Official Neil Young Thread

1303132333436»

Comments

• jjflashjjflash Posts: 3,229
    Chris1401 said:
    Just saw Neil's Facebook page update. The previously unreleased 1976 album Hitchhiker is now available for pre order. 
    Nice! Pre-order here: http://www.neilyoung.com/hitchhiker/
    Release date is 9/8 :smiley:
  • Spiritual_ChaosSpiritual_Chaos Posts: 5,687
    20 bucks sounds cheap for a new Neil Young album. 

In Sweden his albums are crazy expansive. 
    The man they call my enemy. I've seen his eyes, he looks just like me - A mirror...
  • my2handsmy2hands Posts: 12,635
    Ordered
  • goldrushgoldrush everybody knows this is nowherePosts: 3,534
    Looks like Neil is opening up the Archives for streaming...

http://www.neilyoungarchives.com/

“Do not postpone happiness”
    (Jeff Tweedy, Sydney 2007)

“Put yer good money on the sunrise”
    (Tim Rogers)
    He said he was doing this... I think this is one of the reasons he has taken off a year
  • brianluxbrianlux Moving through All Kinds of Terrain.Posts: 20,264
    I generally am not a fan of pre-ordering Hitchhiker was just too tempting.  I hope it's good!
    We're living on the edge of something big. It's a fantastic time in history to be alive.
    AMT, 1.25.15, 00:36 hrs.
    M.I.T.S.
    70's era solo acoustic Neil album? No brainer!!! Even having already heard versions of most of the album im looking forward to this
    25 dollars in Sweden. Easy preorder.
    The man they call my enemy. I've seen his eyes, he looks just like me - A mirror...
    As much as I'm not a fan of pre-ordering, by the time it shows up I will have forgotten I ordered it and it will be a great surprise.  Failing memory in old age does have it's good points at times! :glasses:
    We're living on the edge of something big. It's a fantastic time in history to be alive.
    M.I.T.S.
    Why are people sleeping on Broken Arrow? It's easy the second best album of NYs ninetees.
    Why are people sleeping on Broken Arrow? It's easy the second best album of NYs ninetees.
    Agreed!  Despite a few cuts I often pass on, Broken Arrow is amazing- one of my favorite Neil Young & Crazy Horse albums. 
    M.I.T.S.
    "Loose Change".  The long mantra-like hammering on basically just  the one chord starting at  5:48 is pure meditation for me.  I get lost in this song every time.  One of my very favorites. Play it on a good stereo, crank it up, close your eyes.  Sweet dreams!

M.I.T.S.
    brianlux said:
    Agreed!  Despite a few cuts I often pass on, Broken Arrow is amazing- one of my favorite Neil Young & Crazy Horse albums. 
    I love the production of it. It's soaked in mood. Reminds me a bit of Riot Act. Love it. 

great-great-great album.
  • goldrushgoldrush everybody knows this is nowherePosts: 3,534
    I love Broken Arrow. In fact, it's playing right now :) It has 2 of my favourite 90's Neil songs (Music Arcade and interstate)

I've been listening to 90's Neil a lot recently. Ragged Glory / Harvest Moon / Unplugged / Sleeps With Angels / Mirror Ball / Dead Man / Broken Arrow is such a fantastic run of records, and that's without including Weld or Freedom (late 89)

Music Arcade: 

Interstate (LP bonus track)

“Do not postpone happiness”
    (Jeff Tweedy, Sydney 2007)

“Put yer good money on the sunrise”
    (Tim Rogers)