Options

Crowdfund for Forest Hills Concert

Comments

• Options

CopperTom said:

If the 10C or PJ actually supported this, I doubt all the previous threads would have been locked.

I tend to agree with this. Plus the guy wasn't willing to update where forward progress was made.. It seemed kinda hoaxy... Did fundraisers for years.. You don't leave sponsors hanging on where are funds are being allocated.. EVER. Things just didn't add up. But hey, if they make it.. We'll see what happens..
    We've heard this story many times from you. Stop bringing up the same rhetoric. All funds go to the band plain and simple.

i think this post is only asking for clarification. can the funds raised be confirmed by the band?
    First: ATL2 04/03/1994
    Last: SEA2 08/10/2018
    Next: ??
    http://expressobeans.com/members/collections.php?id=29417
    “I think you won, but I enjoyed the fight” - EV
  • Options
    WhatYouTaughtMeWhatYouTaughtMe I have no idea what's going on right now! Posts: 4,957
    edited April 2015
    broloco said:

1. OP: thanks for posting - this is news to me

2. Haters: stop hating!

3. Organizer : I applaud your idea. But you need to be positive! Don't react negatively. It's prob not helping. I want to contribute to this thing as venue is so close to me, but I haven't yet. You are giving me reason to pause.

Come on we all need to respect each other.

Just go read through the multiple threads from the first time around. My favorite was the post where he vouched for himself, a few pages before it was discovered he was in fact the organizer. Then go read where he pissed on fellow ten clubbers who were trying to get a crowdfund going to produce a record. All because he didn't like the questions people were asking about the validity of this. He even said he didn't want their donation. And shit, while we've got him here, did you or did you not pretend you stumbled across this whole idea on Facebook Dan? You were dishonest to start with. No matter what happened after that, it gave people reason to question you. It's not a damn conspiracy. So keep deflecting and insulting people all you want. I even stated multiple times I wished you luck and it would be cool if you pulled it off, I just wasn't going to get behind it personally.
    http://community.pearljam.com/discussion/240396/crowdfunded-pearl-jam-yes/p1
    Post edited by WhatYouTaughtMe on
  • Options
    badbrainsbadbrains Posts: 10,255

broloco said:

1. OP: thanks for posting - this is news to me

2. Haters: stop hating!

3. Organizer : I applaud your idea. But you need to be positive! Don't react negatively. It's prob not helping. I want to contribute to this thing as venue is so close to me, but I haven't yet. You are giving me reason to pause.

Come on we all need to respect each other.

Just go read through the multiple threads from the first time around. My favorite was the post where he vouched for himself, a few pages before it was discovered he was in fact the organizer. Then go read where he pissed on fellow ten clubbers who were trying to get a crowdfund going to produce a record. All because he didn't like the questions people were asking about the validity of this. He even said he didn't want their donation. And shit, while we've got him here, did you or did you not pretend you stumbled across this whole idea on Facebook Dan? You were dishonest to start with. No matter what happened after that, it gave people reason to question you. It's not a damn conspiracy. So keep deflecting and insulting people all you want. I even stated multiple times I wished you luck and it would be cool if you pulled it off, I just wasn't going to get behind it personally.
    All facts right here.
  • Options
    And the point is?
    " In New York as they say how the f*** ya doin'?" -Ed MSG 1 03

--
    MSG 1 '98 - MSG 1+2 '03 - Reading,PA '04 - Borgata 1 '05 - Continental Arena 1+2 '06 - Lollapalooza Chicago,IL '07-MSG 1+2 08, Mansfield 1 08, Beacon Theatre 08. MSG 1 10,PJ20 Alpine Valley, Atlanta 2012, Brooklyn 1+2 2013, Hartford 2013, Seattle 2013, Memphis 2014
  • Options
    WhatYouTaughtMeWhatYouTaughtMe I have no idea what's going on right now! Posts: 4,957

And the point is?

That you're full of shit. That's the point.
  • Options
    mfc2006mfc2006 HTOWN Posts: 37,387

CopperTom said:

If the 10C or PJ actually supported this, I doubt all the previous threads would have been locked.

