Options

This place is dead anyway...

gimmesometruth27gimmesometruth27 St. Fuckin Louis Posts: 22,181

such a shame.

discuss.

if anybody bothers to show up these days...

There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man; true nobility is being superior to your former self.- Hemingway

"Well, you tell him that I don't talk to suckas."

Comments

• Options
    sometimes i feel like i am talking to myself here these days...
    There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man; true nobility is being superior to your former self.- Hemingway

• Options
    Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,606
    Would love to see the average daily posts before and after...not that anyone who can do anything about it give a shit
  • Options

Would love to see the average daily posts before and after...not that anyone who can do anything about it give a shit

i don't ned to see numbers to know that nobody posts or visits here anymore.

• Options
    just look at the front page of aet. barely any posts today from yesterday.

• Options
    Leezestarr313Leezestarr313 Temple of the cat Posts: 14,346
    Yeah, nothing really going on in here ... With the user script, it feels at least a bit like the old days, but since nobody is really doing anything in here, there's no urge to come back :(
  • Options
    josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 28,320
    It's weird & sad at the same time , that not to many people are here these days ...
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
  • Options
    Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,606

i don't ned to see numbers to know that nobody posts or visits here anymore.
    Oh no doubt. i would just like to see how crazy of a drop it is. Gotta be huge.
  • Options
    SVRDhand13SVRDhand13 NYC Posts: 25,904
    I feel like it's always dead after an amazing tour. Less incentive to post.
    severed hand thirteen

2006: Gorge 7/23 2008: Hartford 6/27 Beacon 7/1 2009: Spectrum 10/30-31
    2010: Newark 5/18 MSG 5/20-21 2011: PJ20 9/3-4 2012: Made In America 9/2
    2013: Brooklyn 10/18-19 Philly 10/21-22 Hartford 10/25 2014: ACL10/12
    2015: NYC 9/23 2016: Tampa 4/11 Philly 4/28-29 MSG 5/1-2 Fenway 8/5+8/7
    2017: RRHoF 4/7   2018: Fenway 9/2+9/4   2021: Sea Hear Now 9/18 
    2022: MSG 9/11  2024: MSG 9/3-4 Philly 9/7+9/9 Fenway 9/15+9/17
  • Options
    Care to tell why that is? The new forum?
    It's also less busy than back when you didn't have to be a 10 club member to join the forum.
    It's not who I am underneath, but what I do that defines me.

2006 Arnhem 2007 Werchter 2009 Rotterdam 2010 Nijmegen 2010 Werchter
    2012 Amsterdam 1 2012 Amsterdam 2 2014 Amsterdam 1 2014 Amsterdam 2
    2014 Berlijn
  • Options
    mickeyratmickeyrat up my ass, like Chadwick was up his Posts: 35,938
    well one thing along with the change is the tour in Aus going on right now. I'm used to the white by this time. Still sucks, but I will hang for a little bit cruising in here and AMT to see if anything pops over there. Another reason to keep coming is to check a request I made in Given to fly for a Melbourne EV spare any night. Want to do something nice for a friend thats had a rough patch full of disappointment the past couple years. Have a line on a possible but have yet to hear back.
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • Options
    brianluxbrianlux Moving through All Kinds of Terrain. Posts: 40,772
    edited February 2014
    Just us die-hards here, gimme. Things will pick up when either a) more people see how good Mike's greasemonkey script is or b) the site is made more appealing once again. Oh, and c) when the Super Bowl hang-overs ease up. image
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

• Options
    it just feels weird. i have been coming here near daily since the yield tour. i feel like i have become friendly with a lot of people on here and it sucks not "seeing" them around, ya know? i have seen lulls over the years, but nothing like it is now. now everybody is over on facebook and i have been spending a crazy amount of time over there. it got so bad that i had to leave a lot of the groups over there. i guess people are more accessible over there, but it is not the same as the old board used to be.

• Options
    Dr. DelightDr. Delight Posts: 11,210
    Its pretty fun over on facebook.....
    And so you see, I have come to doubt
    All that I once held as true
    I stand alone without beliefs
    The only truth I know is you.
  • Options
    chadwickchadwick up my ass Posts: 21,157
    facebook? wtf?
    for poetry through the ceiling. ISBN: 1 4241 8840 7

"Hear me, my chiefs!
    I am tired; my heart is
    sick and sad. From where
    the sun stands I will fight
    no more forever."

Chief Joseph - Nez Perce
  • Options
    shortstackshortstack Posts: 2,339
    i don't like people.
    did you see me? i saw you.
  • Options
    chadwickchadwick up my ass Posts: 21,157

i don't like people.

ppl screw things up
    for poetry through the ceiling. ISBN: 1 4241 8840 7

"Hear me, my chiefs!
    I am tired; my heart is
    sick and sad. From where
    the sun stands I will fight
    no more forever."

Chief Joseph - Nez Perce
  • Options
    northerndragonnortherndragon somewhere, nowhere, anywhere Posts: 9,810
    I laugh when ppl say they hate the format here and that they are going over to FB cause its the same thing only harder to find posts. I like it here although I prefer the old format, this is what it is now.
    Anything you lose from being honest
    You never really had to begin with.

