Options

PHILLY (Loosely Related to The Philadelphia Phillies)

Comments

• Options
    eeriepadaveeeriepadave West Chester, PA Posts: 40,867
    Saw his wife's part last night. Really difficult to watch...
    Watched some of it this morning. Got about halfway through and thank god the stream got all buffered so I had an excuse to turn it off. 
    yeah I caught that the other night on comcast sports  NBC philly sports (or whatever it's called now).  Yeah very difficult to watch.  Caught some of whoever went before she did, but have no idea who he was.
    bf959b1f-9b77-457c-baf8-038776f33339_zps8a6a389d.jpg?t=1365722973
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly
    Eddie Vedder- 6/25/11- Philly
  • Options
    Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,601
    Gonna miss the spot on Delaware, but the new Yards get up looks sweet.  Looking forward to checking it out.
  • Options
    The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,265
    Watched some of it this morning. Got about halfway through and thank god the stream got all buffered so I had an excuse to turn it off. 
    yeah I caught that the other night on comcast sports  NBC philly sports (or whatever it's called now).  Yeah very difficult to watch.  Caught some of whoever went before she did, but have no idea who he was.

Think that was his dad.

I hate this nbc philly sports channel. All it is when they're not broadcasting a game is nonsense talking heads like espn morphed into over the years. Their "highlight" show--is only 15 minutes now. The fuck is that? Who wants to watch endless repeats of post game live over and over again? 

Oh---and now they have this new Eagles classic games show where it's literally just Michael Barkan and Didinger talking about the game instead of showing the game. I guess the NFL won't give them the rights or something, but what's the point of the show if you can't actually show the game in the first place? I got excited when I saw they were doing the 04 championship game and Body Bag game the other night.....only to tune in to see them sitting there just talking about it. So annoying.

chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    Jearlpam0925Jearlpam0925 Deep South Philly Posts: 16,777
    Gonna miss the spot on Delaware, but the new Yards get up looks sweet.  Looking forward to checking it out.
    Funny you mention that - I brought it up in the craft beer thread; headed there this weekend. Place looks sweet.
  • Options
    JK_LivinJK_Livin South Jersey Posts: 7,364

Think that was his dad.

I hate this nbc philly sports channel. All it is when they're not broadcasting a game is nonsense talking heads like espn morphed into over the years. Their "highlight" show--is only 15 minutes now. The fuck is that? Who wants to watch endless repeats of post game live over and over again? 

Oh---and now they have this new Eagles classic games show where it's literally just Michael Barkan and Didinger talking about the game instead of showing the game. I guess the NFL won't give them the rights or something, but what's the point of the show if you can't actually show the game in the first place? I got excited when I saw they were doing the 04 championship game and Body Bag game the other night.....only to tune in to see them sitting there just talking about it. So annoying.

I did the same thing. 10 min in to the '04 game it was all Ellis and Barkan. No thanks.
    Alright, alright, alright!
    Tom O.
    "I never had any friends later on like the ones I had when I was twelve. Jesus, does anyone?"
    -The Writer
  • Options
    JK_Livin said:

Think that was his dad.

I did the same thing. 10 min in to the '04 game it was all Ellis and Barkan. No thanks.
    Only time i watch it is for sixers, flyers and phillies games. 
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
  • Options
    All hail the Country Boy. I don’t have to eat till Tuesday...

chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    All hail the Country Boy. I don’t have to eat till Tuesday...

I'll see your nasty ass cracker Barrell and raise you 4th st deli leftovers. Between yesterday and leftovers today, I too will not be eating until mid-week

• Options
    ^
    Nice, however I hope that wasn’t breakfast. Sunday mornings are meant for breakfast food. Gotta start your football Sunday right. 
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    ^
    Nice, however I hope that wasn’t breakfast. Sunday mornings are meant for breakfast food. Gotta start your football Sunday right. 
    Breakfast was simple.  a nice fresh bagel with butter and cream cheese. Also a few slices of think cut bacon from the Italian market. 
  • Options
    I think the worst part of Let's Play Two is that  Eddie doesn't know the song Dirty Work by Steely Dan.
  • Options
    I think the worst part of Let's Play Two is that  Eddie doesn't know the song Dirty Work by Steely Dan.
    HA. I was surprised but that too.
  • Options
    It's streaming on Amazon so I finally saw the whole thing last weekend. All I kept thinking was how much I would enjoy this more if Ed was a Phils fan and this was about '08.
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    HA. I was surprised but that too.
    Seriously, who doesn't know that song?

