Options

what's on your mind, right now?

Comments

• Options
    SmallestOceansSmallestOceans Posts: 13,542
    edited September 2016
    You are the only person that knows who you are, your own path, your own mind. Some kind of force draws people to certain places at certain times. You wonder who sees life from a similar perspective that you do, if they see the magic in the totality of it all. You've gotten this far in the journey somehow. What defines you? Endless possibilities out there. You come back to the same place every five years and see it differently each time. The only constant is change.
    Post edited by SmallestOceans on
    Worcester1 13, Worcester2 13, Hartford 13, San Diego 13, Los Angeles1 13, Los Angeles2 13
    Trieste 14, Vienna 14, Gdynia 14, Leeds 14, Milton Keynes 14, Denver 14
    Central Park 15
    Fort Lauderdale 16, Miami 16, Tampa 16, Jacksonville 16, Greenville 16, Hampton 16, Columbia 16, Lexington 16, Philly1 16, Philly2 16, NYC1 16, NYC2 16, Quebec City 16, Ottawa 16, Toronto1 16, Toronto2 16, Fenway1 16, Fenway2 16, Wrigley1 16, Wrigley2 16

• Options
    hedonisthedonist standing on the edge of forever Posts: 24,524
    RS :hug:

SmallestOceans, that was lovely.
  • Options
    JWPearlJWPearl Posts: 19,893
    im brave but im chicken shit.. lol nom nom nom so many things you would not get or understand through my doors whole new story when you miss...
  • Options
    JogillJogill Posts: 4,549
    Reasons....
    late PJ bloomer- what was I doing in the 90's that I didn't know who Pearl Jam was???
  • Options
    2 caught only dont worry other 8 not :smiley:...
  • Options
    JWPearl said:

2 caught only dont worry other 8 not :smiley:...

sorry 11 i forgot the guys lol
  • Options
    SD48277SD48277 Woodstock, NY Posts: 12,242
    The level of denial some people have and continue to cling to. A friend of a friend has been catfished. She "met" the guy online. Supposedly they lived in the same area. Supposedly he was in international finance, and would have to go on a business trip any time they were suppose to meet. This went on for YEARS. Despite friends and family telling her she was being catfished, she was "committed to the relationship." Relationships with family and friends became strained. She disregarded decades-long friendships in favor of this "man." She sent money (why? I don't know) over the course of time, and as of this week, has no money and no relationship. Up until this very week, she was still convinced that this was "the one," and yet had never met the guy in person. Denial. All the red flags were there, and she willingly ignored them. Her self-esteem was such that she wanted to believe it was true, despite all indications that it was not. I'm sorry this happened to her. It is a hard lesson to learn--financially and emotionally. People tell and show you who they really are. It's best to pay attention.
    ELITIST FUK
  • Options
    SD48277 said:

The level of denial some people have and continue to cling to. A friend of a friend has been catfished. She "met" the guy online. Supposedly they lived in the same area. Supposedly he was in international finance, and would have to go on a business trip any time they were suppose to meet. This went on for YEARS. Despite friends and family telling her she was being catfished, she was "committed to the relationship." Relationships with family and friends became strained. She disregarded decades-long friendships in favor of this "man." She sent money (why? I don't know) over the course of time, and as of this week, has no money and no relationship. Up until this very week, she was still convinced that this was "the one," and yet had never met the guy in person. Denial. All the red flags were there, and she willingly ignored them. Her self-esteem was such that she wanted to believe it was true, despite all indications that it was not. I'm sorry this happened to her. It is a hard lesson to learn--financially and emotionally. People tell and show you who they really are. It's best to pay attention.

thats so sad, im glad i only trust close family and no-one else until proven so, i hope she recovers..

my mum has 3 brothers and 6 sisters 6 are right 3 are left
    thats 6 with 1 boy and 1 girl like me
    and thats 9 sibiling wich have children abroad bc of good reasons
    then theres my dads family and well thats not too had to work out..
    2 sisters and a deceased brother.
  • Options
    mums dad had 3 brother and 3 sisters all with many children...
    my mums mum had 4 brothers and 4 sisters all with many children...
    this i call distant but close.. family all abroad all special...perhaps some popular...
    not including the many in my immediate family which some (8) are popular...
    we are everywhere...
  • Options
    SD, that is awful - both the catfisher's behavior and the blindness some encounter toward them. I do understand that sense of believing someone is THE one - I have been there and am fortunate my gut steered me right and I found the best man/person (manperson? =) ) but that seems to be more the exception than the rule. Good wishes to her, and a lesson learned. And hopefully a heart not too closed off after this.

JWP, stop giving me double-vision!
  • Options
    Love that my guy just pulled a Costanza with a Snickers bar.

And watching a doc on lions. They are some badass motherfuckers.

