demetriosdemetrios Canada Posts: 87,956

They are now for sale on Discogs

They are selling now on eBay as well.
  • Options
    buck502000buck502000 Birthplace of GIBSON guitar Posts: 8,951
    I can wait.
  • Options
    youngsteryoungster Boston Posts: 6,574

Only a matter of time before 10C steps up. This money is coming right out of their pockets in lost sales. I imagine they will not like that.
    Then again, they have waited too long in re-issuing these middle era lp's.

Besides the hard core fans on this site and any casual fans around the world, they won't sell too many re-issue vinyls. I know it's hard for us fans to believe but these albums didn't top the charts when they came out. There's a reason Ten-Vitalogy have had the re-issue treatment. Honestly I think 10c feel they got burned on the VS-Vitalogy release with how many they had left over. They sold for almost half price a few months ago. Unless they go the route of the Vault 3 vinyl- press to order- i don't see them going all out for release of these records. I hope I'm wrong but if I am I think you would have seen them by now.
    He who forgets will be destined to remember.

9/29/04 Boston, 6/28/08 Mansfield, 8/23/09 Chicago, 5/15/10 Hartford
    5/17/10 Boston, 10/15/13 Worcester, 10/16/13 Worcester, 10/25/13 Hartford
    8/5/16 Fenway, 8/7/16 Fenway
    EV Solo: 6/16/11 Boston, 6/18/11 Hartford,
  • Options
    elvistheking44elvistheking44 Posts: 4,245
    youngster said:

Only a matter of time before 10C steps up. This money is coming right out of their pockets in lost sales. I imagine they will not like that.

Besides the hard core fans on this site and any casual fans around the world, they won't sell too many re-issue vinyls. I know it's hard for us fans to believe but these albums didn't top the charts when they came out. There's a reason Ten-Vitalogy have had the re-issue treatment. Honestly I think 10c feel they got burned on the VS-Vitalogy release with how many they had left over. They sold for almost half price a few months ago. Unless they go the route of the Vault 3 vinyl- press to order- i don't see them going all out for release of these records. I hope I'm wrong but if I am I think you would have seen them by now.
    Your common sense has no place here!!! :D
  • Options
    veddertownveddertown Scotland Posts: 5,260
    youngster said:

Absolutely. I can't see Sony ploughing bucketloads of money into albums that sold pretty poorly compared with the first three. On here people think of PJ as being massive but realistically they are a band who have watched album and ticket sales decrease steadily over recent years and although vinyl sales are climbing it is still a small market compared with digital formats. We probably won't see these albums filling record store shelves like we did for Ten, Vs and Vitalogy.
    Like a book among the many on a shelf...

Dublin 02 Arena - 22/6/10. Belfast Odyssey Arena - 23/6/10. London Hyde Park - 25/6/10. Berlin Wuhlheide - 30/6/10.
    Manchester MEN - 20/06/12. Manchester MEN - 21/06/12
  • Options
    Patrick_Sea3Patrick_Sea3 West Seattle Posts: 890
    There will probably coke bottle vitalogy and Vs. before any others releases.
  • Options
    hrd2imgnhrd2imgn Southwest Burbs of Chicago Posts: 4,869
    bone said:

They seem just so backwards that a band that pushed so hard for vinyl's resurgence hasn't actually capitalized on it.

then they couldn't keep up artificial demand and create rarities like Benaroya to sell on ebay (albeit for great causes) Amazing how something numbered to 2000 has all these specially numbered ones as well. So how many did they really print?

I know they don't want to sit on inventory, so why not take pre-paid pre-orders for a month so people who want them can get as many as they please. I agree 100% for a Vinyl loving and promoting band they sure do a good job of not making enough forcing fans to pay outrageous prices for vinyls. I wonder if they have shell names on e-bay and are just selling their old inventory under 50 surnames.......

