Options

Toadies - No Deliverance

Comments

• Options
    LukinFanLukinFan Florida Posts: 29,005
    JoshTX wrote:
    The "No Deliverance" vinyl is now on-sale! Get some!

http://www.kirtlandrecords.com/store.htm
    SWEET! Thank you!
    www.RLMcDaniel.com

1996: Ft Lauderdale
    1998: Birmingham
    2000: Charlotte, Tampa
    2003: Tampa, Atlanta, Phoenix
    2004: Kissimmee
    2008: West Palm Beach, Bonnaroo, Columbia
    2010: MSG2
    2012: Music Midtown
    2014: Memphis
    2016: Ft. Lauderdale, Miami, Jacksonville, JazzFest
    2018: Wrigley 1, Fenway 1
    2022: Nashville
    2023: Ft. Worth II
  • Options
    Way to deliver. Thank you Josh!
  • Options
    No problem. Per a few requests, I added some songs from soundtracks, early cassettes, etc.

http://drop.io/pggvati
  • Options
    JoshTX wrote:
    No problem. Per a few requests, I added some songs from soundtracks, early cassettes, etc.

http://drop.io/pggvati

thanks for this dude.
    Down in the hole, Jesus tries to crack a smile beneath another shovel load.
  • Options
    red mosred mos Posts: 4,953
    thanks for uploading those Josh! I am still without power. I am using my parents comp for a little bit at a time. I will check out your links once I get up and running. Hopefully by Monday! That's what the news said anyway.

Oh, for those watching the toadies setlists, they have added "hell in high water" to the set, and have apparently brought back "Jigsaw girl." It has been on a few sets, but not played but as of recently they have been throwing it in.

For those interested:

The toadies boards are here.

http://www.thetoadies.com and http://www.fancorps.com/toadies
    PJ: 10/14/00 06/09/03 10/4/09 11/15/13 11/16/13 10/08/14
    EV Solo: 7/11/11 11/12/12 11/13/12
  • Options
    Only 4 hours until my Toadies adventure.

So glad someone posted some set lists. If I don't hear Tyler tonight, I'm going to kill myself.

I'm already a bit buzzed, and SO EXCITED!!
  • Options
    Don't worry, you'll hear Tyler. They end every show with it. Have fun!
  • Options
    yeah, Have a blast at the show! :D Toadies shows are just as great as pj ones. I only wish they allowed live boot recordings.
    As already said, you will hear "Tyler", and everyone is gonna go bonkers when it's played- always happens :D. Please post some highlights and fave moments/ setlist for us when you get back. Rock on my friend.
  • Options
    I spent the whole day with my hubby on the couch. Hung over from pitchers of Margaritas. But man Toadies ROCKED last night. I would see them again today if I could and I'll definitely see them if they come back around again. They are a very tight band. But I don't need to tell you guys that, you already know.

Also really enjoyed one of the opening band, The Blakes. I want to check out more stuff from them.

I'm never very good remembering setlists, I'm just too busy getting my rock on. :) But I really loved I Come from the Water. Tyler was last and you were right, the crowd went apeshit, myself included. :D

We were all so wiped out that we didn't stick around to meet the band. In the cold light of day, I am already kind of regretting we didn't do that.
  • Options
    Sounds like the Seattle show was a ton of fun.

http://three-colours.blogspot.com/2008/09/toadies-two-showsone-night-in-seattle.html

Also, looks like the entire Portland show was You Tubed. The video portion is terrible, but the audio is decent.
    http://www.youtube.com/view_play_list?p=B588A64171B34562&page=1
  • Options
    JoshTXJoshTX Posts: 22
    This was just posted on their myspace:

BOSTON AREA IN-STORE CONFIRMED

Date: Saturday, November 8
    Location: Newbury Comics, 859 Boston/Providence Hwy Route 1, Norwood, MA
    Details: Acoustic in-store performance & signing
    Time: 3pm
  • Options
    I should check this one out. I realize that I really must like angry music. Their 1st album is one of my all time favorites and I spin it alot, it comes back into rotation about as much as any album I have. But its such an angst filled album. Think that guy ever had his heart broke??? lol. My current fav is "quitter".
    bombs, dropping down, please forgive our hometown
  • Options
    Their new album isn't as angsty as Rubberneck, but it still rocks. Do you have their 2nd album - Hell Below/Stars Above?
  • Options
    JoshTX wrote:
    Their new album isn't as angsty as Rubberneck, but it still rocks. Do you have their 2nd album - Hell Below/Stars Above?
    I don't. What's it like?
    bombs, dropping down, please forgive our hometown
  • Options
    I don't. What's it like?

