mrk2 said:

Flashback to the days when buying vinyl from 10C wasn't so mysterious

Damn it
  • Options
    emjotemjot Posts: 2,722
    mrk2 said:

Oh holy shit. WOW.

PJ * 2010 * Belfast * 2012 * Manchester 1 * Manchester 2 * Berlin 1 * Berlin 2 * 2014 * Amsterdam 1 * Amsterdam 2 * Berlin * Leeds * Milton Keynes *
    EV * 2012 * Manchester * London 1 * London 2 * 2017 * Dublin * Cork *
  • Options
    reisgerichtreisgericht Posts: 90
    mrk2 said:

Hahaha, I've been avoiding looking back into the old newsletters to prevent myself from kicking my own ass for not buying the records back then!
  • Options
    keithlaw1974keithlaw1974 Blacko, UK Posts: 137
    I wanted Avocado in my mystery box as the only major miss from my collection (apart from Benny), didn't get it so I bought it today for an awesome price (Mint too)......very happy with that, better than my Black LB in Mystery box anyway!
    London, England 06-25-2010, Belfast, Northern Ireland 06-23-2010, Berlin, Germany 07-04-2012, Manchester, UK 06-20-2012, Seattle, WA 12-06-2013, Amsterdam, Holland 06-16-2014, Berlin, Germany 06-26-2014, Leeds, UK 07-08-2014, Milton Keynes, UK 07-11-2014, New York MSG 1 & 2
    Eddie Vedder Solo - London, England 07-30-1012
  • Options
    KB190734KB190734 Posts: 6
    Live in Calgary but had my mystery vinyl sent to Denver where my husband works. Package was missing for 12 days and was finally found behind a shelf in the mail room. Thankful for the troops who spent a lot of time looking for it for me! Got Live on Ten Legs and MLB single.
  • Options
    Leezestarr313Leezestarr313 Temple of the cat Posts: 14,346
    morello said:

just_one said:

So as far as Bennys go we got this so far right? USA , Canada , Netherlands right?

Why'd I think Leeze lived in Germany?
    She used to live in Germany but moved to the US to marry Cav & generally be closer to more PJ parties!! :flushed:
    :lol: My main reason for the move was to be closer to Cav! The PJ stuff just came as a nice little thing on the side, but we have actually still traveled a lot abroad for PJ too :)

Congrats on the Avo, IgotshitID!

• Options
    morellomorello Auckland, New Zealand Posts: 6,211
    edited May 2015

morello said:

just_one said:

So as far as Bennys go we got this so far right? USA , Canada , Netherlands right?

Why'd I think Leeze lived in Germany?
    She used to live in Germany but moved to the US to marry Cav & generally be closer to more PJ parties!! :flushed:
    :lol: My main reason for the move was to be closer to Cav! The PJ stuff just came as a nice little thing on the side, but we have actually still traveled a lot abroad for PJ too :)

Congrats on the Avo, IgotshitID!

The 2nd bit was a joke Leeze!! :grin: I absolutely know your main reason was to be with Cav!! :heart:
    <hr>
    PJ - Auckland 2009; Alpine Valley1&2 2011; Man1, Am'dam1&2, Berlin1&2, Stockholm, Oslo & Copenhagen 2012; LA, Oakland, Portland, Spokane, Calgary, Vancouver, Seattle 2013; Auckland 2014
    EV - Canberra, Newcastle & Sydney 1&2 2011
  • Options
    lotsalemonlotsalemon Boston Posts: 2,735

Cost of a CD more than vinyl...those were the days.
    Mansfield 06.28.2008 | Boston 05.17.2010 | Boston 06.19.2011 EV solo | Wrigley Field 07.19.2013 | Worcester 10.15.2013 | Worcester 10.16.2013 | Hartford 10.25.2013
    Vancouver 12.04.2013 | Seattle 12.06.2013 | Memphis 10.14.2014 | Quebec City 05.05.2016 | Ottawa 05.08.2016 | Toronto 05.11.2016 | Boston 08.05.2016 | Boston 08.07.2016 | Amsterdam 06.12.2018 | Boston 09.02.2018 | Boston 09.04.2018

• Options
    2-feign-reluctance2-feign-reluctance TigerTown, USA Posts: 23,188
    Reissue them all and drop the bloated market.
    www.cluthelee.com
  • Options
    wgwg Posts: 411

Reissue them all and drop the bloated market.

And take my money
  • Options
    FR181798FR181798 Posts: 2,166
    mrk2 said:

Ah ...I paid £14.99 for my vinyl copy of Riot Act in the UK, should have known I was getting ripped off. :anguished:
  • Options
    Force Of NatureForce Of Nature Hertfordshire, England Posts: 953
    FR181798 said:

mrk2 said:

Ah ...I paid £14.99 for my vinyl copy of Riot Act in the UK, should have known I was getting ripped off. :anguished:
    I'll buy it off you for £20. You can make £5.01 profit, think of all the things you can get with that...
  • Options
    PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,682
    wg said:

mrk2 said:

