2016- Greenville, SC: Hampton, VA: Raleigh, NC: Columbia, SC: Lexington, KY: Philly, PA 2: (Wrigley) Chicago, IL x 2 (holy shit): Temple of the Dog- Philly, PA
  • mrussel1mrussel1 Posts: 6,965
    I'd like to post some pics of some of my gear, which btw if anyone is near Charlotte, NC I may be downsizing so lemme know if you need/want something and I'll see if I can help. I'd rather my items go to a good home than try to make some extra $ myself or sell to a flipper. Anyways I can't get my pics to post on hear, any recommendations. I use a Mac with Firefox.
    I don't think pics are necessary quite yet... what do you have to move?  I can never stop buying gear.  
1789101113»