Options

*** Los Angeles 1 Fanviews Here 11/23/13 ***

Comments

• Options
    JH315JH315 Posts: 7
    A6847 wrote:
    So I am the young lady that was thrown out by Eddie Vedder. First off I apologize if I ruined any of your times at the show...that was not my intent. I was helping a twelve year old get to his mom who had gone up a bit earlier. I didnt elbow anyone intentionally...I was pushed from the front by some angry concert goers...also from previous comments as others have stated...I did not punch anyone...I did not kick anyone. I do feel that it is a bit pretentious to feel that in a general admission concert that you can be so upset at another body being in your general area. You paid to be in a general area...not a seat...not a number. Sorry to piss off the lead singer but apparently anger made his songs better afterwards according to many of you. So now you can blow up the board on how big a piece of crap I am but honestly...in the old days...you can remember how a concert was. People would move around and get to the front and there was no drama like there was yesterday. Regardless...thanks to the security guard for being so cool...thanks for the people I did meet and were cool...and thanks for the memories where I get to tell my grandkids I got kicked out of the concert by Eddie Vedder.

That's a badge of honour? Um, congrats?
  • Options
    A6847 wrote:
    So I am the young lady that was thrown out by Eddie Vedder. First off I apologize if I ruined any of your times at the show...that was not my intent. I was helping a twelve year old get to his mom who had gone up a bit earlier. I didnt elbow anyone intentionally...I was pushed from the front by some angry concert goers...also from previous comments as others have stated...I did not punch anyone...I did not kick anyone. I do feel that it is a bit pretentious to feel that in a general admission concert that you can be so upset at another body being in your general area. You paid to be in a general area...not a seat...not a number. Sorry to piss off the lead singer but apparently anger made his songs better afterwards according to many of you. So now you can blow up the board on how big a piece of crap I am but honestly...in the old days...you can remember how a concert was. People would move around and get to the front and there was no drama like there was yesterday. Regardless...thanks to the security guard for being so cool...thanks for the people I did meet and were cool...and thanks for the memories where I get to tell my grandkids I got kicked out of the concert by Eddie Vedder.

Thanks for posting...I was sitting behind the stage and was watching with interest because we couldn't tell what the heck was going on, only that he was so mad. I appreciate you coming on here to explain, regardless of what happened. We just thought it was odd that he got so mad, what could someone possibly have done to get him so mad? Not to be sexist, but especially a female - it's one thing if he saw some drunken frat boy jamming his way up or something. And how did he know you didn't get punched first (in theory)? It's like the referees in football that throw the penalty flag on a guy who they see pushing or punching someone, when in fact the other person actually started it, perhaps doing something even worse?

Whatever, I'm sorry your night got messed up like that, I hope you were still able to enjoy yourself somewhat (and can still enjoy listening to their music in the future!) But you're right, you do have a good story - you've had more interaction with Eddie than I ever have in 30+ concerts!
  • Options
    acharding wrote:
    what kind of mom leaves her 12 year old in a crowd of crazy people to go get closer to a rockstar?
    Kids should not be in GA at all.

I would never bring my kid to a concert, period, but for those who wish to, who are you to say they can't bring them to GA? Not up front, of course not, but in the back third there's plenty of room for those that want a little space, to dance or just not have other people's sweat and germs all over them.
  • Options
    PU38569PU38569 Posts: 260
    A6847 wrote:

(insert lengthy farting noise)
    This is a birthday pony
  • Options
    A6847 wrote:

This is a birthday pony
  • Options
    JWPearlJWPearl Posts: 19,893
    Gosh that's rude, everybody gets a second, third forth etc chance, to ''fixed'' things, you meany. :lol:
  • Options
    Maybe they could tape a Jerry Springer episode from within the GA section. Put it on the bonus disk of the tour DVD.
    Up here so high I start to shake, Up here so high the sky I scrape, I've no fear but for falling down, So look out below I am falling now, Falling down,...not staying down, Could’ve held me up, rather tear me down, Drown in the river
  • Options
    TheGossmanTheGossman Posts: 1,120
    Nick Hexum from 311 was at the show last night. He tweeted, "Pearl Jam was awesome last night", this morning.
    9/4/98, 8/4/00, 12/8/02, 12/9/02, 4/15/03, 4/16/03, 4/19/03, 4/25/03, 4/26/03, 4/28/03, 4/29/03, 4/30/03, 7/8/03, 7/9/03, 9/28/04, 9/29/04, 10/6/04, 9/1/05, 9/2/05, 5/16/06, 5/17/06, 5/27/06, 5/28/06, 5/30/06, 6/1/06, 6/3/06, 8/5/07, 6/11/08, 6/12/08, 6/14/08, 6/16/08, 6/24/08, 6/25/08
  • Options
    JH6056JH6056 Posts: 2,427
    edited November 2013
    A6847 wrote:

A lot of people here are apparently willing to take your version as the "truth". There are also a lot of gullible, clueless people in the world.

You do realize that if your story happened the way you said it would, there is NO WAY it would have looked that egregious to the lead singer of a band who has seen no end of obnioxious behavior in the pit? If Eddie Vedder stopped a Pearl Jam show every time he saw someone looking a little aggressive, every show would be 3 hours long and they'd only get through 4 songs because he would spend the whole time yelling. It has to be really bad for him to even stop the shwo to ask what was going on and make sure everyone is ok. Your ACTUAL behavior, on the other hand, looked so obviously obnoxious on your way up tot he front and at the front that he didn't have to ask any questions. He just knew you were a jerk who needed to be kicked out.

Nothing about your story makes sense. It doesn't make sense that a woman with a kid who tells people she's trying to get the kid to her/his mom and who is acting mostly respectful in doing that would LOOK at ALL like a crazy, selfish bullying creep bulldozing their way to the front to the lead singe way up onstage.

Your story makes no sense, but that's not a suprprise, because how many people come on to a band's fanpage the day after being chewed out and kicked out in front of 15,000+ people for acting crazily ridiculously awful, and says "Yup, that was me, I was throwing punches, hitting people to get up front, because that's what I do at concerts, I don't give a F if people waited in line all day, I'm sefish and I think I have the right to just push people and get up front. Who's gonna stop me anway?"

That's what happened, but no one should be surprised you're not owning up to it. After alll, you were already humiliated in front of a sold out LA audience for being a total idiot and bully. Why add to it by admitting it here? I'm guessing you thought that because you're a woman, no one would hit you back and no one would hold you accountable, no matter how bad you act. Thank goodness you know there are some places where even YOU can't act like that and get away with it.

Ed noticed you among that whole pit, then got truly mad, and then bothered to get you - a WOMAN - kicked out. You seriously sound like you have no idea just how bad that means you were acting. Probably the worst behavior we can imagine doesn't even describe how you were acting.

Hope this turned you off of PJ for good. At least that's one band whose fans are safe from your awful behavior.
    Post edited by JH6056 on
  • Options
    Where's Johnnie Cochran when you need him??!!
    "I'll ride the wave where it takes me"
    Vegas - 93 / Vegas - 06 / Berkeley (Eddie) - 08 / LA - 09 / SD - 09 / Santa Barbara (Eddie) - 11 / LA - 13 / Dana Point (Eddie - Ohana) - 17 / Boston Sept 2 and 4 - 18 / Ohana 18 / Ohana 19
  • Options
    Yeah I don't buy this person's account at all. Eddie looked really pissed, there is no way he would be that aggressive and immediate towards someone if he wasn't absolutely sure that person was the problem and was doing something troublesome

This account by the woman in my opinion is total hogwash
  • Options
    AlfonzAlfonz Posts: 125
    I don't believe that story for one second. How can anyone believe that this person was moving a child peacefully to a parent that apparently had abandoned their own child. Sounds nonsensical.

Reading between the lines, you can tell there is the attitude of a person who thinks there is nothing wrong with moving through a packed crowd and getting to the front. People do not get "upset with another body in their general area" ... they get upset when someone acts like a dick.

Pretty sure Eddie would not have reacted like he did without completely valid reasons that he saw with his own eyes.
  • Options
    Enkidu wrote:
    He was so drunk that during Footsteps he leaned over and sang "It was you" to me and squeezed my leg.

