Let Your Voice Be Heard

Comments

• PJNBPJNB Posts: 12,599
    PJNB said:
    23scidoo said:
    23scidoo said:
    Annr95 said:
    The Ten Club floor split needs to really be at all shows, not just some of them. As good as Krakow was, I think it could have been even better with the TC-only area at the front. Compare that with the Italy shows (I know they were stadiums, but still). Thanks!
    Krakow was actually dangerous in the front of the pit for those of us who are not six foot tall men who want to run into each other. We headed to the back, where there was not much space, pretty quickly after it started to get rough and one in our group took an elbow to the stomach. It seems that the floor was quite oversold with the front being so tight and no places with some space anywhere else on the floor.
    The Krakow pit was rough cause of the many drunk Polish people, not 10C members..
    I had a few words with the Justin Bieber wannabe beside me and he mellowed out.
    That pit was really nothing compared to the Buenos Aires, Santiago or Trieste shows I’ve been to. It was tame on Stone’s side for the most part.
    Buenos Aires was more safe for me and i was deep in the pit..Krakow was full of assholes who didn't respect anyone around..
    I heard Stones side was pretty calm. Mike's side was a sandwich fest with constant pressure and people with sharp elbows trying to barge their way through. Berlin on the other hand was wave after wave after wave of pushing even during thin air :lol:
    there are this douchebag father and son on Mike side
    want to make a way to the front
    got scolded by the guy beside me LOL

I think I am that guy LOL! Fucking kids these days. 
  • PJNBPJNB Posts: 12,599
    cutz said:
    PJNB said:
    23scidoo said:
    23scidoo said:
    Annr95 said:
    The Ten Club floor split needs to really be at all shows, not just some of them. As good as Krakow was, I think it could have been even better with the TC-only area at the front. Compare that with the Italy shows (I know they were stadiums, but still). Thanks!
    Krakow was actually dangerous in the front of the pit for those of us who are not six foot tall men who want to run into each other. We headed to the back, where there was not much space, pretty quickly after it started to get rough and one in our group took an elbow to the stomach. It seems that the floor was quite oversold with the front being so tight and no places with some space anywhere else on the floor.
    The Krakow pit was rough cause of the many drunk Polish people, not 10C members..
    That pit was really nothing compared to the Buenos Aires, Santiago or Trieste shows I’ve been to. It was tame on Stone’s side for the most part.
    Buenos Aires was more safe for me and i was deep in the pit..Krakow was full of assholes who didn't respect anyone around..
    I heard Stones side was pretty calm. Mike's side was a sandwich fest with constant pressure and people with sharp elbows trying to barge their way through. Berlin on the other hand was wave after wave after wave of pushing even during thin air :lol:
    Stones side was not much better according to someone i know who was on that side. I was in a seat on that side and security had to bring a few fans over the rail during the show. Berlin was a  constant wave of pushing/moshing, but it was a controlled moshing>LOL
    How did we not meet on this trip? Hear you had some issues with your travels but I think it all worked out? You doing any of the shows this summer?
  • cutzcutz Posts: 11,395
    PJNB said:
    cutz said:
    PJNB said:
    23scidoo said:
    23scidoo said:
    Annr95 said:
    Stones side was not much better according to someone i know who was on that side. I was in a seat on that side and security had to bring a few fans over the rail during the show. Berlin was a  constant wave of pushing/moshing, but it was a controlled moshing>LOL
    How did we not meet on this trip? Hear you had some issues with your travels but I think it all worked out? You doing any of the shows this summer?
    You know, i was thinking the same(as far as us not meeting). 

Yes, i did have some issues on my travels to Europe. It took a LONG time for me to get over, but it did work out. Though, it cost me money(that  i'm still fighting to get a refund).

I'm going to both Fenway shows.  Wish i could see more, but i can't complain after the shows in Europe.
  • treestrees Columbus OHIO Posts: 1,798
    edited January 2019
    iam STILL WAITING on the the 2011 box and 2012 ,and would love a empty box for these shows SINCE I ALREADY BOUGHT the boots for these shows and need empty boxes for 2015 / 2016 forget the empty boxes i bought a shit load of 2010 boxes to put the 2000, 2003, 2005, 2006, 2011, 2012, and the vaults in just come out with the 2018 boxset so can order it already and listen to the shows i went too and already bought the 2015 boxset and the 2016 boxset ,but only after i bought all the 2016 boots ,now i have two copies of each 2016 boots that i dont need and wasted money ill never see
    Post edited by trees on

