***Official U2 Appreciation Thread***

Comments

• 2-feign-reluctance2-feign-reluctance TigerTown, USA Posts: 23,090

this has to be it. But I do look forward to the next reissue of Achtung.

They should stop 2nd reissues. I get Joshua Tree to a degree, but not 2nd servings of already reissued albums like Achtung. Move on in the catalog!
    www.cluthelee.com
  • normnorm I'm always home. I'm uncool. Posts: 31,147
    I stopped by the actual Joshua Tree last week.

• mcgruff10mcgruff10 New Jersey Posts: 27,739
    I'm really pumped that I just pre ordered the reissue of how to dismantle an atomic bomb. I'd love a reissue of achtung
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
  • helplessdancerhelplessdancer Posts: 5,262
    cool pictures norm
  • JOEJOEJOEJOEJOEJOE Posts: 10,408
    Has anyone who joined the fanclub during the recent ticket on-sales received their fanclub "gift" yet?
    the last gift i got was a 2 record set LIVE from 1980. i got that not long ago. before that was the 4-6 posters in the card board tube. not even sure what the new gift is. i'm usually behind in getting it...so it seems
  • Patrick_Sea3Patrick_Sea3 West Seattle Posts: 889
    JOEJOEJOE said:

Has anyone who joined the fanclub during the recent ticket on-sales received their fanclub "gift" yet?

No, and my emails have gone unanswered.
  • Had the chance to see them back in 2001. To this day it is hands down one of
    The top 5 shows I've ever been too!
    JOEJOEJOE said:

what's the gift u r looking for? just curious
  • CJ260717CJ260717 Posts: 414
    JOEJOEJOE said:

No. I don't think anyone has - even the folks that have been continual long standing members are still waiting.
  • normnorm I'm always home. I'm uncool. Posts: 31,147
    As far as I know I haven't received anything. What are we supposed to get? Last gift I got were the posters.
  • qontheboardqontheboard Posts: 771
    I don't think this years gift has been announced yet. A show from the 1987 Tour would be nice. I suspect this years gift will be a paper product, as last years was vinyl.

• JOEJOEJOEJOEJOEJOE Posts: 10,408

JOEJOEJOE said:

The one due to me as a result of joining....not sure if it is mailed upon joining, or if everyone gets them at the same time.
  • PoncierPoncier Posts: 16,170
    JOEJOEJOE said:

JOEJOEJOE said:

The one due to me as a result of joining....not sure if it is mailed upon joining, or if everyone gets them at the same time.
    Did you select one of the existing available gifts from the past 2 years (set of lithographs or Another Time Another Place vinyl) or the "2017 Gift"?
    if you chose the 2017 gift, it hasn't been announced what it is yet let alone when it'll be sent. (Think Pearl Jam Christmas single timeline.)
    If you chose one of the others, it should have been sent right when you subscribed.
    This weekend we rock Portland
    norm said:

As far as I know I haven't received anything. What are we supposed to get? Last gift I got were the posters.

Yet to be announced what it is.
  • Patrick_Sea3Patrick_Sea3 West Seattle Posts: 889
    Poncier said:

JOEJOEJOE said:

JOEJOEJOE said:

Did you select one of the existing available gifts from the past 2 years (set of lithographs or Another Time Another Place vinyl) or the "2017 Gift"?
    if you chose the 2017 gift, it hasn't been announced what it is yet let alone when it'll be sent. (Think Pearl Jam Christmas single timeline.)
    If you chose one of the others, it should have been sent right when you subscribed.
    Currently it says this in my account.

1 U2com12 Subscription Gift 2017
    1 U2com12 Premium New Membership: 2017 Gift + Double Vinyl
    1 U2com12 Premium New Subscription Package 2017: 2017 Gift + Double Vinyl
    1 U2com10 2014/2015: Another Time, Another Place - Double Vinyl
    Sweet Jesus - that is a very COOL gift!

One I don't mind waiting for.
  • Tim SimmonsTim Simmons Posts: 6,865
    Kinda cool, but kinda meh, the A sides are gonna be on the box set. So you're basically buying 4 live tracks on vinyl. 

I'll probably buy someones set on ebay for cheap like the 2x10" live set. 

Nope. We bought the membership for something other than a free gift that we didn’t know what it would be.  I’m not buying them.  They are a gift.

And members might not get the box set.  So these are unexpected 45s.  Hard not to be happy.  Yes you can buy them on ebay, but I like how I got mine.

