Options

what's on your mind, right now?

Comments

• Options
    hedonisthedonist standing on the edge of forever Posts: 24,524
    SD48277 said:

g under p said:

Hurricane Matthew heading our way in Palm Beach and worst I'm 2 miles from the ocean. Yikes, time for me to get some extra food water and batteries.

Peace

Be safe.
    x2.
  • Options
    njnancynjnancy Northern New Jersey Posts: 5,096
    hedonist said:

SD48277 said:

g under p said:

Hurricane Matthew heading our way in Palm Beach and worst I'm 2 miles from the ocean. Yikes, time for me to get some extra food water and batteries.

Peace

Be safe.
    x2.
    Aren't you under evacuation? Please be safex3
  • Options
    AnnafalkAnnafalk Sweden Posts: 4,004
    g under p said:

Peace

Do what you can do for maximum safety.
  • Options
    jnimhaoileoinjnimhaoileoin Baile Átha Cliath Posts: 2,682
    What sentences are given for vehicular manslaughter in your country?

I have often been disgusted by the ridiculously lenient sentences given for this crime. How is killing someone when driving drunk or recklessly any different to killing them in any other non premeditated way? Is the person any less dead or are their loved ones lives any less destroyed?
  • Options
    JWPearlJWPearl Posts: 19,893
    edited October 2016
    Lamedh; psalms 34;11...
  • Options
    if there is no intent...accidents do happen with too much alcohol or twinkie treats..blood sugar unaccounted for etc..punishment is relative to each...their own private hell or idaho...dont want to diminish the pain or suffering of those left behind have to cope with... forgiveness is the role that bends the rule...tough row ro hoe no matter the farm...so sorry for the loss...
  • Options
    dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam NINUNINOPRO Posts: 139,169
    the north east
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Options
    that new update at adroid sucks
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Options
    Trying to talk myself into forking out for a really nice gym. It's very expensive but having had a free trial, now I don't think anywhere else would satisfy me!
  • Options
    deadendpdeadendp Northeast Ohio Posts: 10,434

Trying to talk myself into forking out for a really nice gym. It's very expensive but having had a free trial, now I don't think anywhere else would satisfy me!

Then go for it!
    2014: Cincinnati
    2016: Lexington and Wrigley 1
  • Options
    PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,630
    deadendp said:

Then go for it!
    Yeah! Although try to get the shortest contract possible. You never know when a gym might go straight downhill for various reasons (I've seen it happen), so you might not want to be locked in for any longer than is necessary no matter how good the gym is.
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    PJ_Soul said:

deadendp said:

Then go for it!
    Yeah! Although try to get the shortest contract possible. You never know when a gym might go straight downhill for various reasons (I've seen it happen), so you might not want to be locked in for any longer than is necessary no matter how good the gym is.
    Oh believe me, this is pretty much the most respected gym in the country, so it's pretty safe! I decided to go for it after talking them into giving me an extra couple of months free :smile:
  • Options
    JogillJogill Posts: 4,549
    The idiotic people at the company I'm building my house with that are too dumb to see where they've made an error in their calculations and overcharged me (or too dishonest if they are ripping me off)
    late PJ bloomer- what was I doing in the 90's that I didn't know who Pearl Jam was???
  • Options
    23scidoo23scidoo Thessaloniki,Greece Posts: 18,538
    Love it when i'm not working on Sunday..
    Athens 2006. Dusseldorf 2007. Berlin 2009. Venice 2010. Amsterdam 1 2012. Amsterdam 1+2 2014. Buenos Aires 2015.
    Prague Krakow Berlin 2018. Berlin 2022
    EV, Taormina 1+2 2017.

I wish i was the souvenir you kept your house key on..
  • Options
    todays study really put some real clarity and commitment in my life that im really ready for the long road, i even kept the study issue to take with me where ever i move to..
  • Options
    SD48277SD48277 Woodstock, NY Posts: 12,242
    bacon :flushed:
    ELITIST FUK
  • Options
    Dreams that are full of crap and waste my valuable sleeping time..
    Who cares if the bitch looks good just go tell somebody who cares and stop wasting my valuable sleeping time
    I mean really grow up and grow a brain...
  • Options
    JWPearl said:

Who cares if the bitch looks good just go tell somebody who cares and stop wasting my valuable sleeping time

You do realize dreams are just that - ie, nothing to blame on others. Nothing to blame on anyone, period.

It's just what we - our brains and bodies - do. Who or what is supposed to grow up?

In fact, I'd say that much as they may not make sense, our dreams are a part of us, how we process or simply let go of shit.
  • Options
    JogillJogill Posts: 4,549
    hedonist said:

JWPearl said:

You do realize dreams are just that - ie, nothing to blame on others. Nothing to blame on anyone, period.

