Options

Oscar Pistorius

Comments

• Options
    catefrancescatefrances Posts: 29,003
    was it just a valentines surprise gone seriously wrong?

what was reeva doing in the bathroom?

where within the house is this bathroom located?

why didnt she identify herself if oscar 'mistook' her for a stranger?

did oscar not warn the 'intruder' that he had a gun?

was reeva unaware that her boyfriend kept a gun at his house?

was oscar in bed when the 'intruder' entered the house?

and if so how much time did he have to strap his blades on? or was he wearing them in bed? if so, is it usual for him to do so?

is there a checkpoint at the entrance of the gated community in which oscar lives? and if so is it manned and is there a record of what time reeva entered the compound?
    hear my name
    take a good look
    this could be the day
    hold my hand
    lie beside me
    i just need to say
  • Options
    PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,543

and if so how much time did he have to strap his blades on? or was he wearing them in bed? if so, is it usual for him to do so?

is there a checkpoint at the entrance of the gated community in which oscar lives? and if so is it manned and is there a record of what time reeva entered the compound?
    His affidavit answers a lot of these questions.
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam NINUNINOPRO Posts: 139,158
    just now i read at news he was arrested in the past for assault
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Options
    PJ_Soul wrote:

and what did he say? when exactly did he realise the person he shot several times wasnt an intruder but in fact his girlfriend?
    hear my name
    take a good look
    this could be the day
    hold my hand
    lie beside me
    i just need to say
  • Options
    PJ_Soul wrote:

and what did he say? when exactly did he realise the person he shot several times wasnt an intruder but in fact his girlfriend?
    Oh god, it's so stupid. He says he thought she was still in bed, so shot wildly into the bathroom without even checking or asking if it was her in there or anything. :roll: He said he realized it was her only after he shot her, obviously, and that she died in his arms. He said he didn't have his legs on... just that he heard someone in the bathroom and immediately decided to kill whoever was in the there, assuming 100% that it was an intruder, without even considering that it might be his girlfriend... who he.... thought was still in bed right next to him. :fp:
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    PJ_Soul wrote:
    Oh god, it's so stupid. He says he thought she was still in bed, so shot wildly into the bathroom without even checking or asking if it was her in there or anything. :roll: He said he realized it was her only after he shot her, obviously, and that she died in his arms. He said he didn't have his legs on... just that he heard someone in the bathroom and immediately decided to kill whoever was in the there, assuming 100% that it was an intruder, without even considering that it might be his girlfriend... who he.... thought was still in bed right next to him. :fp:

he thought reeva was in bed next to him? didnt he check for sure knowing there was an intruder in the house? he didnt have his legs on? did he crawl to the bathroom door? well ballistics will be able to determine that.
    hear my name
    take a good look
    this could be the day
    hold my hand
    lie beside me
    i just need to say
  • Options
    PJ_Soul wrote:

he thought reeva was in bed next to him? didnt he check for sure knowing there was an intruder in the house? he didnt have his legs on? did he crawl to the bathroom door? well ballistics will be able to determine that.
    No, he didn't fucking check if she was next to him. He said he just assumed. :lol: It is a REALLY bad story! It sounded like he either shot from the bed or got there without the legs on. That part wasn't quite clear, but he did say specifically that he didn't have legs. It wasn't even quite clear if he shot her through the actual door or just through the doorway. Obviously, if there are bullet holes in the door, we'll know the answer to that (it would help his story a lot if he shot through the actual door... it would also make him seem like an even bigger stupid fucking idiot).
  • Options
    PJ_Soul wrote:
    PJ_Soul wrote:

No, he didn't fucking check if she was next to him. He said he just assumed. :lol: It is a REALLY bad story! It sounded like he either shot from the bed or got there without the legs on. That part wasn't quite clear, but he did say specifically that he didn't have legs. It wasn't even quite clear if he shot her through the actual door or just through the doorway. Obviously, if there are bullet holes in the door, we'll know the answer to that (it would help his story a lot if he shot through the actual door... it would also make him seem like an even bigger stupid fucking idiot).

