Options

*** -- PROCESSING Your Philadelphia 76ers -- ***

Comments

• Options
    pjhawkspjhawks Posts: 12,203
    only saw a bit last night but could tell Fultz was better than pretty much anyone else out there.  Very smooth movements. that pull up looks really sweet.
  • Options
    tempo_n_groovetempo_n_groove Posts: 39,029
    pjhawks said:
    only saw a bit last night but could tell Fultz was better than pretty much anyone else out there.  Very smooth movements. that pull up looks really sweet.
    He's got talent no doubt.  When he faces stiff NBA competition it will be different.

In a few years if he keeps developing he could be really good.
  • Options
    The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,298
    Not what I wanted to hear this morning. Better just be a low ankle sprain.
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    Jason PJason P Posts: 19,123
    The Curse of the Hinkie 
  • Options
    Sixers lead staff of physical rehab ....

• Options
    I hear he is a free agent ...

• Options
    tempo_n_groovetempo_n_groove Posts: 39,029
    Fultz should be fine.  I don't recall ever hearing about any injuries with him.
  • Options
    cutzcutz Posts: 11,430
    Fultz should be fine.  I don't recall ever hearing about any injuries with him.
    Yeah, he'll be fine. Just a basic turn of the ankle that happens a lot in basketball.

He did miss some games last year at Washington. Think it was a knee?
  • Options
    WobbieWobbie Posts: 29,478
    not really paying attention......but the ticker just told me simmons, embid and fultz are all done for summer league...you fucking guys. jeez.
    If I had known then what I know now...

Vegas 93, Vegas 98, Vegas 00 (10 year show), Vegas 03, Vegas 06
    VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Seattle1 09, Seattle2 09, Salt Lake 09, LA4 09
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • Options
    Wobbie said:
    not really paying attention......but the ticker just told me simmons, embid and fultz are all done for summer league...you fucking guys. jeez.
    Simmons and Embiid weren't playing at all in summer league. they were never planned to this year.  no big deal there.

Fultz turning the ankle is the basketball gods taunting the Sixers again.
  • Options
    JK_LivinJK_Livin South Jersey Posts: 7,364
    Poor TLC, no one gives a shit what happened to him. If it is just a sprain for Fultz, maybe the injuries are getting better for us. Just a sprain instead of a break. Woooo Hoooo
    Alright, alright, alright!
    Tom O.
    "I never had any friends later on like the ones I had when I was twelve. Jesus, does anyone?"
    -The Writer
  • Options
    JK_Livin said:
    Poor TLC, no one gives a shit what happened to him. If it is just a sprain for Fultz, maybe the injuries are getting better for us. Just a sprain instead of a break. Woooo Hoooo
    Huge sigh of relief. TLC should be fine, right?

Let's just fast forward to October now. Can't wait
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    JK_Livin said:

TLC took a shoulder to the chin.  He looked very dazed and I haven't seen anyone even mention his condition.
    Tom O.
    "I never had any friends later on like the ones I had when I was twelve. Jesus, does anyone?"
    -The Writer
  • Options
    JK_Livin said:
    JK_Livin said:

TLC took a shoulder to the chin.  He looked very dazed and I haven't seen anyone even mention his condition.
    Because he's a part time player and didn't suffer an ankle injury. I'm sure he will be fine. 
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    eeriepadaveeeriepadave West Chester, PA Posts: 40,891
    bf959b1f-9b77-457c-baf8-038776f33339_zps8a6a389d.jpg?t=1365722973
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly
    Eddie Vedder- 6/25/11- Philly
  • Options
    I was screaming NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO when he reached his hand out. hahahahaha
    Tom O.
    -The Writer
  • Options
    Jearlpam0925Jearlpam0925 Deep South Philly Posts: 16,787
    Yo, where isn't Embiid?
  • Options

See this? Ringer did one of those way too soon redrafts and have Bolden 13:

https://theringer.com/2017-nba-redraft-summer-league-7a865d2ef9f1

I think he is staying overseas this year but I really think Colangelo stole him in the 2nd round....

chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options

See this? Ringer did one of those way too soon redrafts and have Bolden 13:

https://theringer.com/2017-nba-redraft-summer-league-7a865d2ef9f1

I think he is staying overseas this year but I really think Colangelo stole him in the 2nd round....

I know it was ONLY Summer League, but i agree with you. I think Bolden, can at least, be a good rebounder/defender who will always play hard. The kind of player that good teams need. Though, he could end up better then that. Potential is ther. 
  • Options
    edited July 2017
    Lets HOPE the Lakers get the #1 pick next year if this happens: https://www.cbssports.com/college-basketball/news/marvin-bagley-iii-mulls-reclassifying-playing-in-college-this-year-duke-usc-zona-in-play/

Marvin Bagley III mulls reclassifying, playing in college this year; Duke, USC, Zona in play

Bagley has long been 2018's No. 1 prospect; if he plays this season, it would be huge

Seen this kid play on TV and he's REAL GOOD. I actually think he would've been the #1 pick in this year's draft. Though, Michael Porter JR. can be a stretch 4 and would be a good fit for the 76ers.