It's just what we - our brains and bodies - do. Who or what is supposed to grow up?

In fact, I'd say that much as they may not make sense, our dreams are a part of us, how we process or simply let go of shit.
    Well my dreams were intrrrupted this morning by a phone ringing! And I didn't want to wake up because my nephew that I was very close to who died two years ago was there in the dream with me and he was singing. It was so nice!! I wish the phone hadn't rang!
    late PJ bloomer- what was I doing in the 90's that I didn't know who Pearl Jam was???
  • Options
    Jogill said:

hedonist said:

JWPearl said:

Well my dreams were intrrrupted this morning by a phone ringing! And I didn't want to wake up because my nephew that I was very close to who died two years ago was there in the dream with me and he was singing. It was so nice!! I wish the phone hadn't rang!
    Yup, I've had dreams like that of my dad, and aunts. They're so sweet and comforting, but there's always something to jar us out of that reverie, whether external or not. I've come to simply appreciate them as they come, even if cut short.

This morning, two cats swatting and meowrrrlng at each other ON THE PILLOW RIGHT ABOVE ME greeted me ever-so-gently out of a nice dream :angry:
  • Options
    brianluxbrianlux Moving through All Kinds of Terrain. Posts: 40,761
    Every Sunday night it's the same thing. The clock edges past midnight and the place is dead as a door nail. The world is on hold and you are like a watchdog in the the early morning hours.
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

• Options
    Eh I dreamed about booking a hall for indoor football, thrilling I know :tongue:
  • Options
    PapPap Aspra Spitia, Greece Posts: 28,332
    brianlux said:

Every Sunday night it's the same thing. The clock edges past midnight and the place is dead as a door nail. The world is on hold and you are like a watchdog in the the early morning hours.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cQuC8zHrx50
    Athens 2006 / Milton Keynes 2014 / London 1&2 2022 / Seattle 1&2 2024 / Dublin 2024 / Manchester 2024 / London 2024
  • Options
    friday
  • Options
    Litterbugs. Fucking litterbugs.

I work next to a popular small club, and every goddamned morning there are broken beer bottles, cigarette butts, roaches, plastic shit, all over our parking lot and next to our trees and plants.

There's a dumpster SEVEN FEET AWAY.

So much for the younger environmentally-conscious crowd. Or even my generation.

Think you get a pass when you're fucked up?

Nope.

Assholes :angry:
  • Options
    Must be really nice when your friend tells you whos related to whom....
    enjoy your cd....
  • Options
    I simply don't get some people...their perspective and how it's given forth.

On the upside, I know I don't have to. Don't need to.

(but really...fuck me for wanting to and trying to make sense!)
  • Options
    23scidoo23scidoo Thessaloniki,Greece Posts: 18,538
    ''Never thought i'd curse the day i met her..''
    Athens 2006. Dusseldorf 2007. Berlin 2009. Venice 2010. Amsterdam 1 2012. Amsterdam 1+2 2014. Buenos Aires 2015.
    Prague Krakow Berlin 2018. Berlin 2022
    EV, Taormina 1+2 2017.

I wish i was the souvenir you kept your house key on..
  • Options
    SmallestOceansSmallestOceans Posts: 13,542
    edited October 2016
    hedonist said:

I simply don't get some people...their perspective and how it's given forth.

On the upside, I know I don't have to. Don't need to.

(but really...fuck me for wanting to and trying to make sense!)

Yep, some people's walls that surround themselves are so high that they are not even worth trying to break down. They are so set in their ways that you're not going to change them no matter what you do. Sometimes they are control freaks. It's frustrating because you just want to help.
    23scidoo said:

''Never thought i'd curse the day i met her..''

I'm Still Here, f'n nice. Most of us can relate to that at some point in our lives. The good times are worth it maybe. The agony is only temporary.
    Post edited by SmallestOceans on
    Worcester1 13, Worcester2 13, Hartford 13, San Diego 13, Los Angeles1 13, Los Angeles2 13
    Trieste 14, Vienna 14, Gdynia 14, Leeds 14, Milton Keynes 14, Denver 14
    Central Park 15
    Fort Lauderdale 16, Miami 16, Tampa 16, Jacksonville 16, Greenville 16, Hampton 16, Columbia 16, Lexington 16, Philly1 16, Philly2 16, NYC1 16, NYC2 16, Quebec City 16, Ottawa 16, Toronto1 16, Toronto2 16, Fenway1 16, Fenway2 16, Wrigley1 16, Wrigley2 16

• Options
    my ex's are all jerks i never go back im not stupid...