aah so from that i gather after he shot the 'intruder' he dragged himself(without his blades) to the bathroom to see his handiwork. did he leave the gun behind? or did he take it with him in order if need be he had to finish the job? i cant imagine mistaking my lover for an intruder if they were standing in an open doorway. surely hed seen reeva in that light before?

hmm not an especially good move to just shoot from the bed if that was the case. what exactly did he think an intruder was doing in his bathroom?? if im sleeping with someone and i hear a noise i assume its them. and i assume theyre either taking a midnight tinkle or raiding the fridge for water. i dont assume the noise is an intruder. i come to that conclusion only after ive ascertained whether or not im in bed alone. aah so from that i gather after he shot the 'intruder' he dragged himself(without his blades) to the bathroom to see his handiwork.
    hear my name
    take a good look
    this could be the day
    hold my hand
    lie beside me
    i just need to say
  • Options
    Here is his story i mean statement. Judge for yourself how totally ridiculous it sounds!

http://www.standard.co.uk/news/crime/in ... 01265.html
  • Options
    redrockredrock Posts: 18,341
    Whilst Pistorius's lawyers were tearing the prosecution's witness to shreds due to 'first impression' errors, Pistorius's story just doesn't stand up to scrutiny either. Amongst other really flippant things:

(Remember, it's pitch black, he has limited mobility on his stumps but....)

"I rushed back into the bedroom and opened the sliding door exiting onto the balcony and screamed for help. I put on my prosthetic legs, ran back to the bathroom and tried to kick the toilet door open. I think I must then have turned on the lights."

So... limited mobility to get to the balcony door to bathroom/toilet (via wherever to find his gun) to shoot the intruder but 'rushing' back. Pitch black (so even not seeing his girlfriend is not in the bed) but managing to find his prosthetic legs and putting them on before switching the light on.

Obviously, there is a lot being said right now but some parts of his 'statement' beggars belief. What is coming out is just bits and pieces of facts, sometimes misunderstood/misrepresented. Forensics have not all be done, etc. There is speculation that, should he had really been on his stumps to shoot through the toilet door, the trajectory of the bullet would have been different, etc.

A more accurate picture will emerge in the next days/weeks, etc. but all this is very murky - especially with his past 'domestics'.

However, someone mentioned OJ - yep.. I think we might be in for the same kind of sensationalist trial when the time comes.
  • Options
    PJ_Soul wrote:
    Here is his story i mean statement. Judge for yourself how totally ridiculous it sounds!

http://www.standard.co.uk/news/crime/in ... 01265.html

he called to reeva to call the police even though she was, to the best of his knowledge, asleep? even when he went to retrieve his gun he didnt try to wake reeva in order that she call the police. he just assumed whoever was in the bathroom was an intruder? so only after he thought it just might be reeva in the bathroom did he put on his legs??? why take the time to do that if you think you just shot your girlfriend by mistake? and when did he call the police? why was the toilet door locked? if as he said he yelled at the intruder to get our of his house, did reeva not identify herself? isnt that what any of us wold do if we heard our lover yelling at us?

so many questions oscar. what a shame the only other witness is dead and cant corroborate or deny his story.
    hear my name
    take a good look
    this could be the day
    hold my hand
    lie beside me
    i just need to say
  • Options
    redrockredrock Posts: 18,341
    When you see the floor plan of the bedroom/bathroom/toilet area, it would take one very stupid intruder to lock himself in the toilet. Couldn't have cornered himself any better!
  • Options
    redrock wrote:
    When you see the floor plan of the bedroom/bathroom/toilet area, it would take one very stupid intruder to lock himself in the toilet. Couldn't have cornered himself any better!
    Well he said that his immediate and singular assumption was that the burglar had climbed in the bathroom window and then closed the bathroom door while still in there, so Oscar pulled the trigger several times. :|
  • Options
    gimmesometruth27gimmesometruth27 St. Fuckin Louis Posts: 22,161
    There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man; true nobility is being superior to your former self.- Hemingway