• Options
    DewieCoxDewieCox Posts: 11,413
    hrd2imgn said:

I know they don't want to sit on inventory, so why not take pre-paid pre-orders for a month so people who want them can get as many as they please.

Yep, only I think they should use the presale to get a better estimate on potential. The biggest drawback would be that for standard studio albums I think we'd be waiting awhile for the pressing compared to niche releases like Vault or the stuff that Jack White puts out with Thirdman.
  • Options
    lolobugglolobugg BLUE RDGE MTNS Posts: 8,192
    Speaking of Jack White.... did you see where he broke PJ Vitalogy vinyl first week sales record?

livefootsteps.org/user/?usr=446

1995- New Orleans, LA  : New Orleans, LA

1996- Charleston, SC

1998- Atlanta, GA: Birmingham, AL: Greenville, SC: Knoxville, TN

2000- Atlanta, GA: New Orleans, LA: Memphis, TN: Nashville, TN

2003- Raleigh, NC: Charlotte, NC: Atlanta, GA

2004- Asheville, NC (hometown show)

2006- Cincinnati, OH

2008- Columbia, SC

2009- Chicago, IL x 2 / Ed Vedder- Atlanta, GA x 2

2010- Bristow, VA

2011- Alpine Valley, WI (PJ20) x 2 / Ed Vedder- Chicago, IL

2012- Atlanta, GA

2013- Charlotte, NC

2014- Cincinnati, OH

2015- New York, NY

2016- Greenville, SC: Hampton, VA:: Columbia, SC: Raleigh, NC : Lexington, KY: Philly, PA 2: (Wrigley) Chicago, IL x 2 (holy shit): Temple of the Dog- Philly, PA

2017- ED VED- Louisville, KY

2018- Chicago, IL x2, Boston, MA x2

2020- Nashville, TN 

2022- Smashville 

2023- Austin, TX x2

2024- Baltimore

• Options
    BergfallBergfall Posts: 115
    Shocked that 10C still have so many adament supporters....what have 10C/PJ done for vinyl enthusiasts other than f*ck them??? They know very, very, very well what happens when limited wax appears for a few hours then is never to be seen again here in the shop....a mail, a plan, a sense that they gave a shit that a few people flip these for heavy profit have maybe just gotten PJ vinyl eczema or the likes....

10C may be a club of sorts, but the fans just stand around blowing
  • Options
    MdeanseattleMdeanseattle West Seattle Posts: 63
    I don't feel f*#%#* . I haven't come across ukulele album or last years vault vinyl in a bootleg. I have a feeling any more re issue will wait till the pono player comes out. And next year is PJ 25.
    You MAY see a complete box vinyl set of all albums and the Wrigley Field as a pre purchase blu ray.
    Bergfall said:

Shocked that 10C still have so many adament supporters....what have 10C/PJ done for vinyl enthusiasts other than f*ck them??? They know very, very, very well what happens when limited wax appears for a few hours then is never to be seen again here in the shop....a mail, a plan, a sense that they gave a shit that a few people flip these for heavy profit have maybe just gotten PJ vinyl eczema or the likes....

10C may be a club of sorts, but the fans just stand around blowing

• Options
    Patrick_Sea3Patrick_Sea3 West Seattle Posts: 890
    Received both today
  • Options
    KC2917KC2917 Posts: 871
    hrd2imgn said:

bone said:

They seem just so backwards that a band that pushed so hard for vinyl's resurgence hasn't actually capitalized on it.

then they couldn't keep up artificial demand and create rarities like Benaroya to sell on ebay (albeit for great causes) Amazing how something numbered to 2000 has all these specially numbered ones as well. So how many did they really print?

I know they don't want to sit on inventory, so why not take pre-paid pre-orders for a month so people who want them can get as many as they please. I agree 100% for a Vinyl loving and promoting band they sure do a good job of not making enough forcing fans to pay outrageous prices for vinyls. I wonder if they have shell names on e-bay and are just selling their old inventory under 50 surnames.......

