Options

Binaural and No Code vinyl bootlegs

PkePke Ayrshire ,Scotland Posts: 846
Watch this space folks i have heard that double orange vinyl Binaural and Single vinyl white No Code are coming soon i would imagine from same place as the Avacado and Yeild vinyls that have been kicking about on Ebay and discogs
dont know any more than that but person i got Avacado and Yeild from let me know they were coming
;)
Glasgow 00
Leeds 06
London 07
London Berlin London 09
Dublin Belfast London Berlin Arras Werchter Bilbao 10
East Troy East Troy Montreal Toronto Toronto 11
Manchester Manchester Berlin Berlin Stockholm EV Manchester 12
San Diego LA Oakland Portland Vancouver Seattle 13
Berlin Leeds Tulsa Lincoln 14
Pete Townshend & EV Chicago Global Citizen New York 15
Philadelphia Philadelphia New York New York 16
EV Tarmonia Tarmonia 17
London,London,Prague,Krakow,Berlin 18

Comments

• Options
    ajgonzalajgonzal Posts: 50
    I pre-ordered one of each when I purchased the Avocado off discogs. I was just notified today that my order should ship out by next week. I was also told the Binaural is a double gatefold with book and the No Code is a single with Polaroids. That's all the info I have at this time. I would say if you were pleased with either the Yield or Avocado pressings, these will most likely be on par with those. Hopefully we get legit represses from the band soon though as I'm always skeptical on boots and would prefer my funds go to the band.
  • Options
    tempo_n_groovetempo_n_groove Posts: 39,053
    Blasphemy...
  • Options
    shetellsherselfshetellsherself New Jersey Posts: 8,783

Blasphemy...

Exactly. I only hope the appearance of bootleg vinyls will influence the band to do reissues
    5/3/92 Omaha, NE
    6/19/95 Red Rocks
    9/11/98 MSG
    11/19/12 EV solo Tulsa
    7/19/13 Wrigley 10/19/13 Brooklyn 2 10/21/13 Philly 1 10/22/13 Philly 2 10/25/13 Hartford
    10/08/14 Tulsa 10/09/14 Lincoln
    9/26/15 New York City
    4/16/16 Greenville 4/28/16 Philly 1 4/29/16 Philly 2 5/1/16 MSG 1 5/2/16 MSG 2 8/7/16 Fenway 2 8/20/16 Wrigley 1
    4/7/17 RRHOF New York City
    9/02/18 Fenway 1 9/04/2018 Fenway 2
    9/18/21 Asbury Park
    9/11/22 New York City
    9/14/22 Camden
  • Options
    H.ChinaskiH.Chinaski Brooklyn, NY Posts: 1,596

I only hope the appearance of bootleg vinyls will influence the band to do reissues

Pine Knob, MI Lollapalooza 1992 / Soldier Field, Chicago 1995 / Savage Hall, Toledo 1996 / Palace, Detroit 1998 / Palace, Detroit 2000 / Pine Knob, MI 2003 / Showbox, Seattle 2004 / MSG, NYC 2008 / Key Arena I & II, Seattle 2009 / Eddie Vedder Beacon, NYC 2011 / Eddie Vedder Benaroya, Hall Seattle 2011 / Barclays, Brooklyn I &II 2013 / Wells Fargo, Philadelphia II 2013 / Wuhlheide, Berlin, Germany 2014 / Wells Fargo, Philadelphia 1 2016 / Madison Square Garden, NYC 2 2016 / Wrigley 2, Chicago 2016/ Fenway 1, Boston 2018/
  • Options
    elwayvedderelwayvedder South Jersey Posts: 9,050
    do we even know if the band is aware that bootleg vinyls exist? They have so much other stuff going on...
  • Options
    boyo79boyo79 Warrington, UK Posts: 6,525

do we even know if the band is aware that bootleg vinyls exist? They have so much other stuff going on...

I'm sure someone in 10c will know.

2000: Manchester
    2006: Dublin; Leeds; Arnhem
    2007: London
    2009: Manchester
    2012: Manchester I & II : EV Manchester : Soundgarden Shepherds Bush
    2013: Brad Manchester : Soundgarden Manchester
    2014: Amsterdam I & II; Berlin; Leeds; Milton Keynes
    2018: Berlin; London II; Boston II

