Options

***TRIESTE 22.06.2014*** Roll Call & Travel Guide

Comments

• Options
    DL58287DL58287 los angeles Posts: 23
    Hey Gang! I am looking for a single ticket for Trieste.....I am planning on flying into Milan, seeing the show there and then traveling to Trieste on Sunday via Train. I am traveling solo...anyone need a partner in crime? Single gay latino 38 yrs old from Los Angeles.
  • Options
    FrancisGersbachFrancisGersbach Cape Town Posts: 43
    51 DAYS TO GO!!!!!!
    first show - 22/6/2014 Trieste; 25/6/2014 Vienna associated other: Chris Cornell 21/3/2008 www.twitter.com/PearlJamSA - www.facebook.com/PearlJamSA "Oh I'm a lucky man, to count on both hands the ones I love" #PJfam
  • Options
    one_stoneone_stone Posts: 291
    Hi!

Me and my wife are also going to the Trieste Show :)

We are travelling from Austria to Trieste by car only for the day of the show. What I haven't been able to find out is how the parking Situation close to the stadium is... Is there a parking lot at the stadium? Close to the stadium? With or without fees? Enough space? Research on the Internet only brought up parking close to the City Center but very far from the stadium...

Any help from someone with local knowledge would be highly appreciated...
  • Options
    myoung321myoung321 Posts: 2,855
    By looking at Google Maps it appears to have a large parking area at the stadium.
    "The heart and mind are the true lens of the camera." - Yusuf Karsh

• Options
    dolfantroydolfantroy Posts: 2
    Does anyone know if there is public transportation from and to the city to the stadium?
  • Options
    Read first post..

• Options
    PodaPoda Posts: 21
    I'll be there!!!
    "I wish I was a messenger, and all the news was good"
    (Eddie Vedder)
    Visit Wishlist - An Unofficial Pearl Jam Podcast
    http://bastulli.wordpress.com
  • Options
    GivnerGivner Posts: 54
    I am in for Trieste and Milan. Can't wait! :-) Just watched Eddie and Mike playing Let Me Sleep acoustic in Italy before a show ... stoked!!
  • Options
    I am coming from New Jersey and this will be my first European show. I'm so stoked!! Looking forward to seeing you all.
    * Barclays Center NY 10/19/14 * Centre Bell QC 9/7/11 * Madison Square Garden NY 9/11/98 7/8/03 7/9/03 6/24/08 6/25/08 5/20/10 * Wachovia Spectrum PA 10/28/09 * Continental Arena NJ 6/1/06 6/3/06 * Nassau Coliseum NY 4/30/03 * Jones Beach NY 8/23/00 8/24/00 *

• Options
    tedeeruxpintedeeruxpin NJ Posts: 32
    I'll be there please add me to the list!
  • Options

I am coming from New Jersey and this will be my first European show. I'm so stoked!! Looking forward to seeing you all.

I'm from NJ too and this is my first European show as well!

• Options
    After much research we decided to drive from Venice to Trieste and back the day of the show, since it looks like the last train leaves just after 10pm. Pretty easy route from rental car pick up at Venice Airport,,,,,Stop at the Palmanova Outlet Mall for some quick shopping and lunch, then into Trieste early afternoon.

• Options
    JenfarrJenfarr Posts: 638

From Hoboken here! NJ will be well represented!
    "McCready played on, lending credence to the theory that he was actually built in Stone’s basement from spare truck parts and vinyl records." - Glide Mag. review of MSG 7/8/03
  • Options
    VOLAREVOLARE Posts: 314
    Watching the 95 tour in Asia, getting the wife psyched, next up, imagine.
    8-28-92 Harriet Island
    6-16-93 University Theatre, UM
    2-8-95 Adams Field House
    6-20-98 Washington-Grizzly Stadium
    5-28-03 Adams Field House
    8-29-05 Adams Field House
    7-22-06 Gorge Amphitheater
    9-3-11 Alpine Valley
    9-30-12 Adams Field House
    10-31-12 The Pearl - Eddie Vedder
    11-01-12 The Pearl - Eddie Vedder
    9-6-13 Key Arena
    6-20-14 Milan
    6-22-14 Trieste
    11-28-15 Mexico City
  • Options
    Paco JamPaco Jam Posts: 74
    Hey count with me, add me to the list, please. I'm doing Milan and Trieste from Mexio City!!!
    won't let the light escape from me
    won't let the darkness swallow me
  • Options
    seems the OP has disappeared....can a moderator take over the list?

• Options
    Father HubbardFather Hubbard Chicago Posts: 1,561
    Looks like a "prato" ticket drop for Trieste
  • Options
    Jenfarr said:

Jenfarr said:

Hey jenfarr! Nice, I live in Sayreville now but was born and raised in Jersey City. How long have you been in Hoboken? We'll have to meet up for a drink!
  • Options
    afroannnieafroannnie Posts: 12,995
    Is anyone else staying in Slovenia for the Trieste show? What are your plans for traveling to and from the show? Any advice/ help would be greatly appreciated :)
    Show #13 was a lucky one for me....
  • Options
    kw18kw18 Posts: 3,909

Is anyone else staying in Slovenia for the Trieste show? What are your plans for traveling to and from the show? Any advice/ help would be greatly appreciated :)