It's streaming on Amazon so I finally saw the whole thing last weekend. All I kept thinking was how much I would enjoy this more if Ed was a Phils fan and this was about '08.
    Yeah, had it on there last night keeping the baby entertained (the brain washing starts at a very, very early age). Again, I'll say it's not crazy over-the-top with the Cubs shit - actually thought it was pretty anticlimactic the way they showed the final out and what not. And the setlist intertwined isn't greatest-hits-terrible - a nice mix of obscure and the usual.

• Options
    I thought there was a little too much Eddie, but I get it.
  • Options
    Yeah, but the whole thing is a thing because of Eddie being a Cubs fan, no? Otherwise, it's not a thing.

And of everything that kept my daughter's attention it was Mike playing the guitar, so she already has gained some respect by me.

This band needs to do a ballpark tour.
  • Options
    Yeah, but the whole thing is a thing because of Eddie being a Cubs fan, no? Otherwise, it's not a thing.

And of everything that kept my daughter's attention it was Mike playing the guitar, so she already has gained some respect by me.

This band needs to do a ballpark tour.
    True true.  I get it.

Yeah, I could get down with that.  Prefer arenas more, but I am definitely down with CBP over Camden.
  • Options
    Arenas, sure, but it's been a while for an outdoor show with an outdoor tailgate in beautiful outdoor weather.
  • Options
    Arenas, sure, but it's been a while for an outdoor show with an outdoor tailgate in beautiful outdoor weather.
    Word.  Was hoping for that last time around that it would be warm in April but it was friggen freezing and brutal.
  • Options
    Utley for bench coach rumors?
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    Utley for bench coach rumors?

On the subject of Utley hanging them up, I feel as if he, Rollins, and Howard should do one of those "sign a 1-day contract and retire with the team" deals. The three of them together. Rollins and Howard haven't officially retired yet. And I actually admire Howard putzing around in the minors last year (hey....love of the game). But it's over for all three of them. I'd like a nice little ceremony at the CBP press room with the three of them, flanked by Charlie Manuel and the Phanatic, calling it a career. They came up together. They won together. Now ride off into the sunset together.
    2000: Camden 1, 2003: Philly, State College, Camden 1, MSG 2, Hershey, 2004: Reading, 2005: Philly, 2006: Camden 1, 2, East Rutherford 1, 2007: Lollapalooza, 2008: Camden 1, Washington D.C., MSG 1, 2, 2009: Philly 1, 2, 3, 4, 2010: Bristol, MSG 2, 2011: PJ20 1, 2, 2012: Made In America, 2013: Brooklyn 2, Philly 2, 2014: Denver, 2015: Global Citizen Festival, 2016: Philly 2, Fenway 1, 2018: Fenway 1, 2, 2021: Sea. Hear. Now. 2022: Camden

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
    http://wegotshit.blogspot.com
  • Options
    Anybody else feel that?
  • Options
    pjhawkspjhawks Posts: 12,195
    edited November 2017
    Anybody else feel that?
    yes my office was shaking.  lasted maybe 5 seconds.  wasn't sure what the fuck was going on.

Post edited by pjhawks on
  • Options
    EARTHQUAKE!!!

I thought it was a truck driving by. My dog woke up, ran to the door then immediately passed back out.
  • Options
    pjhawkspjhawks Posts: 12,195
    EARTHQUAKE!!!

I thought it was a truck driving by. My dog woke up, ran to the door then immediately passed back out.
    5.1 out of Dover.  freaky
  • Options
    pjhawks said:
    EARTHQUAKE!!!

5.1 out of Dover.  freaky
    i was at home but didn't feel anything :disappointed:
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
  • Options
    My wife didn't feel anything at 18th and Market I wouldn't have thought anything of it if it obviously didn't get reported.  Would have thought it was a truck driving like a dick up Moyamensing.
  • Options
    anyone donating to the campout for hunger?

going a little later tonight to drop off some canned goods.  They're showing the movie "Elf" at 7 also
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
  • Options
    edited December 2017
    "Ohtani: I've only been to Hawaii and Arizona, but I like the huge steaks.

MLB.com: What cities are you curious about and would like to see?

Ohtani: The Rocky Balboa statue, I want a picture of that.

MLB.com: Philadelphia has a baseball team, you know.

Ohtani: No, I just want to visit there."

Fuck you, Ohtani - we PAY you and then you PLAY here. Then you can take all the pictures you want with that goddamn stupid fucking statue.

• Options
    "Ohtani: I've only been to Hawaii and Arizona, but I like the huge steaks.

MLB.com: What cities are you curious about and would like to see?

Ohtani: The Rocky Balboa statue, I want a picture of that.

MLB.com: Philadelphia has a baseball team, you know.

Ohtani: No, I just want to visit there."

Fuck you, Ohtani - we PAY you and then you PLAY here. Then you can take all the pictures you want with that goddamn stupid fucking statue.

Haha I find this hilarious. I am sure there was something lost in translation, but amazing regardless