Options

what's on your mind, right now?

Comments

• Options
    hedonisthedonist standing on the edge of forever Posts: 24,524
    I am so not a Chris Martin fan...but how the hell does a thread about Ed's participation in GCF get shut down?

Fuck me sideways. Not everything has to be debated and delivered / met with animosity. Thought it was a positive in its intent.

It's really not too much - once in a while - to shut the fuck up and just dig on what you've got, where you are.

Or is it?

• Options
    jnimhaoileoinjnimhaoileoin Baile Átha Cliath Posts: 2,682
    SD48277 said:

Metallica in Copenhagen, hoping to get a ticket in the morning!

Good luck, Jenny!
    Thanks! Got my ticket and flights and accommodation all booked :smile:
  • Options
    SD48277SD48277 Woodstock, NY Posts: 12,242

SD48277 said:

Metallica in Copenhagen, hoping to get a ticket in the morning!

Good luck, Jenny!
    Thanks! Got my ticket and flights and accommodation all booked :smile:
    Excellent!!! You will have a great time.
    ELITIST FUK
  • Options
    HobbesHobbes Pacific Northwest Posts: 6,383
    hedonist said:

I am so not a Chris Martin fan...but how the hell does a thread about Ed's participation in GCF get shut down?

Fuck me sideways. Not everything has to be debated and delivered / met with animosity. Thought it was a positive in its intent.

It's really not too much - once in a while - to shut the fuck up and just dig on what you've got, where you are.

Or is it?

After the thread with Ed's letter calling for peace was closed some time back, nothing shocks me. It's unfortunate.
  • Options
    PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,544
    edited September 2016
    hedonist said:

Or is it?

Well it got shut down because someone started attacking me personally for no good reason. When someone does that, I defend myself, I don't shut the fuck up, and I don't think I should be criticized for that. That's it. I figure when someone starts saying shit like people shouldn't voice their opinions because they simply don't match their own, and then saying lies about them, the thread is likely doomed.
    Post edited by PJ_Soul on
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    JWPearlJWPearl Posts: 19,893
    excited going to spend time with my daughter and her boyfriend today..
  • Options
    Ms. HaikuMs. Haiku Washington DC Posts: 7,250
    Phone interview tomorrow. First one in over a month. I'm very excited.
    There is no such thing as leftover pizza. There is now pizza and later pizza. - anonymous
    The risk I took was calculated, but man, am I bad at math - The Mincing Mockingbird
  • Options
    jnimhaoileoinjnimhaoileoin Baile Átha Cliath Posts: 2,682
    Ms. Haiku said:

Phone interview tomorrow. First one in over a month. I'm very excited.

Good luck!
  • Options
    RogueStonerRogueStoner Sunny AZ Posts: 1,716
    I wish that some people would just grow the F up. How some people treat their "friends" makes my brain hurt.
  • Options
    Sorry, RS. Sometimes it's a sign to let those so-called friends go...or at least take a step back for the time being.

Here, just ruminating on it all. How ugliness and grace co-exist, exquisitely and inexplicably.

That is just life, I suppose?
  • Options
    RogueStonerRogueStoner Sunny AZ Posts: 1,716
    Yes Hedo. It was over one of my friends and how her friends are treating her which is why I got so mad. I wouldn't care as much about myself but she deserves better.
  • Options
    whispering handswhispering hands Under your skin Posts: 13,527
    edited October 2016
    Goodness, it takes forever to delete a FB account! I requested it be deleted over a week ago, and I checked the status.. It says scheduled for deletion on Oct. 15. Maybe they're giving
    Me time to save stuff off there???

( cannot believe I just typed their, when I meant they're. I hate that!! And I did it!! )
    Post edited by whispering hands on
  • Options

Goodness, it takes forever to delete a FB account! I requested it be deleted over a week ago, and I checked the status.. It says scheduled for deletion on Oct. 15. Maybe they're giving
    Me time to save stuff off there???

i always do that hate aprostrophes
    ( cannot believe I just typed their, when I meant they're. I hate that!! And I did it!! )

• Options
    Must always keep in mind we are family despite where life takes us we have to remember that we will always be in each others lives so always keep the peace and hope for the best but im not mean unless im hurt and i wont hurt you otherwise and i trust you are alike given the grand'' music interest ;) be well and thank you for all your responses.. i want to live, learn , love and make everyone around me happy..
  • Options
    northerndragonnortherndragon somewhere, nowhere, anywhere Posts: 9,735
    It is better to find out how false "friends" are sooner rather than later. Time to let it all go.
    Anything you lose from being honest
    You never really had to begin with.

Sometimes it's not the song that makes you emotional it's the people and things that come to your mind when you hear it.
  • Options

It is better to find out how false "friends" are sooner rather than later. Time to let it all go.