I legit snorted out my coffee while I was reading this -- it's hilarious! :lol:
  • Options
    kc007kc007 USA Posts: 282
    The ejected fan's story has more holes than swiss cheese. I hope she is never in GA again.
  • Options
    A6847A6847 Posts: 2
    edited November 2013
    I wasnt humiliated in the least...just showed me the society we live in where people sue for getting their feelings hurt. I came on to the page to show the other side of things which people that already have an opinion could care less but at least I can show my side and show that it wasnt as malicious as stated. I am not owning up to something that didnt happen..I have many other witnesses that saw what did happened and regardless of such I was just making sure that the other side of the story was told. I wasnt kicked out, I was allowed to stay at the concert. Regardless I do understand that there were many people that had waited for many hours to get in a specific spot...and for that I again apologize...I am just used to concerts where unless you have a seat you dont have a specific space in which you own. So belive or dont believe but at least you can have two views of the story
    Post edited by A6847 on
  • Options
    Alfonz wrote:
    I don't believe that story for one second. How can anyone believe that this person was moving a child peacefully to a parent that apparently had abandoned their own child. Sounds nonsensical.

Reading between the lines, you can tell there is the attitude of a person who thinks there is nothing wrong with moving through a packed crowd and getting to the front. People do not get "upset with another body in their general area" ... they get upset when someone acts like a dick.

Pretty sure Eddie would not have reacted like he did without completely valid reasons that he saw with his own eyes.

Totally agree. As I said above, how many concerts has Pearl Jam played in 23 years? Let's assume it's 600 even though I have no clue (didn't I see 980+ somewhere?) However many it's been, there is probably someone at at least EVERY OTHER SHOW who is clearly a dick and should be called out, but like I said, if Ed did it every time, no music would get played.

This was so over the top, there is no way this wasn't like the worst of the worst of the worst. And to kick out a woman??? I'm starting to think she had a crowbar and was literally clubbing everyone - men, women, all the kids there as bait for tamborines - clubbing them all over the head like baby seals! :twisted: :twisted: Seriously, it had to have looked almost that bad! (Ok, not clubbing kids. Pretty sure if Ed had seen that, he would have jumped off the stage and clubbed her himself.)
  • Options
    A6847 wrote:
    JH9862 wrote:
    A lot of people here are apparently willing to take your version as the "truth". There are also a lot of gullible, clueless people in the world.

You do realize that if your story happened the way you said it would, there is NO WAY it would have looked that egregious to the lead singer of a band who has seen no end of obnioxious behavior in the pit? If Eddie Vedder stopped a Pearl Jam show every time he saw someone looking a little aggressive, every show would be 3 hours long and they'd only get through 4 songs because he would spend the whole time yelling.

Nothing about your story makes sense. It doesn't make sense that a woman with a kid who tells people she's trying to get the kid to her/his mom and who is acting mostly respectful in doing that would LOOK at ALL like a crazy, selfish bullying creep bulldozing their way to the front?

Your story makes no sense, but that's not a suprprise, because how many people come on to a band's fanpage the day after being chewed out and kicked out in front of 15,000+ people for acting crazily ridiculously awful, and says "Yup, that was me, I was throwing punches, hitting people to get up front, because that's what I do at concerts, I don't give a F if people waited in line all day, I'm sefish and I think I have the right to just push people and get up front. Who's gonna stop me anway?"

That's what happened, but no one should be surprised you're not owning up to it. After alll, you were already humiliated in front of a sold out LA audience for being a total idiot and bully. Why add to it by admitting it here?

That said, nothing you can say makes your story believable. It was so obvious and so egregious, Ed bothered to get you kicked out. Probably the worst behavior we can imagine doesn't even describe how you were acting.

Hope this turned you off of PJ for good. At least that's one band whose fans are safe from your awful behavior.