To your comment about them not making enough vinyl... None of their albums were ever hard to buy when first released. They pressed plenty to meet the demand at the time. It's not really fair to blame the band for people jumping on the vinyl bandwagon years later.
  • Options
    SpagsSpags Leigh-on-Sea, UK Posts: 2,945
    But there is a vinyl revival happening, Pearl Jam are being shortsighted not rereleasing records during this period.
    Nature drunk and High
  • Options
    The orange one looks pretty cool.
    Not mine but a friends sweet snapshots!

• Options
    PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,630
    edited June 2014

I don't support my local flipper either because I don't buy into the hype. It's odd how people justify buying counterfeit records because the band won't reissue them. Wow, the entitlement. The reissues might not even be a band issue. It might be a band/label issue. It might be case where they get their masters back after a certain amount of years like a lot of bands or might have to buy their back catalog back like Metallica did. Who knows what their contracts are. The bottom line is buying counterfeit products supports nothing but thieves. I don't support thieves.

Pretty sure PJ can reissue if they want to but are choosing to hold off for now for whatever reason. But anyway, I totally agree with you. These are illegal counterfeits and the people who make them are stealing from the band we proclaim to love, yet people aren't hesitating to buy them. It's pretty low. Yez, i know people want the albuMs on vinyl and don't want to.wait for the reissues... but that shouldn't make anyone feel justified in participating in theft from Pearl Jam. Everyone should stop buying these things. I'm actually surprised how open people are being about it on 10C's boards and that the 10c mods haven't said anything.... maybe they and the band don't really care. Fair enough. That still doesn't make it right to be a part of the illegal counterfeit industry - one that truly does hurt artists...... Oh but yeah, who cares about any of that if you can save some money, right?! :-q

I'm not trying to be a dick btw. I know some wonderful people buy these things.... but I do hope people stop and think about this issue and make the decision not to buy any more of them.
    Post edited by PJ_Soul on
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    djmikeyz28djmikeyz28 Posts: 281
    PJ_Soul said:

I don't support my local flipper either because I don't buy into the hype. It's odd how people justify buying counterfeit records because the band won't reissue them. Wow, the entitlement. The reissues might not even be a band issue. It might be a band/label issue. It might be case where they get their masters back after a certain amount of years like a lot of bands or might have to buy their back catalog back like Metallica did. Who knows what their contracts are. The bottom line is buying counterfeit products supports nothing but thieves. I don't support thieves.

Pretty sure PJ can reissue if they want to but are choosing to hold off for now for whatever reason. But anyway, I totally agree with you. These are illegal counterfeits and the people who make them are stealing from the band we proclaim to love, yet people aren't hesitating to buy them. It's pretty low. Yez, i know people want the albuMs on vinyl and don't want to.wait for the reissues... but that shouldn't make anyone feel justified in participating in theft from Pearl Jam. Everyone should stop buying these things. I'm actually surprised how open people are being about it on 10C's boards and that the 10c mods haven't said anything.... maybe they and the band don't really care. Fair enough. That still doesn't make it right to be a part of the illegal counterfeit industry - one that truly does hurt artists...... Oh but yeah, who cares about any of that if you can save some money, right?! :-q

I'm not trying to be a dick btw. I know some wonderful people buy these things.... but I do hope people stop and think about this issue and make the decision not to buy any more of them.
    You couldn't be more wrong about this if you tried. The only outlet to purchase "official" vinyl of most of Pearl Jam's releases is the secondary market. So buying bootlegs doesn't effect the band in the least. It hurts secondary sellers. Either way the same amount goes to the band: 0.

Someday there will be reissues of all of the studio albums. And that will drive down the value of the original pressings, and completely kill the value of the bootlegs. And anyone that's a serious vinyl lover/collector will buy the reissue regardless of whether or not they already have a bootleg copy.

