Comments

• Options
    23scidoo23scidoo Thessaloniki,Greece Posts: 18,509
    Yes, and they have visited Earth
    PJ_Soul said:

23scidoo said:

PJ_Soul said:

23scidoo said:

You don't think if aliens are real, all the religious will collapse???

The religions that flourish under the concept that humans are God's only major concern might (which seems to be just about all of them) .... although probably not. Religions are really amazing and bending their bullshit enough to keep people under their thumb.
    But yeah, hahaha, the Mormons would just be running around yelling "See?! We told you so!!" :tongue: Scientologists too.
    Yea, what about those people(Mormons)..they are fanatics??..
    There are degrees and fanaticism and lack thereof among Mormons, just like in any other religion. The range is from absolutely fucked (marrying little children off to their uncles, barricaded religious compounds, making their own laws, etc) to kinda sorta normal (families living like normal people, but watch out if they leave the faith - their own parents will excommunicate them). But yeah, the Mormon faith is pretty far out there as Christian-based religions go, since it involves aliens and Jesus in America and shit. It's an American religion - grown in America specifically for Americans, really. Just that alone makes it pretty unusual. But you can't call all Mormons fanatics. Just the fringe Mormons are (and the official Mormon Church has disavowed them).
    But the ideas they have are ''fanatics''..wired..
    this is a relegion like anybody else..take a little bit from here, little bit from there and etc..
    what is the truth and what not??..why all, everywhere, anytime, said the same story??..how many ''gods'' are out there??..
    Athens 2006. Dusseldorf 2007. Berlin 2009. Venice 2010. Amsterdam 1 2012. Amsterdam 1+2 2014. Buenos Aires 2015.
    Prague Krakow Berlin 2018. Berlin 2022
    EV, Taormina 1+2 2017.

I wish i was the souvenir you kept your house key on..
  • Options
    PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,543
    You're asking the wrong person. I am a staunch Atheist. I think the entire idea of the existence of God is complete nonsense, and belief in God is not just fanatical, but lunatic as well. I consider religion in general to be mass delusion. :)
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    PJ_Soul said:

You're asking the wrong person. I am a staunch Atheist. I think the entire idea of the existence of God is complete nonsense, and belief in God is not just fanatical, but lunatic as well. I consider religion in general to be mass delusion. :)

My questions was general..
    Athens 2006. Dusseldorf 2007. Berlin 2009. Venice 2010. Amsterdam 1 2012. Amsterdam 1+2 2014. Buenos Aires 2015.
    EV, Taormina 1+2 2017.

• Options
    edited June 2016
    23scidoo said:

PJ_Soul said:

My questions was general..
    Maybe ask it in a separate post then instead of quoting and replying to my post and asking.
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    https://youtu.be/B2Jl4HNDixc
    EV, Taormina 1+2 2017.

• Options
    EV, Taormina 1+2 2017.

• Options
    newy777newy777 Posts: 89
    The alpha centauri star system has a star with a planet which is the closest known planet to earth. Considering that it is just over 4 light years away, pure logic would lead one to conclude it was impossible for alien life to reach earth. Even the chance of life on that particular planet is a long shot and if there was, it is would be extremely unlikely to be any smarter. There could be another Isaac Newton out there but the chances of Newton being born here were very slim. We would still be in riding horses and carts if it wasn´t for Newton. They would need technology that would defy the laws of physics and thats most probably not possible.Everyone knows if you drop a ball it will fall to the ground everytime. So I would say absolutely no chance of an alien visiting.
    Even though we won´t see other lifeforms from far away places it would be incredibly ignorant for humans to say there are no other life out there. Just think about it. In the observable universe there are approx. 200 billion galaxies. This is derived from the ultra deep field photo which was able to detect 10,000+ universes in a section of the sky represented by the tip of pin held at arms length.
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hubble_Ultra-Deep_Field#/media/File:NASA-HS201427a-HubbleUltraDeepField2014-20140603.jpg
    Each speck of light in this photo is a universe unless it is dislpaying the diamond effect which would mean it is a distant star in our milky way galxy.
    Then consider there are on average 200 billion stars in each of these 200 billion galaxies. We are totally insignicant in the grand picture. So without doubt there is life out there but it may or may not be carbon based. It may be in unthinkable forms. Better left to the imagination..
    One of the coolest thing about being alive is knowing that every atom and element in your body was once inside a giant star that had exploded. The elements in our body were firstly cooked up in the fusion process in a star.Then the heavier elements were formed after the most stable element in this nuclear fusion process iron could not proceed in fusion of the remaining heavier elements like gold for example. This is when there is a supernova explosion and the other elementary particles are created through the extreme heat needed. +1 billion degrees

So out there in the countless second generation solar systems there are certainly the ingredients of life that are scattered everywhere. You would have to be crazy to think we are alone.

