Options

***TRIESTE 22.06.2014*** Roll Call & Travel Guide

Comments

• Options
    FaezaMFaezaM Posts: 152
    Jenfarr wrote:
    FaezaM wrote:
    updated to #36.

As I was updating the names, I was thinking that I can't wait to put faces to all these names. We must take a group shot at the show and then upload it here.

Looks like there may be a FB Event page too, but I can't see it from work.

https://www.facebook.com/events/1442378062640948/

I'll check it out later...

yes there is an official one from Pearl Jam:
    https://www.facebook.com/events/203193289866846/

&

Dimis:
    https://www.facebook.com/events/1442378062640948/
    Shows:
    Madison Square Garden, NYC, July 2003 (BEST Concert of ALL TIME)
    Oracle Arena, Oakland, CA, November 2013 (2nd BEST Concert of ALL TIME)
    ***Milan, IT, June 2014****
    ***Trieste, IT, June 2014***
    ***Berlin, DE, June 2014***
  • Options
    WickstaWicksta Posts: 100
    I'm in! Coming from Australia sitting in TRIB COLAUSSI SETT D,COL D, Row: 14. No idea if that's good or bad but at least I'll be there!
    PJ - Sydney 12 Mar 1998 - Sydney 11 & 14 Feb 2003 - Sydney 8 & 18 Nov 2006 - Sydney 22 Nov 2009 - Prague 2 Jul 2012 - Berlin 4 & 5 Jul 2012 - Stockholm 7 Jul 2012 - Copenhagen 10 Jul 2012 - Wrigley 19 Jul 2013 - Gold Coast 19 Jan 2014 - Melbourne 24 Jan 2014 - Sydney 26 Jan 2014 - Adelaide 31 Jan 2014 - Perth 2 Jan 2014 - Amsterdam 16 & 17 Jun 2014 - Milan 20 Jun 2014 - Trieste 22 Jun 2014 - Vienna 25 Jun 2014 - Berlin 26 Jun 2014 - New York City 1 & 2 May 2016 - Seattle 8 & 10 Aug 2018
    EV - Canberra 15 Mar 2011 - Sydney 18 Mar 2011 - Perth 7 & 8 Feb 2014 - Sydney 11,12 & 13 Feb 2014 - Melbourne 19 Feb 2014 - Brisbane 22, 23 & 25 Feb 2014 - London 6 Jun 2017 - Dublin 9 Jun 2017 
  • Options
    Seating Chart for Trieste

Q62GeKW.png

10C GA probably = Prato Inner Circle
    Shows:
  • Options
    dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam NINUNINOPRO Posts: 139,158
    FaezaM wrote:
    Seating Chart for Trieste

Q62GeKW.png

10C GA probably = Prato Inner Circle
    oh yeah...
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Options
    Wicksta wrote:
    I'm in! Coming from Australia sitting in TRIB COLAUSSI SETT D,COL D, Row: 14. No idea if that's good or bad but at least I'll be there!

Fantastic! Here's another seat map that gives a better idea of the area where you'd be in:

triest_stadio_nereo_rocco_u.gif
    Shows:
  • Options
    WickstaWicksta Posts: 100
    FaezaM wrote:
    Wicksta wrote:

Fantastic! Here's another seat map that gives a better idea of the area where you'd be in:

triest_stadio_nereo_rocco_u.gif

That's great, thank you!
    PJ - Sydney 12 Mar 1998 - Sydney 11 & 14 Feb 2003 - Sydney 8 & 18 Nov 2006 - Sydney 22 Nov 2009 - Prague 2 Jul 2012 - Berlin 4 & 5 Jul 2012 - Stockholm 7 Jul 2012 - Copenhagen 10 Jul 2012 - Wrigley 19 Jul 2013 - Gold Coast 19 Jan 2014 - Melbourne 24 Jan 2014 - Sydney 26 Jan 2014 - Adelaide 31 Jan 2014 - Perth 2 Jan 2014 - Amsterdam 16 & 17 Jun 2014 - Milan 20 Jun 2014 - Trieste 22 Jun 2014 - Vienna 25 Jun 2014 - Berlin 26 Jun 2014 - New York City 1 & 2 May 2016 - Seattle 8 & 10 Aug 2018
    EV - Canberra 15 Mar 2011 - Sydney 18 Mar 2011 - Perth 7 & 8 Feb 2014 - Sydney 11,12 & 13 Feb 2014 - Melbourne 19 Feb 2014 - Brisbane 22, 23 & 25 Feb 2014 - London 6 Jun 2017 - Dublin 9 Jun 2017 
  • Options
    Food