Damn it
    The Riot Act CD costs more than the LP, lol. FML.
    I am happy to say that a good portion of the regrets in my life are based around my failure to buy vinyl as it came out during the 90s and 00s, lol.
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    HussaHussa Posts: 111
    Opened mine late last night here in Lethbridge, Alberta: orange RNDM Acts & STBC/TC 7".
    Sept. 4, 2005 - Calgary Saddledome
    Sept. 21, 2011 - Calgary Saddledome
    Dec. 2, 2013 - "THE BLIZZARD SHOW" -Calgary Saddledome
  • Options
    SuzyntheqSuzyntheq Posts: 48
    I got an Orange RNDM Acts in Newcastle, Australia. Are we the only ones? Haven't seen it mentioned elsewhere.
  • Options
    just_onejust_one Lisbon Posts: 1,987
    its here!!!! (Portugal)

2.085 Lbs

cant open right now because i promised my wife we would open it together :)

anyone got the same weight as me? what did you get?
  • Options
    JustaPJFanJustaPJFan Posts: 710
    Nothing again today...
  • Options
    Force Of NatureForce Of Nature Hertfordshire, England Posts: 953
    just_one said:

its here!!!! (Portugal)

2.085 Lbs

Man, you have some good restraint. Mine lasted about 30 seconds after I received it before opening.
  • Options

just_one said:

its here!!!! (Portugal)

2.085 Lbs

Man, you have some good restraint. Mine lasted about 30 seconds after I received it before opening.
    a promise is a promise :)

just went home for lunch and left it there for later.

its great because i dont get to see it at work no more and thinking "gotta open it!!! " lol

a bit worried about the weight...hope i dont get a side project(except ed) , Live on 10 legs, Lightning bolt or ten (i got those already)
  • Options
    2-feign-reluctance2-feign-reluctance TigerTown, USA Posts: 23,188
    Ah, back before vinyl as all the rage. I think I spent $30 on a few studio albums through the fanclub.
    www.cluthelee.com
  • Options
    UnthoughtNameUnthoughtName Posts: 192
    just_one said:

just_one said:

its here!!!! (Portugal)

2.085 Lbs

its great because i dont get to see it at work no more and thinking "gotta open it!!! " lol

a bit worried about the weight...hope i dont get a side project(except ed) , Live on 10 legs, Lightning bolt or ten (i got those already)
    I hate to be the one to tell you but your wife is at home opening it while you're at work...
    Settings > Signature Settings > Hide Signatures Always
  • Options
    edited May 2015

just_one said:

just_one said:

its here!!!! (Portugal)

2.085 Lbs

I hate to be the one to tell you but your wife is at home opening it while you're at work...
    ahaha she´s working too ;)

went back a few pages and saw someone got an Avocato with the same weight as me...i´ll go nuts if i get an Avocato as well :)

shouldnt really get my hopes up...
    Post edited by just_one on
  • Options
    Jamer196Jamer196 Posts: 349
    Just got mine in Portugal with 2,4 Lbs:

Live on Ten Legs and No Jeremy.

Already have the No Jeremy will try to trade it or sell it.
  • Options
    steinbasteinba Posts: 110
    Seems there's a coulpe of Avocados that's been popping up in Sweden today. Hope that's what all of Scandinavia is getting. ..or maybe we're getting Lost Dogs in Norway. ;)
  • Options
    jondu003jondu003 Posts: 85
    Got Avocado and 2011 Christmas single in Sweden today! Couldn't be more happy :) This was sooo much fun!
    2000: Roskilde
    2006: Sydney I,II,III
    2007: London, Copenhagen
    2008: MSG I,II
    2009: Manchester, London
    2010: London
    2011: Toronto I,II, Ottawa, Hamilton
    2012: Berlin I,II, Stockholm, Oslo, Copenhagen
  • Options
    lexicondevillexicondevil Bay Area Posts: 1,938

Ain't that a bitch? I guess that's the biz, but there is no other reason than greed as to why the average price for a new record seems to be $20 these days. When records started to become popular again, I knew this was going to happen, just not so dramatically. Oh well, at least more records are being pressed and when the trendsters get tired of it, I will be hitting the used bins to buy those $20 for $5. Probably no PJ though because fans seem to like to put them on a shelf and look at their many sealed copies.
    1991- Hollywood Palladium, California with Temple of the Dog, Soundgarden, and Alice in Chains -RIP Magazine Show Oct. 6th
    1992- Lollapalooza, Irvine, California
    Nothing since then. I suck.
    2016- Fenway Park, Boston - Both glorious nights
    2022- Oakland Night 2
    2024 Sacramento, CA
  • Options
    edited May 2015
    Black Lightning bolt and mother Love bone ep...very disappointed...anyone interested in trading any of these 2??
    Post edited by just_one on
  • Options
    Jamer196Jamer196 Posts: 349
    No Jeremy, interested?
  • Options
    korn-1korn-1 Los Angeles, transplanted from Chicago Posts: 930

Ain't that a bitch? I guess that's the biz, but there is no other reason than greed as to why the average price for a new record seems to be $20 these days. When records started to become popular again, I knew this was going to happen, just not so dramatically. Oh well, at least more records are being pressed and when the trendsters get tired of it, I will be hitting the used bins to buy those $20 for $5. Probably no PJ though because fans seem to like to put them on a shelf and look at their many sealed copies.
    Where are you finding new records for $20 even? Im lucky if i can find anything under $30, most of what i see around here is $34.99-39.99. Thats why i spend hours digging thru used bins and thrift shops. Id much rather support a local business but i finally broke down and bought Superunknown off an auction for $36 cause the one sitting in my local shop is priced at $60.
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me
  • Options
    vedder28vedder28 Posts: 1
    Got Red Lighting Bolt and Mother Love Bone single in Brazil today