I tend to agree with this. Plus the guy wasn't willing to update where forward progress was made.. It seemed kinda hoaxy... Did fundraisers for years.. You don't leave sponsors hanging on where are funds are being allocated.. EVER. Things just didn't add up. But hey, if they make it.. We'll see what happens..
    We've heard this story many times from you. Stop bringing up the same rhetoric. All funds go to the band plain and simple.

I call BS.

You can't possibly ignore how you've handled this in the past. Or, maybe you can.

Just go.

I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • Options
    whispering handswhispering hands Under your skin Posts: 13,527
    edited April 2015

CopperTom said:

So if all the money is going to the band, who's paying for all the secondary incidentals?? And how is the fact that you're relying on other people make this happen for you, NOT sponsorship? If this is in fact a fundraiser for this event, every donor IS a sponsor. Just sayin..
    Post edited by whispering hands on
  • Options

And the point is?

Case closed, good night. Let's go Rangers!
  • Options
    Do I need to clear my cookies?
  • Options

And the point is?

Thanks for the vote of confidence! Keep posting about how you want Pearl Jam condoms !

--
    MSG 1 '98 - MSG 1+2 '03 - Reading,PA '04 - Borgata 1 '05 - Continental Arena 1+2 '06 - Lollapalooza Chicago,IL '07-MSG 1+2 08, Mansfield 1 08, Beacon Theatre 08. MSG 1 10,PJ20 Alpine Valley, Atlanta 2012, Brooklyn 1+2 2013, Hartford 2013, Seattle 2013, Memphis 2014
  • Options

And the point is?

Thanks for the vote of confidence! Keep posting about how you want Pearl Jam condoms !
    Drink responsibly.....
  • Options

And the point is?

Always practice safe sex. Just saying
  • Options
    badbrains said:

And the point is?

Too bad his parents didn't...
  • Options

badbrains said:

And the point is?

Classy ! I'll have you know I was a orphan!

--
  • Options

badbrains said:

And the point is?

Classy ! I'll have you know I was a orphan!

And the point is?
  • Options
    whispering handswhispering hands Under your skin Posts: 13,527
    Lmao once I was arguing with this chick back when I was on FB, and he attacked my sister.. So I went to defend my dis, and her name was Amber Whiiten Sipes.. So I post:

I was going to come here and ream you a new crap trap, but then I read your name and realized if you just switched two little letters.. You'd be Amber Shitten Wipes! So I
    Feel too bad to be any more mean to you than your parents were.

Her response?

How could you make fun of m
    My name? I'M ADOPTED!!

My reply.. There was a reason for that!!

I hate when people hide behind personal drama as a defense.
  • Options

Lmao once I was arguing with this chick back when I was on FB, and he attacked my sister.. So I went to defend my dis, and her name was Amber Whiiten Sipes.. So I post:

I was going to come here and ream you a new crap trap, but then I read your name and realized if you just switched two little letters.. You'd be Amber Shitten Wipes! So I

Her response?

My name? I'M ADOPTED!!

He's turned into a troll. I doubt much he says at this point is true. I'm starting to believe he thinks any publicity is good publicity for his cause. I'm not going to feed the troll any longer. I'm done bumping any thread that has anything to do with this. Peace.
  • Options

Her response?

My name? I'M ADOPTED!!

He's turned into a troll. I doubt much he says at this point is true. I'm starting to believe he thinks any publicity is good publicity for his cause. I'm not going to feed the troll any longer. I'm done bumping any thread that has anything to do with this. Peace.

You just bumped it ! Enjoy !

--
  • Options
    Big Bank HankBig Bank Hank Seattle, WA Posts: 8,639
    when you argue with idiots, they eventually bring you down to their level, this entire thread is just nonsense, this Isn't Larry Ellison paying the band 2 million to play Oracle's employee night, this shit is never going to happen, completely useless waste of energy
  • Options
    RKCNDYRKCNDY Seattle, WA Posts: 31,013

Do I need to clear my cookies?

No, somebody already has them...guess who?
    The joy of life comes from our encounters with new experiences, and hence there is no greater joy than to have an endlessly changing horizon, for each day to have a new and different sun.