PJ Cuyahoga Flalls OH 8/26/1998
    PJ Noblesviile IN 8/18/2000
    PJ Cincinnatti OH 8/20/2000
    PJ Columbus OH 8/21/2000
    PJ Columbus OH 6/24/2003
    PJ Hamilton Ontario 9/13/2005
    PJ Phiadelphia PA 10/3/2005
    PJ Cleveland OH 5/20/2006
    PJ Columbia SC 6/16/2008.....
    e.V Chicago IL 8/21/2008
    e.V Philly PA 6/11/2009
    e.V Bailtimore MD 6/14/2009...
    PJ Chicago IL 8/23/2009
    .PJ...Philly PA 10/27/2009 PJ.Philadephia PA 10/28/2009.
    PJ Columbus OH 5/6/2010
    PJ Cleveland OH 5/9/2010.
    BRAD Columbus OH 10/5/2010
    e.V St.Louis MO 7/1/2011
    .PJ.. East Troy WI 9/3/2011..PJ..East Troy WI 9/4/2011
    Neil Young & Crazy Horse Cleveland OH 10/8/2012
    RNDM Chicago IL11/13/2012
    Alice In Chains/SoundGarden Columbus OH 5/19/2013
    AIC Fort Wayne IN 5/21/2013
    PJ Pittsburgh PA 10/11/2013
    AIC Cincinnati OH 5/17/2014
    AIC Cleveland OH 5/19/2014
    AIC Indianapolis IN 8/19/2014
    PJ Cincinnati OH 10/1/2014
    AIC Cincinnati OH 8/06/2015
    RNDM Chicago IL 3/15/2016
    PJ Columbia SC 4\21\2016
    PJ Lexington KY 4/26/2016
    PJ Chicago IL 8/20/2016
    Soundgarden Columbus OH 5/20/2017 Canceled RIP Chris
    AIC Columbus OH 5/18/2018 
    PJ Chicago IL 8/18/2018 PJ Chicago IL 8/20/2018
    PJ St Louis Missouri 9/18/2022
    AIC Cuyohoga falls Oh. 8/16/2019
    SHAWNSMITH Rip 2019Mark Lanegan Band 5/18/19
  • Robin-PipesRobin-Pipes New London , PA -southern Chester county Posts: 7
    PJNB , & KUTZ, I was not aware of the 10C seating until recently. In fact, since my email address of 18 years changed Jan 11th!!! So I did not even get in on the pre-sale purchase! AARGHH! . However I am interested to know how they do the 10C  area and tickets?  I’d like to also find a large 10C member card to wear around my neck at all shows. I didn’t see member cards anywhere in the site? That way we would at least see that a person squeezing their way through is a 10C also and that we are with other members. Sounds like they have a separation  down the middle of the GA section in front?   Do they automatically put you in the 10C area when you are purchasing pre-sale?  Is that right? Is 10C always on the left in front of Mike? Thanks in advance for any information about it, 14 days to go until Wrigley
  • treestrees Columbus OHIO Posts: 1,798
    There fixed it