As far as I can tell, the only people that have an interest in keeping the bootlegs away are the collectors that are more concerned with the value of their collection than they are with people being able to enjoy the music.
    Chicago-United Center 6/18/2003
    Chicago-United Center 5/17/2006
    Chicago-United Center 8/24/2009
    Ed Solo Chicago-Chicago Theatre 6/29/2011
    PJ20-Alpine Valley 9/3/2011 + 9/4/2011
    Chicago-Wrigley 7/19/2013
  • Options
    edited June 2014

PJ_Soul said:

You couldn't be more wrong about this if you tried. The only outlet to purchase "official" vinyl of most of Pearl Jam's releases is the secondary market. So buying bootlegs doesn't effect the band in the least. It hurts secondary sellers. Either way the same amount goes to the band: 0.

Someday there will be reissues of all of the studio albums. And that will drive down the value of the original pressings, and completely kill the value of the bootlegs. And anyone that's a serious vinyl lover/collector will buy the reissue regardless of whether or not they already have a bootleg copy.

As far as I can tell, the only people that have an interest in keeping the bootlegs away are the collectors that are more concerned with the value of their collection than they are with people being able to enjoy the music.
    I am not saying that it hurts PJ financially (it can hurt some artists that way though). I am talking about the theft of their work. Not everything is about money.

I couldn't care less about the money value of my records. I play them, in don't sell them. Again, not everything is about money. I don't like people stealing other people's art to make a buck. It's about right and wrong, not to mention the law.
    Post edited by PJ_Soul on
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    Guy DudebroGuy Dudebro Posts: 1,352
    edited June 2014

PJ_Soul said:

I don't support my local flipper either because don't buy into the hype. It's odd how people justify buying counterfeit records because the band won't reissue them. Wow, the entitlement. The reissues might not even be a band issue. It might be a band/label issue. It might be case where they get their masters back after a certain amount of years like a lot of bands or might have to buy their back catalog back like Metallica did. Who knows what their contracts are. The bottom line is buying counterfeit products supports nothing but thieves. I don

Ummmmm....... yeah. You do realize once you purchase a counterfeit copy of Avocado that you are no closer to owning a real copy of Avocado right? All you are getting is an imitation piece of shit. And to make it all the better, the money you spent has gone toward a criminal element. I'm not just being dramatic, those are facts. People can say all they want about how counterfeiting doesn't hurt anybody. It does. Just like illegal downloading doesn't hurt anybody right? It does. It wiped out a whole industry and a ton of jobs to go with it. Labels, raw material suppliers, distibutors, retailers; it's a long list. As I stated in the other thread about these counterfeits, it's not just a few PJ and EV records. There is a TON of counterfeited records being pressed. It's a giant underground industry and that money isn't going anywhere good. There's no arguing that. Now if you'll excuse me I'm going to fire up the inkjet and make some Sao Paulo stickers because they're quite expensive on the secondary market and Pearl Jam is fucking me because they refuse to make some more available to us self entitled sticker collectors. They're going to be similar to the originals, but still not original, so I'm only going to charge $20 each for them. No harm in that.
    Post edited by Guy Dudebro on
  • Options
    mwplummwplum Posts: 1,518
    I'm sure 95% of the people buying these now at a fraction of the market value (eg. Yield at $30 vs. $500), will gladly buy officials when they come out. The issue appears to be clear; that the majority of people who have rediscovered vinyl simply do not have $500 to shell out for each record.

As much as the merits can be argued back for forth for/and against, at the end of the day, I really just see this as progress.

Back in the day, prior to the band issuing live bootlegs from each show, there used to be all sorts of unauthorized CDs floating around out there. I recall picking up one such CD, No Fucking Messiah, a mix of live stuff from Atlanta, SNL, and other shows for like $45 (yes, for a CD) at a record store in Bellingham around 1995. It was awesome, as it expanded my PJ appreciation, opening me up to songs like Crazy Mary, and I've got a Feelin. Once enough unauthorized random CDs came out, the band started issuing live recordings from each show. Perhaps these bootlegs can do the same, motivate the band/management to put out some official re-issues.