I wasnt humiliated in the least...just showed me the society we live in where people sue for getting their feelings hurt. I came on to the page to show the other side of things which people that already have an opinion could care less but at least I can show my side and show that it wasnt as malicious as stated. I am not owning up to something that didnt happen..I have many other witnesses that saw what did happened and regardless of such I was just making sure that the other side of the story was told. I wasnt kicked out, I was allowed to stay at the concert. Regardless I do understand that there were many people that had waited for many hours to get in a specific spot...and for that I again apologize...I am just used to concerts where unless you have a seat you dont have a specific space in which you own. So belive or dont believe but at least you can have to views of the story

It is always interesting to have another version of the story. Just wanted to be clear, many here see through it and you would pretty much have to produce video to prove a) there was an actual kid involved, and b) that you didn't act like an abusive jerk on your way up to the front.

As for your whole "Unless you have a specific seat you don't have a seat that you own", c'mon, again, you really don't understand who you're dealing with on this page. Most of us have been to a LOT of shows, many PJ, and who knows who else. GA is GA, which means that exactly because you DON'T have a designated seat, you need to get there early if you have a specific spot you want to occupy. But what you seem unable to comprehend is, a person occupying a space does NOT have to put up with someone else trying to forcibly move them OUT of the space they already occupy, either to the other person can have it or on the other person's way to force someone in the front out of their space.

In other words: being in GA does NOT give you a right to arrive whenever you want to and just force people to let you up front. WOndering how many shows you've done this at before you finally got called out?

I'm sure you do think you didn't do anything wrong. Most bullies do think that way. It's never their fault, it's always about how everyone else doesn't understand or is too sensitive. And no matter how many people have pointed out to the bully exactly what they did that was f'd up, no, bullies are above it. Entitled to talke what they want (though, interestingly, they usually don't like it when other bigger bullied take anything FROM them. Interesting...)

Anyway, the moral of this story is that, yes, stories are nice. But sometimes it's really obvious when they're made up stories... you didn't even make your cover up believable. Still hoping that, even though you said you weren't humiliated, at least you understand who this band and these fans are, and you at least don't try to pull this crap again at a PJ show. Or are you bringing back up next time?
  • Options
    The whole "GA means you don't own that space" thing is BS. If you have been to many GA shows you would know the distain people have for people using tactics to try and weasel up to the front
  • Options
    A6847 wrote:
    I wasnt humiliated in the least...just showed me the society we live in where people sue for getting their feelings hurt. I came on to the page to show the other side of things which people that already have an opinion could care less but at least I can show my side and show that it wasnt as malicious as stated. I am not owning up to something that didnt happen..I have many other witnesses that saw what did happened and regardless of such I was just making sure that the other side of the story was told. I wasnt kicked out, I was allowed to stay at the concert. Regardless I do understand that there were many people that had waited for many hours to get in a specific spot...and for that I again apologize...I am just used to concerts where unless you have a seat you dont have a specific space in which you own. So belive or dont believe but at least you can have two views of the story

I will give you credit for this much: at least you admit above that a) you WERE being malicious (just "not as malicious as stated"), and b) you did pretty much force your way up front because you didn't think anyone had a right to expect not to be forced out of their space at some point.

You were at least a little honest... ;)
  • Options
    JWPearlJWPearl Posts: 19,893
    Enkidu wrote:
    He was so drunk that during Footsteps he leaned over and sang "It was you" to me and squeezed my leg.

I legit snorted out my coffee while I was reading this -- it's hilarious! :lol:
    That was really me actually ;):lol:
  • Options
    BentleyspopBentleyspop Craft Beer Brewery, Colorado Posts: 10,538
    Besides agreeing that the supposed story is BS did anyone else notice that this person joined the 10Club TODAY!!!

:corn:
  • Options
    That date below avatar that says joined. Doesn't really mean joined the club. It means the date of the members first post.
    2009 Philly Spectrum 10/28
    2010 Jazz Fest*Kansas City*St.Louis*Columbus*Noblesville*Bristow*
    Hartford*Newark*MSG1*MSG2*Dublin*Belfast*HydePark*Nijmegen*
    Berlin*WM3Little Rock*Bridge 1&2
    2011 Eddie Vedder*Chicago*St Louis*San Diego*Long Beach*Los Angles*Santa Barbara
    PJ20 1&2*Canada Tour*Montreal*Toronto 1&2*Ottawa*Hamilton*Winnipeg*
    Saskatoon*Calgary*Edmonton*Vancouver
  • Options
    No Michigan show this year so the wife and I made our way west to see San D and LA1. I was in the very last row in the back corner and it was awesome. I couldn't see what was going on up front and to be honest, it was a blip, a non-event.

