Options

Um, Are We About To Be In A Third War?

Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,603
edited March 2011 in A Moving Train
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    CH156378CH156378 Posts: 1,539
    i hope so. that freak needs to get his head blown off.
  • Options
    g under pg under p Surfing The far side of THE Sombrero Galaxy Posts: 18,122
    Our never-ending cycle of WAR continues, is there not some other way this country can avoid a third conflict? Aren't we spread thin enough already militarily?

Peace
    *We CAN bomb the World to pieces, but we CAN'T bomb it into PEACE*...Michael Franti

*MUSIC IS the expression of EMOTION.....and that POLITICS IS merely the DECOY of PERCEPTION*
    .....song_Music & Politics....Michael Franti

*The scientists of today think deeply instead of clearly. One must be sane to think clearly, but one can think deeply and be quite INSANE*....Nikola Tesla(a man who shaped our world of electricity with his futuristic inventions)

• Options
    CH156378 wrote:

What then? Are we responsible for the side we take? And why now, why not in congo? What's next?
  • Options
    SomethingCreativeSomethingCreative Kazoo, MI Posts: 3,349
    there goes the neighborhood
    "Well, I think this band is incapable of sucking."
    -my dad after hearing Not for You for the first time on SNL .
  • Options
    Cliffy6745 wrote:
    CH156378 wrote:

What then? Are we responsible for the side we take? And why now, why not in congo? What's next?

good points. thanks.
  • Options
    i guess this is why the war in vietnam, iraq, ect has hurt the US so much. when military action is needed to do the right thing we'll always be second guessed and people will always question our motives.
  • Options
    keeponrockinkeeponrockin Posts: 7,446
    I don't know why the USA needs to play world-cop.
    Believe me, when I was growin up, I thought the worst thing you could turn out to be was normal, So I say freaks in the most complementary way. Here's a song by a fellow freak - E.V
  • Options
    CH156378 wrote:
    Cliffy6745 wrote:
    CH156378 wrote:

good points. thanks.

And don't get me wrong, the guy is a lunatic and needs to go, I am just having a tough time with this.
  • Options

so we can have pearl jam message boards i guess?
  • Options
    LikeAnOceanLikeAnOcean Posts: 7,718
    You mean the U.N.?

Come on people, Iraq was a mistake, but it would just take minimal effort to get this asshole out of power and hand it back to the people. We don't need troops. The population themselves can do that.
  • Options
    You mean the U.N.?

Come on people, Iraq was a mistake, but it would just take minimal effort to get this asshole out of power and hand it back to the people. We don't need troops. The population themselves can do that.

No troops? Sounds like they are already talking about sending troops to train rebels. Sound familiar?
  • Options
    LikeAnOceanLikeAnOcean Posts: 7,718
    Cliffy6745 wrote:
    You mean the U.N.?

No troops? Sounds like they are already talking about sending troops to train rebels. Sound familiar?
    I don't agree with sending troops, but if we keep them from bombing people with a no fly zone, I'm for it.

If a few missiles cant do the trick, it's not worth it.
  • Options
    I agree 100% with every word in this. What's next?

http://www.cnas.org/blogs/abumuqawama/2011/03/war.html
  • Options
    I don't agree with sending troops, but if we keep them from bombing people with a no fly zone, I'm for it.

If a few missiles cant do the trick, it's not worth it.

I agree that this guy needs to be gone and I also agree if we can help quickly and without spending a lot, it may make sense but I wish our President would explain this, how does it end? When does it end? Like I said, are we responsible for the rebels once this is over? There are a lot of questions.
  • Options
    Newch91Newch91 Posts: 17,560
    Cliffy6745 wrote:
    I agree 100% with every word in this. What's next?

http://www.cnas.org/blogs/abumuqawama/2011/03/war.html
    Is it ironic that while reading this thread and the link you provided, Hendrix's "Machine Gun" came on my iPod while in shuffle?

I don't want any more wars, but this lunatic in Libya wants us to.
    Shows: 6.27.08 Hartford, CT/5.15.10 Hartford, CT/6.18.2011 Hartford, CT (EV Solo)/10.19.13 Brooklyn/10.25.13 Hartford
    "Becoming a Bruce fan is like hitting puberty as a musical fan. It's inevitable." - dcfaithful
  • Options
    BinauralJamBinauralJam Posts: 14,158

Only when it suits our intrests.
  • Options
    kenny olavkenny olav Posts: 3,323
    This might actually be a war I can get behind, because the rebels are being slaughtered by this madman and the savages whose loyalty he has bought. Unlike in Iraq and Afghanistan, the Libyans want us there, from what I've seen.
  • Options
    Newch91Newch91 Posts: 17,560
    kenny olav wrote:
    This might actually be a war I can get behind, because the rebels are being slaughtered by this madman and the savages whose loyalty he has bought. Unlike in Iraq and Afghanistan, the Libyans want us there, from what I've seen.
    The Libyan rebels are happy about the no-fly zone.