PJ Cuyahoga Flalls OH 8/26/1998
    PJ Noblesviile IN 8/18/2000
    PJ Cincinnatti OH 8/20/2000
    PJ Columbus OH 8/21/2000
    PJ Columbus OH 6/24/2003
    PJ Hamilton Ontario 9/13/2005
    PJ Phiadelphia PA 10/3/2005
    PJ Cleveland OH 5/20/2006
    PJ Columbia SC 6/16/2008.....
    e.V Chicago IL 8/21/2008
    e.V Philly PA 6/11/2009
    e.V Bailtimore MD 6/14/2009...
    PJ Chicago IL 8/23/2009
    .PJ...Philly PA 10/27/2009 PJ.Philadephia PA 10/28/2009.
    PJ Columbus OH 5/6/2010
    PJ Cleveland OH 5/9/2010.
    BRAD Columbus OH 10/5/2010
    e.V St.Louis MO 7/1/2011
    .PJ.. East Troy WI 9/3/2011..PJ..East Troy WI 9/4/2011
    Neil Young & Crazy Horse Cleveland OH 10/8/2012
    RNDM Chicago IL11/13/2012
    Alice In Chains/SoundGarden Columbus OH 5/19/2013
    AIC Fort Wayne IN 5/21/2013
    PJ Pittsburgh PA 10/11/2013
    AIC Cincinnati OH 5/17/2014
    AIC Cleveland OH 5/19/2014
    AIC Indianapolis IN 8/19/2014
    PJ Cincinnati OH 10/1/2014
    AIC Cincinnati OH 8/06/2015
    RNDM Chicago IL 3/15/2016
    PJ Columbia SC 4\21\2016
    PJ Lexington KY 4/26/2016
    PJ Chicago IL 8/20/2016
    Soundgarden Columbus OH 5/20/2017 Canceled RIP Chris
    AIC Columbus OH 5/18/2018 
    PJ Chicago IL 8/18/2018 PJ Chicago IL 8/20/2018
    PJ St Louis Missouri 9/18/2022
    AIC Cuyohoga falls Oh. 8/16/2019
    SHAWNSMITH Rip 2019Mark Lanegan Band 5/18/19
  • PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,456
    edited August 2018
    PJNB , & KUTZ, I was not aware of the 10C seating until recently. In fact, since my email address of 18 years changed Jan 11th!!! So I did not even get in on the pre-sale purchase! AARGHH! . However I am interested to know how they do the 10C  area and tickets?  I’d like to also find a large 10C member card to wear around my neck at all shows. I didn’t see member cards anywhere in the site? That way we would at least see that a person squeezing their way through is a 10C also and that we are with other members. Sounds like they have a separation  down the middle of the GA section in front?   Do they automatically put you in the 10C area when you are purchasing pre-sale?  Is that right? Is 10C always on the left in front of Mike? Thanks in advance for any information about it, 14 days to go until Wrigley
    All of GA is 10C. GA is not open to the public sales in the US. And there are no separators in the pits in the US either. Just one big pit.
    Post edited by PJ_Soul on
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • RansomPTDRansomPTD Posts: 294
    I would like to start off by saying THANK YOU for everything you do for the fans. Just an idea for the merch on this tour and maybe the tours going forward. The idea being that having a merch tent only for Ten Club Members would be great. At least then you would know that the merch is going to fans of the band and Ten Club members. I am not naive and know that some of those members would be flippers and some would buy as many and much as they could. I think it would alliviate some of the burden on some of the other merch tents you would have. Like I said, only an idea. Thank you again. 
  • lastexitlondonlastexitlondon Posts: 11,596
    I know  it's getting old but how can a competition  be only available  to some members. How is that right. I mean the band and 10c aren't  short of our money. So why not make available  to all. Seems a bit much really we all pay the same but not able to win? Please explain.
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

this song is meant to be called i got shit,itshould be called i got shit tickets-hartford 06 -
  • HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,808
    I know  it's getting old but how can a competition  be only available  to some members. How is that right. I mean the band and 10c aren't  short of our money. So why not make available  to all. Seems a bit much really we all pay the same but not able to win? Please explain.
    it's probably a nightmare legally, depending on the laws for contests in each region. almost every national contest in canada always said "quebec residents not eligible" becuase of how much it costs sponsors and advertisers since quebec has the strictest contest regulations in country. 
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

• tino_11tino_11 Posts: 1,916
    Thank you for releasing the vaults via the Euro store. This has saved us all over here a lot of cash. Great work 10c!
    2010: London
    2012: Manchester I, Manchester II, Manchester (EV) 
    2014: Milan, Leeds, Milton Keynes 
    2017: London II (EV) 
    2018: Amsterdam I, London I, Prague, London II 
    2019: London (EV)
    2022: London I, London II, Budapest, Krakow, Amsterdam
  • BF89905BF89905 Posts: 1,335
    Thank you to the 10C as I have seen tangible efforts to reconsider and try new practices since mid-2010, when I think the 'Let your Voice Be Heard Survey' was issued to us 10C members shortly after the kerfuffle of trying to get tour tickets that year.

It may be time for a 10C 'Intervention'.

This intervention should be considered for our fellow members and/or Pearl Jam fans who are so consumed with concert merchandise that they demonstrate some of the following symptoms/behaviours:
    a) selfishness:
    my needs and/or those of myself, immediate friends, and/or family come before everyone else's at a rock concert and its merchandise sales stations
    b) greed:
    buying concert merchandise, which likely will be collecting dust by Thanksgiving if not much earlier. 
    c) sliminess:
    This is sometimes linked to the aforementioned greed symptom, as these people resell concert artwork for profit - to heck with the original artistic author. However, I believe it's fair to assume that in many cases, these same slimy people would be the loudest complainers if the creative minds sold their artwork at the prices these resellers do on Lost Dogs and other websites.
    d) lining up for hours, willingly, to buy frivolous concert merchandise:
    Are a couple of the items and artwork attractive, sure, but it's just stuff. 
    To quote Breath: "Ooh. Whoa, much more than this. Woh, see the world." If you chose to line up for a pride-swallowing amount of time then, unfortunately, you're part of this consumerism problem and not the solution. None of us are perfect, but surely we all have better things to do with our time. Trying to save face afterwards by saying, 'I met great people in line and we had a blast' is nonsense. Meeting nice people is great, but shooting the breeze for hours on a merchandise line is never ever a good time - your pride swallowing time spent on line was simply a fraction more tolerable than someone else who chose to stay mute.

