Options

David Letterman is Back

Comments

• Options
    The Waiting Trophy ManThe Waiting Trophy Man Niagara region, Ontario, Canada Posts: 12,158
    hedonist said:

Yeah Vedder's surprise appearance on Letterman- one of my favourite TV moments of all time. I was a super-fan even back then. When Ed came out, I literally jumped out of my seat. I was down on the floor in front of the TV. I must've looked ridiculous, lol

I was a late-bloomer with PJ, but that's how I watched Grievance. Like a kid watching cartoons Saturday morning, up-close and giddy.

Fucking great.

Haha, like Saturday morning cartoons, exactly :D
    Another habit says it's in love with you
    Another habit says its long overdue
    Another habit like an unwanted friend
    I'm so happy with my righteous self
  • Options
    WhatYouTaughtMeWhatYouTaughtMe I have no idea what's going on right now! Posts: 4,957

Yeah Vedder's surprise appearance on Letterman- one of my favourite TV moments of all time. I was a super-fan even back then. When Ed came out, I literally jumped out of my seat. I was down on the floor in front of the TV. I must've looked ridiculous, lol

I remember thinking how unusual that was for him at the time. Trying to avoid the spotlight in a lot of ways and then coming out and showing a little humor in what had to be an awkward performance. Good stuff.
  • Options
    The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,287
    hedonist said:

I was a late-bloomer with PJ, but that's how I watched Grievance. Like a kid watching cartoons Saturday morning, up-close and giddy.

Fucking great.

i was in college for the grievance show....i remember running home from the bar to watch it and being shocked that they didnt play nais.....then running back to the bar
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    hedonisthedonist standing on the edge of forever Posts: 24,524
    The quality of this is as bad as it is hilarious. One of my favorites.

Don't fuck with monkeys!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cUrv8KuUuco
  • Options
    rriversrrivers Posts: 3,687
    How do you unsubscribe to a thread on this shitty board?
    "We're fixed good, lamp-wise."
  • Options
    rrivers said:

How do you unsubscribe to a thread on this shitty board?

Hello, left field!

Maybe not visit this "shitty board"?

Or check out the technical section of (again) this shitty board.
  • Options
    I don't visit it. I keep getting emails every time someone posts in this thread because I posted in it a long time ago. I am no longer interested in the discussion so I'd like to opt out. In 2014 it doesn't seem like it would be that hard for a major band to have a board where you can easily unsubscribe to a thread without having to search through a technical section.
  • Options
    You can unbookmark threads.

Plus you know what thread the emails are for so...don't click on it.

Boom! Done.
  • Options
    Nope, I don't have any threads listed as bookmarked. So I will just comb through 15 emails every time someone posts as happened the other day when Letterman announced his final date instead of just having an easy opt out option. Yeah that makes more sense.
  • Options
    rrivers said:

Nope, I don't have any threads listed as bookmarked. So I will just comb through 15 emails every time someone posts as happened the other day when Letterman announced his final date instead of just having an easy opt out option. Yeah that makes more sense.

hello!
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    uh oh.....another email for rrivers!
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    hedonist said:

The quality of this is as bad as it is hilarious. One of my favorites.

Don't fuck with monkeys!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cUrv8KuUuco

that was funny
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    bump for rrivers
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
  • Options
    There's a short cut-through street near my home I used to drive. On it was one of those shi-shi private gyms. Several years ago, I almost ran over Richard Simmons when he left the gym (avec the famous shorts) without looking. Just stepped into the street.

I got the "oops" face.

(note that this happened again, a few months later. Son of a...!)

He seems alright, actually, if not a bit overdone / sad. Strange bird, he is.
  • Options
    Jason PJason P Posts: 19,123
    SD48277 wrote: »
    It was announced that Larry Wilmore, the "Senior Black Correspondent" on The Daily Show, will be taking over Colbert's time slot. The new show will be called "The MinorityReport."