At preset, there's a whole section of fans salivating over the possibility of re-issues. The argument against seems to be that the band doesn't want to get stuck with extra inventory. So yes, sell it like Vault 3 was sold (orders in advance), and problem is solved (for the most part).

1992-07-21 Vancouver
    1993-9-4 Vancouver
    1996-9-16 Seattle
    1998-7-19 Vancouver, 7-21 Seattle, Memorial Stadium
    2000-11-6 Seattle
    2001-10-22 Seattle
    2002 -12-09 Seattle
    2009-8-17 Manchester, 9-25 Vancouver
    2011-6-16 Seattle (EV), 9-3/4 PJ20, 9-25 Vancouver
    2012-6-27 Amsterdam (#2!)
    2013-11-29 Portland, 12-4 Vancouver, 12-6 Seattle
    2014-AUS - 1-26 Sydney, 1-31 Adelaide, 2-11/12 EV Sydney State Theatre, 2-13 EV Opera House
    2014 - USA - Memphis, Detroit, MOLINE, St. Paul, MILWAUKEE, Denver, 25/26 Bridge School
    2016 - Lexington, Philly x 2, MSG x 2, Quebec City, Ottawa, Toronto x 2, Pemberton, Fenway x 2, Wrigley x 2
    2018 - Seattle x 2, Missoula, Fenway x 2
  • Options
    Oh, and I forgot to mention that they also suck because people get duped by bootlegs. Not everyone is an expert and get fooled by these things. They think they're buying the real.deal and spend lots of money only to find out later that they are stuck with a crappy reproduction. Not cool. It's not like these things have big "Illegal bootleg" stickers on them. Many are made with the intention of trying to fool people.
  • Options
    SVRDhand13SVRDhand13 NYC Posts: 25,894
    demetrios said:

The orange one looks pretty cool.
    Not mine but a friends sweet snapshots!

Looks awesome but any word on how it sounds?
    severed hand thirteen

2006: Gorge 7/23 2008: Hartford 6/27 Beacon 7/1 2009: Spectrum 10/30-31
    2010: Newark 5/18 MSG 5/20-21 2011: PJ20 9/3-4 2012: Made In America 9/2
    2013: Brooklyn 10/18-19 Philly 10/21-22 Hartford 10/25 2014: ACL10/12
    2015: NYC 9/23 2016: Tampa 4/11 Philly 4/28-29 MSG 5/1-2 Fenway 8/5+8/7
    2017: RRHoF 4/7   2018: Fenway 9/2+9/4   2021: Sea Hear Now 9/18 
    2022: MSG 9/11  2024: MSG 9/3-4 Philly 9/7+9/9 Fenway 9/15+9/17
  • Options
    TravelarTravelar Kalamazoo, USA Posts: 3,360
    PJ_Soul said:

Many are made with the intention of trying to fool people.

Given the price of some of these on eBay, this is definitely a fact. I saw some of these over the $100 mark, which is just bullshit.
  • Options
    Travelar said:

PJ_Soul said:

Many are made with the intention of trying to fool people.

