Options

Crowdfund for Forest Hills Concert

Forgive me if this has already been discussed, but my son works for The Village Voice, and just sent me this link: http://blogs.villagevoice.com/music/2015/04/pearl_jam_crowdfund_forest_hills_stadium.php

Has anyone here heard about this?
You can't be neutral on a moving train.

Comments

• Options
    2-feign-reluctance2-feign-reluctance TigerTown, USA Posts: 23,144
    All previous threads were shut down just a heads up. The organizer wasn't on his best behavior lets just say.
    www.cluthelee.com
  • Options
    Catwoman1Catwoman1 Posts: 482
    edited April 2015
    Oops!
    Thanks for the head's up.
    Post edited by Catwoman1 on
    You can't be neutral on a moving train.
  • Options
    The band has not endorsed it, nor responded to it and as for 10c support? I haven't the foggiest....
    www.cluthelee.com
  • Options
    MayDay10MayDay10 Posts: 11,612
    fuck forest hills
  • Options
    F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,636
    I thought this was a joke thread. I am sorry for you Catwoman1, for the garbage you will inevitably take from people on this. Hopefully it gets closed asap. As 2FR shared, things got unruly!
    The love he receives is the love that is saved
  • Options
    Always on best behavior, can't comment on you guys.
    " In New York as they say how the f*** ya doin'?" -Ed MSG 1 03

--
    MSG 1 '98 - MSG 1+2 '03 - Reading,PA '04 - Borgata 1 '05 - Continental Arena 1+2 '06 - Lollapalooza Chicago,IL '07-MSG 1+2 08, Mansfield 1 08, Beacon Theatre 08. MSG 1 10,PJ20 Alpine Valley, Atlanta 2012, Brooklyn 1+2 2013, Hartford 2013, Seattle 2013, Memphis 2014
  • Options
    Brane_of_JFKBrane_of_JFK Maryland Posts: 1,900
    Yes, it was everyone else :confused:
  • Options
    JimmyVJimmyV Boston's MetroWest Posts: 18,928
    I had no idea this was still a thing.

"...I changed by not changing at all..."
  • Options
    Empty GlassEmpty Glass In Rob's shed Posts: 12,329
    MayDay10 said:

fuck forest hills

:lol: agree
    I've met Rob

DEGENERATE FUK

This place is dead

"THERE ARE NO CLIQUES, ONLY THOSE WHO DON'T JOIN THE FUN" - Empty circa 2015

"Kfsbho&$thncds" - F Me In the Brain - circa 2015
  • Options

There he is. Did your squad alert you that we were talking about you again? Haha!
    www.cluthelee.com
  • Options
    jsvajgljsvajgl Posts: 39
    Stay away. If anyone gave them money, and if the organizer handles this like he handles his eBay transactions, prepare to be swindled. I second (or third) the sentiment: fuck Forest Hills.
  • Options
    mfc2006mfc2006 HTOWN Posts: 37,385

maybe I'm losing my memory, but I don't think your statement is accurate. AT ALL.

in other news, get PJ to THE GORGE!

I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • Options
    callencallen Posts: 6,388
    Don't get criticism for wanting to get pj to play a show.
    10-18-2000 Houston, 04-06-2003 Houston, 6-25-2003 Toronto, 10-8-2004 Kissimmee, 9-4-2005 Calgary, 12-3-05 Sao Paulo, 7-2-2006 Denver, 7-22-06 Gorge, 7-23-2006 Gorge, 9-13-2006 Bern, 6-22-2008 DC, 6-24-2008 MSG, 6-25-2008 MSG
  • Options
    MayDay10MayDay10 Posts: 11,612
    edited April 2015
    Post edited by MayDay10 on
  • Options
    Yeah yeah yeah I know organizer wasn't perfect and there is risk

Hope it happens.
    10-18-2000 Houston, 04-06-2003 Houston, 6-25-2003 Toronto, 10-8-2004 Kissimmee, 9-4-2005 Calgary, 12-3-05 Sao Paulo, 7-2-2006 Denver, 7-22-06 Gorge, 7-23-2006 Gorge, 9-13-2006 Bern, 6-22-2008 DC, 6-24-2008 MSG, 6-25-2008 MSG
  • Options
    Great feedback on eBay aside from a broken record....!
    " In New York as they say how the f*** ya doin'?" -Ed MSG 1 03

--
    MSG 1 '98 - MSG 1+2 '03 - Reading,PA '04 - Borgata 1 '05 - Continental Arena 1+2 '06 - Lollapalooza Chicago,IL '07-MSG 1+2 08, Mansfield 1 08, Beacon Theatre 08. MSG 1 10,PJ20 Alpine Valley, Atlanta 2012, Brooklyn 1+2 2013, Hartford 2013, Seattle 2013, Memphis 2014
  • Options
    Boxes&BooksBoxes&Books USA Posts: 2,672
    jsvajgl said:

Stay away. If anyone gave them money, and if the organizer handles this like he handles his eBay transactions, prepare to be swindled. I second (or third) the sentiment: fuck Forest Hills.

how does the guy handle his ebay transactions?

They've raised nearly 150k. Why are people against this? Is it a personal matter? Just curious. I heard about this fund today, via this post.
  • Options
    PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,565
    edited April 2015
    This is a quote from today's article:

"Sheffer has been in communication with Pearl Jam's management as well as their official fan club, Ten, and says both are in support of his movement. [Ed: We've reached out to the Ten Club for comment and will update this post accordingly.]"

