Options

*** Philadelphia 4 Fanviews Here 10/31/09 ***

Comments

• Options
    HinnHinn Posts: 1,517
    metsfan wrote:
    If you were at this show, you clearly are dumb as bricks and need your memory looked at. I hope to god you weren't at the show last night cause your post is the most dumbest and elitist I've seen. FUCK DA EUROPE CROWDS. Seriously I'm so fucking sick of them.. If you like europe crowds so god damn much than fucking move there and if you do live there than STAY DA FUCK in europe you elitist prick.
    Chip on your shoulder much?
    115 bucks for half a haircut by a novice? I want my money back!
  • Options
    Gary CarterGary Carter Shea Stadium Posts: 13,940
    If its not a war of fans than why the fuck in every single american fanview thread I see or europe or south america is better. Its getting fucking tiresome to be honest with you and ruins the fanview thread. Seriously go fucking stay in europe with your elitist bs bout europe or south america cause its old and fucking as over rated as seeing a concert at msg
    Hinn wrote:
    metsfan wrote:
    If you were at this show, you clearly are dumb as bricks and need your memory looked at. I hope to god you weren't at the show last night cause your post is the most dumbest and elitist I've seen. FUCK DA EUROPE CROWDS. Seriously I'm so fucking sick of them.. If you like europe crowds so god damn much than fucking move there and if you do live there than STAY DA FUCK in europe you elitist prick.
    nah I'm not a elitist douchebag that shits on every fucking american fanview thread with oh europe crowds are better. I'm the last dude to have a chip on my shoulder.
    Ron: I just don't feel like going out tonight
    Sammi: Wanna just break up?

• Options
    dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam NINUNINOPRO Posts: 139,158
    metsfan wrote:
    If its not a war of fans than why the fuck in every single american fanview thread I see or europe or south america is better. Its getting fucking tiresome to be honest with you and ruins the fanview thread. Seriously go fucking stay in europe with your elitist bs bout europe or south america cause its old and fucking as over rated as seeing a concert at msg
    Hinn wrote:
    metsfan wrote:
    nah I'm not a elitist douchebag that shits on every fucking american fanview thread with oh europe crowds are better. I'm the last dude to have a chip on my shoulder.
    i really dont understand why u talk this way...be polite btw is not an issue where u come from..
    Peace
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Options
    metsfan wrote:
    Hinn wrote:
    metsfan wrote:

You need to chill the fuck out.
    Dublin '96, '00, '06, '10
    Lisbon '06 (x2)
    Katowice '07
    London '07 '09 (x2), '10
    MSG NY '08 (x2)
    Manchester '09 '12
    Belfast '10
    PJ20 Alpine '11 (x2)
    Leeds '14
  • Options
    metsfan wrote:
    Hinn wrote:
    metsfan wrote:
    I love the American/Canadian fans I've come to meet over the last 7 shows. They're all great people.

These are simply observations that the crowd energy level is higher in these other places, and lower in others (Australia, as I mentioned before, and Japan, where the quietness is just plain eerie).

I don't hide my preference for a GA setting, and I'd love to see how it works out in North American (haven't had the chance to yet). This preference will never stop me from travelling far and wide to soak in more shows, more different atmospheres. To sit back at home and limit myself to only what I know... can't imagine that's something I'll ever consider after having started on this journey.
  • Options
    over bendsover bends Posts: 1,568
    The problem I think people have with the crowd is that this was one of the greatest shows of all time, and since it wasn't one of the greatest crowds of all time, it somehow means the crowd was by some measure bad, which is definitely not the case.

American fans express ourselves in different ways. Not necessarily in lesser ways... just different ways from S. Americans and Europeans.
    Yield!