- Christopher McCandless
  • Options
    joberschlakejoberschlake Columbus, OH Posts: 1,179
    10c forum, where negativity and being hateful to one and other is deemed cool.

This thread is a perfect example of why so many people don't post on this site and only hover around looking for info about tours and merchandise sales.
    1998: Cleveland
    2000: Cincinnati, Columbus
    2003: Cleveland, Columbus
    2004: Toledo
    2006: Cleveland, Cincinnati, Gorge Night 1
    2008: Washington D.C.
    2009: Chicago Night 1, Seattle Night 1, Philadelphia Night 3, Philadelphia Night 4
    2010: Columbus, Indianapolis, Cleveland
    2011: Detroit EV, Chicago 1 EV
    2012: Atlanta
    2013: Chicago, Pittsburgh
    2014: Cincinnati
  • Options
    PP193448PP193448 Here Posts: 4,281
    So Dan made some mistakes along the start. I've quietly observed the threads. Just seems like maybe it could have worked better, and maybe it might get pulled off. Don't think anyone knows if the band would do it, unless you are in the band or personally know them. It's all speculation at this point. I hope that the band considers it even though I personally have not backed this, nor would I probably find the time to attend this possible show...kids, work, time, not in my back yard/neighborhood. Anyway, best of luck. Let's just keep these posts pleasant and positive. Stop trashing people out. No one has been ripped of by these guys to date have they? Good luck. Have a wonderful day!! :peace:
    2006 Clev,Pitt; 2008 NY MSGx2; 2010 Columbus; 2012 Missoula; 2013 Phoenix,Vancouver,Seattle; 2014 Cincy; 2016 Lex, Wrigley 1&2; 2018 Wrigley 1&2; 2022 Louisville
  • Options
    JimmyVJimmyV Boston's MetroWest Posts: 18,973

"...I changed by not changing at all..."
  • Options
    bootlegger10bootlegger10 Posts: 15,584
    edited April 2015
    Looking only at the money raised compared to the goal, I think it is time to shut this thing down. Unless there is some involvement from the band already or some benevolent millionaire out there willing to donate, it seems like a lost cause. I am just being realistic. Nothing wrong with trying (even though I thought and still think it is a silly idea and thrilled that the band decided to make decisions for itself to go to South America instead of some dump in Queens). I prefer crowdfunding shows PJ wants to play like I did when I bought tickets to Santiago and Bogota.

Pearl Jam....crowdfunding concerts since 1990.
    Post edited by bootlegger10 on
  • Options
    MayDay10MayDay10 Posts: 11,612
    To be fair, this guy has apologized for his "rollout" back when it started. Just kind of a bad decision at the time... and it seems he cant live it down.

To me, I'm not a huge fan of this idea.
    I knew that a crowdfund would be inevitable to call for PJ to play somewhere on the heels of the Foo Fighters thing. However, (from the sidelines) this one felt like it was rushed to get put out there without nearly enough planning or man(fan)power. For example, like 20% of the funds are (or at least were) from a pool that was $1000 for a mystery bag of goodies. So who funds the mystery bag of goodies? The crowdfund? In that case, it is dead money and cant go toward putting on the show. What is the mystery bag of goodies? Are people going to be mad and disappointed? Its vague.
    Based on Wishlists' communications, it almost felt like this was intentionally rolled out hastily to get out there sooner (although haven't seen a Wishlist one).
    The organizer also seemed to not have a good response for a lot of questions/criticism early on, which created a lot of the animosity.

Then location... I would have more support if it were somewhere PJ hasn't played, at least in awhile. How many shows has PJ played the past 5-10 years within a 2 hour drive of Queens, NY? So this campaign seems like it just brings the band closer to someone's backyard, to a venue that is nostalgic to a couple people. Not to mention it is a great distance from the band themselves (which increases cost).

If the band were to play the show somehow. I think the aftermath would be a lot of crowdfund attempts all over... I'm not a big fan of the concept of things like the request threads (thats a whole different issue I wont get into)... but typically I like to see the band do what they want to do organically. With a lot of crowdfunds out there, how long until someone walks off with money?