:disappointed:
  • Options

:disappointed:
    Somehow that little guy just looks irritated versus sad/disappointed.
    :hug:
    Wish I could do something to help.
  • Options
    njnancynjnancy Northern New Jersey Posts: 5,096
    Finally told my son not to contact me anymore, and by text since he doesn't answer my calls - hurts like hell and he's oblivious to some of the damage that's been inflected, but I can't deal with the inconsistency and disrespect - I'm tired and sad and lost. I don't know where to go from here. And the worst part is a large part of me wants him to get the message and just be the son he was. But he's 19 and he won't get it for a long time. I'm so sad. Been sad for years - need to put me first but don't know how.
  • Options
    northerndragonnortherndragon somewhere, nowhere, anywhere Posts: 9,735
    njnancy said:

Finally told my son not to contact me anymore, and by text since he doesn't answer my calls - hurts like hell and he's oblivious to some of the damage that's been inflected, but I can't deal with the inconsistency and disrespect - I'm tired and sad and lost. I don't know where to go from here. And the worst part is a large part of me wants him to get the message and just be the son he was. But he's 19 and he won't get it for a long time. I'm so sad. Been sad for years - need to put me first but don't know how.

:hug: it is hard to back away from someone you love like that but you are right to do it until that person can treat you properly. You will figure out the path to putting yourself first one step at a time. You will try things and they will work or they won't, just keep moving forward with the things that work. It's an ever changing evolution. I wish you the best of luck! :)
    Anything you lose from being honest
    You never really had to begin with.

Sometimes it's not the song that makes you emotional it's the people and things that come to your mind when you hear it.
  • Options

njnancy said:

:hug: it is hard to back away from someone you love like that but you are right to do it until that person can treat you properly. You will figure out the path to putting yourself first one step at a time. You will try things and they will work or they won't, just keep moving forward with the things that work. It's an ever changing evolution. I wish you the best of luck! :)
    Thank you. I wish it wasn't this way, but it is. I have to learn to take care of me with as much energy as I did as a mother.
  • Options
    FifthelementFifthelement Lotusland Posts: 6,920
    njnancy said:

njnancy said:

Thank you. I wish it wasn't this way, but it is. I have to learn to take care of me with as much energy as I did as a mother.
    Beautiful thoughts ND. Sending healing vibes your way NJN.

"What the CANUCK happened?!? - Esquimalt Barber Shop
  • Options

njnancy said:

njnancy said:

Beautiful thoughts ND. Sending healing vibes your way NJN.

Thanks FE. And they were beautiful thoughts, ND.
  • Options
    Thats the whole point, to eat our favorite things under a good roof with love and good health.. as we understand it..
    this is what we observed from a young age.. right..well bless you..
  • Options
    DesirePJDesirePJ Denmark Posts: 94
    Wondering why its so expensive to send something from USA to Denmark, and on top of that have to pay costoms in denmark , a poster cost $35 in PJ store, by the time it comes to denmark i end up paying $70 for it... its just stupid.
    Roskilde 1992
    Roskilde 2000
  • Options
    PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,544
    edited October 2016
    njnancy said:

I'm really sorry to hear that Nancy, I imagine that's really painful for you as a parent. Hopefully time will mend things a bit. He is so young still - there is still so much time for him to grow and change and make some realizations about himself and his relationship with you. Meanwhile, great idea to focus on yourself and try to find how to be happy separate from him (for now), and perhaps he can take that time to focus on himself too.
    Post edited by PJ_Soul on
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    PJ_Soul said:

njnancy said:

I'm really sorry to hear that Nancy, I imagine that's really painful for you as a parent. Hopefully time will mend things a bit. He is so young still - there is still so much time for him to grow and change and make some realizations about himself and his relationship with you. Meanwhile, great idea to focus on yourself and try to find how to be happy separate from him (for now), and perhaps he can take that time to focus on himself too.
    Yes it is, and he sent me several texts this morning while at class. All the right words and I'm sure he means them, but again no follow through. I didn't respond, that's a small victory. I hate this though. Thanks PJ.
  • Options
    Good thoughts to you, Nancy. No one can say your son has a mother who doesn't care. Be well.
  • Options
    dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam NINUNINOPRO Posts: 139,158
    next friday
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Options
    g under pg under p Surfing The far side of THE Sombrero Galaxy Posts: 18,122
    Hurricane Matthew heading our way in Palm Beach and worst I'm 2 miles from the ocean. Yikes, time for me to get some extra food water and batteries.

Peace
    *We CAN bomb the World to pieces, but we CAN'T bomb it into PEACE*...Michael Franti

*MUSIC IS the expression of EMOTION.....and that POLITICS IS merely the DECOY of PERCEPTION*
    .....song_Music & Politics....Michael Franti

*The scientists of today think deeply instead of clearly. One must be sane to think clearly, but one can think deeply and be quite INSANE*....Nikola Tesla(a man who shaped our world of electricity with his futuristic inventions)

• Options
    SD48277SD48277 Woodstock, NY Posts: 12,242
    g under p said:

Hurricane Matthew heading our way in Palm Beach and worst I'm 2 miles from the ocean. Yikes, time for me to get some extra food water and batteries.

Peace

Be safe.
    ELITIST FUK