3 Decibels Doubles the Volume

• Options
    metsfan wrote:
    Hinn wrote:
    metsfan wrote:
    im with ya... and its not just "europes better"... i walked out of chicago 1 this year only to hear some elitist bitch moaning about how the show she was at a couple nights ago was better... that was my ONE SHOW of the ENTIRE TOUR... SHUT UP! CONSIDER YOURSELF LUCKY YOU HAVE ENOUGH MONEY TO FOLLOW A BAND AROUND THE WORLD

whether its crowd energy or setlist or whatever this band has never put on a bad show and theres no point pissing in someones cheerios

back on topic: WOAH! PHILLY! :mrgreen:

and my question again... anyone notice if they were filming these shows???
    "Senza speme vivemo in disio"

http://seanbriceart.com/
  • Options
    Pepe SilviaPepe Silvia Posts: 3,758
    metsfan wrote:
    shmap wrote:
    A guy in Section 105, Row 4, Seat 3 or 4 was the lucky recipient of the basketball.
    damn didn't think it went far. Cause it came to where I was sitting cause people were looking for it and all. Guess it bounced over to 105

yeah, i could see it roll pretty far from where i was
    don't compete; coexist

what are you but my reflection? who am i to judge or strike you down?

"I will promise you this, that if we have not gotten our troops out by the time I am president, it is the first thing I will do. I will get our troops home. We will bring an end to this war. You can take that to the bank." - Barack Obama

when you told me 'if you can't beat 'em, join 'em'
    i was thinkin 'death before dishonor'
  • Options
    I'll start being "polite" when people stop shitting on american fanviews thread with "europe or south american are better'" bs. Its in every sinlge fucking american fanview thread. Till then I'll be the biggest asshole and not give a shit to be honest with you.

• Options

Don't tell me what I can and can't do. Are you a mod or something. You shouldn't even be posting in this thread. Its for people who were at the concert.

• Options
    metsfan wrote:

Don't tell me what I can and can't do. Are you a mod or something. You shouldn't even be posting in this thread. Its for people who were at the concert.

you realize you just told him what he can and can't do, right?
    don't compete; coexist

"I will promise you this, that if we have not gotten our troops out by the time I am president, it is the first thing I will do. I will get our troops home. We will bring an end to this war. You can take that to the bank." - Barack Obama

• Options
    pjamaholicpjamaholic Posts: 1,225
    How fuckin pathetic of people to stuff around with their blackberries when they pay good money to see the world's greatest live band. I really dont understand people these days. After the show, yeah maybe I'll text someone here and there, but certainly not during. Dont blame Stone for being pissed, I would be too if it was my show. And I too get sick of the threads claiming shows in one country are better than in another. We copped that back in 03 when I had my first few PJ experiences and heaps of people said the US shows were better than the Aussie ones - how the fuck do people know that just because the setlists were being changed around? This oneupmanship should cease. All the shows are good, no matter where you are or what country you see the guys in. I was bloody rapt with those 03 shows I can tell you, the boots were good and I got to hear songs like BREATH that thousands of people still want to hear.

No matter what songs the boys play in Australia I know I'll enjoy those shows, the boys can play whatever they like and it will all sound good to me!!! I say that because I've seen the guys 6 times now and not one of those shows was a dudder. The boys put in 100% for each and every show and if it's not perfect sometimes it's the crowd, sometimes the venue aint what it should be and sometimes Eddie flubs a few lines here and there, so what it's kinda funny anyway - but that doesnt mean the show wasnt a good one. I can tell you I'm so excited about seeing the boys in 2 weeks it's all I can do to sleep a full night around, more often I find myself on the computer at 5 or 6 in the morning, or listening to the boys on my iPod. Cant get enough of them at the moment and I'll be getting my fill in 2 weeks time for sure!!
  • Options
    metsfan wrote:

you do know this a fanview thread for people who were lucky to be at the concert. Soo unless he wasn't at the concert he really shouldn't be posting in here. Sea makes mention of that in every first post of a fanview thread. Its time they really crack down on people from posting who weren't at the concert in fanviews thread.