• Options
    PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,680
    edited April 2015

Don't need to post here as there are a million other places to talk Pearl Jam. This pit is a sad excuse for a "Pearl Jam community"

You guys have attempted to derail the crowdfund and poison the well from Day 1. Keep posting your delusional conspiracy theories on this. There's no need to post when this board represents maybe 1% of the "fan" community. We've done a lot of good and raised a ton for charity along the way in this endeavor. You guys can keep assuming, we'll keep this going. You can have this board, lord knows you logged on 24/7.

Sorry, but that is the poor PR I was talking about.
    The online community is composed of a lot of people - it's not just the people who post a lot. It's everyone who reads the boards, and that is a lot of people (1%? Where'd you get that?). I mean, you personally are on here reading the boards often enough to have jumped on a thread about your own campaign almost immediately after someone posted about it, so it can't be said that you aren't here with all of us scumbags who you apparently don't think of as fans even though most of the people who post here are are actually very active members of the PJ fan community IRL, the people at the fundraisers, the people at the preparties, the people next to you at the shows, and the people visiting those million other places to talk Pearl Jam that you mention. You just insulted and praised the same people. Meanwhile, you base your campaign on Facebook of all places. Dude, we know what goes on over in FB land, so your statement is pretty hypocritical. I have seen way more horrible stuff on the PJ facebook pages than would ever be seen on this board, and on a much more consistent basis, so come on, get real.

You might want to keep in mind that the general public can read these boards (you also know that these boards can be and have been quoted by the media), so perhaps it's not the best PR move to come on here and make the kind of statements you just did. It's that kind of thing that I was pointing out. Your whole campaign would have been way more successful if it weren't for you saying stuff like that. Remember, we're not the ones trying to sell something. You are. If you think what you say here and other people's perceptions here don't make a difference you are the one who's delusional. As for "attempting to derail your crowdfund"... Dude, people expressing their opinions of it is fair game. I actually think that YOU have derailed your crowdfund, with the kind of behaviour that you have continued here in this thread. For me personally, at the beginning, I just wasn't a fan of the venue and it's curfew... As time went on, YOU were responsible for my increasingly negative feelings about the campaign (not the potential end result, but the campaign itself; the presentation), and i know there are others who can say the same. And i am not hating on you (the way you just hated on everyone on the 10C boards). I don't know you. I am just critiquing your campaigning methods (and your apparent assumption that the people on the boards are worthless).

Tact: important when attempting to raise $1,000,000.

To the OP - sorry, I didn't mean to make an actual accusation and should have considered you more when I posted that. I was just mentioning the possibilities, but thought I more assumed ivegitcookies is a frequent lurker on this board where he hates everyone, but wasn't totally sure, so brought up the other possibility just in case!
    Post edited by PJ_Soul on
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    hsohihsohi Posts: 1,033
    MayDay10 said:

To be fair, this guy has apologized for his "rollout" back when it started. Just kind of a bad decision at the time... and it seems he cant live it down.

To me, I'm not a huge fan of this idea.
    I knew that a crowdfund would be inevitable to call for PJ to play somewhere on the heels of the Foo Fighters thing. However, (from the sidelines) this one felt like it was rushed to get put out there without nearly enough planning or man(fan)power. For example, like 20% of the funds are (or at least were) from a pool that was $1000 for a mystery bag of goodies. So who funds the mystery bag of goodies? The crowdfund? In that case, it is dead money and cant go toward putting on the show. What is the mystery bag of goodies? Are people going to be mad and disappointed? Its vague.
    Based on Wishlists' communications, it almost felt like this was intentionally rolled out hastily to get out there sooner (although haven't seen a Wishlist one).
    The organizer also seemed to not have a good response for a lot of questions/criticism early on, which created a lot of the animosity.

Then location... I would have more support if it were somewhere PJ hasn't played, at least in awhile. How many shows has PJ played the past 5-10 years within a 2 hour drive of Queens, NY? So this campaign seems like it just brings the band closer to someone's backyard, to a venue that is nostalgic to a couple people. Not to mention it is a great distance from the band themselves (which increases cost).

