Options

Who Is Going to Santiago Nov 4, 2015!!!!!!!!

All I know is I can't wait. Our first time in South America :)
I wonder what that line up outside the stadium will be like prior to the concert haha

Comments

• Options
    rrebernrrebern Chicago Posts: 69
    I'm in, so excited! Just trying to translate all the stuff they emailed me...
  • Options
    1ThoughtKnown1ThoughtKnown Posts: 6,155
    rrebern said:

Yeah me too. It looks like Will Call is from 2 hours to a half hour before the show.
    One hell of an adventure I am sure.
    In doing some research, I learned there is an overnight bus between Santiago and Buenos Aries, assuming that is where the TBD show is on Nov. 7. Read a review on TripAdvisor that said it was great, through the Andes to Mendoza. The rest of the trip is flat out to the Buenos Aries.
    I usually begin (over)planning these trips right away. haha
  • Options
    josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 28,300
    Be careful outside stadium people don't clean up after their dogs in Chile .....
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
  • Options
    VMAVMA Santiago, Chile Posts: 56

Be careful outside stadium people don't clean up after their dogs in Chile .....

That's true. But is not so terrible, there is less than 1 percent chance that you can find dog crap in the streets.

I present to you Estadio Nacional de Chile: https://www.google.cl/maps/place/Estadio+Nacional+Julio+Martínez+Prádanos/@-33.464529,-70.61066,3a,75y,79.07h,95.68t/data=!3m5!1e1!3m3!1s7P7iHJ8AXGFkSzit4KrCwA!2e0!3e5!4m2!3m1!1s0x9662cfed639ab813:0xb92488060556a1df!6m1!1e1

Today I will go to see Robert Plant and Jack White, both of them will play together today in Santiago. The show starts in 4 hours, I'm so excited B)
  • Options
    rrebernrrebern Chicago Posts: 69
    I'm used to it -- there's dog crap all over Chicago right now since all the snow melted. Don't know why, but people don't tend to clean up dog crap when it's snowy outside.
  • Options
    nooramnooram Posts: 389
    I am heading down from Minnesota. A couple of Coloradans, and a dude from Flagstaff will be heading down, as well. Looking forward to it.
    Seattle 8/91, MPLS 3/92, St Paul 8/92, Denver 6/95, Missoula 6/98, MPLS 6/98, Albuquerque 10/00, Seattle 12/02, St Paul 6/03, Thunder Bay 9/05, DC 5/06, St Paul x2 6/06, Vancouver (EV) 4/08, DC 6/08, Chicago x2 8/09, KC 5/10, MPLS (EV) 7/11, Chicago 7/13, St Paul 10/14, Santiago 11/15, Missoula 8/18, Denver 9/22, Saint Paul 8/23, Saint Paul 9/23
  • Options
    Electro_UKElectro_UK Posts: 119
    First South American show; something I've dreamed of doing for a decade. Only going to get to come over from the UK for a week but I'm sure I'll be back.
    "Hey Eddie, great show-- fuck you!"
    PJ - London 25/6/10, Manchester 20/6/12 + 21/6/12, Isle of Wight 23/6/12, Seattle 6/12/13, Leeds 8/7/14, Milton Keynes 11/7/14, Boston 5/8/16 + 7/8/16
    Ed - London 31/7/12, Amsterdam 27/5/17 + 30/5/17, London 6/6/17 + 7/6/17
  • Options
    edited March 2015
    VMA said:

That's true. But is not so terrible, there is less than 1 percent chance that you can find dog crap in the streets.

I present to you Estadio Nacional de Chile: https://www.google.cl/maps/place/Estadio+Nacional+Julio+Martínez+Prádanos/@-33.464529,-70.61066,3a,75y,79.07h,95.68t/data=!3m5!1e1!3m3!1s7P7iHJ8AXGFkSzit4KrCwA!2e0!3e5!4m2!3m1!1s0x9662cfed639ab813:0xb92488060556a1df!6m1!1e1

Today I will go to see Robert Plant and Jack White, both of them will play together today in Santiago. The show starts in 4 hours, I'm so excited B)
    Yes i've been there for soccer games , JW is insane not to be missed .....
    Anybody remember the movie missing .....That stadium has a lot of dark history , so maybe PJ playing a show there will help cleanse the place .....
    Post edited by josevolution on
  • Options

VMA said:

Anybody remember the movie missing .....That stadium has a lot of dark history , so maybe PJ playing a show there will help cleanse the place .....
    Judging by the tone of your posts, I am guessing you are Argentinian
  • Options
    bootlegger10bootlegger10 Posts: 15,542
    I've got my ticket!
  • Options
    12inchdoc12inchdoc Posts: 36

rrebern said:

