Options

PHILLY (Loosely Related to The Philadelphia Phillies)

Comments

• Options
    The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,298
    JK_Livin said:
    What a bare hand play by Crawford. Altherr with the 1st ever grand slam off Kershaw set up by a great at-bat BB from Rhys.
    youngbuck.youngbuck.youngbuck.
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    JK_LivinJK_Livin South Jersey Posts: 7,364
    I saw it in Meatballs
    Alright, alright, alright!
    Tom O.
    "I never had any friends later on like the ones I had when I was twelve. Jesus, does anyone?"
    -The Writer
  • Options
    HesCalledDyerHesCalledDyer Maryland Posts: 16,418
    JK_Livin said:
    I saw it in Meatballs
    :rofl:  OMG I completely forgot about that movie!!

"It just doesn't matter! It just doesn't matter! It just..."
  • Options
    Jearlpam0925Jearlpam0925 Deep South Philly Posts: 16,788
    edited September 2017

THE DELL MUSIC CENTER.

Anyone ever see a show here? I don't believe I've ever heard of it unless it's a new name or something.... but seeing War on Drugs there Thursday.

It is not big at all I know that and has been there forever I think. I want to go to this show sooo bad, but I guess my first challenge in restraint as a new dad. Their new album is perfect, flawless, so on and so forth. I could gush about this album for dayyyyysss.
    Post edited by Jearlpam0925 on
  • Options
    Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,603

THE DELL MUSIC CENTER.

Anyone ever see a show here? I don't believe I've ever heard of it unless it's a new name or something.... but seeing War on Drugs there Thursday.

It is not big at all I know that and has been there forever I think. I want to go to this show sooo bad, but I guess my first challenge in restraint as a new dad. Their new album is perfect, flawless, so on and so forth. I could gush about this album for dayyyyysss.
    YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEAHHH, MAN.  Congrats publicly now as well!
  • Options
    F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,628

THE DELL MUSIC CENTER.

Congrats!  I practiced that restraint as well. 

For about 6 months.
    The love he receives is the love that is saved
  • Options
    Thanks, guys.

So, yeah, the no-sleep thing...that's not a myth.

Suffice to say, her multiple PJ onesies are stocked and ready to go.
  • Options
    F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,628
    Yep and my wife had 2 surgeries as a C-Section proved necessary at last minute and then a follow up surgery -- so I went a full 30 days directly after where my wife wasn't able to pick up the baby.  Once she was better I had my Mother In Law sleep over and between the 2 of them I knew they had things covered....got so ridiculously drunk.  Best night of sleep I have ever had.
  • Options

THE DELL MUSIC CENTER.

Congrats!

It's about as good as their last one....which is a huge fucking accomplishment. Love this band.

And I golfed with a buddy recently who's wife had a baby literally the day before. No sure how he got away with that but he did. So, yeah, you can go to this show no problem.

chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    I gotta say better than the last one; too early to bring a 6-day-old to a show? Right, I didn't think so either...
  • Options
    Should start a thread on that -- and come up with a completely irrational reason for why it is OK to do this.
    These are funny threads.
  • Options
    Should start a thread on that -- and come up with a completely irrational reason for why it is OK to do this.
    These are funny threads.

You're a funny thread.
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    These are funny threads.

You're a funny thread.
    Good point!
  • Options
    eeriepadaveeeriepadave West Chester, PA Posts: 40,901

THE DELL MUSIC CENTER.

I think this is the first "rock concert" there. 
    bf959b1f-9b77-457c-baf8-038776f33339_zps8a6a389d.jpg?t=1365722973
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly
    Eddie Vedder- 6/25/11- Philly
  • Options
    BEAST 
    HOSKINS

What an at bat right there.
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    JP!
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    BEAST!!

chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    JK_LivinJK_Livin South Jersey Posts: 7,364
    edited September 2017
    Love that they're letting the young buck face these pitchers. How the hell do you walk Odubel with the bases loaded? He'll swing at almost anything.
    Alright, alright, alright!
    Tom O.
    "I never had any friends later on like the ones I had when I was twelve. Jesus, does anyone?"
    -The Writer
  • Options
    WobbieWobbie Posts: 29,480
    phuck yeah, phillies!
    If I had known then what I know now...

Vegas 93, Vegas 98, Vegas 00 (10 year show), Vegas 03, Vegas 06
    VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Seattle1 09, Seattle2 09, Salt Lake 09, LA4 09
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • Options
    edited September 2017
    May 2 – July 8: 16-46
    Other 90 games: 45-45

Can't wait to see these kids get a full season together next year. gophils
    Post edited by The Juggler on
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    Ohhhhhhh.....500....how impressive...

I kid...kinda.
  • Options

I kid...kinda.

Baby steps young, Clifford. You know how this works.
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    Baby Steps!

• Options
    edited September 2017

I kid...kinda.

I don't!  Apparently when the Yankees rebuild they make the playoffs. :smiley:
  • Options

I kid...kinda.

Well, hey....a full season of these guys (not just 6 weeks) and some pitching.....you never know. .500 gets you in the mix for that stupid play in game usually.
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options

I kid...kinda.

Well, hey....a full season of these guys (not just 6 weeks) and some pitching.....you never know. .500 gets you in the mix for that stupid play in game usually.
    I hear you. Yanks are clearly a top 4 team in the AL and are going to end up playing a shit ass around .500 Twins team that they just swept, but can very easily lose to in 1 game.  It gets crazy ratings, but yeah, it's annoying.

• Options
    edited September 2017
    Top 4 team? Wonderful. Remember when being a top two team meant something? So, yeah, what I'm saying is I looooove the one-game wildcard. Get the pennant (edit: best record, whatever, you know what I mean) and then you don't have to worry about that game.

Also, the division series needs to go to seven games.
  • Options
    The season can be started earlier by a bit -- keep the early games in domes or warmer spots as much as possible and extend the DS to 7.

• Options
    edited September 2017
    Top 4 team? Wonderful. Remember when being a top two team meant something? So, yeah, what I'm saying is I looooove the one-game wildcard. Get the pennant (edit: best record, whatever, you know what I mean) and then you don't have to worry about that game.

Also, the division series needs to go to seven games.

Well, I think they and the red sox are neck in neck for the 2nd best team in the AL. Their run differential says they're 2nd, but their record says 4th.  I don't hate the game in general.  I don't like it this year because the Yanks are clearly so much better than the rest of the wild card teams, but whatever. Yanks are getting a playoff game. 

I like 5 games this year for the selfish reasons I don't like the wild card game.  Yanks match up with anyone in 5 games.
    Post edited by Cliffy6745 on