Options

PHILLY (Loosely Related to The Philadelphia Phillies)

Comments

• Options
    The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,298
    onward and upward

http://www.baseballamerica.com/minors/2018-philadelphia-phillies-top-10-prospects/#3c2zZkKI3DXDtQ27.97

SYSTEM OVERVIEW

Strengths: The Phillies have one of the deepest farm systems in baseball thanks to a strong international program, trades and high draft picks. Even with Rhys Hoskins and Nick Williams graduating, the club has more upper-level bats ready to help with J.P. Crawford and Scott Kingery. The Latin American pitching pipeline continues to be a strength, led by Sixto Sanchez, with arms like Seranthony DominguezRanger Suarez and Francisco Morales continuing to pop up.

Weaknesses:  The Phillies don't have a glaring weakness on the farm because the system is well balanced. While they have starting pitching prospects in the system, nobody will likely help them in 2018 beyond back-end starters like Drew Anderson or Tom Eshelman.

Philliess Top 10 Prospects
    1. J.P. Crawford, SS
    2. Sixto Sanchez, RHP
    3. Scott Kingery, 2B
    4. Adonis Medina, RHP
    5. Adam Haseley, OF
    6. Jojo Romero, LHP
    7. Jhailyn Ortiz, OF
    8. Jorge Alfaro, C
    9. Mickey Moniak, OF1
    0. Franklyn Kilome, RHP
    Read more at http://www.baseballamerica.com/minors/2018-philadelphia-phillies-top-10-prospects/#YzGWf6cYCFv43BQJ.99

chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options

pjhawks said:
    Kapler it is.

Klentak making his mark on this franchise 
    yes but is that a good thing?  how can you hire someone who has never managed and only coached for 1 year at the very lowest level of baseball?  personally i think it's a dumb hire.   how do you hire someone with no on field experience for the top managerial job in your organization?  i hope i'm wrong and will freely admit down the line if i am but i don't find it likely.
    Well that's more experience than Matheny had when the Cardinals hired him. Worked out okay for them so far. We shall see. 
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,603
    I like the hire a lot. The way baseball seems to be going.

i also can't stand gave kapler in general. He's a tool 
  • Options
    F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,625
    Can he give a press conference in his front yard like T.O.?

The love he receives is the love that is saved
  • Options
    eeriepadaveeeriepadave West Chester, PA Posts: 40,891
    Can he give a press conference in his front yard like T.O.?

is that him?  wow!

bf959b1f-9b77-457c-baf8-038776f33339_zps8a6a389d.jpg?t=1365722973
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly
    Eddie Vedder- 6/25/11- Philly
  • Options
    F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,625
    Yeah, he was big on the muscle mags as a player.  My buddy was a huge Tigers fan when he came up with them and he was always laughing at the pictures.  Hey, if I worked out like a beast and looked like that I would probably walk around w/o my shirt off as well.  (The T.O. comparison fits only from the physique and showing it off piece...he seems to be a well adjusted human being, unlike our friend T.O.)
  • Options
    WobbieWobbie Posts: 29,478

juicer.
    If I had known then what I know now...

Vegas 93, Vegas 98, Vegas 00 (10 year show), Vegas 03, Vegas 06
    VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Seattle1 09, Seattle2 09, Salt Lake 09, LA4 09
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • Options
    Wobbie said:

juicer.

They hired Bonds?!?
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    WobbieWobbie Posts: 29,478
    he was in boston ‘03-‘04.....everyone there was juicing.
    If I had known then what I know now...

Vegas 93, Vegas 98, Vegas 00 (10 year show), Vegas 03, Vegas 06
    VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Seattle1 09, Seattle2 09, Salt Lake 09, LA4 09
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • Options
    Wobbie said:
    he was in boston ‘03-‘04.....everyone there was juicing.
    Oh no!
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    Jearlpam0925Jearlpam0925 Deep South Philly Posts: 16,787
    I implore you all to get to Jake's at 12th and Sansom for the Turducken sandwich.
  • Options
    Dilly, dilly

Will have to check that out
  • Options
    I implore you all to get to Jake's at 12th and Sansom for the Turducken sandwich.
    Do not know if I had the tuducken there, but Jake's is ay okay in my book.  Used to have this insanely spicy cheesesteak that was good.  Lots of good sandwiches there.
  • Options
    Do not know if I had the tuducken there, but Jake's is ay okay in my book.  Used to have this insanely spicy cheesesteak that was good.  Lots of good sandwiches there.
    The Wasabi cheesesteak. I think they got rid of it. Fucking delicious. I usually go with their 50/50 - half bacon, half pork with this awesome Sriracha spread and shredded sharp Provolone.

