David Letterman is Back

Comments

• PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,473
    norm said:

SD48277 said:

So now that we know Colbert is replacing Letterman, who will be filling Colbert's spot in Comedy Central?

i'm hoping they expand the daily show to an hour...jon already goes over time on most of his guests so why not
    :)
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • SD48277SD48277 Woodstock, NY Posts: 12,242
    norm said:

SD48277 said:

So now that we know Colbert is replacing Letterman, who will be filling Colbert's spot in Comedy Central?

i'm hoping they expand the daily show to an hour...jon already goes over time on most of his guests so why not
    Oo...I like this idea.
    ELITIST FUK
  • hedonisthedonist standing on the edge of forever Posts: 24,524
    When my nephew was born, he looked just like Bill Maher.

So will Letterman's staff be out of a job, or Colbert's?
    hedonist said:

When my nephew was born, he looked just like Bill Maher.

Probably some of both, but some from both will keep jobs.
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • chadwickchadwick up my ass Posts: 21,157
    paul on piano?
    for poetry through the ceiling. ISBN: 1 4241 8840 7

"Hear me, my chiefs!
    I am tired; my heart is
    sick and sad. From where
    the sun stands I will fight
    no more forever."

Chief Joseph - Nez Perce
  • normnorm I'm always home. I'm uncool. Posts: 31,147
    hedonist said:

letterman's...colbert is bringing his writing staff with him
    norm said:

hedonist said:

Yeah, but just the writing staff. What about everyone else? I doubt the entire Letterman crew is getting fired.
  • normnorm I'm always home. I'm uncool. Posts: 31,147
    PJ_Soul said:

norm said:

hedonist said:

Yeah, but just the writing staff. What about everyone else? I doubt the entire Letterman crew is getting fired.
    possibly the cameramen etc but most of the people that work on the show have done so since the beginning back in the 80's...so i assume many will retire or find other jobs
  • igotid88igotid88 Posts: 27,141
    norm said:

PJ_Soul said:

norm said:

hedonist said:

possibly the cameramen etc but most of the people that work on the show have done so since the beginning back in the 80's...so i assume many will retire or find other jobs
    I think the cameramen will stay.
    I miss igotid88
    edited April 2014
    igotid88 said:

norm said:

PJ_Soul said:

norm said:

hedonist said:

I think a lot more that just the cameramen will stay. Make up, costumes, tech people, social media folks, marketing, financials, tons of behind the scenes roles.... Letterman's show likely employs way more people than Colbert's show does.
  • The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,141
    igotid88 said:

norm said:

PJ_Soul said:

norm said:

hedonist said:

the cameramen are OUT. they're OUT.
    chinese-happy.jpg

igotid88 said:

norm said:

PJ_Soul said:

norm said:

hedonist said:

I'm not sure if this is true or some kind of Colbert or Letterman schtick reference, lol. :P
    PJ_Soul said:

igotid88 said:

norm said:

PJ_Soul said:

norm said:

hedonist said:

I'm not sure if this is true or some kind of Colbert or Letterman schtick reference, lol. :P
    it's a juggler reference. nothing more. nothing less.

also--there's no guarantee the show will stay at the ed sullivan theater, let alone new york. so i don't think any of their jobs are safe.

i'm really going to miss dave and i fee bad i have not watch his show that much over the last few years. gonna start watching more regularly until he's done. the other night with lohan was funny......and by the way, lohan looks and sounds like she's aged 40 years in the last 10.
    chinese-happy.jpg
    Ferguson is now leaving
    I miss igotid88
  • SD48277SD48277 Woodstock, NY Posts: 12,242
    It was announced that Larry Wilmore, the "Senior Black Correspondent" on The Daily Show, will be taking over Colbert's time slot. The new show will be called "The MinorityReport."
    ELITIST FUK
    May 20, 2015
    I miss igotid88
  • The Waiting Trophy ManThe Waiting Trophy Man Niagara region, Ontario, Canada Posts: 12,158
    Pearl Jam should play his final show.
    Another habit says it's in love with you
    Another habit says its long overdue
    Another habit like an unwanted friend
    I'm so happy with my righteous self

that would be awesome. i hope they at least play there before he's done.
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • The Waiting Trophy ManThe Waiting Trophy Man Niagara region, Ontario, Canada Posts: 12,158

They should play one more time, agreed.

They should play one more time, agreed.
    Wonder what their schedule looks like that week?
    I miss igotid88
    I'm sure they can make it to New York between now and May.

Bruce Springsteen played Dave's final show at Late Night- before he moved to the Late Show. I think that was 1993. Fuck I feel old.

Wouldn't object to Puscifer either. Their performance of Conditions of My Parole is one of my favorites (not to mention Dave's intro for it).

And two of my favorite - old?! - memories of PJ on Letterman are Grievance, and Ed joining Pete on Heart to Hold Onto.

Also just thought of Ed's Without You. I don't know how many times I've watched/listened to/felt that version.

"If I had this guy's voice, you could all kiss my ass"

Fuckin' A.

I'm sure they can make it to New York between now and May.

Bruce Springsteen played Dave's final show at Late Night- before he moved to the Late Show. I think that was 1993. Fuck I feel old.

But they might be touring with their side projects. Either way they probably contacted those they would like to appear that week just to be safe.
    I miss igotid88
    hedonist said:

Wouldn't object to Puscifer either. Their performance of Conditions of My Parole is one of my favorites (not to mention Dave's intro for it).

And two of my favorite - old?! - memories of PJ on Letterman are Grievance, and Ed joining Pete on Heart to Hold Onto.

Also just thought of Ed's Without You. I don't know how many times I've watched/listened to/felt that version.

Fuckin' A.
    those are great....this will always be my favorite pj television performance of all time though:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zOAzJFd4KDA
    chinese-happy.jpg
    hedonist said:

Fuckin' A.
    He also said something similar with Tony Joe White
    http://youtu.be/_oAtWoNWrR4
    I miss igotid88

hedonist said:

Fuckin' A.
    those are great....this will always be my favorite pj television performance of all time though:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zOAzJFd4KDA
    I do love that too, plus it's one of their close-to-my-heart songs.

Since we're moseying down memory Letterman Lane...
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OlZKFJueoIA
    Yeah Vedder's surprise appearance on Letterman- one of my favourite TV moments of all time. I was a super-fan even back then. When Ed came out, I literally jumped out of my seat. I was down on the floor in front of the TV. I must've looked ridiculous, lol

Yeah Vedder's surprise appearance on Letterman- one of my favourite TV moments of all time. I was a super-fan even back then. When Ed came out, I literally jumped out of my seat. I was down on the floor in front of the TV. I must've looked ridiculous, lol

I was a late-bloomer with PJ, but that's how I watched Grievance. Like a kid watching cartoons Saturday morning, up-close and giddy.

Fucking great.