Please 10C, consider ways to alleviate the stress and propensity for some of our fellow 10C members / Pearl Jam fans to put their consumerism desires ahead of The Golden Rule.

* Yes, this merchandising craze for the past half decade is generating oodles of money for Pearl Jam Inc.  I do hope that some of these profits are being used to help out the less fortunate - I believe they are and would be shocked if they aren't. Second, now that the merchandising tiger is leisurely outside its cage, what can we do to help our community get back to the music and The Golden Rule?
  • lastexitlondonlastexitlondon Posts: 11,596
    So many have raised this point and so many agree. Nobody is listening  from 10c. Sad.
    There are people  who come on here and act one way and act another. I'm with you on this one.
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

this song is meant to be called i got shit,itshould be called i got shit tickets-hartford 06 -
  • 1ThoughtKnown1ThoughtKnown Posts: 6,155
    Is the GA merch tent inside the stadium was awesome at Safeco.  I hope that continues to Missoula.
  • Annr95Annr95 Posts: 62
    edited August 2018
    i think the bands’ guests, friends and family should be held to the 4.5 inch x 6.5 inch bag for shows rule. I think only then would everyone understand how silly it is. First, it wasn’t announced ahead of time, so even if I owned a ‘clutch’ that small, I didn’t know to pack it. Second, if you carry a cell phone for the electronic tickets, that’s pretty much all that will fit in this size bag. 3. Womens clothing is not made with large cargo pockets like mens, so I can’t fit things in my pockets, so the bag is all I have. Fourth, if the doors open at 4:30 and the show doesn’t start until 8:30 and if I have my period, chances are I’m going to need supplies, maybe more than one bathroom trip worth if I’ve been standing in line outside for any length of time. Fifth, if I want to buy small merch items, I have to haul a huge merch bag rather than putting things in my small purse. I agree with no large bags, but let’s be realistic.
    Post edited by Annr95 on
    edited August 2018
    I agree about that 4.5x6.5" bag size thing. That's just ridiculous. When women can't even bring their wallets in with them, that's a pretty fucking stupid size requirement.
    And that size isn't even a Safeco limitation as far as I can tell. Their requirement during ball games is way bigger.
    I just went to a Jack White show. Bad size limit at the venue is 14x14x6. Thank you Jack White, for allowing me to use my normal sized purse. :neutral:
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • TimoRitzenTimoRitzen Posts: 147
    tino_11 said:
    Thank you for releasing the vaults via the Euro store. This has saved us all over here a lot of cash. Great work 10c!
    Yeah that! Really love it that it’s sold via the EU store as well. Anyone knows untill when we can pre-order?
  • BunkyBunky Posts: 7
    Only thing I’d like to say is some kind of merch limit. I’m totally cool waiting. Actually love the merch line. Meet some awesome people. But after hours and hours of waiting and some things are unavailable. Just kinda sucks. If it means that much to flippers and scammers, let them get in line three or four times and hit a 2 to 3 item limit, that should help the people that are actually there and actually go into the show, get the merchandise they’d like to have.
  • Huck88Huck88 Chicago Posts: 42
    Can we please move to a system wherein if you get 10c tickets, you can also have the option to pre-order one each of the poster, button, sticker, and show specific shirt?  Maybe even do it as a package deal where you just have the option to buy one each of all of it.  I realize this would involve buying all of these things sight unseen, but a lot of other bands do this and, to be honest, the merch thing has become super stressful for a lot of us with the frenzy caused by the secondary market.

Thanks in advance for your consideration.
    Original member #183568... teenagers go through phases where they're stupid and stop sending in checks.

Milwaukee '95, Toledo '96, Chicago '00, Hartford '10, Vancouver '11, Eddie Vegas '12, Wrigley '13, Moline '14, Wrigley '16 N1 & N2, London '18 N1, Wrigley '18 N1 & N2.
  • Robin-PipesRobin-Pipes New London , PA -southern Chester county Posts: 7
    This is the best idea yet! We would buy it all online before we go, and not cause additional people in line! I’d buy it all today so I had nothing to carry Saturday 
    Huck88 said:
    Can we please move to a system wherein if you get 10c tickets, you can also have the option to pre-order one each of the poster, button, sticker, and show specific shirt?  Maybe even do it as a package deal where you just have the option to buy one each of all of it.  I realize this would involve buying all of these things sight unseen, but a lot of other bands do this and, to be honest, the merch thing has become super stressful for a lot of us with the frenzy caused by the secondary market.