If the band were to play the show somehow. I think the aftermath would be a lot of crowdfund attempts all over... I'm not a big fan of the concept of things like the request threads (thats a whole different issue I wont get into)... but typically I like to see the band do what they want to do organically. With a lot of crowdfunds out there, how long until someone walks off with money?

Excellent post.
    London Ontario 2013, Buffalo New York 2013, Lincoln Nebraska 2014, Quebec City 2016
  • Options
    We appreciate everyone's concerns feedback good bad or indifferent . Sorry for any animosity as these debates can get heated. I invite everyone to donate to the charity of their choice if nothing else. Especially EB Research Partnership. Never said I was the best spokesperson. Just a fan. Wish you all the best.

--
  • Options
    mfc2006mfc2006 HTOWN Posts: 37,387
    PJ_Soul said:

Don't need to post here as there are a million other places to talk Pearl Jam. This pit is a sad excuse for a "Pearl Jam community"

You guys have attempted to derail the crowdfund and poison the well from Day 1. Keep posting your delusional conspiracy theories on this. There's no need to post when this board represents maybe 1% of the "fan" community. We've done a lot of good and raised a ton for charity along the way in this endeavor. You guys can keep assuming, we'll keep this going. You can have this board, lord knows you logged on 24/7.

Sorry, but that is the poor PR I was talking about.
    The online community is composed of a lot of people - it's not just the people who post a lot. It's everyone who reads the boards, and that is a lot of people (1%? Where'd you get that?). I mean, you personally are on here reading the boards often enough to have jumped on a thread about your own campaign almost immediately after someone posted about it, so it can't be said that you aren't here with all of us scumbags who you apparently don't think of as fans even though most of the people who post here are are actually very active members of the PJ fan community IRL, the people at the fundraisers, the people at the preparties, the people next to you at the shows, and the people visiting those million other places to talk Pearl Jam that you mention. You just insulted and praised the same people. Meanwhile, you base your campaign on Facebook of all places. Dude, we know what goes on over in FB land, so your statement is pretty hypocritical. I have seen way more horrible stuff on the PJ facebook pages than would ever be seen on this board, and on a much more consistent basis, so come on, get real.

You might want to keep in mind that the general public can read these boards (you also know that these boards can be and have been quoted by the media), so perhaps it's not the best PR move to come on here and make the kind of statements you just did. It's that kind of thing that I was pointing out. Your whole campaign would have been way more successful if it weren't for you saying stuff like that. Remember, we're not the ones trying to sell something. You are. If you think what you say here and other people's perceptions here don't make a difference you are the one who's delusional. As for "attempting to derail your crowdfund"... Dude, people expressing their opinions of it is fair game. I actually think that YOU have derailed your crowdfund, with the kind of behaviour that you have continued here in this thread. For me personally, at the beginning, I just wasn't a fan of the venue and it's curfew... As time went on, YOU were responsible for my increasingly negative feelings about the campaign (not the potential end result, but the campaign itself; the presentation), and i know there are others who can say the same. And i am not hating on you (the way you just hated on everyone on the 10C boards). I don't know you. I am just critiquing your campaigning methods (and your apparent assumption that the people on the boards are worthless).

Tact: important when attempting to raise $1,000,000.

To the OP - sorry, I didn't mean to make an actual accusation and should have considered you more when I posted that. I was just mentioning the possibilities, but thought I more assumed ivegitcookies is a frequent lurker on this board where he hates everyone, but wasn't totally sure, so brought up the other possibility just in case!
    very well said.

I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • Options
    PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,680
    edited April 2015

We appreciate everyone's concerns feedback good bad or indifferent . Sorry for any animosity as these debates can get heated. I invite everyone to donate to the charity of their choice if nothing else. Especially EB Research Partnership. Never said I was the best spokesperson. Just a fan. Wish you all the best.

There ya go.
    That was gracious.

(And btw, all else aside, I don't feel like there is anything "shady" about this financially, as some have wondered. That particular bit of speculation has seemed unfair).
    Post edited by PJ_Soul on
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
This discussion has been closed.