Bootleg Reviews: http://pjbootlegreviews.blogspot.com/
  • Options
    2-feign-reluctance2-feign-reluctance TigerTown, USA Posts: 23,144
    Bootleg vinyl...so weird!
    www.cluthelee.com
  • Options
    bonebone Posts: 498
    I haven't been keeping up, but wasn't the general consensus that the other boots were actually pretty decent quality? If so, I'll grab both of these just to "complete" my vinyl collection. I just can't afford the real thing and the band seems to have no interest in re-pressing these despite them flying the "vinyl" flag all the time. They seem just so backwards that a band that pushed so hard for vinyl's resurgence hasn't actually capitalized on it.
    1993-08-12 - Edmonton, AB, Convention Centre
    2003-05-30 - Vancouver, BC, General Motors Place
    2005-09-04 - Calgary, AB, Pengrowth Saddledome
    2005-09-05 - Edmonton, AB, Rexall Place
    2009-08-08 - Calgary, AB, Canada Olympic Park
    2009-09-21 - Seattle, WA, Key Arena
    2009-09-22 - Seattle, WA, Key Arena
    2011-09-23 - Edmonton, AB, Rexall Place
    2013-11-30 - Spokane, WA, Spokane Arena
  • Options
    AmishGuy91AmishGuy91 Posts: 826
    The Avocado/Yield bootlegs I got were decent. Sound probably wasn't as good as the original vinyl and each record had an imperfection that caused skipping.but overall not a bad purchase.
  • Options
    Guy DudebroGuy Dudebro Posts: 1,352
    Awesome news! Support your local counterfeiting thief!
  • Options
    edited June 2014

Though I agree, is it really that much different than supporting your local flipper asking $200 for something they paid $30 for?

They are providing a product to people that the people want that they can't get through legitimate means (through the band or its record company). Provided the quality is decent and they aren't claiming it to be something it is not (legitimate release), it's kind of the same thing as flipping.
    Post edited by bone on
  • Options
    edited June 2014
    I don't support my local flipper either because I don't buy into the hype. It's odd how people justify buying counterfeit records because the band won't reissue them. Wow, the entitlement. The reissues might not even be a band issue. It might be a band/label issue. It might be case where they get their masters back after a certain amount of years like a lot of bands or might have to buy their back catalog back like Metallica did. Who knows what their contracts are. The bottom line is buying counterfeit products supports nothing but thieves. I don't support thieves.

Post edited by Guy Dudebro on
  • Options
    Empty GlassEmpty Glass In Rob's shed Posts: 12,329

Well, I refuse to put my money into the "thief's" hand who sells an original for a few hundred bucks because it is a "collectors item"
    I've met Rob

DEGENERATE FUK

This place is dead

"THERE ARE NO CLIQUES, ONLY THOSE WHO DON'T JOIN THE FUN" - Empty circa 2015

"Kfsbho&$thncds" - F Me In the Brain - circa 2015
  • Options
    bone said:

Though I agree, is it really that much different than supporting your local flipper asking $200 for something they paid $30 for?

I don't support my local flipper either because I don't buy into the hype. I just don't get buying counterfeit anything. Does having a counterfeit Rolex mean I have a R

That's fair enough. Again for me it comes down to quality. If these pressings are good in quality, and reasonably priced, I'd consider it (only as there is no other option I can afford) so that I have something to listen to, but it certainly wouldn't be one of the prized items in the collection.
  • Options
    Damn, got quoted before my big fingers could edit my premature post! :))
  • Options
    jeffbrjeffbr Seattle Posts: 7,177

It's odd how people justify buying counterfeit records because the band won't reissue them.

I haven't bought any yet, but I don't see this as a sense of entitlement. I see it as an alternative method to get a product that is in demand. It isn't competing with the band's legitimate sales, since the band (or their label) isn't selling those items. If both legitimate and counterfeit/bootleg copies were being sold on the market, I would definitely have an issue with it, but if the band isn't interested in deriving income through sales of rereleased vinyl, and there are hundreds or thousands of potential customers looking for their records on vinyl, then good for the bootleggers for meeting a demand that the band won't. Maybe they'll get the message.
    "I'll use the magic word - let's just shut the fuck up, please." EV, 04/13/08
  • Options
    AmishGuy91AmishGuy91 Posts: 826
    Benny bootleg can't be far behind
  • Options
    aurynsdadaurynsdad Posts: 773

On the one hand, I hope you are right. On the other hand, if it's not a direct duplicate of the vinyl mastering, I don't think I want.
    10/31/93 Berkeley (Baba!), 10/1/94 Bridge School, 9/16/96 Seattle (In My Tree!), 10/19/96 & 10/20/96 B. School (Alt Corduroy & Alt Porch!), 10/25/03 B. School, 6/1/03 Mtnview (Crazy Mary! You Are!), 11/29/13 Portland (All Those Yesterdays! Even Flow!), 10/25/14 Bridge School (Rain! Fuckin Up! TOTD!), 5/13/22 Oakland (W.M.A.! Immortality!)
  • Options
    Dr. DelightDr. Delight Posts: 11,210
    Only a matter of time before 10C steps up. This money is coming right out of their pockets in lost sales. I imagine they will not like that.
    Then again, they have waited too long in re-issuing these middle era lp's.
    And so you see, I have come to doubt
    All that I once held as true
    I stand alone without beliefs
    The only truth I know is you.
  • Options
    jeffbrjeffbr Seattle Posts: 7,177

Only a matter of time before 10C steps up. This money is coming right out of their pockets in lost sales. I imagine they will not like that.

