Options

PHILLY (Loosely Related to The Philadelphia Phillies)

Comments

• Options
    The FixerThe Fixer Posts: 12,837
    edited July 2017
    pjhawks said:
    pjhawks said:
    how dumb is it for a team that is 28 games under .500 at the All-Star break to say the two guys playing the best at AAA paths are blocked to the major leagues? 
    The guy blocking Hoskins is on pace for 30 homers. Don't you think it makes sense to showcase him a little more in hopes of drawing interest from a trade partner as opposed to just sitting him? Had Joseph continued his poor play from May, I think Hoskins would've been up 3 or 4 weeks ago. 
    why would you trade Joseph if you don't know for sure Hoskins can play at this level? you have to find out if Hoskins can play here before trading Joseph in my opinion.  And why has Tommy Joseph earned the right to play every day?  Bring Hoskins up and play him 3 or 4 times a week and let those two share the time until you are sure which one is better.  
    Well they're both right handed hitters so you can't platoon them. Hoskins is ready. There's nothing more he can prove in Lehigh. So I agree with you that he should be brought up but prospects like him need to play every day. If there isn't room to play him full time, you have create room. I think you answered your question. 

The upside to the younger Hoskins is greater than that of the older Joseph. So they need to get what they can for Joseph and bring Hoskins up. No sense in bringing him up to be a part time player.
    Tommy Joseph sucks.  Just bring Hoskins up -- even if they trade Joseph they're not getting shit for him because he isn't good.

This team is so poorly run that's it's funny.  Their MLB roster is barren of any discernible long term talent -- franco and herrera might be the dumbest players I've ever seen.  Their prospects are mostly struggling this year outside of a couple of guys like Kingery and Sixto (because they can't develop talent).  I'm rooting for them to continue losing every game so everyone gets fired top to bottom.  Need a complete franchise teardown, Hinkie style.  Until that happens, this team is going nowhere -- gonna be a decade of suck.

Incredibly frustrating to watch teams rebuild properly - the white sox, padres, braves, reds, etc - have all done a superior job to the mess that the phillies have created for themselves.  It all started with the terrible hamels trade.  Brutal to see other teams get more than the phils got for hamels (who had 2+ years left on his deal when traded, so the phillies actually had some leverage, which they fucked up because that's what they do) for guys like Lucroy, Frazier, Quintana, etc.  It's still hard to fathom how they made that hamels deal without getting mazara or brinson (they chose nick williams over brinson, which was dumb -- just like choosing mark appel over derek fisher).

god I hate rooting for stupidity and incompetence -- FIRE EVERYONE
    Post edited by The Fixer on
  • Options
    F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,625
    Yeah, their VIP section is early entry and some small tiki porch setup in the back. What's funny was how many "VIP" people were going crazy during this whole evacuation process. Not sure if Primus/Clutch is going to the pull the same size crowd of the Gorillaz show so it might not be a problem anyhow. I've seen other shows there and the place was never as packed as I saw it last week.
    Thanks!
    The love he receives is the love that is saved
  • Options
    JK_LivinJK_Livin South Jersey Posts: 7,364
    The Fixer said:
    pjhawks said:
    pjhawks said:
    how dumb is it for a team that is 28 games under .500 at the All-Star break to say the two guys playing the best at AAA paths are blocked to the major leagues? 
    The guy blocking Hoskins is on pace for 30 homers. Don't you think it makes sense to showcase him a little more in hopes of drawing interest from a trade partner as opposed to just sitting him? Had Joseph continued his poor play from May, I think Hoskins would've been up 3 or 4 weeks ago. 
    why would you trade Joseph if you don't know for sure Hoskins can play at this level? you have to find out if Hoskins can play here before trading Joseph in my opinion.  And why has Tommy Joseph earned the right to play every day?  Bring Hoskins up and play him 3 or 4 times a week and let those two share the time until you are sure which one is better.  
    Well they're both right handed hitters so you can't platoon them. Hoskins is ready. There's nothing more he can prove in Lehigh. So I agree with you that he should be brought up but prospects like him need to play every day. If there isn't room to play him full time, you have create room. I think you answered your question. 

The upside to the younger Hoskins is greater than that of the older Joseph. So they need to get what they can for Joseph and bring Hoskins up. No sense in bringing him up to be a part time player.
    Tommy Joseph sucks.  Just bring Hoskins up -- even if they trade Joseph they're not getting shit for him because he isn't good.

This team is so poorly run that's it's funny.  Their MLB roster is barren of any discernible long term talent -- franco and herrera might be the dumbest players I've ever seen.  Their prospects are mostly struggling this year outside of a couple of guys like Kingery and Sixto (because they can't develop talent).  I'm rooting for them to continue losing every game so everyone gets fired top to bottom.  Need a complete franchise teardown, Hinkie style.  Until that happens, this team is going nowhere -- gonna be a decade of suck.