"Well, you tell him that I don't talk to suckas."
  • Options

chewbacca always makes sense.
    hear my name
    take a good look
    this could be the day
    hold my hand
    lie beside me
    i just need to say
  • Options
    redrock wrote:

however if you were trying to get away from someone threatening you, the toilet whilst a deadend could seem a safe place.. especially if you locked the door.
    hear my name
    take a good look
    this could be the day
    hold my hand
    lie beside me
    i just need to say
  • Options
    redrock wrote:

however if you were trying to get away from someone threatening you, the toilet whilst a deadend could seem a safe place.. especially if you locked the door.
    Yep.
  • Options
    Jason PJason P Posts: 19,123
    The lead detective is facing attempted murder charges!!!

:fp:

I look forward to the audio recording where he is additioning for a movie and drops the n-word 50 times.

:corn:
  • Options
    one thing that always bothers me about these cases is that everyone thinks they can figure out guilt or innocence based on assumptions of what you would have done or what you think would make sense in the course of an extremely stressful and chaotic situation that probably lasted about 30 seconds.

is he guilty? probably.

does the fact that he says he didn't know his g/f wasn't in bed next to him make him guilty? no. has that not ever happened to you before? there have been several situations where I've groggily gotten out of bed, and been scared to death upon entering the bathroom and my wife is already in there, not knowing she wasn't next to me in bed (and we sleep in a DOUBLE, not even a queen).

none of the assumptions on what people deem make sense is relevant. the only thing that's relevant, besides an eyewitness account, is physical evidence.
    Gimli 1993
    Fargo 2003
    Winnipeg 2005
    Winnipeg 2011
    St. Paul 2014
  • Options
    one thing that always bothers me about these cases is that everyone thinks they can figure out guilt or innocence based on assumptions of what you would have done or what you think would make sense in the course of an extremely stressful and chaotic situation that probably lasted about 30 seconds.

is he guilty? probably.

does the fact that he says he didn't know his g/f wasn't in bed next to him make him guilty? no. has that not ever happened to you before? there have been several situations where I've groggily gotten out of bed, and been scared to death upon entering the bathroom and my wife is already in there, not knowing she wasn't next to me in bed (and we sleep in a DOUBLE, not even a queen).

none of the assumptions on what people deem make sense is relevant. the only thing that's relevant, besides an eyewitness account, is physical evidence.
    Yeah, it's all about the physical evidence. If that doesn't disprove his story (as opposed to actually proving it), I don't see how they could confidently convict him, no matter how guilty he seems. There wouldn't be any proof that he did it on purpose.... The witnesses saying there was screaming and yelling going on for a while before the gun fire seems fairly damning though.
  • Options
    PJ_Soul wrote:
    Yeah, it's all about the physical evidence. If that doesn't disprove his story (as opposed to actually proving it), I don't see how they could confidently convict him, no matter how guilty he seems. There wouldn't be any proof that he did it on purpose.... The witnesses saying there was screaming and yelling going on for a while before the gun fire seems fairly damning though.

didn't someone say that those that supposedly heard that were found to live 4 blocks away?
    Gimli 1993
    Fargo 2003
    Winnipeg 2005
    Winnipeg 2011
    St. Paul 2014
  • Options
    PJ_Soul wrote:

didn't someone say that those that supposedly heard that were found to live 4 blocks away?
    Really? If you say so... If that's the case, then that testimony would be useless... It could have been anyone in the area screaming.
  • Options
    http://sports.yahoo.com/news/olympics-- ... 00181.html

Looks like he'll be crying a little bit more if he doesn't get bail tomorrow.
  • Options
    I don't see why he shouldn't be granted bail. It's not like he can just slip away at night and stay under the radar. He's an internationally famous guy with no legs. And there seems to be no reason to think he's going to go and kill again while on trial.
  • Options
    PJ_Soul wrote:
    PJ_Soul wrote:

Really? If you say so... If that's the case, then that testimony would be useless... It could have been anyone in the area screaming.

this is what I was referring to.
    Jason P wrote:
    It looks like the South African version of the OJ Simpson prosecution team has been assembled. On day 1 the lead detective agreed with the defense that they didn’t have real evidence. And on day 2 one of his key witnesses that heard screaming leading up to the shooting was actually four blocks away.
    Gimli 1993
    Fargo 2003
    Winnipeg 2005
    Winnipeg 2011
    St. Paul 2014
  • Options
    Huh!
    And now the lead investigator is a murder suspect. TOTALLY OJ-esque! If I were to place a bet on the outcome right now, I'd say that he'll be found not guilty.... Although that's based on what I know of N. American courts. Could be a whole other ballgame in South Africa.
  • Options
    IdrisIdris Posts: 2,317
    PJ_Soul wrote:
    . And there seems to be no reason to think he's going to go and kill again while on trial.

He already has killed once, he seems unstable/always breaking down, he was on steroids (apparently), so that could very well be messing with his mind.

Who knows what he may do, what we do know is what he has done, which is put 4? bullets into his girlfriend and if the reports are accurate, smashed her head in with a Cricket Bat all the while thinking it was someone who broke/got into his well secured complex etc
  • Options
    Idris wrote:
    PJ_Soul wrote:
    . And there seems to be no reason to think he's going to go and kill again while on trial.

He already has killed once, he seems unstable/always breaking down, he was on steroids (apparently), so that could very well be messing with his mind.

Who knows what he may do, what we do know is what he has done, which is put 4? bullets into his girlfriend and if the reports are accurate, smashed her head in with a Cricket Bat all the while thinking it was someone who broke/got into his well secured complex etc
    Hey, I'm not defending him or saying I think he SHOULD get out on bail... Just from what i've observed in the past, people who commit this kind of crime very often get out on bail (not a random attack, he's plead not guilty, there is no hard evidence proving that his story is bullshit, he doesn't seem like a flight risk, etc).
  • Options
    IdrisIdris Posts: 2,317
    His actions are not of someone who should be out on the streets. What he did shows a complete lack of restraint and is not someone of a 'sound mind'.

Other people who commit this type of crime who get out on bail is not really my concern, I'm speaking about this specific case.

4 shots, all hitting the same person, the bloodied cricket bat, the roids...It all adds up to something being wrong, even if his story is legit, he's still a mess and if anything maybe he should be in a Psychiatric hospital for some evaluation.

Anyway, I trust South African courts more than ours, so yea, let's see what happens.

Also I know you are not defending him, I was just replying to you saying And there seems to be no reason to think he's going to go and kill again while on trial.

I just wanted to point out that a few reasons do exist, mainly being his own mental state.
  • Options
    Idris wrote:
    His actions are not of someone who should be out on the streets. What he did shows a complete lack of restraint and is not someone of a 'sound mind'.

Other people who commit this type of crime who get out on bail is not really my concern, I'm speaking about this specific case.

4 shots, all hitting the same person, the bloodied cricket bat, the roids...It all adds up to something being wrong, even if his story is legit, he's still a mess and if anything maybe he should be in a Psychiatric hospital for some evaluation.

Anyway, I trust South African courts more than ours, so yea, let's see what happens.

Also I know you are not defending him, I was just replying to you saying And there seems to be no reason to think he's going to go and kill again while on trial.

I just wanted to point out that a few reasons do exist, mainly being his own mental state.
    I haven't seen anything legally or factually suggesting that there is something wrong with his mental state (beyond that which leads to any person committing murder). I really don't think that anything suggests he's going to go out and kill again, because what it looks like is a crime of passion. In the US, a lot of people would get out on bail (with the bail being extremely high so most people couldn't pay it anyway).