I will remember how LOUD the singalong was for Black, how seamlessly the new songs and the old songs went together, how awesome it was to hear Garden (19 yrs after I heard it as a 17 year old in Ann Arbor), and how aggressive the vibe was.

The aggression really stood out, especially after seeing the family show two nights earlier in San Diego. We were talking about the vibe before the show and remember saying, "this isn't a place you bring your Mom". It looked like a rodeo venue. The show totally fit that vibe.

Thank you to the band and the crowd for an awesome show. Hope to see PJ in Michigan again soon.
    10/16/2014 Detroit
    11/23/2013 LA, 11/21/2013 San Diego, 07/19/2013 Chicago
    08/05/2007 Chicago
    10/09/2000 Chicago, 10/07/2000 Auburn Hills
    03/20/1994 Ann Arbor
  • Options
    A6847 wrote:

This is a birthday pony
  • Options
    It was their first post as well. Seems suspicious.
    BTW...Fucking great show - for me Footsteps was the icing on the cake. Crowd was full of energy.
    I was about 10 people back from the rail in the Pit/GA - people in the GA were very cool!
    The show's poster wasn't very cool,I passed on it. First time I passed on a poster! YIKES!
    Oh...and the death stare on EV was unreal. He was pissed off!
    Best part was when Ed propped up on the rail on Stone's side and so close...but I didn't get spit on...LOL!
    One of my favorite shows. Wish I was there Sunday for show 2.

I have noticed that despite the issue during the first song, Ed seems VERY happy. So awesome,for such a shitty 2013 year! Keep on PJ- Love ya!
    Tony
    ( OIIIIO ) It's about being able to go where most can't - Forget it, It's a Jeep thing!
  • Options
    A6847 wrote:

You weren't humiliated because you were trying to pass the blame as if it were someone else's fault as to why you were singled out.. there were many of us that were there in that area where you were selfishly trying to bulldoze through the people to get up front where some of us were on the rail...

People weren't having it and then you started to get a little on the violent side pushing and shoving and throwing elbows... You got called out outside when you were trying to cut the line and were told by EVERYONE else that had been there since 4,5,6,7 in the morning that you were not welcomed to just join their group.

And I'll put you on blast.. there was no kid you were trying to help.. the only kids that were in that area were being well taken care of by their parents... and you know what... even the KIDS were upset that you were trying to get in front of them.... because even they had the decency to WAIT ALLLLLL DAY to be in the spots they were in. (maybe you can tell the rest of the people here that you were trying to be all heroic but, you will be called out on it)

You can't expect people to take kindly to you wanting to have the same privileges as them if you didn't put in the time to claim them..... You want to be on the rail.. well then, wake the fuck up at crack ass of dawn... get on line and wait the entire day like the 90% of us people that were on the rail did...
  • Options
    ParksyParksy Posts: 1,675
    Post deleted by Admin. See the Posting Guidelines
    Toronto 2000
    Buffalo, Phoenix, Toronto 2003
    Boston I&II 2004
    Kitchener, Hamilton, London, Montreal, Ottawa, Toronto 2005
    Toronto I&II, Las Vegas 2006
    Chicago Lollapalooza 2007
    Toronto, Seattle I&II, Vancouver, Philly I,II,III,IV 2009
    Cleveland, Buffalo 2010
    Toronto I&II 2011
    Buffalo 2013
    Toronto I&II 2016
    10C: 220xxx
  • Options
    Post deleted by Admin. See the Posting Guidelines
  • Options
    ofthegirl75ofthegirl75 New Jersey Posts: 300
    So her very first forum post was today?
    Interesting......
    :roll:
    Not buying it.
  • Options
    Post deleted by Admin. Personal attacks, name calling are not ok. See the Posting Guidelines
This discussion has been closed.