Options

Crowdfund for Forest Hills Concert

124»

Comments

• Options
    badbrainsbadbrains Posts: 10,255
    PJ_Soul said:

Don't need to post here as there are a million other places to talk Pearl Jam. This pit is a sad excuse for a "Pearl Jam community"

You guys have attempted to derail the crowdfund and poison the well from Day 1. Keep posting your delusional conspiracy theories on this. There's no need to post when this board represents maybe 1% of the "fan" community. We've done a lot of good and raised a ton for charity along the way in this endeavor. You guys can keep assuming, we'll keep this going. You can have this board, lord knows you logged on 24/7.

Sorry, but that is the poor PR I was talking about.
    The online community is composed of a lot of people - it's not just the people who post a lot. It's everyone who reads the boards, and that is a lot of people (1%? Where'd you get that?). I mean, you personally are on here reading the boards often enough to have jumped on a thread about your own campaign almost immediately after someone posted about it, so it can't be said that you aren't here with all of us scumbags who you apparently don't think of as fans even though most of the people who post here are are actually very active members of the PJ fan community IRL, the people at the fundraisers, the people at the preparties, the people next to you at the shows, and the people visiting those million other places to talk Pearl Jam that you mention. You just insulted and praised the same people. Meanwhile, you base your campaign on Facebook of all places. Dude, we know what goes on over in FB land, so your statement is pretty hypocritical. I have seen way more horrible stuff on the PJ facebook pages than would ever be seen on this board, and on a much more consistent basis, so come on, get real.

You might want to keep in mind that the general public can read these boards (you also know that these boards can be and have been quoted by the media), so perhaps it's not the best PR move to come on here and make the kind of statements you just did. It's that kind of thing that I was pointing out. Your whole campaign would have been way more successful if it weren't for you saying stuff like that. Remember, we're not the ones trying to sell something. You are. If you think what you say here and other people's perceptions here don't make a difference you are the one who's delusional. As for "attempting to derail your crowdfund"... Dude, people expressing their opinions of it is fair game. I actually think that YOU have derailed your crowdfund, with the kind of behaviour that you have continued here in this thread. For me personally, at the beginning, I just wasn't a fan of the venue and it's curfew... As time went on, YOU were responsible for my increasingly negative feelings about the campaign (not the potential end result, but the campaign itself; the presentation), and i know there are others who can say the same. And i am not hating on you (the way you just hated on everyone on the 10C boards). I don't know you. I am just critiquing your campaigning methods (and your apparent assumption that the people on the boards are worthless).

Tact: important when attempting to raise $1,000,000.

To the OP - sorry, I didn't mean to make an actual accusation and should have considered you more when I posted that. I was just mentioning the possibilities, but thought I more assumed ivegitcookies is a frequent lurker on this board where he hates everyone, but wasn't totally sure, so brought up the other possibility just in case!
    What she said. And that's hard for me to say. Haha
  • Options
    PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,680
    Admit it - you love me. =)

:lol:
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    Abe FromanAbe Froman Posts: 5,111

We appreciate everyone's concerns feedback good bad or indifferent . Sorry for any animosity as these debates can get heated. I invite everyone to donate to the charity of their choice if nothing else. Especially EB Research Partnership. Never said I was the best spokesperson. Just a fan. Wish you all the best.

Well said man. You'd get a lot further with more posts like this instead of insulting entire groups on the forums when people have legit questions/concerns.
  • Options
    SeaSea Earth Posts: 2,943
    Too many violations of the Posting Guidelines.
    Posting Guidelines

1. Be nice. We're very big on RESPECT here. Respect for each other, the band and the Ten Club Community forum environment. Please think of it as if you are as a guest in someone else's home. Please do not put your posting privileges at risk.

2. Discuss, disagree and debate politely. It's possible to disagree with people without being abusive, and it's a requirement here. This includes abusive Private Messages.

etc..
    Please read them:
    http://community.pearljam.com/discussion/228366/forum-posting-guidelines
This discussion has been closed.