Yeah me too. It looks like Will Call is from 2 hours to a half hour before the show.
    One hell of an adventure I am sure.
    In doing some research, I learned there is an overnight bus between Santiago and Buenos Aries, assuming that is where the TBD show is on Nov. 7. Read a review on TripAdvisor that said it was great, through the Andes to Mendoza. The rest of the trip is flat out to the Buenos Aries.
    I usually begin (over)planning these trips right away. haha
    Coming down from Texas and an overnight bus ride may work well as I'm looking to go to the 11/7 show as well. Thanks for the info!
  • Options
    toddlutttoddlutt Seattle Posts: 35
    Have missed too many shows, no more. First timer travelling solo to Santiago and living the dream...
  • Options
    Sandy66Sandy66 Queensland, Australia Posts: 226
    I am also travelling solo from Australia, did 3 shows last fall tour solo as well, guess I'm hooked. :)
    BDO, Melbourne, 2014.   EV Solo, Melbourne, 2014.   Memphis, 2014.   Detroit, 2014.   St Paul, 2014.  Global Citizens Festival, NYC, 2015.   Columbia, 2016.   Jazz Fest, New Orleans, 2016.   Philly 1 & 2, 2016.   MSG 1 & 2, New York, 2016.  Ottawa, 2016.   Toronto 1, 2016.  Amsterdam 1 & 2, 2018.  London 1, 2018.  Padova, 2018.  Rome, 2018.  Prague, 2018.
  • Options
    pdalowskypdalowsky Doncaster,UK Posts: 14,713
    If you could all scour the record stores in Santiago for me that would be great.

Im hunting these LOL

http://www.pjcollectors.com/detail.asp?id=1807
    and
    http://www.pjcollectors.com/detail.asp?id=1752
  • Options
    vest71vest71 Posts: 239
    3 people returning to Santiago + 1 first timer … all the way from Denmark can´t wait and fingers crossed for BA on the 7th ...
    Burn my eyes and try to blind me
    Bury me so they won't find me
    Try to suck my power empty
    Got no crown of thorns on me
  • Options
    vest71 said:

3 people returning to Santiago + 1 first timer … all the way from Denmark can´t wait and fingers crossed for BA on the 7th ...

My fingers and toes are crossed for BA as well! We are planning to fly to El Calafate after the TBD show and spend 5 days hiking in the AWESOME Torres Del Paine National Park of Chile before flying home on the 15th. Want to save enough time to do the W Circuit.
    I have to say, Chile looks as amazing as Nee Zealand, a prehistoric world of wonder and amazement.

• Options

VMA said:

Judging by the tone of your posts, I am guessing you are Argentinian
    No full blown Chilean born in Santiago live in NY FLEW BACK IN 05 for PJ'S 1st time playing in Chile these days i won't travel more than 2 to 3 hr drive but i'm sure this show will be insane good .....Enjoy
  • Options
    Wma31394Wma31394 Posts: 3,045
    VMA said:

Playing together or jac white opening? Either way sounds like a great time.
    "Going where the water tastes like wine!"
  • Options
    Me!, flying from Argentina and then back to BA. Hopefully, Rio also the 22nd!
  • Options
    dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam NINUNINOPRO Posts: 139,158
    Greek flag will be at Santiago Chile
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Options

Greek flag will be at Santiago Chile

I'll be looking for it! Hand you one of our Maple Leaf pins.
  • Options
    killmoretroutkillmoretrout Burque, NM Posts: 160
    Flying down from California. Gonna hang in Chile for a couple weeks. Maybe trek down to Patagonia, the south looks beautiful. Be a big time tourista.
  • Options

Flying down from California. Gonna hang in Chile for a couple weeks. Maybe trek down to Patagonia, the south looks beautiful. Be a big time tourista.

Yeah we are going to hit Torres del Paine in Patagonia. It looks unbelievable!
  • Options

Gonna try for the same. Any of you wayward travelers wanna try to meet up in Chile for a cerveza, I'm game.

• Options

Gonna try for the same. Any of you wayward travelers wanna try to meet up in Chile for a cerveza, I'm game.

In for beers, are you thinking of doing the W Trek in Torres del Paine? Looks fucking unreal
  • Options
    dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam NINUNINOPRO Posts: 139,158
    Close to date will organize a meeting for fans in a bar.the day before show..so,travelers and locals meet and have drinks
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Options
    Sounds like a damn fine idea Dimitri
  • Options

In for beers, are you thinking of doing the W Trek in Torres del Paine? Looks fucking unreal
    I don't have any hard plans as of yet, but I was just reading about that particular hike last week here ->>> http://www.torresdelpaine.com/ingles/secciones/noticias/19.asp Sounds like it's on your list, yeah?

Does sound epic.
  • Options
    Yeah we have been working on an itinerary. It is not easy to get around in Patagonia to say the least lol
    After Santiago we head to Mendoza for two night. Then off of Buenos Aries for 1 (or 2? :rock_on: ) shows. From there we will fly down to El Calafate. Stay there one night and catch a bus across the Chilean border to Puerto Natales and do the W Trek. Should give us enough time to go see those penguins farther south (forget the island name) and then fly back to Santiago for our return flight home :dizzy:
    Haha... It will be an adventure!
  • Options
    Sounds like a helluva plan. Are you going with some sort of tour company down south then? El Calafate looks insanely beautiful.