• Options
    newy777 said:

The alpha centauri star system has a star with a planet which is the closest known planet to earth. Considering that it is just over 4 light years away, pure logic would lead one to conclude it was impossible for alien life to reach earth. Even the chance of life on that particular planet is a long shot and if there was, it is would be extremely unlikely to be any smarter. There could be another Isaac Newton out there but the chances of Newton being born here were very slim. We would still be in riding horses and carts if it wasn´t for Newton. They would need technology that would defy the laws of physics and thats most probably not possible.Everyone knows if you drop a ball it will fall to the ground everytime. So I would say absolutely no chance of an alien visiting.
    Even though we won´t see other lifeforms from far away places it would be incredibly ignorant for humans to say there are no other life out there. Just think about it. In the observable universe there are approx. 200 billion galaxies. This is derived from the ultra deep field photo which was able to detect 10,000+ universes in a section of the sky represented by the tip of pin held at arms length.
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hubble_Ultra-Deep_Field#/media/File:NASA-HS201427a-HubbleUltraDeepField2014-20140603.jpg
    Each speck of light in this photo is a universe unless it is dislpaying the diamond effect which would mean it is a distant star in our milky way galxy.
    Then consider there are on average 200 billion stars in each of these 200 billion galaxies. We are totally insignicant in the grand picture. So without doubt there is life out there but it may or may not be carbon based. It may be in unthinkable forms. Better left to the imagination..
    One of the coolest thing about being alive is knowing that every atom and element in your body was once inside a giant star that had exploded. The elements in our body were firstly cooked up in the fusion process in a star.Then the heavier elements were formed after the most stable element in this nuclear fusion process iron could not proceed in fusion of the remaining heavier elements like gold for example. This is when there is a supernova explosion and the other elementary particles are created through the extreme heat needed. +1 billion degrees

So out there in the countless second generation solar systems there are certainly the ingredients of life that are scattered everywhere. You would have to be crazy to think we are alone.

No man..they want proofs..nothing else..
    EV, Taormina 1+2 2017.

• Options
    rgambsrgambs Posts: 13,576
    Yes
    23scidoo said:

newy777 said:

Perhaps you never noticed how I answered the poll??

I believe in the probability of life across the universe.

I don't believe that even 1/10th of the "evidence" you post about aliens among us is legitimate enough to even be considered.

There's a pretty big middle ground and most of us are in it. Sure, there are folks who see aliens in every ancient artifact, and people who refuse to believe aliens are even a possibility, but those are the outlying opinions.
    Monkey Driven, Call this Living?
  • Options
    Yes
    23scidoo said:

newy777 said:

I don't believe that even 1/10th of the "evidence" you post about aliens among us is legitimate enough to even be considered.

There's a pretty big middle ground and most of us are in it. Sure, there are folks who see aliens in every ancient artifact, and people who refuse to believe aliens are even a possibility, but those are the outlying opinions.
  • Options
    rgambs said:

23scidoo said:

newy777 said:

Why you think i was talking about you??..i don't understand that..
    EV, Taormina 1+2 2017.

• Options
    edited June 2016
    23scidoo, I don't know if it somehow has to do with a language barrier or what, but you consistently post things in a way that very much seems to be addressing someone, because you quote a person's comments and then add your own comments without any hint that you don't intend your comments as a response to the quoted text. I already recently suggested that you not do this, since it tells us that you are talking directly to us in response to what we said. Yet you are still doing it and still expecting people to know you aren't talking to them or about their comments. I think you need to consider how message boards work a little more dude, because your method breeds miscommunication and it actually makes it difficult for others to understand where you are coming from. You just said to rgambs that you don't understand why he thought you were talking to him... well I am telling you why right now, for the second time this week.
    Post edited by PJ_Soul on
  • Options
    PJ_Soul said:

23scidoo, I don't know if it somehow has to do with a language barrier or what, but you consistently post things in a way that very much seems to be addressing someone, because you quote a person's comments and then add your own comments without any hint that you don't intend your comments as a response to the quoted text. I already recently suggested that you not do this, since it tells us that you are talking directly to us in response to what we said. Yet you are still doing it and still expecting people to know you aren't talking to them or about their comments. I think you need to consider how message boards work a little more dude, because your method breeds miscommunication and it actually makes it difficult for others to understand where you are coming from. You just said to rgambs that you don't understand why he thought you were talking to him... well I am telling you why right now, for the second time this week.

