Options

NBA Thread now in 2015

Comments

• Options
    Amongst the AniAmongst the Ani @Wobbie Posts: 7,790
    I don't see how any team beats the Warriors in a best of 7.
    Tom Brady & Donald Trump, BFF's
    Fuckus rules all
    Rob
    Seattle
  • Options

Dreymond can go ballistic, Thompson can go AWOL, Steph can get hurt and monkeys could fly out my butt.

I agree, it'' take a miracle for them to lose.
  • Options
    mrussel1mrussel1 Posts: 28,632

Dreymond can go ballistic, Thompson can go AWOL, Steph can get hurt and monkeys could fly out my butt.

Cavs aren't done making moves. Korver is finding his stride on the team. Derrick Williams looks great when he is surrounded by good players. He's averaging a 10/3 line in his four games with the Cavs. Not bad for a FA pick up. I suspect the Cavs will find a way to get Melo, but I'm certainly not sure. I think there is one more big move left in the next week to be sure we are ready for GS
  • Options
    mrussel1 said:

Cavs aren't done making moves. Korver is finding his stride on the team. Derrick Williams looks great when he is surrounded by good players. He's averaging a 10/3 line in his four games with the Cavs. Not bad for a FA pick up. I suspect the Cavs will find a way to get Melo, but I'm certainly not sure. I think there is one more big move left in the next week to be sure we are ready for GS
    Love being out for a few weeks is only putting more pressure on the rest of the team.
  • Options
    mrussel1mrussel1 Posts: 28,632

mrussel1 said:

Love being out for a few weeks is only putting more pressure on the rest of the team.
    And JR. They'll get through it. The JR thing has really hurt on the defensive end.
  • Options
    The Greek Freak was just interviewed on The Jump. Dude has HUGE ass hands.

Saw his in game free throw line dunk. Pretty damn impressive.
  • Options
    No CoderNo Coder Brisbane Posts: 1,126
    Carmelo being added to the All- Star game for K Love is a joke. Beal should have been named
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me

*BEC, Brisbane, March 1995
    *BEC, Brisbane, March 1998
    *BEC, Brisbane, November 2006
    *QSAC, Brisbane November 2009
    *EV Solo, QPAC, Brisbane March 10 and 12 2011
    *Big Day Out, Gold Coast, 19 Jan 2014
    *EV Solo, QPAC, Brisbane, 22,23 & 25 Feb 2014
  • Options
    No Coder said:

Carmelo being added to the All- Star game for K Love is a joke. Beal should have been named

They needed another forward.
    Fuckus rules all
    Rob
    Seattle
  • Options
    23scidoo23scidoo Thessaloniki,Greece Posts: 18,509
    Greek. 30. Allstar Game.
    Athens 2006. Dusseldorf 2007. Berlin 2009. Venice 2010. Amsterdam 1 2012. Amsterdam 1+2 2014. Buenos Aires 2015.
    Prague Krakow Berlin 2018. Berlin 2022
    EV, Taormina 1+2 2017.

I wish i was the souvenir you kept your house key on..
  • Options
    Does anyone actually watch the all star game? I love the NBA but this is the worst of all the all star games. Worse than the NFL.
    Fuckus rules all
    Rob
    Seattle
  • Options

Does anyone actually watch the all star game? I love the NBA but this is the worst of all the all star games. Worse than the NFL.

Nothing is worse than the NFL... I watched the first quarter and that was it. I liked seeing Durant and Westbrook play again.
  • Options
    crookedcrosscrookedcross Right Near Da Beach, Boiii Posts: 1,418

Although there has been a lot of great All-Star games, it is meant to be entertainment. For what it is, I thought it was alright. Also, tempo is right. Pretty hard to beat the Pro-Bowl in lameness. lol
  • Options
    No CoderNo Coder Brisbane Posts: 1,126

Although there has been a lot of great All-Star games, it is meant to be entertainment. For what it is, I thought it was alright. Also, tempo is right. Pretty hard to beat the Pro-Bowl in lameness. lol
    The recent years of NBA All Star games are getting worse and worse. I know it's about entertainment, but they don't play ANY defense at all. In the 80's and 90's even though is was generally fun and light, there was always a competitive edge to the games and the 4th qtr got real at times.

I enjoy watching it for what it is, but it would be nice to see more than jacked up 3's and runaway dunks all game. It was good to see Russ and Isiah have a bit of back and forth, but there should be more of it. Magic's last game, the players lined up to take him 1v1, and when great defensive big men where playing (Dikembe/Wallace etc) they tried to block players.