NORTH AUGUSTA, S.C. -- Marvin Bagley III, the top-rated prospect in the Class of 2018, is exploring the possibility of reclassifying and enrolling in time to play college basketball this season, a source confirmed to CBS Sports on Friday.

A source insisted no decision has been finalized. But it does appear to be academically possible, the source said.

"You should probably ask CBS Sports; it seems like they know more than I know," Bagley's father, Marvin Bagley Jr., said to FanRagSports.com late Friday when asked if reclassifying s a possibility. "That's my answer -- ask CBS Sports."

Bagley told reporters here at the Nike Peach Jam on Thursday that he plans to officially visit Duke next week -- then Arizona and USC in some order. If the 6-foot-10 forward were able to graduate from high school in time, get cleared academically and play in college this season, he would change the landscape of the sport drastically in the sense that Duke, Arizona and even USC could have a reasonable claim to the preseason No. 1 ranking by adding Bagley. Additionally, Bagley would immediately move to the top of most 2018 NBA mock drafts -- ahead of Michael Porter Jr., DeAndre Ayton and everybody else.

Jerry Meyer of 247 Sports wrote earlier Friday that it's possible Bagley will reclassify while adding that his recruitment "has the feel of a Duke and USC showdown." The Arizona native who attends high school in California drew the biggest crowds at Peach Jam this week while dunking relentlessly, making jumpers and further establishing himself as the world's best high school prospect. He had 30 points and 16 rebounds in a win Friday night but was not made available to the media afterward.

Post edited by cutz on
  • Options
    so this 3-on-3 thing, why would anyone in their right mind pay money to see a bunch of has beens and never was play half court basketball? i really don't get people.
  • Options
    eeriepadaveeeriepadave West Chester, PA Posts: 40,891
    edited July 2017
    should be interesting to see who gets rookie of the year this season.  Guess Ben Simmons would be eligible for that?
    bf959b1f-9b77-457c-baf8-038776f33339_zps8a6a389d.jpg?t=1365722973
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly
    Eddie Vedder- 6/25/11- Philly
  • Options
    should be interesting to see who gets rookie of the year this season.  Guess Ben Simmons would be eligible for that?

Yes sir, he would.

Looks like Bolden is going overseas for the year. That sucks but it makes sense.

chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    If you can get past the stupid stub hub patch....the red outline is pretty awesome. Reminds me of the 80's jerseys

chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    GO STUB HUB!!!

(stub hub spokesman tripping on way to podium to announce deal...)

"Ahhhh, my fuck'n leg!!"
  • Options
    Jason P said:
    GO STUB HUB!!!

(stub hub spokesman tripping on way to podium to announce deal...)

"Ahhhh, my fuck'n leg!!"
    Sadly it's only a matter of time before the entire league has them:

chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    Oh, Oh??

Embiid still recovering from surgery, expects to be ready for camp

https://www.thescore.com/news/1343539

Joel Embiid continues to Trust the Rehab Process.

The Philadelphia 76ers center admitted he still hasn't been cleared to play five-on-five basketball, but is doing non-contact drills and expects to be good to go when training camp rolls around, reports ESPN's Marc J. Spears.

The 23-year-old big man underwent surgery on his left knee to repair a torn meniscus on March 24. Embiid had downplayed the severity of the injury, saying it was "just a small, little" tear that wouldn't sideline him for six months like he originally feared. However, training camp begins in late September -about six months after the operation.

Embiid is currently in Johannesburg for the NBA Africa Game 2017, in which he's listed on the Team Africa roster but won't play. The 7-foot Cameroonian is no stranger to the IR list, as he's been ravaged by injuries throughout his short career. After being drafted third overall in 2014, he missed two full campaigns with as many foot surgeries.

"The Process" made his long-awaited NBA debut in 2016-17, but only managed to suit up in 31 games before being shut down again. He was a force to be reckoned with at both ends of the court when he did play, averaging 20.2 points, 7.8 rebounds, 2.5 blocks, and 2.1 assists in just 25.4 minutes.

He could very well see his court time limited again this season, with head coach Brett Brown calling it "very ambitious" to think Embiid won't be on a minutes restriction when the campaign begins in October.

Hopefully, Embiid finds a way to stay on the court in his sophomore season. His 2K rating, and likely his club's chances of making the playoffs, depends on it.

• Options
    Sixers receive highest offseason grade of any Eastern Conference team from ESPN:

Philadelphia 76ers: B+

After trading up from No. 3 to No. 1 to add Markelle Fultz to their group of potential stars, the Sixers wisely held the line on spending this summer, offering one-year deals in free agency. JJ Redick ($23 million) and Amir Johnson ($11 million) signed on at above-market rates, bolstering Philadelphia's chances at reaching the playoffs while allowing the 76ers to pursue a younger contributor next offseason.

I do wonder whether the Sixers might have changed plans had they known the Pistons would renounce Caldwell-Pope, making him an unrestricted free agent. But Philadelphia can still sign Caldwell-Pope next summer, and Bradley might be a better fit with the Sixers' young core. Philadelphia still has $15 million left to renegotiate and extend the contract of starting small forward Robert Covington and also can extend center Joel Embiid before he becomes a restricted free agent.

chinese-happy.jpg