HBSA is alot like rubberneck. I can't really describe what it is like other than it has the same flavor that Rubberneck had. Some great songs, that rock and some slower ones. HBSA technically should have been and really technically is the Toadies 3rd album. The band went into record in 97 or 98 what was to be called "feeler" interscope rejected its release. After years of frustration and re working some feeler tracks and adding new ones HBSA was released in 2001. Interscope did basically nothing to promote HB/SA. Tention was running in the band, Lisa Quit, and the Toads broke up. Now they are signed to an indie label in Dallas that is just awesome. Vaden Todd and the boys gets to make the music they want.
  • Options
    Exactly.

Here it is if you're interested: http://drop.io/pggvati

And, the Feeler Sessions: http://rapidshare.com/files/129695358/Feeler_Sessions.zip.html
  • Options
    Yea I agree, HB/SA is a really awesome record. Just what you would expect from the Toadies, hard rockin' badass tunes. Even though it was an asshole move by Interscope not to release Feeler, I'm kinda glad they didn't. The Feeler songs are good, but in my opinion they kinda lack intensity. I think the Toadies used that pissed off feeling to make HB/SA a very incredible record. Anyway, listen to "Motivational" and you'll know what i'm talking about.
    Down in the hole, Jesus tries to crack a smile beneath another shovel load.
  • Options
    Here is a couple of new pieces of info that I thought may be of interest and useful for Toadies fans in here:

Here are the current tour dates as of right now: http://www.thetoadies.com

Also Here is their fan myspace page so please, please feel free to add it to your friends list on myspace. It contains a blog section of all the current shows, so please feel free to post your own personal highlights and favorite momemts about the shows you are attending on the page here:

http://www.myspace.com/toadies_squad

For the Boston show, there has been an instore confirmed

Time: 3pm

Just thought I'd pass this on. Please feel free to let your friends that are Toadies fans and going to shows know about the myspace fan page above. I love reading reviews of shows, especially when I can't be there and it's even better being that the Toadies are one of my favorite bands, and it is great to know they have so many here too. PJ fans not only love pj, but have a very similar taste in music.

Thanks guys. :D
  • Options
    Here's the Corpus Christi set list from 10/04:

Mexican Hairless
    Backslider
    Little Sin
    Happyface
    Sweetness
    So Long Lovey Eyes
    I Burn
    Quitter
    Plane Crash
    No Deliverance
    Pressed Against The Sky
    Away
    Song I Hate
    Possum Kingdom
    I Am A Man Of Stone
    Paper Dress

encore

Mister Love
    I Come From The Water
    Hell In High Water
    Tyler
  • Options
    2008-10-11 - Bogarts, Cincinnati, OH

http://www.dimeadozen.org/torrents-details.php?id=219076

01. Intro music
    02. Mexican Hairless
    03. Backslider
    04. Little Sin
    05. Happyface
    06. Sweetness
    07. So Long Lovey Eyes
    08. I Burn
    09. Quitter
    10. Plane Crash
    11. No Deliverance
    12. Pressed Against the Sky
    13. Away
    14. Paper Dress
    15. Song I Hate
    16. Possum Kingdom
    17. I Am a Man of Stone
    18. Push the Hand
    19. Mister Love
    20. I Come from the Water / Encore:
    21. Hell in High Water
    22. Dollskin
    23. Tyler
  • Options
    weekapaug19weekapaug19 Posts: 2,278
    HELP!!!!! Just tried to pull tix to buy for Boston and it's sold out....not cool.....if anybody has extras, I need 2 please
  • Options
    HELP!!!!! Just tried to pull tix to buy for Boston and it's sold out....not cool.....if anybody has extras, I need 2 please

I don't have tickets, (wish I did). However, I just wanted to make sure that you knew the Toadies are doing an instore acoustic performance and cd signing here:

For the Boston show, there has been an instore confirmed

Time: 3pm.