What kind of crazy person would stay in one country for a show in another country? Who did your booking? That's ridiculous. :P
    "Where's KW?"
    "Let's check Idaho."
  • Options
    kw18 said:

What kind of crazy person would stay in one country for a show in another country? Who did your booking? That's ridiculous. :P

My assistant started the booking and I finished it...then I realized it was not in Italy...:P But hey, it's not that far from the venue :P
  • Options
    edited May 2014
    Maybe someone local could chime in, but seems i read you'll have to take a bus... no train service into Slovenia.... By the time we realized we were going the hotels were booked, we passed on the Solvenia option and choose to stay in Mestre Venice.. Then drive to the show... anyone else driving from Venice? Caravan?????
    Post edited by myoung321 on

• Options

sorry,,, couldn't resist.. ;)

• Options
    myoung321 said:

Maybe someone local could chime in, but seems i read you'll have to take a bus... no train service into Slovenia.... By the time we realized we were going the hotels were booked, we passed on the Solvenia option and choose to stay in Mestre Venice.. Then drive to the show... anyone else driving from Venice? Caravan?????

Thanks! Someone from FB said that it should be no problem getting a cab or I guess rent a car and it seems like quite a few people are staying in Slovenia..so it should be all good :)
  • Options
    yea you you'll be fine... It's a EU country so no major crossing the border issues, that I know of..

Plus my friend Borat said you can get lots of taxis in Slovenia.

;)

• Options
    myoung321 said:

yea you you'll be fine... It's a EU country so no major crossing the border issues, that I know of..

Plus my friend Borat said you can get lots of taxis in Slovenia.

;)

I'm calling shotgun now! :D
  • Options
    rgambsrgambs Posts: 13,576
    myoung321 said:

my wife and i are camping in sistiana near monfalcone. We were planning to hitch a taxi but if anyone driving from venice wants to let us hop on that would be awesome! We can help split the cost down a bit and it sounds like fun!
    Monkey Driven, Call this Living?
  • Options
    pj23yankspj23yanks Posts: 262
    edited May 2014
    Coming in from NY for the Milan and Trieste shows. Staying in Milan Friday, Spending Saturday
    night in Venice and Sunday night at the airport outside of Trieste because we on the first flight out first thing Monday morning.
    98: East Rutherford
    00: Saratoga Springs
    03: Albany, Uniondale, DC, MSG I & II, Holmdel
    04: Boston I
    05: Montreal, Ottawa, Toronto, Pittsburgh
    06: Toronto I & II, Hartford, Chicago I, Cleveland, Boston I & II, Philly I & II, DC, Milwaukee I, Vegas
    07: Lollapalooza
    08: Philly I, DC, MSG I & II
    09: Chicago I & II, LA III & IV, Philly I, II & IV
    10: St. Louis, Columbus, Buffalo, DC, Hartford, Boston
    11: PJ20 I & II, Montreal, Toronto I & II, Ottawa, Hamilton, Winnipeg, Calgary, Edmonton, Vancouver, Sao Paulo I & II, Rio, Costa Rica, Mexico City
    12: Berlin I & II, Stockholm, Oslo, Copenhagen, Philly, Pensacola
    13: Chicago, Worcester I & II, Brooklyn II, Philly I & II, Hartford, Baltimore, Charlotte, Phoenix, San Diego, LA II, Oakland, Vancouver
    14: Milan, Trieste, Cincinnati, Austin I, Memphis, St Paul, Denver, Bridge School II
    15: NYC, Bogota, Mexico City
    16: Miami, Tampa, Hampton, NYC I & II, Quebec, Toronto I, Fenway II, Wrigley II
    18: Barcelona, Madrid, Seattle I, Boston I & II
    22: Glendale, Oakland I, Sacramento, Toronto, Quebec, Hamilton, MSG, Camden, Nashville, Denver, Amsterdam I, Zurich, Vienna, Prague
  • Options
    JenfarrJenfarr Posts: 638
    Jenfarr said:

Hey jenfarr! Nice, I live in Sayreville now but was born and raised in Jersey City. How long have you been in Hoboken? We'll have to meet up for a drink!

Definitely tedeeruxpin! I've lived in Hoboken for over 15 years, grew up in Bergen County. There are some other Hoboken people going to Venice (21st) and then Trieste that I "met" here and we are now FB friends. We should all definitely drink lots of wine together!

"McCready played on, lending credence to the theory that he was actually built in Stone’s basement from spare truck parts and vinyl records." - Glide Mag. review of MSG 7/8/03
  • Options
    FrancisGersbachFrancisGersbach Cape Town Posts: 43
    Jenfarr said:

Jenfarr said:

Definitely tedeeruxpin! I've lived in Hoboken for over 15 years, grew up in Bergen County. There are some other Hoboken people going to Venice (21st) and then Trieste that I "met" here and we are now FB friends. We should all definitely drink lots of wine together!

Well guys, I'm from South Africa and we're heading into winter... When it gets cold I wear a "Jersey"... Does that count and does it mean I can join you and drink wine too?

So excited!!!!
    first show - 22/6/2014 Trieste; 25/6/2014 Vienna associated other: Chris Cornell 21/3/2008 www.twitter.com/PearlJamSA - www.facebook.com/PearlJamSA "Oh I'm a lucky man, to count on both hands the ones I love" #PJfam