Options

Got my RSD mystery package today

Comments

• Options
    HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,898
    tino_11 said:

Zod said:

Black RNDM and 7" No More. Not overly enthusiastic as I already won rndm and my wife got one as well (so we now have 3 rndm's). I guess the 7" no more is ok but I do have one in my ITW vinyl already...

It does feel like Canada got the shaft (several exceptions noted). At least I didn't get a side project/black lb and a recent xmas single. Those seem to be the worst packages I've been (only because you could buy that stuff on the open market for cheaper than what you paid in the mystery vinyl contest).

interested in dumping that No More 7"?

If I get it, it's yours!
    Well that would be awesome!

Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    FrankY59FrankY59 Posts: 1,049
    Where the hell is Riot Act? I want to give the BIG winner of Riot Act my phone number so I can listen to my favorite album on vinyl finally.
  • Options
    Massara133Massara133 Stettler AB Canada Posts: 430
    Red LB with No Jeremy/Falling Down landed in Canada!

Thanks 10Club!
  • Options
    nando1979nando1979 Castlerock (Northern Ireland) Posts: 82
    Spags said:

Northern Ireland did well then! Is that 2 Avocados there now?

No mate, think it's just me. I noticed folks were updating in here as well so thought I better do likewise!
    If hope could grow from dirt like me, it can be done.......
  • Options
    nando1979nando1979 Castlerock (Northern Ireland) Posts: 82
    Croos1226 said:

nando1979 said:

Forgot to update in here, Avocado and 2011 Xmas single here in Northern Ireland

Congrats Nando, that's a sweet haul! By the way, the new ASIWYFA is killer!
    Thanks Croos!

I haven't managed to get listening to the new ASIWYFA yet but it's on my list to do, glad you're enjoying it
    If hope could grow from dirt like me, it can be done.......
  • Options
    SuzyntheqSuzyntheq Posts: 48
    Orange RNDM and No Jeremy in Newcastle NSW.
  • Options
    pdalowskypdalowsky Doncaster,UK Posts: 14,739
    Black lightning bolt and xmas single (crown of thorns), you win some you lose some.....

twas fun at least
  • Options
    tino_11tino_11 Posts: 1,985

tino_11 said:

Zod said:

Black RNDM and 7" No More. Not overly enthusiastic as I already won rndm and my wife got one as well (so we now have 3 rndm's). I guess the 7" no more is ok but I do have one in my ITW vinyl already...

It does feel like Canada got the shaft (several exceptions noted). At least I didn't get a side project/black lb and a recent xmas single. Those seem to be the worst packages I've been (only because you could buy that stuff on the open market for cheaper than what you paid in the mystery vinyl contest).

interested in dumping that No More 7"?

If I get it, it's yours!
    Well that would be awesome!

I got a 2010 single, sorry I couldn't help. Will keep a watch out for you though in case any crop up.
    2010: London
    2012: Manchester I, Manchester II, Manchester (EV) 
    2014: Milan, Leeds, Milton Keynes 
    2017: London II (EV) 
    2018: Amsterdam I, London I, Prague, London II 
    2019: London (EV)
    2022: London I, London II, Budapest, Krakow, Amsterdam
  • Options
    pledgeagrievancepledgeagrievance Posts: 2,829

Arrived in SK and... disappointment, as I got two things I already own. No Jeremy single and Lightning Bolt (no idea what color). Should have known, I never win the lottery. Whether I buy a scratcher for a buck or a 100 dollar ticket to a mystery vinyl lottery. Guess I'll see if HMV will take my Lightning Bolt for a store credit, haha. Win some, lose many : ) Maybe next time I'll get something I need, until then, holler if you got a PJ double and want to trade!

Lose many? At least u were able to buy a mystery vinyl and didn't get shut out.
  • Options
    LiveAtLeedsLiveAtLeeds Posts: 143

Arrived in SK and... disappointment, as I got two things I already own. No Jeremy single and Lightning Bolt (no idea what color). Should have known, I never win the lottery. Whether I buy a scratcher for a buck or a 100 dollar ticket to a mystery vinyl lottery. Guess I'll see if HMV will take my Lightning Bolt for a store credit, haha. Win some, lose many : ) Maybe next time I'll get something I need, until then, holler if you got a PJ double and want to trade!

Lose many? At least u were able to buy a mystery vinyl and didn't get shut out.
    I'm sure he'll happily sell you his package for $70. I know I'd sell you mine for that :) the way this worked out, anyone outside the US had a much smaller chance of getting anything decent.
  • Options
    my2handsmy2hands Posts: 17,117
    I think they should not offer the Benny's next time so people that actually collect and listen to vinyl have a shot... I bet 75% of the people that bought a mystery vinyl don't even have a record player, they just took a shot at a Benny
  • Options
    JammalamboJammalambo Posts: 1,321
    my2hands said:

I think they should not offer the Benny's next time so people that actually collect and listen to vinyl have a shot... I bet 75% of the people that bought a mystery vinyl don't even have a record player, they just took a shot at a Benny