Trieste is famed for its grand literary cafes, mythical meeting places for the intelligentsia and political subversives, but today, most have been modernised and wouldn't look out of place in Barcelona or Amsterdam. Guidebooks will tell you that the great exception is the San Marco – a favourite of James Joyce when he lived here – but if you only have time for one coffee drop in at the Tommaseo, a much livelier locale, and perfectly positioned between the waterfront and Piazza Unità.
    • 5 Riva III Novembre, http://www.caffetommaseo.com

The "buffet" is a tradition that dates back to when the city was part of the Austro-Hungarian empire. These hole-in-wall eateries are dedicated solely to pork, from nose to tail, served with sauerkraut, mustard and freshly-grated horseradish, accompanied by a foaming mug of beer. There are half-a-dozen buffets dotted around town, but nothing compares with the lively atmosphere at Da Pepi's, which has been around since 1897. Great for lunch, where a panino bursting with chunks of cooked ham will only set you back €3.50, while a plate heaped with roast pork, wurstel, tongue, bacon, sausage and smoked ham, costs €22 and is easily enough for two.
    • 3 Via della Cassa di Risparmio, http://www.buffetdapepi.com

Italy's most famous coffee, Illy, comes from Trieste, but it is also a great place for chocolate. If you're tempted by the ultimate Black Forest gateau, look no further than the traditional Caffè Eppinger (http://www.eppinger.it), but chocoholics should seek out the newly opened Chocolat, hidden away down a funky pedestrian street by the old Jewish ghetto. Its homemade chocolate gelati are out of this world. Next door is another original boutique-cum-cafe, SaluMare (http://www.salumare.it), which serves a gourmet selection of snacks based on smoked salmon, trout, sturgeon and herring.
    • 15 Via Cavana

There are many outstanding fish restaurants in Trieste, but prices are not cheap, even if the catch comes from local boats. Al Bagatto has a justified reputation for the freshest seafood – wild sea bass, john dory, sole, mantis shrimps, octopus and the humble sardine – which the chef buys each morning direct from fisherman, but expect il conto to be around €50 a head. At lunchtimes, the restaurant is closed but its wine storeroom is transformed into an impromptu osteria – more like a private club for in-the-know Triestini – where a glass of wine costs €3, with tasty free snacks.
    • 7 Via Luigi Cadorna, +39 40 301771, http://www.albagatto.it

A short taxi ride into the hills above Trieste is this legendary gourmet restaurant, presided over by Ami Scabar, a highly creative chef and impassioned champion of the food and wines produced in the surrounding Carso countryside, and the freshest fish caught off the local coast. The terrace has fabulous panoramic vistas over the city, so be sure to reserve a table with a view. At lunch you can just order a delicate dish of ravioli stuffed with scallops in a saffron sauce for €10, while for an unforgettable evening meal it is worth splashing out €55 for the six-course tasting menu.
    • 63 Erta di Sant'Anna, +39 40 810368, http://www.scabar.it

-excerpts from: The Guardian

Top Restaurant Choices ala Lonely Planet
    Shows:
  • Options
    VOLAREVOLARE Posts: 314
    Being fortunate enough to never have had to travel far to see a show, I just want to acknowledge how very cool and awesome it is that all of you create these pages and share research about locales.

My wife is absolutely out of her mind in excitement about the Italy shows. It's been just about 2 and a half years from our initial chat about going to Italy. My gift to her once she got her U.S. Citizenship so she could travel anywhere in the world without a visa application process. She said once she was a citizen Italy was her number one choice. Then she said, but we can wait and see if pearl jam will be playin there before we worry about going right away.

I feel so lucky to get both Milan and Trieste through 10Club.

This is going to be so awesome, been once before. Culture, food, art, museums, countryside, wine, and 2 nights to just fucking rock out in joyfull happiness.

I'll be the guy walking on air if you see me.
    8-28-92 Harriet Island
    6-16-93 University Theatre, UM
    2-8-95 Adams Field House
    6-20-98 Washington-Grizzly Stadium
    5-28-03 Adams Field House
    8-29-05 Adams Field House
    7-22-06 Gorge Amphitheater
    9-3-11 Alpine Valley
    9-30-12 Adams Field House
    10-31-12 The Pearl - Eddie Vedder
    11-01-12 The Pearl - Eddie Vedder
    9-6-13 Key Arena
    6-20-14 Milan
    6-22-14 Trieste
    11-28-15 Mexico City
  • Options
    VOLARE wrote:
    My gift to her once she got her U.S. Citizenship so she could travel anywhere in the world without a visa application process.