It's only coming out of their pockets if PJ actually have something to sell. If they have a plan, they should let us know so that these buyers can decide to wait, or to proceed with the bootleg LP purchase. If they have no plan to reissue, then they aren't losing any sales.
    "I'll use the magic word - let's just shut the fuck up, please." EV, 04/13/08
  • Options
    jerparker20jerparker20 St. Paul, MN Posts: 2,403

The reissue is more of an Epic/Sony thing than it is a 10C thing.
  • Options
    timmay44212timmay44212 Posts: 107
    edited June 2014

Im sure the band is aware by now, they do keep an eye on the forums. I would expect reissues soon after the LB tour is done, they are kinda busy at the moment. Then again if they stay with the 20 year anniversary reissue we still have some time to wait for no code...
    10/11/13 consol energy center pittsburgh
  • Options
    a5pja5pj Hershey PA Posts: 3,859
    I really think it's a label thing. I don't think PJ gets any money from reissues, so it's no rush. Sony would get the money. Unless they go back and buy their music.

I know another band didn't reissue one of their albums because they don't own it. They did the rest because they went to their own label. (Dredg btw)

When did PJ go on their own, was it self titled? No reason to reissue the new ones.

Another thing, Benny ain't gonna happen if the label is the case for not doing it. How many ppl outside of pj die hards will buy a $100 box set of a pj concert?, that's acoustic no less? not that many... for example how well do those huge box sets sell at record store day? Even for good bands they usually sit around forever until the price drops to like $40...
    Wouldn't it be funny if the world ended in 2010, with lots of fire?

• Options
    Dr. DelightDr. Delight Posts: 11,210

No doubt the band still sees some money from the sale of their albums under Sony. They did Reissue the first 3 and sell them on this site, so I dont see why they wouldnt follow thru with the next three.

And so you see, I have come to doubt
    All that I once held as true
    I stand alone without beliefs
    The only truth I know is you.
  • Options
    NamiNami Newfoundland Posts: 5,989

puzzled by this as well...
    Hamilton 9-13-05; Toronto 5-9-06, Toronto 8-21-09, Toronto 9-12-11, Hamilton 9-15-11....
  • Options
    whoyouare72whoyouare72 Chicago IL Posts: 2,071
    Stay away from these bootlegs because the band gets zero for their hard work and they are probably just made using the cd as the source. Waste of money IMO
  • Options
    MdeanseattleMdeanseattle West Seattle Posts: 63
    The dream reissue set would be all albums in giant leather box made out of recycled baseballs with the Wrigley show as a Ten club members only . Pre sales get a blu ray of the last Seattle 12/6 show. Only reason for the blu ray is the sound. I got the Soundgarden 20th blu ray box set and I'm stunned at the different levels .
  • Options
    demetriosdemetrios Canada Posts: 87,907
    aurynsdad said:

On the one hand, I hope you are right. On the other hand, if it's not a direct duplicate of the vinyl mastering, I don't think I want.
    These bootleggers from Europe who have been releasing all these illegal vinyl copies must know something about audio mastering. With the right tools of the trade, it shouldn't be hard to take a clean copy of a Benny vinyl and transfer the copy to HD in 24 Bit 192kHz Wav format Edit it & clean up pops etc.. Then press the audio on vinyl. It can be done, seeing all these releases that have been released on eBay.
  • Options
    jerparker20jerparker20 St. Paul, MN Posts: 2,403

No doubt the band still sees some money from the sale of their albums under Sony. They did Reissue the first 3 and sell them on this site, so I dont see why they wouldnt follow thru with the next three.

Maybe the reissues didn't achieve the sales numbers Sony was expecting and they don't want to continue the reissues or invest in producing physical reissues. I don't know. There's probably more to this than any of us know.

But, I would down with official reissues on wax.
  • Options
    edited June 2014
    The sales figures on any vinyl probably mean absolutely nothing for the band. They get a couple bucks(literally) for each copy to be divided by the members. Even less if the producers gets a small slice too. The label makes the most. Makes sense to wait until the rights revert back to keep everything for themselves. Plus they get full control of packaging etc. Ofcourse this is all speculation on my part. I have no idea what their contracts are.
    Post edited by Guy Dudebro on