Given the price of some of these on eBay, this is definitely a fact. I saw some of these over the $100 mark, which is just bullshit.
    Yep.
    I got screwed because of an illegal bootleg once myself.... or more accurately, the person who sold it to me on ebay was the one who really got screwed. It was The Killers' "Hot Fuss". The seller was under the impression that it was real (didn't know any better, even though once I got it, it was obvious to me). She gave me the correct number on the spine and everything. Total fake, and poor quality. Once I received it and I realized it was a bootleg but had paid an amount more suitable to the real thing, the seller had to refund me (we worked out a deal of a $75 refund so that I wouldn't have to pay the huge return shipping). It was a real pain in the ass for both me and the seller and we both lost money on it.
  • Options
    adogcalledegoadogcalledego Hamburg Posts: 15
    edited July 2014
    I have got all the current bootlegs (Avocado, Yield, Binaural, No Code) and the original pressings, too. If you are into collecting vinyl and can get the boots for a decent price, buy them, at least they look nice. In terms of sound: Avocado and Yield sound surprisingly good. Binaural and No Code only look nice, the sound is amazingly shitty. They are distorted and there is lots of crackling and noise going on. Plus apparently they made a mistake when ripping the source material from CD: there is an additional little break between the songs which becomes pretty obvious when the songs should actually morph into each other like Hail,Hail and Who You Are… Don´t pay more than 40 bucks for these otherwise you will be really really disappointed.
    Spotifiy is to music, what KFC is to chicken...
  • Options
    TravelarTravelar Kalamazoo, USA Posts: 3,360

Don´t pay more than 40 bucks for these otherwise you will be really really disappointed.

Thanks for the words of advice. I've been waiting for someone to post something on sound quality.
  • Options
    Leezestarr313Leezestarr313 Temple of the cat Posts: 14,346
    edited July 2014
    If they fear so much having too much inventory, why not just press a smaller amount? Or yes, like others have suggested numerous times now, make it to order. I think it is no surprise that the first two box sets still have leftovers. They are nice and everything, but these are the albums that have been readily available on vinyl anyways. Why does it always have to be either a ginormous amount of pressings or none at all? Smaller bands are doing stuff like this all the time, why can't PJ?
    I also hope they won't reissue the remaining albums in one box. Because then there is again a big amount of money to be shelled out, which is what is preventing most people now from obtaining the original pressings.

Also, the warehouse is empty now, after all the mystery boxes. Maybe they needed to make room to store all the reissues? :-j

And last but not least - PLEASE REISSUE THE BENAROYA HALL SHOW ON VINYL! Thank you, Pearl Jam

:-h
    Post edited by Leezestarr313 on
  • Options
    High Fidelity 2000High Fidelity 2000 New Mexico USA Posts: 4,435

The Avocado/Yield bootlegs I got were decent. Sound probably wasn't as good as the original vinyl and each record had an imperfection that caused skipping.but overall not a bad purchase.

Sounds totally worth it! ;)
    ABQ 93, Las Cruces 95, ABQ 98, Bridge School 10/30/99, Lubbock 00, ABQ 00, Denver 03, State College 03, San Diego 03, Vegas 03, PHX 03, D.C. 03, Camden 7/5/03, NYC 7/8/03 + 7/9/03, Vegas 06, San Francisco 7/15/06 + 7/16/06 + 7/18/06, Kansas City 10, EV:ABQ 11/6/12, Chicago 13, PHX 13, Denver 14--PJ24!, Telluride 16, Chicago 8/20/16, Chicago 8/18/18, Denver 20, Phoenix 20

New Mexico Pearl Jam Fans (New Mexico, USA) on Facebook!
  • Options
    Just received the No Code & Binaural vinyls. The cardboard casing is pretty thin & flimsy. As for the colored vinyl, it's pretty!!

Wonder what will be next for these folks. Just imagine if they do release the 4 LP Benaroya Hall Box Set?
  • Options
    adogcalledegoadogcalledego Hamburg Posts: 15
    Would be interesting to know whether you also think they sound shitty. For Binaural I couldn´t finish side 1, it hurt my ears. Don´t think they´ll do Benaroya, probably Riot Act. For me it looks like they are into making money by cheaply copying sought-after records and selling them way over value. They probably cost 10€ in the making and the cheapest ones I saw for sale were about 30€. That´s not a bad margin. Making a 4 LP Box is pretty expensive, they´d need quite some sales…I´d be gladly proven wrong although I would prefer the real deal, especially when I listen to the poor sound of the NC and Binaural Boots.

Thus I´ll keep hoping for an official Benaroya reissue…
    Spotifiy is to music, what KFC is to chicken...