Incredibly frustrating to watch teams rebuild properly - the white sox, padres, braves, reds, etc - have all done a superior job to the mess that the phillies have created for themselves.  It all started with the terrible hamels trade.  Brutal to see other teams get more than the phils got for hamels (who had 2+ years left on his deal when traded, so the phillies actually had some leverage, which they fucked up because that's what they do) for guys like Lucroy, Frazier, Quintana, etc.  It's still hard to fathom how they made that hamels deal without getting mazara or brinson (they chose nick williams over brinson, which was dumb -- just like choosing make appel over derek fisher).

10 years from now or did the 10 years start a few years ago?
    Alright, alright, alright!
    Tom O.
    "I never had any friends later on like the ones I had when I was twelve. Jesus, does anyone?"
    -The Writer
  • Options
    JK_Livin said:
    The Fixer said:
    pjhawks said:
    pjhawks said:

Incredibly frustrating to watch teams rebuild properly - the white sox, padres, braves, reds, etc - have all done a superior job to the mess that the phillies have created for themselves.  It all started with the terrible hamels trade.  Brutal to see other teams get more than the phils got for hamels (who had 2+ years left on his deal when traded, so the phillies actually had some leverage, which they fucked up because that's what they do) for guys like Lucroy, Frazier, Quintana, etc.  It's still hard to fathom how they made that hamels deal without getting mazara or brinson (they chose nick williams over brinson, which was dumb -- just like choosing make appel over derek fisher).

10 years from now or did the 10 years start a few years ago?
    until there is a regime change it doesn't matter what arbitrary point you begin from.  andy macphail is a loser -- always has been, always will be
  • Options
    eeriepadaveeeriepadave West Chester, PA Posts: 40,887
    20 hits?  that's probably their most in awhile.
    bf959b1f-9b77-457c-baf8-038776f33339_zps8a6a389d.jpg?t=1365722973
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly
    Eddie Vedder- 6/25/11- Philly
  • Options
    eeriepadaveeeriepadave West Chester, PA Posts: 40,887
    JK_Livin said:
    Primus/Clutch at Festival Pier next weekend.
    Anyone going? 

I read the grumbling above about seeing a show @ FP... and I see that you can upgrade tickets for VIP to get Early Entry GA Pit Ticket. 
    Does anyone know if they have things partitioned to seperate and keep things from piling up?  Or, do they just have one giant area and if you want to be up front you have to deal with smelly assholes pushing up against you the whole show?

If it is sectioned off, VIP would seem to be worth it. 
    If not, most assuredly not worth it as I dont want to be a fucking sardine.
    I think the VIP is a small grandstand further back and to the side that's roped off, not sure about the pit.
    Thanks, here is how it lists so I was thinking they throw you in with the masses, you just get an earlier entry to be closer to the stage.

One (1) general admission pit ticket (with early entry) to see Primus Live
    Where do you guys park for penns landing?  Trying to find somewhere cheap to park there for the 311 show on Friday.  Normally wouldn't go but found a very cheap ticket on stubhub for $6.  I usually park near south street but kinda a hike.  I know parking closet is around $20.  Any other suggestions?
    bf959b1f-9b77-457c-baf8-038776f33339_zps8a6a389d.jpg?t=1365722973
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly
    Eddie Vedder- 6/25/11- Philly
  • Options
    Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,603
    So how bout these Yelich/Stanton rumors?
    Sixers have a better shot at Lebron than the Phillies do at Stanton 
  • Options
    The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,284
    edited July 2017
    Nice to see the young buck doing well thus far
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,625
    JK_Livin said:
    Primus/Clutch at Festival Pier next weekend.
    Anyone going? 

I read the grumbling above about seeing a show @ FP... and I see that you can upgrade tickets for VIP to get Early Entry GA Pit Ticket. 
    Does anyone know if they have things partitioned to seperate and keep things from piling up?  Or, do they just have one giant area and if you want to be up front you have to deal with smelly assholes pushing up against you the whole show?

If it is sectioned off, VIP would seem to be worth it. 
    If not, most assuredly not worth it as I dont want to be a fucking sardine.
    I think the VIP is a small grandstand further back and to the side that's roped off, not sure about the pit.
    Thanks, here is how it lists so I was thinking they throw you in with the masses, you just get an earlier entry to be closer to the stage.

One (1) general admission pit ticket (with early entry) to see Primus Live
    Where do you guys park for penns landing?  Trying to find somewhere cheap to park there for the 311 show on Friday.  Normally wouldn't go but found a very cheap ticket on stubhub for $6.  I usually park near south street but kinda a hike.  I know parking closet is around $20.  Any other suggestions?
    I park at Uber.  :)  If we are driving I pay the $20.  Cheaper than Uber.
  • Options
    Still think this team is 'fun to watch'?  haha
  • Options
    Exactly.  I love the fans who think these free agents/trade candidates w no trade clauses are just going to run to the phillies.  What's the phillies sales pitch going to be?  Come play with Freddy Galvis!!  Come play with Nick Pivetta!!