There may be somebody there selling extra tix. I can't guarantee that but it's worth a shot. If you don't get tix to the actual show (I hope you do though), you can at least see the toadies do a few acoustic and meet them. Seeing the Toadies acoustic is pretty rare, and definitely awesome- saw them at Hard rock Cafe' here in Houston before the show at Verizon.
  • Options
    Well the next leg of the Toadies tour starts tomarrow in Philadelphia at the Trocadero theatre! Anyone going? If you are in the area, tix are $16.00+service fee/ $18.00 day of show. People in planes and Nowhere are opening.
  • Options
    another bump looking for 2 extra's for boston
  • Options
    Unfortunatley, I'm in Houston and have no tix for Boston. However, the Toadies will be doing an instore cd signing and acoustic performance of a few songs at Newbury Comics.

Here is the info for that:

If you can make it to this, you may be able to run into someone with extra Boston Tix for Paradise later that night. It's worth a shot, but even if you don't run into someone selling extras- at least you can meet the Toadies and watch them play acoustic. It's pretty cool to see the Toadies play acoustic. I got to see them do a pre show last year.
    Also, you may be able to get tickets for Paradise that night at the venue. No guarantee, but sometimes extra tix do surface. Also, scalpers may be willing to sell for half price sometimes the day of the show. It happens. If I was a scalper, I'd want to get some $ for a ticket as opposed to throwing it away and getting nothing.

I hope this helps:D and I hope you can make it to the instore over at Newbury- that will be fun. :D
  • Options
    red mos wrote:
    Unfortunatley, I'm in Houston and have no tix for Boston. However, the Toadies will be doing an instore cd signing and acoustic performance of a few songs at Newbury Comics.

Here is the info for that:

If you can make it to this, you may be able to run into someone with extra Boston Tix for Paradise later that night. It's worth a shot, but even if you don't run into someone selling extras- at least you can meet the Toadies and watch them play acoustic. It's pretty cool to see the Toadies play acoustic. I got to see them do a pre show last year.
    Also, you may be able to get tickets for Paradise that night at the venue. No guarantee, but sometimes extra tix do surface. Also, scalpers may be willing to sell for half price sometimes the day of the show. It happens. If I was a scalper, I'd want to get some $ for a ticket as opposed to throwing it away and getting nothing.

I hope this helps:D and I hope you can make it to the instore over at Newbury- that will be fun. :D

I might head out for this, it's gonna be a bit of a drive/hassle getting there in time tho.
  • Options
    Woohoooo!
    I am seeing them in NYC tomorrow night! I will try to post the setlist.
    "Find myself singing the same songs every day....
    ones that make me feel good when things behind the smile ain't ok...." -Hoon
  • Options
    a new Toadies update for ya all

The following message comes from the water:

After a brief break, the Toadies are back on their feet and ready to finish off the last segment of their Fall '08 tour. This November, the Toadies have added new IN-STORE performances/signings in Florida and Massachusetts.
    The Toadies will also disclose new TOUR DATES before next week so keep checking their facebook/myspace and official Web site!

IN-STORE Performance/Signing in FLORIDA:

Nov.21.08 at 6 p.m.
    VIRGIN MEGASTORE
    1494 Buena Vista Drive
    Lake Buena Vista, FL 32830

IN-STORE Performance/Signing in MASSACHUSETTS:

Nov.8.08 at 3 p.m.
    NEWBURY COMICS
    859 Boston/Providence Hwy
    Route 1
    Norwood, MA 02062

so grab your friends
    come one
    come all
    and be ready to ignite a rock revolution.

-Toadies, Inc.

again, NEW tour dates will be disclosed by next week. let the excitement commence
  • Options
    By any chance does anyone have 2 tickets for Saturday Night's show 11/08/08?

Please PM me if they are within reason.
    Let's Go Red Sox!
  • Options
    try the Toadies forum over at http://www.thetoadies.com. someone could have extras over there. Hope you get to go to the show.
    I remember I got shut out of Houston one year, and someone very generously gave me a pair of tickets at the last minute.

Best of luck. I've found Toadies fans are pretty nice like pj fans. :D