@Santos L. Halper would have to have a team hired along side him for this. Honestly, it's the best approach fan-wise, but their current staffing (to my knowledge) wouldn't allow it. 
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

• Huck88Huck88 Chicago Posts: 42
    Huck88 said:

@Santos L. Halper would have to have a team hired along side him for this. Honestly, it's the best approach fan-wise, but their current staffing (to my knowledge) wouldn't allow it. 
    I don't understand how the infrastructure for this would be different from any other poster drop.  I do understand that there may be shipping delays, but I feel like the additional merch revenue this would bring in would more than offset the cost of any additional labor.  You know that if they do this people are going to sign up for it and then still wait in line and buy the max to trade, give to friends, have doubles or, if we are being honest, flip.
    Original member #183568... teenagers go through phases where they're stupid and stop sending in checks.

Milwaukee '95, Toledo '96, Chicago '00, Hartford '10, Vancouver '11, Eddie Vegas '12, Wrigley '13, Moline '14, Wrigley '16 N1 & N2, London '18 N1, Wrigley '18 N1 & N2.
    Huck88 said:
    Huck88 said:

I don't understand how the infrastructure for this would be different from any other poster drop.  I do understand that there may be shipping delays, but I feel like the additional merch revenue this would bring in would more than offset the cost of any additional labor.  You know that if they do this people are going to sign up for it and then still wait in line and buy the max to trade, give to friends, have doubles or, if we are being honest, flip.
    because any other poster drop is just the ones that they have left. not the thousands he'd have to ship all in one shot. and that's just one show. they did poster presales in the past, and there must be a logistical reason they don't do it anymore. my guess is manpower. 
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

• kaseylilykaseylily Michigan, USA Posts: 259
    Huck88 said:

I would totally move to Seattle and work at the 10 club. Sign me up!
  • tamisitatamisita Posts: 15
    “All of GA is 10C. GA is not open to the public sales in the US. And there are no separators in the pits in the US either. Just one big pit”

This isn’t true, or at least it hasn’t been for the St. Paul concert I saw in 2014 or for the Seattle 2 show or Missoula. There is a 10C GA and a regular GA. If you are 10C (says so in your ticket) you get a certain coloured wristband which allows you access to the front section of the pit. I can understand that fans who aren’t in 10C and don’t understand how it all works or even know about it could get really frustrated by all the special treatment 10C members get....but then again I am in 10C so it benefits me so I guess I shouldn’t complain..... ;-)
    edited August 2018
    I was only talking about this tour, so can't speak to St. Paul in 2014, but for the most part, it works the same in the US for just about all shows - a 10C only pit (in a few cases there could be a public standing floor behind it, but for the most part, it's seats on the rest of the floor). I did forget about the whole floor being GA in Missoula (with the 10C pit up front this year, but I don't think GA was open to the public at the Seattle shows, was it?? The seats on the field were, but not the GA pit.... ? I've seen photos of the pit from Seattle and there was just one big pit, and that's how it's been at all the other ballpark shows (besides Fenway I think, which doesn't allow a pit at all?).
  • demetriosdemetrios Canada Posts: 87,054
    Will these be the last 4 Pearl Jam shows of 2018? If so how about ... Broadcasting one of those shows either Wrigley or Fenway dates on SiriusXM? Or yet stream it on Nugs. 

Please? 
  • epieepie Posts: 290
    How about immortalizing the band as "Pop" figures.  Would be so cool to have the band staring at me on my desk everyday. 
    1996 - Columbia, MD & Augusta, ME
    2013 - Worcester, MA (Lightning Bolt Release)
    2016 - Fenway Park I and II
    2017 - HSCM (EV) Boston, MA
    2018 - Seattle I, Fenway Park I and II
    2021 - Ohana Festival (EV/EV/PJ)
    2022 - EV (Beacon Theater II & Newark)
    2023 - Austin, TX I & II
    epie said:
    How about immortalizing the band as "Pop" figures.  Would be so cool to have the band staring at me on my desk everyday. 
    I would love a Jeff McFarlane figure.  
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

Please adopt the Bruce Springsteen GA line method (lottery for spot in line). End the madness. Thanks.