• Options
    metsfan wrote:
    metsfan wrote:

you do know this a fanview thread for people who were lucky to be at the concert. Soo unless he wasn't at the concert he really shouldn't be posting in here. Sea makes mention of that in every first post of a fanview thread. Its time they really crack down on people from posting who weren't at the concert in fanviews thread.

no, Sea does not say that
    Please share your experiences of the show here...the Fanview threads are preserved on the board.
    Please try to keep the thread for Fanviews....

where does it say only people who attended the show may reply?
    don't compete; coexist

• Options
    edited November 2009
    On the show itself, I haven't had the jaw-dropping feeling since, ok, night 3. Being surrounded by close friends this time made it all the more better. Row 9 was great, obviously, but would've been a lot less fun without those faces around.

Ohhhh, jeez I loves me some aisle seats. HOORAY FOR MOVEMENT SPACE!

Managed to call Sweet Lew when Ed started on about playing really fucked up songs. When Jeff came up in the basketball jersey, that just became plain obvious. To me anyway :)

Why, why, why do people leave early? This I'll never understand. And I get that it's Halloween, but this girl down the other side of the aisle came dressed at a rock gig with shades and a fur scarf and some fancy jacket. Dear, the overcharging vodka bar is THAT way, leave row 9 for the people who'll love it :)

Gotta return to the epicness that was the G2 tailgate. What was it, 50, 60, 70 people in our group, taking out a whole section? We need to get the group back together and get 10c to fill us in to a section as a block! Great fun beforehand, serious emotion after. No need to cry, team! Don't worry! Be Happy! We'll get the band back together (both them and us!) back next year!
    Post edited by Hinn on
  • Options
    over bendsover bends Posts: 1,568
    I just realized... nothing big, but I don't remember Eddie mentioning/thanking Bad Religion, which he always does. They talked about Social D as much as possible the first two nights... maybe I missed it, but I don't remember a nod for Bad Religion. Not a big deal, just an observation.
    Yield!

3 Decibels Doubles the Volume

• Options
    KM43590KM43590 Posts: 298
    Ok, Halloween night at the Spectrum with Pearl Jam was an epic and historical event. I'm proud to have been there all 4 nights, and after reviewing some past LIVE-DVD releases from pearl jam, i do believe that "Bringing down the Spectrum - October 27, 28, 30, 31" is completely worthy of being a DVD-Box set. These shows captured everything Pearl Jam represents. The set lists each night, especially the final show, were amazing! I think it's important for every PJ fan to experience this historical event. The cameras were rolling, so why not reprint it, mass produce it, put all 4 nights in a nice little box and give every Pearl Jam fan the opportunity to experience this epic journey. They played "Bugs" live, for the first time ever, and maybe the last time! I would love to have these 4 shows as part of my Pearl Jam Live-DVD collection, not only as a Live recording, but as a part of history, and i'm proud to have been a part of it. Thank You Pearl Jam!
  • Options
    over bends wrote:
    I just realized... nothing big, but I don't remember Eddie mentioning/thanking Bad Religion, which he always does. They talked about Social D as much as possible the first two nights... maybe I missed it, but I don't remember a nod for Bad Religion. Not a big deal, just an observation.
    ed might have mentioned bad religion at the end. I thought they were ok for that type of venue.

• Options
    It was an absolutely incredible night. I was so moved by it. I can barely formulate the words to describe just how amazing it was! Hearing so many songs I didn't expect to hear (Pilate, Bugs, Rats, etc.) was awesome! I was just so engrossed in the whole experience the entire time. After the show, I thought, "What the hell am I supposed to do with myself now?"
  • Options
    AndySlashAndySlash Posts: 3,206
    edited November 2009
    I was at the show, metsfan. I'm from St. Paul, MN. In the USA. I posted my fanview. I'm so, so sorry you dislike my thoughts on the attitudes of the showgoers during the encore breaks of this show.