The Turducken is only in the month of November/for Thanksgiving. So good.
  • Options
    The Wasabi cheesesteak. I think they got rid of it. Fucking delicious. I usually go with their 50/50 - half bacon, half pork with this awesome Sriracha spread and shredded sharp Provolone.

The Turducken is only in the month of November/for Thanksgiving. So good.
    Dude, before the Wasabi one they had a ghost pepper one that you had to sign a waiver (for show), but it was bananas hot but so good.  The wasabi one was good too.

Yes!  The 50/50.  It is sooo god damn good.  Went there maybe once a quarter when I was working in that ood.
  • Options
    Well.....Gabe is giving me a semi. I assume motivational speaking is in his future, if it's not already?
  • Options
    Did he have his shirt on?
  • Options
    Surprisingly, yes - probably would've drove me over the edge otherwise...
  • Options
    Surprisingly, yes - probably would've drove me over the edge otherwise...
    :lol:
  • Options
    pjhawkspjhawks Posts: 12,203
    Kapler seems like a giant dbag.
  • Options
    JK_LivinJK_Livin South Jersey Posts: 7,364
    pjhawks said:
    Ha. How long a leash is this guy getting? I would bet a long one because it's Klentak's 1st big deal.
    Alright, alright, alright!
    Tom O.
    "I never had any friends later on like the ones I had when I was twelve. Jesus, does anyone?"
    -The Writer
  • Options
    pjhawks said:
    Massive tool.  Massive massive tool.  I think he could be a real good manager though, if his personality isn't too overbearing. 
  • Options
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    pjhawkspjhawks Posts: 12,203
    I would be willing to bet Kyle was a big Chip Kelly fan too.
  • Options
    edited November 2017
    pjhawks said:
    pjhawks said:
    He writes for The Philly Voice. Figures you’ve never heard of him. 
    Post edited by The Juggler on
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    The FixerThe Fixer Posts: 12,837
    edited November 2017
    Love the kapler hire.  Now they just need 22 players who don't suck (sans hoskins, crawford, nola).  
    I actually think klentak would be a good GM if he had autonomy to do things. Hopefully this hire is the beginning of the end of the moron crew of montgomery, macphail, etc.
    still gonna take forever for this team to become legit due to the lack of any pitching coming in the near future.  they just can't develop pitching at all

I really can't wait til kapler puts odubels' dumb ass in a headlock after he makes his first dumb play, which will inevitably happen in the first series of the year.  I hate odubel almost as much as I hated howard
  • Options
    The FixerThe Fixer Posts: 12,837
    probably already discussed, but did anyone watch the cubs documentary?  does this band even exist anymore?  does anyone care?  I certainly don't.  so much good music out there these days
  • Options
    edited November 2017
    The Fixer said:
    Love the kapler hire.  Now they just need 22 players who don't suck (sans hoskins, crawford, nola).  
    I actually think klentak would be a good GM if he had autonomy to do things. Hopefully this hire is the beginning of the end of the moron crew of montgomery, macphail, etc.
    still gonna take forever for this team to become legit due to the lack of any pitching coming in the near future.  they just can't develop pitching at all

I really can't wait til kapler puts odubels' dumb ass in a headlock after he makes his first dumb play, which will inevitably happen in the first series of the year.  I hate odubel almost as much as I hated howard
    Finally coming around on Hoskins, eh? Better late than never. 

I don't think the organization is in as bad a shape as you think...

Post edited by The Juggler on
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    VOTE, motherfuckers.
  • Options
    So bummed Christie cannot stay as Governor.
    (said nobody with any brains.)