Police abuse

1747576777880»

Comments

• dignindignin Posts: 4,473

dignin said:

WHITE SUPREMACISTS AND other domestic extremists maintain an active presence in U.S. police departments and other law enforcement agencies.

https://theintercept.com/2017/01/31/the-fbi-has-quietly-investigated-white-supremacist-infiltration-of-law-enforcement/

Not surprised.

To be fair, many gang organizations infiltrate police departments at various levels and to varying degrees.
    The article is pretty disturbing.
  • unsungunsung Posts: 7,109
    This was released somewhat recently by a judge's order if anyone remembers the story.

It has graphic images.

Why are they not rendering medical aid once the person has been incapacitated?

• PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BCPosts: 34,487
    edited March 20
    mace1229 said:

PJ_Soul said:

unsung said:
    That's pretty brutal.
    This is yet another good example as to why all cars should be outfitted with dash cams (two of them - one to film the driver's side, and one to film out the windshield).
    I fail to see how this qualifies him as "another oath breaking piece of garbage."

The cop was wrong, no question about that. The dude had a right to be upset, I would too.
    But doesn't everyone realize cops are human too, they are going to make a mistake? This mistake didn't cost anyone harm or injury, just couple minutes of the dude's time. Has no one else ever made a turn and accidentally cut someone off and not even realize it? It happens. I thought the cop was professional, he didn't yank the dude out of the car and beat him up for refusing to produce his registration

The cop made a mistake, he was wrong, probably didn't even realize it. How does that make him a piece of garbage. I always thought I was the only one to never make a mistake, everyone else here hasn't either I guess, just these cops?

You're really going to call everyone who makes a minor mistake at their job a piece of garbage? Cashier gave me the wrong change, piece of garbage! Dude at McDonalds gave me the wrong order, piece of garbage! The mailman lost my mail, what an oath breaking piece of garbage!
    You must hate everyone in your life.
    Wait a minute. That wasn't a minor mistake, and I think you're focusing on the wrong thing here. The cop was very clearly in the wrong, either by accident or not (I don't see how that could possibly be accidental. It looked to me like the cop was deliberately trying to "bully" his way through traffic), and his reaction was to chase the driver he almost caused an accident for and blame that driver for his own "mistake" (wasn't a mistake. That was an intentional driving move). That is a cop lying and trying to blame an innocent member of the public for his own bad behaviour. Either that, or the cop is delusional and hallucinating, or so full of himself that his brain automatically, subconsciously reversed fault, meaning the cop isn't fit to work in any case.
    Post edited by PJ_Soul on
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • mace1229mace1229 Posts: 951
    PJ_Soul said:

mace1229 said:

PJ_Soul said:

unsung said:
    That's pretty brutal.
    This is yet another good example as to why all cars should be outfitted with dash cams (two of them - one to film the driver's side, and one to film out the windshield).
    I fail to see how this qualifies him as "another oath breaking piece of garbage."

The cop was wrong, no question about that. The dude had a right to be upset, I would too.
    But doesn't everyone realize cops are human too, they are going to make a mistake? This mistake didn't cost anyone harm or injury, just couple minutes of the dude's time. Has no one else ever made a turn and accidentally cut someone off and not even realize it? It happens. I thought the cop was professional, he didn't yank the dude out of the car and beat him up for refusing to produce his registration

The cop made a mistake, he was wrong, probably didn't even realize it. How does that make him a piece of garbage. I always thought I was the only one to never make a mistake, everyone else here hasn't either I guess, just these cops?

You're really going to call everyone who makes a minor mistake at their job a piece of garbage? Cashier gave me the wrong change, piece of garbage! Dude at McDonalds gave me the wrong order, piece of garbage! The mailman lost my mail, what an oath breaking piece of garbage!
    You must hate everyone in your life.
    Wait a minute. That wasn't a minor mistake, and I think you're focusing on the wrong thing here. The cop was very clearly in the wrong, either by accident or not (I don't see how that could possibly be accidental. It looked to me like the cop was deliberately trying to "bully" his way through traffic), and his reaction was to chase the driver he almost caused an accident for and blame that driver for his own "mistake" (wasn't a mistake. That was an intentional driving move). That is a cop lying and trying to blame an innocent member of the public for his own bad behaviour. Either that, or the cop is delusional and hallucinating, or so full of himself that his brain automatically, subconsciously reversed fault, meaning the cop isn't fit to work in any case.
    That comment was from 4 or 5 months ago, so trying to remember the video.
    He was in the wrong, that wasn't in question.
    You could be right. But I just tend to lean towards what is least complicated and more practical. For a cop to intentionally try to cause accidents and then write tickets just doesnt make sense. He has nothing to gain, everything to lose. One complaint may go ignored, but you realize if the department gets several complaints about him driving like this they will open an investigation, and if a pattern is found he will lose his job.
    There is no motive for this to be intentional, no reason for him to try and cause an accident. If he wanted to just give out fake tickets, why draw attention to himself first? Just go pick some guy who he didn't almost hit and write a fake ticket.
    Nothing about this being intentional makes any sense to me. Which leaves me to believe it was an accident. Maybe he was responding to a call on his radio, maybe he was looking up a license plate, who knows, and was distracted. That seems more plausible to me.