:arrow:
    Post edited by AndySlash on
  • Options
    melva02melva02 Posts: 298
    Here are some pictures from the show:

http://www.philly.com/philly/entertainment/homepage/Goodbye_Spectrum.html?cmpid=42907682

#6 is me. :-) I swear I was rocking out to Bad Religion, he just took the picture between songs. I was going for a Janet Livermore vibe with my semi-costume. We were so, so lucky to win the lottery! Second row right in front of Mike. My seniority wouldn't get me anywhere near the stage so this was just an unforgettable night.

I loved the show. Sure there were some technical and musical distractions, but the band went all out to make this a special night and connect with the crowd. I guess it always feels like they connect if you're in the front, but they went to a lot of trouble preparing rare songs and Whip It, and they played really hard for a really long set. Personally, we sat between the set and the encore to rest because we were tired from dancing and knew we'd be going a lot longer, but I was thinking of that more as a set break, not a time that we needed to demand an encore.

Low Light was a highlight for me, and Crown of Thorns which seemed to be dedicated to some of the old Flyers players Eddie mentioned before they played it ("this is as far back as we can go"). My memory of the Kiss story is like this: Eddie said they were going to play Speed of Sound (I think), but was got distracted and pointed out "Gene Simmons" in the audience, then said, no wait it's Mike McCready's mom dressed as Gene Simmons. Mike said, no my mom dresses as Paul Stanley. Then Eddie said, my mom fucked Paul Stanley, and Mike said, that was my mom in the makeup. Eddie (and the crowd) didn't catch what he said so Mike walked over to explain which made Eddie laugh, and he explained to the crowd that Mike was claiming Eddie's mom had slept with Mike's mom in Paul Stanley makeup. Then he said it was ok to talk about their moms like this because the moms are on good terms, and joked that if it didn't really happen, it still might.

Another sweet moment was when Eddie brought up a guy named Charlie who's 89 and has worked at the Spectrum since it opened, saying he wanted him to see what it looked like from the stage.

Rockin in the Free World was a fun closer, but I was glad they did Yellow Ledbetter afterward, it's such a nice song. While Mike was playing the Star Spangled Banner at the end, he added a few lines from Taps. Someone had brought a big board with a basketball net that said "Eddie - tambourine - hit the basket win a prize" and I think he actually got it in there, I saw him around the back side and then saw them holding it up with a tambourine in the net.

Thanks Pearl Jam and Ten Club for a great night!

Melissa
  • Options
    Renee33Renee33 Posts: 128
    oona left wrote:
    RJNadge4 wrote:
    yess!!! OUT OF MY MIND!! and I missed it!? I will never forgive myself for not going to this show

viewtopic.php?f=4&t=108950

Me neither!!

I am stunned by this setlist. I had the gall to believe they would bust out "Bugs," but "Out Of My Mind"?!?!! I cried when I read that.

I'm thrilled for everyone that attended, but I'm also seething with envy right now.

PS I would like to thank the guy who promised a "large sum of money" (is that what Ed said?) in order to secure this event. Thank you, thank you, thank you!!!

Stunned!! exactly...the rest of 10C better get a BOX SET WITH DVD's because this is just not fair.

Thrilled and envy - you said it
    Dancing in irreverence
  • Options
    dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam NINUNINOPRO Posts: 139,158
    metsfan wrote:
    I'll start being "polite" when people stop shitting on american fanviews thread with "europe or south american are better'" bs. Its in every sinlge fucking american fanview thread. Till then I'll be the biggest asshole and not give a shit to be honest with you.
    i didnt post in this thread about european or american crowd..i post only after your cursing way..to be an asshole or u dont give a shit is the way u make the choice of that.and respectfull btw..but only the opinion..couse as a person u loosing that with this attitude,,and really dont find a reason for that..
    next time maybe the mods must put flags in the thread for let us now where we can post and where we cant..
    anyway..i hope u had good time at the shows the ones im jealous i wasnt there..
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Options
    AndySlash wrote:
    I was at the show, metsfan. I'm from St. Paul, MN. In the USA. I posted my fanview. I'm so, so sorry you dislike my thoughts on the show.