http://www.cnn.com/2011/WORLD/africa/03 ... tml?hpt=T1
    Shows: 6.27.08 Hartford, CT/5.15.10 Hartford, CT/6.18.2011 Hartford, CT (EV Solo)/10.19.13 Brooklyn/10.25.13 Hartford
    "Becoming a Bruce fan is like hitting puberty as a musical fan. It's inevitable." - dcfaithful
  • Options
    whygohomewhygohome Posts: 2,305
    This is the best approach the U.S could have taken. This is a UN led implementation of a No-Fly Zone. I do not think, and I hope that I am right, that this will escalate into another Iraq or Afghanistan. Obama did the right thing by taking this to the UN and being a part of a plan instead of rushing into a situation without a solid game plan.
  • Options
    ONCE DEVIDEDONCE DEVIDED Posts: 1,131
    People the middle east are rising up to take out the dictators who rule them
    I say stand behind people who want freedom
    gaddafi needs a 7.62 between the eyes or a rope around his neck
    any other dictator as well
    AUSSIE AUSSIE AUSSIE
  • Options
    unsungunsung I stopped by on March 7 2024. First time in many years, had to update payment info. Hope all is well. Politicians suck. Bye. Posts: 9,487
    We should not be involved.

If people actually want us to stop meddling in foreign affairs they need to vote

RON PAUL 2012
  • Options
    fuckfuck Posts: 4,069
    unsung wrote:
    We should not be involved.

If people actually want us to stop meddling in foreign affairs they need to vote

RON PAUL 2012
    my heart is with the libyan people and i fear they may lose if no one helps... but i can't help but agree with this. how can no one be suspicious of this? i mean why did the U.S. not impose a no-fly zone when the people in gaza were being massacred before the weight of the might israeli army (only "mighty" thanks to our aid)? and where is the U.S. in bahrain, where their allies, the Saudis, have invaded and are massacring its people with the oppressive bahraini government? the U.S. has not uttered a word. i cannot help but be completely suspicious of any foreign intervention by western forces. i guess the egyptians and tunisians should be thankful they did not have any oil.

And Ron Paul is the man.
  • Options
    keeponrockinkeeponrockin Posts: 7,446
    People the middle east are rising up to take out the dictators who rule them
    I say stand behind people who want freedom
    gaddafi needs a 7.62 between the eyes or a rope around his neck
    any other dictator as well
    What about Saudi Arabia?
    Believe me, when I was growin up, I thought the worst thing you could turn out to be was normal, So I say freaks in the most complementary way. Here's a song by a fellow freak - E.V
  • Options
    zarocatzarocat Posts: 1,901
    Cliffy6745 wrote:
    CH156378 wrote:

The answer is obvious.
    1996: Toronto
    1998: Barrie
    2000: Montreal, Toronto, Auburn Hills
    2003: Cleveland, Buffalo, Toronto, Montreal
    2004: Boston X2, Grand Rapids
    2005: Kitchener, London, Hamilton, Montreal, Ottawa, Toronto
    2006: Toronto X2
    2009: Toronto
    2011: PJ20, Montreal, Toronto X2, Hamilton
    2012: Manchester X2, Amsterdam X2, Prague, Berlin X2, Philadelphia, Missoula
    2013: Pittsburg, Buffalo
    2014: Milan, Trieste, Vienna, Berlin, Stockholm, Oslo, Detroit
    2016: Ottawa, Toronto X2
    2018: Padova, Rome, Prague, Krakow, Berlin, Barcelona
    2022: Ottawa, Hamilton, Toronto
    2023: Chicago X2
    2024: Noblesville 
  • Options
    mikepegg44mikepegg44 Posts: 3,353

it is the UN
    that’s right! Can’t we all just get together and focus on our real enemies: monogamous gays and stem cells… - Ned Flanders
    It is terrifying when you are too stupid to know who is dumb
    - Joe Rogan
  • Options
    What about Saudi Arabia?

The U.N. looked for approval from the Arab League, and the Arab League was on board for Libya.
    What about Saudi Arabia ? Well, what about them ? No one is going to interfere with what they do. They own this fuckin' joint.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=87b4a4a2wmY

This seems typical but is it enough for the youth of the population who are looking towards a fruitful future ?
    http://english.aljazeera.net/news/middl ... 14459.html
  • Options
    polaris_xpolaris_x Posts: 13,559
    war ... political unrest ... business is good ...
  • Options
    polaris_x wrote:
    war ... political unrest ... business is good ...

yep!!
  • Options
    dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam NINUNINOPRO Posts: 139,158

"...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Options
    Jason PJason P Posts: 19,123
    I would only support this if the US doesn't have to hang around for the rebuilding. The military has proven they are quite capable of blowing shit up effectively ... it's the re-fixing part that they are not so good at.

I just wonder how long the road will be if the UN approves of an attack. Will they focus on Bahrain next? Yeman? The Congo? Canada? How far does this extend?