Try going to Russia! :lol:
    Download the unofficial <a href="http://bit.ly/PJStatTracker">Pearl Jam Stat Tracker</a> app for iPhone/iPad. It's <em>FREE.</em>

PM me with any comments or suggestions for the app - or weigh in <a href="http://forums.pearljam.com/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=167611
    ">here</a>.
    or
    <a href="http://www.facebook.com/pjstattracker">Join the discussion on facebook</a>

• Options
    VOLARE wrote:
    Being fortunate enough to never have had to travel far to see a show, I just want to acknowledge how very cool and awesome it is that all of you create these pages and share research about locales.

My wife is absolutely out of her mind in excitement about the Italy shows. It's been just about 2 and a half years from our initial chat about going to Italy. My gift to her once she got her U.S. Citizenship so she could travel anywhere in the world without a visa application process. She said once she was a citizen Italy was her number one choice. Then she said, but we can wait and see if pearl jam will be playin there before we worry about going right away.

This is going to be so awesome, been once before. Culture, food, art, museums, countryside, wine, and 2 nights to just fucking rock out in joyfull happiness.

thats so awesome..if u need anything let me-us know..what ever u need to make this trip easier!
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Options
    VOLARE wrote:

You know, I've been in the airline industry for 13 years because I love travel. I love that this tour allows me to share my love of travel with my love of PJ music. But even more than that, I'm just so excited and happy to be able to share this experience with such a wonderful group of people. I can't wait till we get a group shot to post here. :D
    Shows:
  • Options
    jumbojetjumbojet Posts: 1,484
    VOLARE wrote:
    My gift to her once she got her U.S. Citizenship so she could travel anywhere in the world without a visa application process.

Try going to Russia! :lol:

HAhaha, yes. Most probably, she could have gotten RUssian visa much easier with her previous passport, whatever that was.
    What's your part, who you are?

2012: Arras, Berlin 1-2
    2013: Sao Paulo, Buenos Aires
    2014: Milano, Trieste, Vienna, Berlin
    2016: NY MSG 1
  • Options
    edited December 2013
    FaezaM wrote:
    You know, I've been in the airline industry for 13 years because I love travel. I love that this tour allows me to share my love of travel with my love of PJ music. But even more than that, I'm just so excited and happy to be able to share this experience with such a wonderful group of people. I can't wait till we get a group shot to post here. :D
    [/quote]

:thumbup: :wave: :thumbup:
    You're doing great, man.
    And these 2 Italy shows will be unforgettable.
    Post edited by jumbojet on

• Options
    VOLARE wrote:

:thumbup: :clap: :wave: :thumbup: 8-)
    I'm also fucking excited for these Italy shows. My wife absolutely loves this country, speaks the language and talks about it all the time. She visited there a few times with her friends, which I couldn't find time to accompany her.
    Thanks to PJ, we'll be enjoying Italy once again together.
    PJ- perfect reason for friends, lovers and spouses to come together. :)

• Options
    Hi, I'm looking for 1 Ten Club GA Trieste ticket, so if you have one or know someone who has one, please, contact me. Thanks
  • Options
    WildsWilds Posts: 4,329
    I'm in!!!!
  • Options
    LethoLetho Posts: 6
    I'm looking for 2x GA Ten Club Tickets (for my wife and me) for the concert in Triest. So If anyone has a spare ticket, please pm me. Thanx :D .
  • Options
    Wilds wrote:
    I'm in!!!!
    :D
  • Options
    In Trieste, only the floor is sold out, but the seats are all available!
    http://www.ticketone.it/Biglietti-pearl-jam-trieste.html?affiliate=LNI&fun=evdetail&doc=evdetailb&key=1107732$3579664&jumpIn=yTix
    1 Prato Inner Circle Attualmente non vi sono biglietti disponibili
    2 Prato Attualmente non vi sono biglietti disponibili
    3 Tribuna Colaussi Centrale Numerata Intero € 87,75
    4 Tribuna Pasinati Centrale Numerata Intero € 87,75
    5 Tribuna Colaussi Laterale Numerata Intero € 70,50
    6 Tribuna Pasinati Laterale Numerata Intero € 70,50
    7 Curva Furlan Non Numerata Intero € 59,00
    London O2 18/08/2009
    Berlin 1 04/07/2012 Berlin 2 05/07/2012
    Milan 20/06/2014 Trieste 22/06/2014
  • Options
    Not many guidebooks cover Trieste. Here are verified options for those inclined on relying on a guidebook for Trieste:

Fodor's Italy 2014: http://www.amazon.com/Fodors-Italy-Full ... guide+2014
    Blue Guide Northern Italy Chapter on Trieste (Kindle): http://www.amazon.com/Friuli-Venezia-Gi ... avel+guide
    Trieste City Guide 2013 (Kindle): http://www.amazon.com/Trieste-City-Guid ... avel+guide