I'll ride the wave where it takes me

*BEC, Brisbane, March 1995
    *BEC, Brisbane, March 1998
    *BEC, Brisbane, November 2006
    *QSAC, Brisbane November 2009
    *EV Solo, QPAC, Brisbane March 10 and 12 2011
    *Big Day Out, Gold Coast, 19 Jan 2014
    *EV Solo, QPAC, Brisbane, 22,23 & 25 Feb 2014
  • Options
    ^^^^ this is why I think nba all star game is worse than pro bowl. Pro bowl is a joke but at least they still have to tackle. It's a sham of defense but at least it's still played. In the NBA they might as well just sit down.
    Fuckus rules all
    Rob
    Seattle
  • Options
    Jason PJason P Posts: 19,123
    It's a good thing the Sac Kings don't have any fans otherwise their HQ would have been burnt down in the last 24 hrs and Divac would be hanging from a gallows.
  • Options
    The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,290
    Jason P said:

It's a good thing the Sac Kings don't have any fans otherwise their HQ would have been burnt down in the last 24 hrs and Divac would be hanging from a gallows.

Love Vlade....he's been a big help in the Sixers rebuild....
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    edited February 2017

Jason P said:

Love Vlade....he's been a big help in the Sixers rebuild....
    I'm sure all the other GM's are trying to figure out what they can get from Vlade in return for a bag of magic beans. Someone tweeted that NBA 2K17 would not allow that trade.

The Sixers were gifted a magical idiot in their rebuild process in the form if a 7'-1" Serb.
    Post edited by Jason P on
  • Options
    Indifference71Indifference71 Chicago Posts: 14,746
    No Coder said:

The recent years of NBA All Star games are getting worse and worse. I know it's about entertainment, but they don't play ANY defense at all. In the 80's and 90's even though is was generally fun and light, there was always a competitive edge to the games and the 4th qtr got real at times.

Yep. I turned it on Sunday night and lasted about 5 mins. That was tough to watch. I know it's supposed to be a show, but just watching the best players in the world shoot wide open 3s and throw down uncontested dunks isn't very entertaining.
  • Options
    WobbieWobbie Posts: 29,474
    the coup is complete in LA.

hope it fails miserably.
    If I had known then what I know now...

Vegas 93, Vegas 98, Vegas 00 (10 year show), Vegas 03, Vegas 06
    VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Seattle1 09, Seattle2 09, Salt Lake 09, LA4 09
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • Options
    Isiah Thomas could use a job. Wonder if he has Magic on speed dial?
  • Options
    normnorm I'm always home. I'm uncool. Posts: 31,147
    I have a feeling Vlade won't be the only former Laker to make a dumb trade this week. :smirk:
  • Options
    norm said:

I have a feeling Vlade won't be the only former Laker to make a dumb trade this week. :smirk:

Boogie was a cancer on the team and they needed him gone. That locker room might be a better place now.
  • Options
    Wobbie said:

hope it fails miserably.

I should have said I hope it fails spectacularly.

VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • Options
    crookedcrosscrookedcross Right Near Da Beach, Boiii Posts: 1,418
    Boogie also only have this and the next season left on his contract. You know he only stayed due to that post-rookie contract big money. He probably would've left for nothing anyway so I think it was a decent deal considering Casspi is also another expiring contract. Both wouldn't have stayed so is it the best deal? No. But it made some sense IMO.

Boogie's attitude is shitty, too. At first I thought it was all media and rumors, until the 2015 All-Star game at MSG. I remember walking through the tunnel back to our seats after the half, and Boogie was behind us walking back to the court saying "Man I just want this fuckin' game to be over so I can get my mothafuckin' check". Might've been a minor deal, but I got to see it and that verified it for me. That's in public. Imagine behind closed doors in a locker room setting. Real classy guy

• Options
    Wobbie said:

hope it fails miserably.

Jim Buss stunk as a President. Stunk. I always thought Jeanie was the better fit, she cared more which was evident when she ran that hockey team.

Not sure if Magic is the answer, he wasn't getting through as a coach back in the day but he's got to be better than Jim.
  • Options
    Sacramento should have gotten more for Boogie. If his agent did tank other trades to keep him in Sacramento just so he could get the new max then it just goes to show Boogie will never win anything in the NBA. I can't fault him, his career and his choice to chase the money. I just hope NO realizes they got one of the most talented guys in the NBA that also does not give a shit but his paycheck.
    Fuckus rules all
    Rob
    Seattle
  • Options
    You still don't trade Boogie for trinkets and shiny marbles even if he is a locker room cancer. Vlade even admitted in a press conference that he pretty much fucked up and passed on a better trade and still pulled the trigger days before the deadline.
  • Options
    The new rumor is that Boogie's agent called that team (Celtics?) and said Boogie would not re-sign with them and did not want to be on their team.
    Fuckus rules all
    Rob
    Seattle
  • Options
    fuck a buncha boogie.

VIC 07
    EV LA1 08