Narration by Jeremy Irons not even needed!
  • Options
    jnimhaoileoinjnimhaoileoin Baile Átha Cliath Posts: 2,682
    Went to see Anthropoid last night, really an excellent film. I highly recommend everyone go see it
  • Options

Went to see Anthropoid last night, really an excellent film. I highly recommend everyone go see it

What's it about?
    Worcester1 13, Worcester2 13, Hartford 13, San Diego 13, Los Angeles1 13, Los Angeles2 13
    Trieste 14, Vienna 14, Gdynia 14, Leeds 14, Milton Keynes 14, Denver 14
    Central Park 15
    Fort Lauderdale 16, Miami 16, Tampa 16, Jacksonville 16, Greenville 16, Hampton 16, Columbia 16, Lexington 16, Philly1 16, Philly2 16, NYC1 16, NYC2 16, Quebec City 16, Ottawa 16, Toronto1 16, Toronto2 16, Fenway1 16, Fenway2 16, Wrigley1 16, Wrigley2 16

• Options

What's it about?
    Set in Prague during WWII, based on the true events around the assassination of Heydrich. Unsurprisingly, it's quite harrowing but it's one of those films that just needs to be seen, to remember the deeds and the sacrifice of those on whom it is based
  • Options
    oftenreadingoftenreading Victoria, BC Posts: 12,839

What's it about?
    Set in Prague during WWII, based on the true events around the assassination of Heydrich. Unsurprisingly, it's quite harrowing but it's one of those films that just needs to be seen, to remember the deeds and the sacrifice of those on whom it is based
    Can't say I know anything much about that, but Prague is stunningly beautiful and a great city to visit.
    my small self... like a book amongst the many on a shelf
  • Options

What's it about?
    Can't say I know anything much about that, but Prague is stunningly beautiful and a great city to visit.
    So I've heard, at least beauty eventually emerged from hell
  • Options
    23scidoo23scidoo Thessaloniki,Greece Posts: 18,547
    ''Anything to get his heart off of''..
    Athens 2006. Dusseldorf 2007. Berlin 2009. Venice 2010. Amsterdam 1 2012. Amsterdam 1+2 2014. Buenos Aires 2015.
    Prague Krakow Berlin 2018. Berlin 2022
    EV, Taormina 1+2 2017.

I wish i was the souvenir you kept your house key on..
  • Options
    northerndragonnortherndragon somewhere, nowhere, anywhere Posts: 9,800
    Three days to go...
    Anything you lose from being honest
    You never really had to begin with.

Sometimes it's not the song that makes you emotional it's the people and things that come to your mind when you hear it.
  • Options
    whispering handswhispering hands Under your skin Posts: 13,527
    I still have so much to catch up on... But I don't want to do anything'p
  • Options
    hedonist said:

SD, that is awful - both the catfisher's behavior and the blindness some encounter toward them. I do understand that sense of believing someone is THE one - I have been there and am fortunate my gut steered me right and I found the best man/person (manperson? =) ) but that seems to be more the exception than the rule. Good wishes to her, and a lesson learned. And hopefully a heart not too closed off after this.

Update on the catfish: my friend has found out that her friend gave the guy all the money from her 401K AND took out a loan to give him money (again, why I don't know). I still can't fathom giving someone you never met in person all your money. He might as well have began his message "Hi, I'm a Nigerian prince, and I need your help..."
    ELITIST FUK
  • Options
    dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam NINUNINOPRO Posts: 139,214
    do or not
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Options
    SD48277 said:

hedonist said:

Update on the catfish: my friend has found out that her friend gave the guy all the money from her 401K AND took out a loan to give him money (again, why I don't know). I still can't fathom giving someone you never met in person all your money. He might as well have began his message "Hi, I'm a Nigerian prince, and I need your help..."
    This breaks my heart. Mostly because I CAN understand that sort of desperation. Loneliness can be caustic.
  • Options
    dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam NINUNINOPRO Posts: 139,214
    how hot is still Susanna Hoffs
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Options
    23scidoo23scidoo Thessaloniki,Greece Posts: 18,547
    I must stop torture my self..
    Athens 2006. Dusseldorf 2007. Berlin 2009. Venice 2010. Amsterdam 1 2012. Amsterdam 1+2 2014. Buenos Aires 2015.
    Prague Krakow Berlin 2018. Berlin 2022
    EV, Taormina 1+2 2017.

I wish i was the souvenir you kept your house key on..
  • Options
    northerndragonnortherndragon somewhere, nowhere, anywhere Posts: 9,800
    edited September 2016
    New opportunities.
    Post edited by northerndragon on
    Anything you lose from being honest
    You never really had to begin with.

Sometimes it's not the song that makes you emotional it's the people and things that come to your mind when you hear it.
  • Options
    Way too much to explain righ now.
  • Options
    Metallica in Copenhagen, hoping to get a ticket in the morning!
  • Options

Metallica in Copenhagen, hoping to get a ticket in the morning!

Good luck, Jenny!
    ELITIST FUK
  • Options

:hug:
    ELITIST FUK
  • Options
    SD48277 said:

:hug: