Options

Crowdfunded Pearl Jam! Yes!

Let's show that we have some of the best fans in the world! This is great! Can't wait to see what happens! Just stumbled upon this on the FB group.

https://pearljam25foresthills.tilt.com/bring-pearl-jam-to-forest-hills-tennis-stadium/

" In New York as they say how the f*** ya doin'?" -Ed MSG 1 03

--
MSG 1 '98 - MSG 1+2 '03 - Reading,PA '04 - Borgata 1 '05 - Continental Arena 1+2 '06 - Lollapalooza Chicago,IL '07-MSG 1+2 08, Mansfield 1 08, Beacon Theatre 08. MSG 1 10,PJ20 Alpine Valley, Atlanta 2012, Brooklyn 1+2 2013, Hartford 2013, Seattle 2013, Memphis 2014

Comments

• Options
    SpokenSpoken Posts: 1,447
    That would be amazing!
  • Options
    Looks like The Who will be there.....I think they have everything ironed out

--
    MSG 1 '98 - MSG 1+2 '03 - Reading,PA '04 - Borgata 1 '05 - Continental Arena 1+2 '06 - Lollapalooza Chicago,IL '07-MSG 1+2 08, Mansfield 1 08, Beacon Theatre 08. MSG 1 10,PJ20 Alpine Valley, Atlanta 2012, Brooklyn 1+2 2013, Hartford 2013, Seattle 2013, Memphis 2014
  • Options
    my2handsmy2hands Posts: 17,117

Looks like The Who will be there.....I think they have everything ironed out

There have been a lot of concerts the past few years according to that article I posted... seems like the neighbors are not happy... noise limits and a 10pm curfew at the shows don't make it look good for PJ to show up

• Options
    badbrainsbadbrains Posts: 10,255
    Fuck ya! Right in my backyard! Bring the boys to queens!!!!
  • Options
    SuziemaySuziemay Posts: 11,165
    edited November 2014
    I'm all for grassroots initiatives, but if this does not happen, will that make Pearl Jam look like an asshole? If they do it, will it be due to the pressure that will be put on them? As it is, there's plenty of negativity towards the band from our very own community, I would hate for this to be something that creates negative feelings.

I was especially nervous when I read this part:
    We will be contacting the press and local politicians to make this happen. If The Beatles, The Who and Dylan can play Forest Hills why not add legendary Pearl Jam to the mix?

I'm just talking out loud, not very sure how I feel about this.

I know, Debbie Downer, cue sad trombone
  • Options
    JOEJOEJOEJOEJOEJOE Posts: 10,436
    Suziemay said:

I'm all for grassroots initiatives, but if this does not happen, will that make Pearl Jam look like an asshole? If they do it, will it be due to the pressure that will be put on them? As it is, there's plenty of negativity towards the band from our very own community, I would hate for this to be something that creates negative feelings.

We will be contacting the press and local politicians to make this happen. If The Beatles, The Who and Dylan can play Forest Hills why not add legendary Pearl Jam to the mix?

I agree......this puts the band in a weird position.

• Options
    pjhawkspjhawks Posts: 12,203
    JOEJOEJOE said:

Suziemay said:

I agree......this puts the band in a weird position.

agree also and besides i'm not sure i'd be down with it. 1st off give credit card information out to a group who may or may not be credible and would i really trust 'fans' to run a lottery for tickets fairly? sounds like a good idea but i don't see it.
  • Options
    PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,544
    Yeah, I'm sorry, but I have to be a Debbie Downer as well, only because we have no clue if PJ is actually into doing this. Shouldn't we find that out before running away with this? Because as others have said, if for some reason PJ doesn't do it after all that money is raised it puts them in a really awkward and unfair position.... If crowdfunding is becoming "strong-arming bands to do what we want by pooling our money and then acting like we deserve the show whether the band likes it or not", then I'm not into this movement at all.... Now if I see a quote from one or all of the band members saying that they think this is great idea and they will be there with bells on if the money is raised, then I'll totally be on board.
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    Pearl jam has ENOUGH money and wouldn't be doing this for the money. I believe they'd be doing for us, well actually ME! And if the foos can do it, well god damn it pj can as well!

And then we can actually have the after hours party at my place!
  • Options
    SuziemaySuziemay Posts: 11,165
    I think my reaction would have been different if this were for something in Alaska (have they ever played in Alaska?). New York is not starved for shows, and I can say this because I live there. Here.
  • Options
    Maybe I missed something here.

Who exactly are the people running this?
    Who exactly is asking for your/our money?
    Take me piece by piece.....
    Till there aint nothing left worth taking away from me.....
  • Options
    jerparker20jerparker20 St. Paul, MN Posts: 2,402
    edited November 2014

Exactly.

And who came up with a million dollars, or was this number pulled out of someone's ass along with the whole idea? Just wondering.
    Post edited by jerparker20 on
  • Options
    edited November 2014
    Ignore.
    Post edited by jerparker20 on
  • Options
    SPEEDY MCCREADYSPEEDY MCCREADY Posts: 24,804
    edited November 2014

Exactly.
    exactly

Post edited by SPEEDY MCCREADY on
  • Options

Exactly.

And who came up with a million dollars, or was this number pulled out of someone's ass along with the whole idea? Just wondering.
    I believe that's the going rate for pearl jam. Somewhere from 500,000-1,000,000. But we all know it's not about the money for them.
  • Options
    High Fidelity 2000High Fidelity 2000 New Mexico USA Posts: 4,435
    Suziemay said:

I think my reaction would have been different if this were for something in Alaska (have they ever played in Alaska?). New York is not starved for shows, and I can say this because I live there. Here.

Yes.
    ABQ 93, Las Cruces 95, ABQ 98, Bridge School 10/30/99, Lubbock 00, ABQ 00, Denver 03, State College 03, San Diego 03, Vegas 03, PHX 03, D.C. 03, Camden 7/5/03, NYC 7/8/03 + 7/9/03, Vegas 06, San Francisco 7/15/06 + 7/16/06 + 7/18/06, Kansas City 10, EV:ABQ 11/6/12, Chicago 13, PHX 13, Denver 14--PJ24!, Telluride 16, Chicago 8/20/16, Chicago 8/18/18, Denver 20, Phoenix 20

New Mexico Pearl Jam Fans (New Mexico, USA) on Facebook!
  • Options
    I would donate, but I'm broke. I gave all my money to some guy from Nigeria. He won the lottery, but needed 10k in order to collect. I gave him the 10k and he is going to deposit 20k in my bank account in a few weeks.
  • Options
    edited November 2014
    badbrains said:

Exactly.

I believe that's the going rate for pearl jam. Somewhere from 500,000-1,000,000. But we all know it's not about the money for them.
    Not sure 1,000,000 will cover the cost of the band, venue, security (including police), permits, venue staff, insurance, etc...

Not about the money?!? Halts Maul!!!
  • Options
    F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,625

I would donate, but I'm broke. I gave all my money to some guy from Nigeria. He won the lottery, but needed 10k in order to collect. I gave him the 10k and he is going to deposit 20k in my bank account in a few weeks.

:))
    The love he receives is the love that is saved
  • Options
    Seems legit to me...the site is secure, the Foos did it....stranger things have happened. There is already a group on FB, I don't think the people starting it are out for your money. Seems like they are friends with a lot of folks in the community. To each their own.

--
  • Options

Seems legit to me...the site is secure, the Foos did it....stranger things have happened. There is already a group on FB, I don't think the people starting it are out for your money. Seems like they are friends with a lot of folks in the community. To each their own.

Who are these people?
    Do you have a link to this Facebook group?
  • Options
    WhatYouTaughtMeWhatYouTaughtMe I have no idea what's going on right now! Posts: 4,957
    edited November 2014
    You would think here is the first place they should go to start this type of thing...
    Post edited by WhatYouTaughtMe on
  • Options
    QuarterToTenQuarterToTen Cincinnati, Ohio Posts: 3,626

Who are these people?
    Do you have a link to this Facebook group?
    https://www.facebook.com/groups/218801384938872/
    Nice shirt.
  • Options
    So this unknown group is asking for money and setting prices for a PJ ticket? #-o
  • Options
    Well dammed.
    Let me get my check book!

• Options
    jnimhaoileoinjnimhaoileoin Baile Átha Cliath Posts: 2,682
    I'm not sure I really understand the need for this, the guys tour regularly and NY is certainly not somewhere that has been deprived of gigs. It's most likely they'll play somewhere, quite probably in America, next year anyway...
  • Options
    edited November 2014

Well dammed.
    Let me get my check book!

Can u pay for my ticket to speedy? Thanks buddy!

Edit-I'll let u stay at my crib so your accommodations will be taken care of!
  • Options
    sheckyshecky San Francisco Posts: 1,441
    Things are getting VeRy StRaNgE here in Pearl Jam Land.
    The same thing happened to the Grateful Dead when they became too popular for their own good.
    Give the band a break already...
  • Options
    demetriosdemetrios Canada Posts: 87,856
    Tickets are run by Ticketfly so if this does come through it might work. If it was run by Ticketmaster though, this would never EVER happen. The site is owned by a Canadian company in Toronto. https://open.tilt.com/ . I've never used it before.

The ones running the crowd funding page should offer a few VIP packages, like The Who is offering. http://www.foresthillsstadium.com/vip-info/

Don't forget .. https://open.tilt.com/pricing
    *Credit card processing is 2.9% + $0.30 per transaction.

$29,000 + $3,900 goes to the website. *estimate. If the million get's funded. :p
This discussion has been closed.