:arrow:
    I don't dislike your thoughts at all on the show. What just pisses me and alota people off is all this europe and europe crowds are better than american crowds. I don't see the need for that in every single american fanview thread. Americans act they way we do cause its who we are. If people don't like that, than shut up and go see them in europe. Cool arrow, :roll:

• Options
    josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 28,300
    Great show i just read the set list still amazed that Jeff actually took the mic & about the crowd i def felt the difference between friday's to last night ,i have to give the nod to Friday's crwod as being way more vocal maybe the ball game score did have an effect on the Phillie fans ......
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
  • Options
    A helluva a show to crack my PJ cherry. I'm almost afraid to go see them again, as I don't see anything topping this. Crowd rocked... come on, Folks, it was 4 hours and some of us are old and need to grab a rest, but THE Spectrum was rocking. Give a Crackah a break. Don't know if it's been mentioned yet, as I haven't read the entire thread, but the banter overall was great, especially the part that started with "Gene Simmons". Anyway, here's some pretty good video of Alive... if nothing else go to 3:40 for the solo right in front of me.
    Last Philly Spectrum Show - Halloween 2009
    MSG 1 & 2 2010
    Montreal 2011
    Missoula 2012
    Seattle 2013
    Denver 2014
    Central Park NYC 2015
    Sunrise 2016
    Wrigley 2 2016
    Seattle 1 2018
    ~~~~~~~
    EV NYC 2 2011
    RNDM NYC 2012
    TOTD SF 2016

Highlights Of Last Spectrum Show
    Mike DESTROYING in Seattle 2013

"When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro" - HST

Instagram (great concert shots of many bands):  concertaholic
  • Options
    URthekeyURthekey Posts: 1,625
    URthekey wrote:
    I really had such a great week in Philadelphia, despite the rain and lack of sleep.
    Last nights show was so much fun - great songs, great energy from the band.
    I think I'm going to have serious withdrawl after these shows.

P.S. I Had so much fun dressing up as "The Fixer", got to talk to (and freak out) a lot of cool people. If anyone who took a picture can share I'd be grateful since I spaced out and left my camera at home.

Thanks PJ, Thanks 10C, Thanks Bad Religion and Social D. A truely unforgettable run of shows.

http://forums.pearljam.com/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=116775

that you? nice!

Thanks J in a tree - Yup thats me!
    (Lookin pretty creepy in that picture :) )
  • Options
    URthekey wrote:
    URthekey wrote:
    I really had such a great week in Philadelphia, despite the rain and lack of sleep.
    Last nights show was so much fun - great songs, great energy from the band.
    I think I'm going to have serious withdrawl after these shows.

P.S. I Had so much fun dressing up as "The Fixer", got to talk to (and freak out) a lot of cool people. If anyone who took a picture can share I'd be grateful since I spaced out and left my camera at home.

Thanks PJ, Thanks 10C, Thanks Bad Religion and Social D. A truely unforgettable run of shows.

http://forums.pearljam.com/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=116775

that you? nice!

Thanks J in a tree - Yup thats me!
    (Lookin pretty creepy in that picture :) )

SO COOL! great work!

not a bad merch idea for PJ either... id buy that t-shirt
    "Senza speme vivemo in disio"

http://seanbriceart.com/
  • Options
    Just simply Amazing, Thank you, Thank you, Thank you for a wonderful Show from the Greatest Band
  • Options
    Back_PedalBack_Pedal Posts: 1,171
    They played fucking BUGS?! Wow.
    Thanks EPOTTSIII!
    "Vinyl or not, you will need to pay someone to take RA of your hands" - Smile05
    424, xxx