Sometimes it's not the song that makes you emotional it's the people and things that come to your mind when you hear it.
  • Options
    People, HUH! Good Gawd, what are they good for?

School administrator: "If we didn't have to deal with those troublesome students we could get some work done around here."

Retail store owner: "If we didn't have to deal with those bothersome customers we could tidy up the place."

Peyton Manning: "If it weren't for those noisy Seahawks fans in the stands I would have had a good game."

Pearl Jam Forum member: "If it weren't for those other stupid forum members this would be a very cool place".

:))
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”

• Options
    i don't get it.
  • Options
    shetellsherselfshetellsherself New Jersey Posts: 8,787
    I haven't been around here as long as many of you but I've noticed it's definitely quieter in AET. I'm resisting joining fb though. I'm just have very little time to spend on such endeavors and still really enjoy it here. AET isn't the same without specific people to kept it entertaining... Some left before "the change", some were banned and some seemed to have gone bc of new format. The porch seems to be picking up and I love lost dogs. GTF will pick up when the tour is in Europe and the time for the shows isn't in the middle of the night for so many of us. Honestly, I have found that the decreased amount of time I'm spending in the pj forum is actually heathy for me. It's all about the music anyway.
    5/3/92 Omaha, NE
    6/19/95 Red Rocks
    9/11/98 MSG
    11/19/12 EV solo Tulsa
    7/19/13 Wrigley 10/19/13 Brooklyn 2 10/21/13 Philly 1 10/22/13 Philly 2 10/25/13 Hartford
    10/08/14 Tulsa 10/09/14 Lincoln
    9/26/15 New York City
    4/16/16 Greenville 4/28/16 Philly 1 4/29/16 Philly 2 5/1/16 MSG 1 5/2/16 MSG 2 8/7/16 Fenway 2 8/20/16 Wrigley 1
    4/7/17 RRHOF New York City
    9/02/18 Fenway 1 9/04/2018 Fenway 2
    9/18/21 Asbury Park
    9/11/22 New York City
    9/14/22 Camden
  • Options
    just start posting shit and quit crying about it.
  • Options
    I'm trying but if I post anymore it's gonna border on weird stalker freak :P

Sometimes it's not the song that makes you emotional it's the people and things that come to your mind when you hear it.
  • Options
    WobbieWobbie Posts: 29,526

Its pretty fun over on facebook.....

facebook is for teenage girls

>:P
    If I had known then what I know now...

Vegas 93, Vegas 98, Vegas 00 (10 year show), Vegas 03, Vegas 06
    VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Seattle1 09, Seattle2 09, Salt Lake 09, LA4 09
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • Options
    WobbieWobbie Posts: 29,526

it just feels weird. i have been coming here near daily since the yield tour. i feel like i have become friendly with a lot of people on here and it sucks not "seeing" them around, ya know? .

totally. I spoke on the phone this weekend to a message pit legend (who shall remain un-named) and he said there's just nothing here worth commenting on.....but, in the good old days, it didn't matter.....we could discuss nothing....it was like a seinfeld episode.

If I had known then what I know now...

Vegas 93, Vegas 98, Vegas 00 (10 year show), Vegas 03, Vegas 06
    VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Seattle1 09, Seattle2 09, Salt Lake 09, LA4 09
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • Options
    JonnyPistachioJonnyPistachio Florida Posts: 10,217
    I've suddenly become very busy, but I still like coming over here to see what people are up to. Unfortunately I like some threads tha tI cant add much to...I like the "what are you reading" thread, but I read slowly, so I dont update often.

Maybe we need some more extroverts. Some of the banned folks seem to be the ones who got things rolling. haha
    Pick up my debut novel here on amazon: Jonny Bails Floatin (in paperback) (also available on Kindle for $2.99)
  • Options
    Empty GlassEmpty Glass In Rob's shed Posts: 12,329
    Makes my work day suck even more. Page 1 of AET, you check on Monday and the same topics are on page 1 the following week. Some with no posts.

It's like at the end of Planet of the Apes when Charlton Heston sees the Statue of Liberty..."they did it, they finally did it". They managed to kill the place.

They still have the Porch where they have their "faithful", pun intended, who will go bat shit for a $35 t shirt when they release one. Oh well....back to work
    I've met Rob

DEGENERATE FUK

This place is dead

"THERE ARE NO CLIQUES, ONLY THOSE WHO DON'T JOIN THE FUN" - Empty circa 2015

"Kfsbho&$thncds" - F Me In the Brain - circa 2015
  • Options
    hedonisthedonist standing on the edge of forever Posts: 24,524

just start posting shit and quit crying about it.

Don't it make me :)

I've pretty much adjusted to the change in visuals as well as flow. Wish it were different, but it's not.

So...considering there are worse changes to have to deal with?

Small potatoes.

(ob-la-di, ob-la-da)
  • Options
    in the long run it is probably a good thing. i have not been wasting as much time here. it has gotten me off my ass and back in the gym.

so i got that goin for me.. which is nice... ;)

• Options
    Too many favorite TV, favorite food threads. We are on Facebook, right?

• Options
    So I'm just gonna throw this out there, why don't you post the things you want to see here instead of complaining about on this thread? Start all the inane posts you want you never know it could totally take off.

This discussion has been closed.