This team is the worst
  • Options
    The Fixer said:
    Exactly.  I love the fans who think these free agents/trade candidates w no trade clauses are just going to run to the phillies.  What's the phillies sales pitch going to be?  Come play with Freddy Galvis!!  Come play with Nick Pivetta!!

This team is the worst
    Yes, that and if Stanton were available there are 28 other teams that would be interested.  Phillies aren't going to be able to put together a quantity over quality package together that can beat a package around a Moncada type player.

But yeah, the Phillies sales pitch isn't terribly compelling right now.
  • Options
    The Fixer said:

This team is the worst
    So merely asking what people think of some crazy rumor equates to thinking free agents and trade candidates are going to run to the phillies in your mind?
    You have a wild imagination, my friend. 
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    edited July 2017

The Fixer said:
    Still think this team is 'fun to watch'?  haha
    You're really hung up on that for some reason, huh? I said something like "they are fun again, let's hope it lasts longer than last year." I am not sure why you have a problem with people trying to squeeze even an ounce of enjoyment out of a bad baseball team. And others said they would actually be a good team this year but you don't seem to have a problem with that. 

How's that wall that Mexico is paying for coming along?
    Post edited by The Juggler on
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    How cool does this Hyperloop thing sound? Musk is a god damned genius
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    He is a smart motherfucker.

He still can't grow a beard, though.
  • Options
    How cool does this Hyperloop thing sound? Musk is a god damned genius
    29 minutes from New York to DC in an underground tunnel that is levitating sounds awesome and terrifying. 

That said, sign me the the fuck up for the trip to nyc to get better. Insane that it is so difficult to connect two major cities that are 90 miles apart
  • Options
    pjhawkspjhawks Posts: 12,201
    The Fixer said:

This team is the worst
    Yes, that and if Stanton were available there are 28 other teams that would be interested.  Phillies aren't going to be able to put together a quantity over quality package together that can beat a package around a Moncada type player.

But yeah, the Phillies sales pitch isn't terribly compelling right now.
    you won't be laughing when Mike Trout demands to be traded to the Phils and brings Lebron to the Sixers with him (insert sarcasm emoji here)
  • Options
    I could see Trout playing here.
    (When he is 35.)
  • Options
    pjhawkspjhawks Posts: 12,201
    I could see Trout playing here.
    (When he is 35.)
    I can see Trout coming back east after 2020.  He married his hs sweetheart from Millville and they bought a place in Millville, he is an Eagles season ticket holder and just tweeted for LeBron to come to the Sixers.  Not saying he will come to the Phillies but I wouldn't be shocked if he is on the east coast in 2021.  Yankees probably more likely but he does still have a ton of ties here in the East.
  • Options
    He bought a place in Millville?  God, that town is a festering sore of a place.
    I'm sure his place is nice.
  • Options
    Jearlpam0925Jearlpam0925 Deep South Philly Posts: 16,785
    That goes for most of Jersey, no?
  • Options
    That goes for most of Jersey, no?
    I like the area around me for the most part.
    East Side Cherry Hill
    Haddonfield
    Medford
    Martlton

All places that I think are nice.

Bridgeton / Camden / Newark and places around them are obviously shitholes.
    (And Millville falls into a 'Place around Bridgeton' lol)

• Options
    edited July 2017
    Trenton - also a shithole.
  • Options
    Jearlpam0925Jearlpam0925 Deep South Philly Posts: 16,785
    So, yeah, everywhere but the shore. Got it.
  • Options
    So, yeah, everywhere but the shore. Got it.
    Hahaha.
    All of those places I listed that I liked were not the shore. 
  • Options
    WobbieWobbie Posts: 29,474
    the phillies could be worse....they could be the giants :angry:
    If I had known then what I know now...

Vegas 93, Vegas 98, Vegas 00 (10 year show), Vegas 03, Vegas 06
    VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Seattle1 09, Seattle2 09, Salt Lake 09, LA4 09
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • Options
    AC for The Who tonight. Never been in boardwalk hall so kinda excited. The wife got a sweet hook up through work. Free tickets, free hotel at Harrah's and dinner at Ruth's Chris. Should be a good ole time 
  • Options
    AC for The Who tonight. Never been in boardwalk hall so kinda excited. The wife got a sweet hook up through work. Free tickets, free hotel at Harrah's and dinner at Ruth's Chris. Should be a good ole time 
    That sounds like a nice little Saturday, Cliff. Have a lovely time.
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    That sounds like a nice little Saturday, Cliff. Have a lovely time.
    Yessir. I'll do my best