Options

Crowdfund for Forest Hills Concert

Comments

• Options
    pjsteelerfanpjsteelerfan Maryland Posts: 9,886
    ...got a mind full of questions and a teacher in my soul...
  • Options
    badbrainsbadbrains Posts: 10,255
    PJ_Soul said:

While I still maintain that I'm not pissing - just making observations - it must be admitted that the organizer isn't exactly the best PR man. A LOT of people were alienated when this whole thing started. There have been online arguments between the organizer and several other people, some questionable quotes in the media, etc. The whole thing could have been presented better, the organizer could have been less ornery, and no one would have ever been pissy.

On a side note, how come you never post in the forums Dan Sheffer/ivegotcookies? Unless you had someone post this article on your behalf (and pretending not to be), and then just came in when you wanted to defend yourself (fair enough defending yourself btw... I'd probably do it harder if I were you), you must be monitoring this board pretty closely to have randomly seen this thread and posted to it so quickly.... If you didn't know this would be posted beforehand, I bet if you stopped lurking on the boards (as many do), and started interacting with the online community more, you might win some support that you don't currently have.

I smell a RAT
  • Options
    BentleyspopBentleyspop Craft Beer Brewery, Colorado Posts: 10,576
    Just like an STD this comes back to aggravate and annoy people.
  • Options
    WhatYouTaughtMeWhatYouTaughtMe I have no idea what's going on right now! Posts: 4,957

Just like an STD this comes back to aggravate and annoy people.

A kid you can cut a check for, herpes is for life.
  • Options
    Don't need to post here as there are a million other places to talk Pearl Jam. This pit is a sad excuse for a "Pearl Jam community"

You guys have attempted to derail the crowdfund and poison the well from Day 1. Keep posting your delusional conspiracy theories on this. There's no need to post when this board represents maybe 1% of the "fan" community. We've done a lot of good and raised a ton for charity along the way in this endeavor. You guys can keep assuming, we'll keep this going. You can have this board, lord knows you logged on 24/7.

PJ_Soul said:

While I still maintain that I'm not pissing - just making observations - it must be admitted that the organizer isn't exactly the best PR man. A LOT of people were alienated when this whole thing started. There have been online arguments between the organizer and several other people, some questionable quotes in the media, etc. The whole thing could have been presented better, the organizer could have been less ornery, and no one would have ever been pissy.

On a side note, how come you never post in the forums Dan Sheffer/ivegotcookies? Unless you had someone post this article on your behalf (and pretending not to be), and then just came in when you wanted to defend yourself (fair enough defending yourself btw... I'd probably do it harder if I were you), you must be monitoring this board pretty closely to have randomly seen this thread and posted to it so quickly.... If you didn't know this would be posted beforehand, I bet if you stopped lurking on the boards (as many do), and started interacting with the online community more, you might win some support that you don't currently have.

" In New York as they say how the f*** ya doin'?" -Ed MSG 1 03

--
    MSG 1 '98 - MSG 1+2 '03 - Reading,PA '04 - Borgata 1 '05 - Continental Arena 1+2 '06 - Lollapalooza Chicago,IL '07-MSG 1+2 08, Mansfield 1 08, Beacon Theatre 08. MSG 1 10,PJ20 Alpine Valley, Atlanta 2012, Brooklyn 1+2 2013, Hartford 2013, Seattle 2013, Memphis 2014
  • Options
    BentleyspopBentleyspop Craft Beer Brewery, Colorado Posts: 10,576
    edited April 2015
    I don't think anyone else has said it so let me be the first....

I
    B
    T
    L
  • Options
    WhatYouTaughtMeWhatYouTaughtMe I have no idea what's going on right now! Posts: 4,957
    edited April 2015
    Oh wow. Insulting the whole board? That should gain you some support...

There's a lot of good that goes on here too. If you hate this place so much, kindly gtfo.
    Post edited by WhatYouTaughtMe on
  • Options
  • Options

That's why I don't come on here genius.

There's a lot of good that goes on here too. If you hate this place so much, kindly gtfo.

--
    MSG 1 '98 - MSG 1+2 '03 - Reading,PA '04 - Borgata 1 '05 - Continental Arena 1+2 '06 - Lollapalooza Chicago,IL '07-MSG 1+2 08, Mansfield 1 08, Beacon Theatre 08. MSG 1 10,PJ20 Alpine Valley, Atlanta 2012, Brooklyn 1+2 2013, Hartford 2013, Seattle 2013, Memphis 2014
  • Options
    And yet, here you are...

• Options
    joberschlakejoberschlake Columbus, OH Posts: 1,179
    10c, just lock the thread already.
    1998: Cleveland
    2000: Cincinnati, Columbus
    2003: Cleveland, Columbus
    2004: Toledo
    2006: Cleveland, Cincinnati, Gorge Night 1
    2008: Washington D.C.
    2009: Chicago Night 1, Seattle Night 1, Philadelphia Night 3, Philadelphia Night 4
    2010: Columbus, Indianapolis, Cleveland
    2011: Detroit EV, Chicago 1 EV
    2012: Atlanta
    2013: Chicago, Pittsburgh
    2014: Cincinnati
  • Options

10c, just lock the thread already.

