***Official U2 Appreciation Thread***

1161718192022»

Comments

• this has to be it. But I do look forward to the next reissue of Achtung.

They should stop 2nd reissues. I get Joshua Tree to a degree, but not 2nd servings of already reissued albums like Achtung. Move on in the catalog!
    www.cluthelee.com
  • normnorm I'm always home. I'm uncool.Posts: 31,026
    I stopped by the actual Joshua Tree last week.

• mcgruff10mcgruff10 New JerseyPosts: 10,873
    I'm really pumped that I just pre ordered the reissue of how to dismantle an atomic bomb. I'd love a reissue of achtung
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
  • helplessdancerhelplessdancer Posts: 3,703
    cool pictures norm
  • JOEJOEJOEJOEJOEJOE Posts: 8,547
    Has anyone who joined the fanclub during the recent ticket on-sales received their fanclub "gift" yet?
    the last gift i got was a 2 record set LIVE from 1980. i got that not long ago. before that was the 4-6 posters in the card board tube. not even sure what the new gift is. i'm usually behind in getting it...so it seems
  • patrickwieczorepatrickwieczore West SeattlePosts: 415
    JOEJOEJOE said:

Has anyone who joined the fanclub during the recent ticket on-sales received their fanclub "gift" yet?

No, and my emails have gone unanswered.
  • MINEisMINEMINEisMINE Posts: 6
    Had the chance to see them back in 2001. To this day it is hands down one of
    The top 5 shows I've ever been too!
    JOEJOEJOE said:

what's the gift u r looking for? just curious
  • CJ260717CJ260717 Posts: 209
    JOEJOEJOE said:

No. I don't think anyone has - even the folks that have been continual long standing members are still waiting.
  • normnorm I'm always home. I'm uncool.Posts: 31,026
    As far as I know I haven't received anything. What are we supposed to get? Last gift I got were the posters.
  • qontheboardqontheboard Posts: 480
    I don't think this years gift has been announced yet. A show from the 1987 Tour would be nice. I suspect this years gift will be a paper product, as last years was vinyl.

• JOEJOEJOEJOEJOEJOE Posts: 8,547

JOEJOEJOE said:

The one due to me as a result of joining....not sure if it is mailed upon joining, or if everyone gets them at the same time.
  • PoncierPoncier Posts: 8,063
    JOEJOEJOE said:

JOEJOEJOE said:

The one due to me as a result of joining....not sure if it is mailed upon joining, or if everyone gets them at the same time.
    Did you select one of the existing available gifts from the past 2 years (set of lithographs or Another Time Another Place vinyl) or the "2017 Gift"?
    if you chose the 2017 gift, it hasn't been announced what it is yet let alone when it'll be sent. (Think Pearl Jam Christmas single timeline.)
    If you chose one of the others, it should have been sent right when you subscribed.
    This weekend we rock Portland
  • PoncierPoncier Posts: 8,063
    norm said:

As far as I know I haven't received anything. What are we supposed to get? Last gift I got were the posters.

Yet to be announced what it is.
    This weekend we rock Portland
  • patrickwieczorepatrickwieczore West SeattlePosts: 415
    Poncier said:

JOEJOEJOE said:

JOEJOEJOE said:

Did you select one of the existing available gifts from the past 2 years (set of lithographs or Another Time Another Place vinyl) or the "2017 Gift"?
    if you chose the 2017 gift, it hasn't been announced what it is yet let alone when it'll be sent. (Think Pearl Jam Christmas single timeline.)
    If you chose one of the others, it should have been sent right when you subscribed.
    Currently it says this in my account.

1 U2com12 Subscription Gift 2017
    1 U2com12 Premium New Membership: 2017 Gift + Double Vinyl
    1 U2com12 Premium New Subscription Package 2017: 2017 Gift + Double Vinyl
    1 U2com10 2014/2015: Another Time, Another Place - Double Vinyl