Excuse me PJSoul, but i was quote to Newy77 post..why Rgambs thought it was for him/her??..
    there were here lot of people ask for ''proof''..even me..
    you said those days about the way i talk..excuse me again, really..
    but when i make specific questions to you, i never heard you back..
    always friendly..
    EV, Taormina 1+2 2017.

• Options
    Yes
    23scidoo said:

rgambs said:

23scidoo said:

newy777 said:

I didn't think it was me specifically, but I certainly think you must have been thinking of me, I have been one of your most vocal critics in this thread.
  • Options
    Sorry, I did think you had quoted rgambs there, but my comment still stands. You have done that stuff for this entire thread. You also post stuff as though you believe it, and then act surprised when someone thinks you believe it.
    Yes, you're friend dude. Nothing against you, it's just that sometimes you can be hard to read and your intentions aren't always clear.
  • Options
    rustneversleepsrustneversleeps The Motel of Lost Companions Posts: 2,209
    PJ_Soul said:

really? this is classic.
  • Options
    rgambs said:

23scidoo said:

rgambs said:

23scidoo said:

newy777 said:

I didn't think it was me specifically, but I certainly think you must have been thinking of me, I have been one of your most vocal critics in this thread.
    Trust me, i didn't have anyone specific in my mind..and especially someone who believe in aliens..
    EV, Taormina 1+2 2017.

• Options
    PJ_Soul said:

Sorry, I did think you had quoted rgambs there, but my comment still stands. You have done that stuff for this entire thread. You also post stuff as though you believe it, and then act surprised when someone thinks you believe it.
    Yes, you're friend dude. Nothing against you, it's just that sometimes you can be hard to read and your intentions aren't always clear.

PJSoul i have said lot of times here, i don't post proofs ..i don't believe everything i post..
    i'm here to throw ideas and alternatives views..i guess sometimes i'm not clear for what is my point..i'll try to control this..have a nice weekend..
    EV, Taormina 1+2 2017.

• Options
    SpagsSpags Leigh-on-Sea, UK Posts: 2,934
    Yes
    I think that aliens, ghosts, gods, etc are all the product of a healthy imagination. I'm more inclined to believe that some kind of life exists off our planet than Earth being the only one. Shit, there may even be a planet with ghosts of godlike aliens out there somewhere...
    Nature drunk and High
  • Options
    https://youtu.be/_7QgVmOjDFI
    EV, Taormina 1+2 2017.

• Options
    EV, Taormina 1+2 2017.

• Options
    EV, Taormina 1+2 2017.

• Options
    https://youtu.be/ZNkmhY_ju8o
    EV, Taormina 1+2 2017.

• Options
    edited July 2016
    Mothership in Colombia on July 4th? It does look pretty crazy... not sure where the sun is though. Apparently this lasted a couple of hours.

http://in5d.com/massive-cloud-mothership-recorded-in-columbia/

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-qtNsxleXNg
    Post edited by PJ_Soul on
  • Options
    PJ_Soul said:

Mothership in Colombia on July 4th? It does look pretty crazy... not sure where the sun is though. Apparently this lasted a couple of hours.

http://in5d.com/massive-cloud-mothership-recorded-in-columbia/

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-qtNsxleXNg

you suprized me PJSoul..usually i post shit like this..haha..
    over Area 51..

https://youtu.be/ivFRZf_Z6Sw
    EV, Taormina 1+2 2017.

• Options
    Yes
    That's a pretty common cloud formation.
  • Options
    https://youtu.be/uXJSTEGniV4
    EV, Taormina 1+2 2017.

• Options
    Yes
    @newy777 great post, well said
    looking to hear of the earth
  • Options
    Fake or not, its very interesting..

https://youtu.be/UpxyrRtIfoU
    EV, Taormina 1+2 2017.

• Options
    EV, Taormina 1+2 2017.