I’m starting to see U2 doing really cool things for their members.  And a lot of vinyl.  There are figuring out what fans want.  But that’s not really news for this band.

edited May 2017
    thanks for the heads up norm
    usually i never have to "redeem".... they just send me their annual gift whenever
    their fan clubs gifts for the last 8+ years have all been great. no complaints and especially having presale access to those less expensive GA tickets for all their shows is what keeps me paying year after year after year. worth every penny. those tickets are golden
  • mcgruff10mcgruff10 New Jersey Posts: 27,739
    I'm so pumped about this year's gift!!!
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
  • mikesbrimikesbri Toronto Posts: 831
    Did you select one of the existing available gifts from the past 2 years (set of lithographs or Another Time Another Place vinyl) or the "2017 Gift"? if you chose the 2017 gift, it hasn't been announced what it is yet let alone when it'll be sent. (Think Pearl Jam Christmas single timeline.) If you chose one of the others, it should have been sent right when you subscribed.
    Currently it says this in my account. 1 U2com12 Subscription Gift 2017 1 U2com12 Premium New Membership: 2017 Gift + Double Vinyl 1 U2com12 Premium New Subscription Package 2017: 2017 Gift + Double Vinyl 1 U2com10 2014/2015: Another Time, Another Place - Double Vinyl
    I am a recent member too and I haven't received my Another Time, Another Place- Double vinyl either.  I sent an email but haven't got a response.  Maybe thinking they will ship it with the 2017 Gift.  
    Barrie 98, Toronto 00, Toronto 03, Buffalo 03, Toronto 05, Hamilton 05, Kitchener 05, Toronto 06 I II, Lolla 07, Vedder Toronto I II, Toronto 09, Philly Oct 30 & 31 2009, Buffalo 2010, Cleveland 2010, Toronto I II 2011, Hamilton 2011, Ottawa 2011, London 2013, Buffalo 2013, Pittsburgh 2013, FLL 2016, Miami 2016, Tor I & II 2016, Barcelona 2018, Toronto 2022, Ottawa 2022, Quebec City 2022, Hamilton 2022
    mikesbri said:
    Did you select one of the existing available gifts from the past 2 years (set of lithographs or Another Time Another Place vinyl) or the "2017 Gift"? if you chose the 2017 gift, it hasn't been announced what it is yet let alone when it'll be sent. (Think Pearl Jam Christmas single timeline.) If you chose one of the others, it should have been sent right when you subscribed.
    Currently it says this in my account. 1 U2com12 Subscription Gift 2017 1 U2com12 Premium New Membership: 2017 Gift + Double Vinyl 1 U2com12 Premium New Subscription Package 2017: 2017 Gift + Double Vinyl 1 U2com10 2014/2015: Another Time, Another Place - Double Vinyl
    I am a recent member too and I haven't received my Another Time, Another Place- Double vinyl either.  I sent an email but haven't got a response.  Maybe thinking they will ship it with the 2017 Gift.  

I think if you are a recent member, you chose whether you wanted the Another Time Another Place, the lithographs or the 2017 gift when you subscribed, you get one of them, not multiple items.
    If you were a member last year you could have chosen 1 of the existing options and upon renewal this year opt for the 2017 gift.
    Basically one gift per annual subscription/renewal.
  • mikesbrimikesbri Toronto Posts: 831
    This was the option which I choose.  Still maybe thinking they will deliver at the same time.

2017 U2.COM SUBSCRIPTION GIFT + DOUBLE VINYL$75
    • 2017 Gift (Details released in New Year)
    • Another Time, Another Place double vinyl
    • Special online content, Ticket presale access during tour period

Barrie 98, Toronto 00, Toronto 03, Buffalo 03, Toronto 05, Hamilton 05, Kitchener 05, Toronto 06 I II, Lolla 07, Vedder Toronto I II, Toronto 09, Philly Oct 30 & 31 2009, Buffalo 2010, Cleveland 2010, Toronto I II 2011, Hamilton 2011, Ottawa 2011, London 2013, Buffalo 2013, Pittsburgh 2013, FLL 2016, Miami 2016, Tor I & II 2016, Barcelona 2018, Toronto 2022, Ottawa 2022, Quebec City 2022, Hamilton 2022
    Oh, you spent extra and got 2 gifts. Most likely they'll deliver both together. Though there's no reason for them to not have shipped the Another Time Another Place right away. Just Live Nation being Live Nation and saving a few bucks.
  • iammine16iammine16 Vancouver, BC Posts: 773
    Anyone else on the floor for the show in Vancouver tonight?
    Vancouver, BC - 2005
    Vancouver, BC - 2009
    Vancouver, BC - 2011
    Vancouver, BC - 2013
    Mountain View, CA - 2014
    Mountain View, CA - 2014
    Quebec City, QC - 2016
    Ottawa, ON - 2016
    Pemberton, BC - 2016
    Seattle, WA 1 - 2018
    Seattle, WA 2 - 2018
  • Anyone else feeling the pain of credit card entry?

Holy f**k.

Ive been told they're delaying the entire show an hour because everybody is standing outside.

I knew this was a cumbersome, bad idea.
    "My brain's a good brain!"
  • chittychitty Posts: 574
    Fuck man I pray you're right. I was at the door an hour and half ago and they said wrong gate. Since when is there specific gates?
    we heard Mumford but don't anymore from outside so I pray you are right on the delay??

• chittychitty Posts: 574
    Nope outside hearing the whole fucking show. 
    Worst concert experience ever. I was here at 6:15 for Mumford at 730. It's 815 and still not in.