ONLINE TRAVEL GUIDES
    Frommer's Online Trieste Travel Guide
    Lonely Planet Online Trieste Travel Guide
    Virtual Tourist Online Trieste Travel Guide
    Shows:
  • Options
    Getting There

By Train -- Trains arrive at and depart from Stazione Centrale on Piazza della Libertà (tel. 040-412-695), northwest of the historic center. There are, on average, two trains an hour to and from Venice (2 1/2-3 hr.), where you can make connections to Milan and other Italian cities. There are also twice-hourly connections to and from Udine (1-1 1/2 hr.). Two trains a day connect Trieste to Budapest, Hungary (11 hr.), three daily to Ljubljana, Slovenia (3 hr.).

By Bus -- The bus station is on Corso Cavour, to the left of the train station (tel. 800-915-303; www.saf.ud.it). Frequent buses (28 a day) link Trieste and Udine (1 1/2 hr.), and many other towns throughout the region. There's also one bus Monday to Saturday (check for the schedule, as it often changes) to Ljubljana, Slovenia (2 3/4 hr.).

By Car -- Trieste is a 2-hour trip from Venice along Autostrada A4.

Visitor Information

The tourist office is at Piazza dell'Unità d'Italia 4B near the waterfront (tel. 040-347-8312; fax 040-437-8320; www.triestetourism.it; daily 9am-7pm, Sun 9am-1pm).

Cumulative Tickets -- The region of Friuli-Venezia Giulia offers a cumulative ticket called the FVG Card, which includes admission to all regional museums and guided tours; discounts on natural parks, boat rides, and ski lifts; and free transport on Udine city buses and trams. It costs 15€ for 48 hours, 20€ for 72 hours, and 29€ for a week. See www.turismofvg.it for more information.

City Layout

The center of Trieste, which is snuggled between the hills and the sea, is compact and easy to get around on foot. The bus and train stations are at the northern end of the center, on the Piazza della Libertà. From there, follow the harbor south for about 10 minutes along Corso Cavour (you'll soon cross Trieste's Canal Grande) and its continuation, Riva III Novembre, to the Piazza dell'Unità d'Italia. This dramatic space -- with Habsburg-commissioned, neoclassical buildings on three sides, the sea on one side, and a fountain in its center -- is the heart of old Trieste and the present-day city as well. Via Carducci, Trieste's main shopping street, cuts through the center of the orderly 19th-century city. It begins in Piazza Oberdan (a few blocks east of the train station on Via Ghega) and cuts a straight swath south to Piazza Goldoni; from there the Corso Italia leads west to Piazza dell'Unità d'Italia and the sea.

Getting Around

Central Trieste is easily navigable on foot, but the footsore can use the extensive network of TT buses and trams (tel. 040-425-001 or 800-016-675 in Italy; www.triestetrasporti.it) that runs throughout the city. You can purchase tickets at any tabacchi (tobacconist) for 1.05€ for 60 minutes (valid for 4 hr. on Sun) or 3.50€ for a day pass. One foot-saving route is the no. 24 line from the train station to the hilltop Castello di San Giusto and its adjoining cluster of remarkable buildings , or call a taxi at tel. 040-307-730.

Read more: http://www.frommers.com/destinations/tr ... z2oMaaZsb4
    Shows:
  • Options
    Air23Air23 Roma Posts: 1,351
    I am IN!
  • Options
    updated to #39. Merry Christmas
    Shows:
  • Options
    I'm in!!

I have an extra GA ticket for Trieste and trying to trade it for Leeds.
  • Options
    I Would like to be Number #40...if someone have an extra ticket GA for TRIESTE...Help me^__^

Thanks
    Paolo
    This land is mine, this land is free
    I'll do what I want but irresponsably
  • Options
    FedecoFedeco Posts: 49
    I'm in!
  • Options
    Udated to #41. Someone help out PaoloPJ :)
    Shows:
  • Options
    This has been the hardest city for me to get information on. If you are familiar with Trieste can you suggest where we should stay? In town, close to the stadium, close to the water? I will be arriving on the 21st in the afternoon/evening and likely leaving on the 23rd.
    Shows:
  • Options
    I'm going!
  • Options
    FaezaM wrote:
    This has been the hardest city for me to get information on. If you are familiar with Trieste can you suggest where we should stay? In town, close to the stadium, close to the water? I will be arriving on the 21st in the afternoon/evening and likely leaving on the 23rd.

Close to the water and don't forget your swimsuit. ;)8-)