Wash

124»

Comments

• Options
    PolkadotPolkadot Posts: 9
    Wash

First experience of young prostitute?
    First experience with prostitute?

--- Oh it was the time. Like a clean new taste.
    Smiling eyes before me and tears from my face.

And she or he wants to wash off the dirt of dirty love 9with customers/with prostitute)?

Wash my love. Wash my love. Wash my love, yeah.

Sin for sale. Buying just a need. O who planted all the devils seeds?

And what he feels about the experience:
    What's clean is pure. But hey, I'm white on the outside. Though I stray.
    What she don't know today might kill us both tomorrow. Bring it back someway.

He or she would love to take it as it never happened?
    forget?
    Bring it back, back, back... to the clean form. To the pure form.

Wash my love. Wash my love. Wash my love. Wash my love.
    Wash my love. Wash my love. Wash my love. Yeah
    Wash my ...wash my...wash my love....yeaaaaaaahhhhhhh
  • Options
    Simply stated... Phenomenal.

How it didn't make Ten is beyond me.
    Oh he fills it up with the love of a girl...
  • Options
    yeah its amazing actually in 2003 at mexico in the last show they opened with that
    its not a bad time to be me; something made me realise it was time to get away from there or i was going to be just another loser!
  • Options
    yeah its amazing actually in 2003 at mexico in the last show they opened with that

Same thing in 2005 in Ottawa...awesome awesome opener
    Master of Zen
  • Options
    DiRtyFranK38DiRtyFranK38 Posts: 3,131
    wash is mezmorizing..some of eddies best vocals ever on lost dogs version.
    2006: Hartford
    2008: MSG 1, Hartford, Mansfield 2, Ed Solo NYC 1
    2009: London (O2), Philly 1, 2, 3, & 4
    2010: Hartford, Boston, MSG 1 & 2
    2011: Ed Solo Hartford
    2012: Philly (MIA Fest)
    2013: Worcester 2, Brooklyn 1 & 2, Hartford
  • Options
    AnaPharmaAnaPharma Posts: 27
    Wash is an extremely powerfull song... because it sounds sexual, hurt, inoccent, and also the exact opposite of that...

When I listen to it, I usually thought about the situation when one ends up destroying a relationship because of betrayal... or because one screwed up in some way... and bears a dark secret that will eventually be unveiled...

Now, when I listen to it, what comes to my mind is more about something to do with a first sexual contact one had, but in a way that was kind of inappropriate, dirty, or wrong... or even with some violence associated, as in rape or sexual abuse... and how one ends up feeling different, and somehow filthy... I don't know... it sounds sexual but somehow disturbing...

It can really lead to so many interpretations... but one thing is clear... it's an amazing song... very intense!
    "See the path cut by the Moon, for you to walk on"
  • Options
    A great song that would have been excellent on Ten.

Listened to the import version from Germany.

I like it more than the Lost Dogs version.

Phenomenal.
    Oh he fills it up with the love of a girl...
  • Options
    decides2dreamdecides2dream Posts: 14,976
    ha, who knew...i didn't even remember i started it. :o but yea....great discussions/interpretations presented.

and to link both discussions b/c the song is just THAt good it deserves all the talk....
    http://forums.pearljam.com/showthread.php?t=292186
    Stay with me...
    Let's just breathe...

I am myself like you somehow

• Options
    IAmMyselfIAmMyself Posts: 667
    "Please help me to help you, help yourself." EV
  • Options
    irieinindy wrote:

AWESOME!

what a GREAT first song live!
    mine was long road.

what a nice commemoration of your first song too.....;)
    your car is even the 'proper' color for a song entitled wash :D

it really, really is one of my most favorite songs....lyrcially and musically........absolutely gorgeous.......
    Stay with me...
    Let's just breathe...

• Options
    IAmMyselfIAmMyself Posts: 667
    Long road is a great 1st song as well!

I love the color of my car because the gray in the bright light looks purple and purple always reminds me of pearl jam, obvious reasons.

LNGROAD would be a great plate.

I love pearl jam plates that also have something to do with cars or roads, etc.

My 1st choice was GONE, but somebody already had that, but now I am glad I have WASH, it means a lot more to me than gone.

Wash is my all time favorite song, today!lol
    "Please help me to help you, help yourself." EV
  • Options
    mickeyratmickeyrat up my ass, like Chadwick was up his Posts: 35,689
    my thoughts on the meaning behind the lyrics.I believe this song is about secrets in general.when i first heard this near the beginning of their career, I had to toss it in the garbage.it hit too close to home.certain feelings about things done/not done, things said/not said etc.I wasn't ready to let go of.fast forward 18 years later after losing myself in drugs and alcohol i came across this song again on Lost Dogs.really drove home my intial impression.since been able let go of much of what was blocking me from at the begining.much of what I hear in most of their stuff relates to me in a 12 step recovery kinda way.lotta hope found there.
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • Options
    mickeyrat wrote:
    my thoughts on the meaning behind the lyrics.I believe this song is about secrets in general.when i first heard this near the beginning of their career, I had to toss it in the garbage.it hit too close to home.certain feelings about things done/not done, things said/not said etc.I wasn't ready to let go of.fast forward 18 years later after losing myself in drugs and alcohol i came across this song again on Lost Dogs.really drove home my intial impression.since been able let go of much of what was blocking me from at the begining.much of what I hear in most of their stuff relates to me in a 12 step recovery kinda way.lotta hope found there.

wow.
    thanks for sharing a bit of your story. can totally identify ithings hitting too close to home, music is powerful like that. absolutely, lies and deceit...coming to terms with it, etc.

good for you. :)
    i am sure inside job must have some resonance for you as well. good stuff all!
    Stay with me...
    Let's just breathe...

• Options
    mickeyratmickeyrat up my ass, like Chadwick was up his Posts: 35,689
    totally.Life Wasted does as well.
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14