Not a huge fan of Larry Wilmore. His timing is awkward in his bits.
  • Options
    HobbesHobbes Pacific Northwest Posts: 6,383
    Jason P wrote: »
    SD48277 wrote: »
    It was announced that Larry Wilmore, the "Senior Black Correspondent" on The Daily Show, will be taking over Colbert's time slot. The new show will be called "The MinorityReport."

Not a huge fan of Larry Wilmore. His timing is awkward in his bits.

Same. Gonna give him time to find his groove. Didn't like Colbert at first, either.

Now called The Nightly Show. I guess Fox has a show in the works based on the movie Minority Report.
  • Options
    bump
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    Inspired by an earlier AMT exchange with my friend Thirty. Searched it out further and found this!

Wave to rrivers too :-D

(also, I encourage seeking out the Playing for Change version)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dDaLEGb_mo8
  • Options
    Jason PJason P Posts: 19,123
    th?id=HN.608006905250516288&pid=15.1&P=0
  • Options
    :-D
    I like Jay, and he has great taste in cars.
  • Options
    hedonist wrote: »

i don't like jay. i wonder if riverss likes jay...

riverss? care to chime in?
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options

What've you got against Jay? It's his chin, isn't it?

My sister and I had his home number years ago - can't remember how we obtained it, but I do remember his answering machine message of "Neither Mavis nor I can come to the phone right now..."
  • Options

My sister and I had his home number years ago - can't remember how we obtained it, but I do remember his answering machine message of "Neither Mavis nor I can come to the phone right now..."

i just do not find him funny,..however the answer machine message ---now that's funny. did you ever prank him?

i wonder if rrivers likes jay leno...
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options

i just do not find him funny,..however the answer machine message ---now that's funny. did you ever prank him?

We never did, but in hindsight I wish it'd happened; probably couldn't get away with that nowadays.

Here's an odd coincidence though - Jay once called ME looking for Fred De Cordova, who was the producer of the Tonight Show when it was under Carson's reign. This must've been around the time when Jay took it over. Turns out my number was one digit off from Fred's.

Talk about regretting not pranking!

• Options

We never did, but in hindsight I wish it'd happened; probably couldn't get away with that nowadays.

Here's an odd coincidence though - Jay once called ME looking for Fred De Cordova, who was the producer of the Tonight Show when it was under Carson's reign. This must've been around the time when Jay took it over. Turns out my number was one digit off from Fred's.

wow. i'm very disappointed in you for not taking advantage of the pranking potential you had there!

i wonder if rrivers is disappointed too. rrivers? care to chime in?
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options

wow. i'm very disappointed in you for not taking advantage of the pranking potential you had there!

I've been a little leery of pranks since the time I had a dozen pizzas delivered to my ex-best friend Julie's house because she dropped the e from her name and started dotting the i with a heart. I was 10 or 11...and freaked out when I heard sirens shortly after.

Do miss the days of almost pissing myself laughing while doing those random pick-a-name from the phone book pranks. Oh, to be 30 again :-D

Happy new year, rrivers!

• Options

I've been a little leery of pranks since the time I had a dozen pizzas delivered to my ex-best friend Julie's house because she dropped the e from her name and started dotting the i with a heart. I was 10 or 11...and freaked out when I heard sirens shortly after.

Do miss the days of almost pissing myself laughing while doing those random pick-a-name from the phone book pranks. Oh, to be 30 again :-D

Happy new year, rrivers!

Whaaaa? You were arrested at age 11 for a prank call?? Haha...to give you an idea of my maturity level, I did that to someone in college.
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options

Happy new year, rrivers!

Whaaaa? You were arrested at age 11 for a prank call?? Haha...to give you an idea of my maturity level, I did that to someone in college.

My young paranoid ass thought I was toast, but alas, was still bread.

Nice to see others with similar immature tendencies.

That Letterman fellow is quite the prankster too.

(topic integrity, you understand.)

Apologies to rrivers 8->