Yes please. Again.
  • Options

Hahahaha
  • Options
    ivegotcookiesivegotcookies Posts: 155
    edited April 2015
    As I said way to make someone feel welcome I rest my case. WhatYoutaughtme is that you're not too bright.

And yet, here you are...

Post edited by ivegotcookies on

--
  • Options
    edited April 2015

As I said way to make someone feel welcome I rest my cast. WhatYoutaughtme is that you're not too bright.

And yet, here you are...

The irony of this post. You can insult me all you want. I certainly don't need you to validate my intelligence. Good luck with your concert. Hope it works out for you.
    Post edited by WhatYouTaughtMe on
  • Options

This
  • Options
    deadendpdeadendp Northeast Ohio Posts: 10,434
    IBTL
    2014: Cincinnati
    2016: Lexington and Wrigley 1
  • Options
    MayDay10MayDay10 Posts: 11,613
    F5
  • Options
    Catwoman1Catwoman1 Posts: 482
    I'm the OP. I want to assure everyone that I don't know the organizer, I didn't realize there have been threads on this, and I certainly didn't mean to upset any one. My son sent me the link to the story because he knows how much I love this band (and he took me to my first show). My apologies to everyone!
    You can't be neutral on a moving train.
  • Options
    mfc2006mfc2006 HTOWN Posts: 37,387
    Catwoman1 said:

I'm the OP. I want to assure everyone that I don't know the organizer, I didn't realize there have been threads on this, and I certainly didn't mean to upset any one. My son sent me the link to the story because he knows how much I love this band (and he took me to my first show). My apologies to everyone!

you have nothing to apologize for!

I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • Options
    Big Bank HankBig Bank Hank Seattle, WA Posts: 8,639
    I wish they had an ignore thread button, this would of been ignored as soon as it was posted
  • Options
    Catwoman1Catwoman1 Posts: 482
    mfc2006 said:

Catwoman1 said:

Thank you! I just want everyone to know that I did not post this on the organizer's behalf.
    You can't be neutral on a moving train.
  • Options
    mfc2006mfc2006 HTOWN Posts: 37,387
    Catwoman1 said:

mfc2006 said:

Catwoman1 said:

Thank you! I just want everyone to know that I did not post this on the organizer's behalf.
    everyone knows that. and if they don't, they do now!

I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • Options
    mfc2006 said:

Catwoman1 said:

Exactly, not your fault at all.
  • Options
    JimmyVJimmyV Boston's MetroWest Posts: 18,973
    Null

"...I changed by not changing at all..."
  • Options
    whofeelslikeadrankwhofeelslikeadrank Posts: 2,702
    edited April 2015
    :anguished:
    Post edited by whofeelslikeadrank on
    First: ATL2 04/03/1994
    Last: SEA2 08/10/2018
    Next: ??
    http://expressobeans.com/members/collections.php?id=29417
    “I think you won, but I enjoyed the fight” - EV
  • Options
    brolocobroloco Posts: 1,237
    1. OP: thanks for posting - this is news to me

2. Haters: stop hating!

3. Organizer : I applaud your idea. But you need to be positive! Don't react negatively. It's prob not helping. I want to contribute to this thing as venue is so close to me, but I haven't yet. You are giving me reason to pause.

Come on we all need to respect each other.

• Options
    broloco said:

1. OP: thanks for posting - this is news to me

2. Haters: stop hating!

3. Organizer : I applaud your idea. But you need to be positive! Don't react negatively. It's prob not helping. I want to contribute to this thing as venue is so close to me, but I haven't yet. You are giving me reason to pause.

Come on we all need to respect each other.

Thanks for the support and yes always staying positive except for the select few on here! Come join our Bring Pearl Jam to Forest Hills group on FB. Good folks . We just had our own successful vinyl giveaway. Thanks for the support !

--
  • Options
    whispering handswhispering hands Under your skin Posts: 13,527
    CopperTom said:

If the 10C or PJ actually supported this, I doubt all the previous threads would have been locked.

I tend to agree with this. Plus the guy wasn't willing to update where forward progress was made.. It seemed kinda hoaxy... Did fundraisers for years.. You don't leave sponsors hanging on where are funds are being allocated.. EVER. Things just didn't add up. But hey, if they make it.. We'll see what happens..
  • Options

CopperTom said:

If the 10C or PJ actually supported this, I doubt all the previous threads would have been locked.

I tend to agree with this. Plus the guy wasn't willing to update where forward progress was made.. It seemed kinda hoaxy... Did fundraisers for years.. You don't leave sponsors hanging on where are funds are being allocated.. EVER. Things just didn't add up. But hey, if they make it.. We'll see what happens..
    We've heard this story many times from you. Stop bringing up the same rhetoric. All funds go to the band plain and simple.

--
This discussion has been closed.