I disagree, obviously anyone who bought the mystery vinyl was hoping for something rare, like PJ20 colored, blue or orange fixer, or out of print studio albums.. no one wanted side projects or easy to find xmas singles, but it was a gamble anyway.. I'm still waiting for mine to arrive, and I'm in Europe, so I perfectly know I will either get a package worth $30 for the 100 euro (almost) that I spent, or something worth the price.. I'm fine with that.
    Benny or not Benny, and if and when they will offer again something similar in the future, people will still jump on it if something rare or desirable is included in the list.
  • Options
    PJNewfiePJNewfie Posts: 6
    Tres Mtns. and EV- LBC in Northern Ontario, Canada last week....
    I'm good with this considering I have everything else I need (want). New vinyl any day in the mail is a good day :rock_on:
    2003: Missoula, Vancouver
    2005: Winnipeg, Thunder Bay, St.John's 1&2
    2006: St. Paul 1&2
    2011: Hamilton, Winnipeg
    2013: Calgary
  • Options
    ZodZod Posts: 10,331
    edited May 2015

my2hands said:

I disagree, obviously anyone who bought the mystery vinyl was hoping for something rare, like PJ20 colored, blue or orange fixer, or out of print studio albums.. no one wanted side projects or easy to find xmas singles, but it was a gamble anyway.. I'm still waiting for mine to arrive, and I'm in Europe, so I perfectly know I will either get a package worth $30 for the 100 euro (almost) that I spent, or something worth the price.. I'm fine with that.
    Benny or not Benny, and if and when they will offer again something similar in the future, people will still jump on it if something rare or desirable is included in the list.
    Maybe. For me it's about playing the odds. When they first announced the mystery vinyl sale I thought maybe I had a 50/50 chance of getting something rare. That was something I was willing to pay $96 Canadian on. Instead we saw most of the rare vinyl get shipped out in the first few days to the US (I don't think any of the coloured pj20's made it outside the US). Thus the odds of international 10c'ers (especially Canadians) of getting something good were insanely low. If they do this again I'm going to have to think twice, because there's no real point in pay $100 for a lottery ticket where you have nearly zero chance of winning. Hopefully if the 10c does it again they put a little more effort into randomizing the mailout of the packages.
    Post edited by Zod on
  • Options
    dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam NINUNINOPRO Posts: 139,354
    The one i ordered had pj20 black and mlb 7'...had both already
    that was fun 10c..thanks..
    good luck to the rest waiting their packages
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Options
    jrock60jrock60 Posts: 76
    FrankY59 said:

Where the hell is Riot Act? I want to give the BIG winner of Riot Act my phone number so I can listen to my favorite album on vinyl finally.

Still trying to trade it for Lost Dogs preferably on these boards. I spin my other copy ll the time, love this album!
    I'll ride the wave...
  • Options
    SPEEDY MCCREADYSPEEDY MCCREADY Posts: 24,856
    So where are the other 3-8 Benny's?
    Take me piece by piece.....
    Till there aint nothing left worth taking away from me.....
  • Options
    lexicondevillexicondevil Bay Area Posts: 1,937

So where are the other 3-8 Benny's?

Coming soon to Ebay? I'd bet that some people who got one already have one and plan on selling, so probably aren't broadcasting their good fortune.
    1991- Hollywood Palladium, California with Temple of the Dog, Soundgarden, and Alice in Chains -RIP Magazine Show Oct. 6th
    1992- Lollapalooza, Irvine, California
    Nothing since then. I suck.
    2016- Fenway Park, Boston - Both glorious nights
    2022- Oakland Night 2
    2024 Sacramento, CA
  • Options
    FR181798FR181798 Posts: 2,166
    I am happy with my Red Lightning Bolt and happy for everyone who got something good but it does seem like 10c sent the stuff out based on our locations and even hand picked some. Why not shuffle them and let everyone have the same odds.
  • Options
    arnhem1976arnhem1976 Posts: 647
    Ladies and gentlemen!!! Christmas came early this year!!! It's Benny the red nosed reindeer :-P
  • Options
    SPEEDY MCCREADYSPEEDY MCCREADY Posts: 24,856

Ladies and gentlemen!!! Christmas came early this year!!! It's Benny the red nosed reindeer :-P

BENNY #3 has arrived?

CONGRATS!!!!
    Take me piece by piece.....
    Till there aint nothing left worth taking away from me.....
  • Options
    wgwg Posts: 411

You dog you! Congratulations.

Spin spin!
  • Options
    mfc2006mfc2006 HTOWN Posts: 37,386

Nice!

I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • Options
    monkeewrenchmonkeewrench Posts: 946

Congrats!
  • Options
    scottiek2scottiek2 Australia Posts: 16
    A 2lb 4oz just landed here in Ballarat, Australia.

Moonlander LP & Bu$hleaguer 7". Don't have either of them but not exaclty on my wishlist either! Still - a bit of fun and would 100% do it again if 10C did another one. Thanks 10C!
  • Options
    HesCalledDyerHesCalledDyer Maryland Posts: 16,420

:joy::triumph::plus_one:
  • Options
    loffy81loffy81 Posts: 153

Congratulations mate, Some packages showing up in Australia now so hopefully mine's not to far away.
  • Options
    AB306963AB306963 Australia Posts: 2
    Tres Mtns & a 10" lavender Music For Film here in Australia!
  • Options
    JustaPJFanJustaPJFan Posts: 710

Epic to see this in The Netherlands! Still awaiting mine.