The video game thread.

1757677787981»

Comments

• mca47mca47 Posts: 12,379
    bflynn1 said:

Anybody playing Call of Duty WWII yet?

Haven't played a COD in a while.  Is WW2 supposed to be good?
  • mca47mca47 Posts: 12,379
    mca47 said:
    Played a couple hours of SM Odyssey yesterday.  Fun game!
    Not sure if it's a "10", but it's really well done and I'm having a blast!
    Indeed.  I had to take a little break from it this week.  If I wasn't playing it last weekend, I was watching live streams of it being played.  Didn't want to burn myself out too quickly.  I've beat the boss in the Seaside Kingdoml but then went back to the Cap & Cascade Kingdoms to collect all the purple coins.  Working my way back up from there.
    It looks like the main storyline can be beaten rather swiftly, but there is a lot of post-game content for completionists to go back and do.  Should be fun for the next few months.
    Yeah, I can tell I'm missing a lot.  In going through getting moons I've noticed places that I haven't been too.  Gonna have to go back for sure!
  • Jason PJason P Posts: 16,694
    So Battlefront 2 is going to have micro transitions in order to unlock heroes ... or you can play for 40 hours to unlock Vader.

Damn it, EA.
  • RygarRygar Posts: 8,472
    Jason P said:
    So Battlefront 2 is going to have micro transitions in order to unlock heroes ... or you can play for 40 hours to unlock Vader.

Damn it, EA.
    Yeah after BF1 was poorly received (by gamers? ...can't remember) they didn't do themselves any favours with this move.
  • Jason PJason P Posts: 16,694
    Rygar said:
    Jason P said:

Damn it, EA.
    Yeah after BF1 was poorly received (by gamers? ...can't remember) they didn't do themselves any favours with this move.
    I guess EA is lowering the credits it take to unlock after the outcry but it will still take 10 hours to unlock one person or ship.  And it appears the whole game is marred with micro-transitions and progression systems.  I don't have time for that crap.  If this was a free-to-play game so be it, but I don't have the time and I'm not going to pay an additional +$100 for content that should be available right away for a $60 game.