(I like how they called the fan club just "Ten")

Really? What does that mean? Wouldn't support from management and 10C equal agreeing to do it? Anything less doesn't seem like support to me..... Would be hard for them say, "We support your crowd fund campaign to get us to play Forest Hills!.... But we're not doing it." :lol: Support = playing Forest Hills if/when there is enough money. Maybe they did say that.... only $800K+ to go. See you at Forest Hills... in 2023. :whistle:
    Post edited by PJ_Soul on
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 28,309
    Oh boy
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
  • Options
    jerparker20jerparker20 St. Paul, MN Posts: 2,403
    Another dead horse...
  • Options
    edited April 2015
    PJ_Soul said:

"Sheffer has been in communication with Pearl Jam's management as well as their official fan club, Ten, and says both are in support of his movement. [Ed: We've reached out to the Ten Club for comment and will update this post accordingly.]"

Really? What does that mean? Wouldn't support from management and 10C equal agreeing to do it? Anything less doesn't seem like support to me..... Would be hard for them say, "We support your crowd fund campaign to get us to play Forest Hills!.... But we're not doing it." :lol: Support = playing Forest Hills if/when there is enough money. Maybe they did say that.... only $800K+ to go. See you at Forest Hills... in 2023. :whistle:

why piss on this.

Just don't get it.
  • Options
    edited April 2015
    callen said:

PJ_Soul said:

why piss on this.

Just don't get it.
    I'm not pissing. Just pointing out a quote and wondering about its meaning and what 10C and PJ managements have actually stated, and also pointed out how far from the goal they are, and estimated how long it would take them reach it. =)
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    PJ_Soul said:

callen said:

PJ_Soul said:

why piss on this.

Just don't get it.
    I'm not pissing. Just pointing out a quote and wondering about its meaning and what 10C and PJ managements have actually stated, and also pointed out how far from the goal they are, and estimated how long it would take them reach it. =)
    As far as I can tell that's all it seems like to me too.
    Simple questions and observations about a quote really.
  • Options
    WhatYouTaughtMeWhatYouTaughtMe I have no idea what's going on right now! Posts: 4,957
    edited April 2015
    callen said:

PJ_Soul said:

why piss on this.

Just don't get it.
    If they make this happen, awesome for them and the people who will attend. I said this on the other threads and will say it here. The guy originally posted as if he had stumbled across it on Facebook. He pretended he was just discovering it to drive up hype. It later turned out he was the organizer. For me it came across as dishonest and immediately called into question his credibility. I can only speak for myself but it came across as shady. I also believe there was a nasty back and forth on here where the organizer pissed on someone else's thread in response to some of the criticism he was receiving. Then he kept starting new threads on it after mods closed a few and said no more. That is my guess as to why some people are pissing on it.
    Post edited by WhatYouTaughtMe on
  • Options
    edited April 2015
    While I still maintain that I'm not pissing - just making observations - it must be admitted that the organizer isn't exactly the best PR man. A LOT of people were alienated when this whole thing started. There have been online arguments between the organizer and several other people, some questionable quotes in the media, etc. The whole thing could have been presented better, the organizer could have been less ornery, and no one would have ever been pissy.

On a side note, how come you never post in the forums Dan Sheffer/ivegotcookies? Unless you had someone post this article on your behalf (and pretending not to be), and then just came in when you wanted to defend yourself (fair enough defending yourself btw... I'd probably do it harder if I were you), you must be monitoring this board pretty closely to have randomly seen this thread and posted to it so quickly.... If you didn't know this would be posted beforehand, I bet if you stopped lurking on the boards (as many do), and started interacting with the online community more, you might win some support that you don't currently have.
    Post edited by PJ_Soul on
  • Options
    WhatYouTaughtMeWhatYouTaughtMe I have no idea what's going on right now! Posts: 4,957
    PJ_Soul said:

While I still maintain that I'm not pissing - just making observations - it must be admitted that the organizer isn't exactly the best PR man. A LOT of people were alienated when this whole thing started. There have been online arguments between the organizer and several other people, some questionable quotes in the media, etc. The whole thing could have been presented better, the organizer could have been less ornery, and no one would have ever been pissy.

On a side note, how come you never post in the forums Dan Sheffer/ivegotcookies? Unless you had someone post this article on your behalf and then came and pretended to be an innocent bystander, you must be monitoring this board pretty closely to have randomly seen this thread and posted to it so quickly.... If you didn't know this would be posted beforehand, I bet if you stopped lurking on the boards (as many do), and started interacting with the online community more, you might win some support that you don't currently have.

Oh shit! I forgot this made you famous! Still waiting for that autograph! :look_at_the_time:
  • Options
    SMH. Don't remind me!

(that isn't the questionable quote I was referring to btw. Nothing questionable about that one!)
  • Options
    PJ_Soul said:

SMH. Don't remind me!

(that isn't the questionable quote I was referring to btw. Nothing questionable about that one!)

Don't get hostile now! :lol:
  • Options

PJ_Soul said:

SMH. Don't remind me!

Don't get hostile now! :lol:
    Raaaar! :rage:

:lol:
  • Options
    CopperTomCopperTom Posts: 2,990
    If the 10C or PJ actually supported this, I doubt all the previous threads would have been locked.

This discussion has been closed.