Options

London cancelled

Comments

• Options
    benlw86benlw86 Posts: 44
    Clone said:
    My empty train seat is on its way to London now. 
    Same. I’m in such a pissy mood. Spent last night pricing up 24 hours in Barcelona or Madrid though and it would be doable. Night 2 in Barcelona is on my wedding anniversary though so I’d feel like a heel if I did that.
    Was doing the same for Lisbon. There's no Sunday tickets, but there are for the full weekend (20 pounds more expensive than the London gig)
  • Options
    SHZASHZA St. Louis, MO USA Posts: 3,541
    I hope this ends their desire to play the sphere in vegas.

They have way too many cancellations of shows to expect fans to pay hundreds of dollars flying into a desert  and getting hotel rooms.
    I think The Sphere makes more sense than ever. A controlled environment may be what EV needs. 
    Desert air didn’t agree with him too well.

Also, the Sphere is a cool engineering marvel, but it wasn’t that great a concert venue IMO. I’ll take the Kia Forum or similar for PJ.  
    I haven’t gotten to listen to the Vegas shows yet (currently on Vancouver 2). Did he struggle in Vegas?

I thought the views and sound at The Sphere were amazing. It felt like I was watching U2 in virtual reality. If PJ did a residency there I would hit as many as I could. The setlist variety may be tough though due to the screen. 
    Dead & Co play a completely different setlist each night at the Sphere. PJ is more repetitive 
  • Options
    pdalowskypdalowsky Doncaster,UK Posts: 14,949
    benlw86 said:
    Clone said:
    Same. I’m in such a pissy mood. Spent last night pricing up 24 hours in Barcelona or Madrid though and it would be doable. Night 2 in Barcelona is on my wedding anniversary though so I’d feel like a heel if I did that.
    Was doing the same for Lisbon. There's no Sunday tickets, but there are for the full weekend (20 pounds more expensive than the London gig)
    Holding fire planning anything until we see these boys back on the stage again 
  • Options
    bigbadwalksbigbadwalks Hull, UK Posts: 9
    benlw86 said:
    Clone said:
    If you’ve never been to Lisbon and / or NOS Alive before, I’d highly recommend it. It’s a great city, still quite cheap in comparison to a lot of European cities and the festival is great too.
  • Options
    seanclaxseanclax Posts: 378
    Clone said:
    Barcelona could be special though 
  • Options
    pdalowskypdalowsky Doncaster,UK Posts: 14,949
    seanclax said:
    Clone said:
    Barcelona could be special though 
    They all are mate 😉
  • Options
    coach pjcoach pj Posts: 220
    We were also on our way to London when we got the news of the cancellation. We couldn’t make it in time to get merch, I hope they put it up in the store. I know people have asked, but does anyone think that is possible? For whatever reason it would make the mood I am in a little bit better. I do hope they all recover quickly and this doesn’t happen again for any other fans.
  • Options
    bigbadwalksbigbadwalks Hull, UK Posts: 9
    pdalowsky said:
    benlw86 said:
    Clone said:
    Holding fire planning anything until we see these boys back on the stage again 
    That’s why I haven’t booked anything yet. I’ll wait and see what happens at the Berlin shows before I commit.
  • Options
    benlw86benlw86 Posts: 44
    benlw86 said:
    Clone said:
    If you’ve never been to Lisbon and / or NOS Alive before, I’d highly recommend it. It’s a great city, still quite cheap in comparison to a lot of European cities and the festival is great too.
    I really love Lisbon and know it quite well but have never been to the festival. Similarly, waiting to see what happens in Berlin
  • Options
    RatherStarvedRatherStarved Posts: 4,513
    Kearn5y said:
    Maybe it’s time to tour a set of avatars instead like the big boys do it

Seen that twice already. Going again in October. You have to see it, it's so good
    +1
    PJ: 2013: London (ON); Buffalo; 2014: Cincinnati; 2016: Sunrise, Miami, Toronto 1-2, Wrigley 2; 2018: London (UK) 1, Milan, Padova, Sea 2, Wrigley 1-2, Fenway 1-2; 2021: SHN, Ohana, Ohana Encore 1-2; 2022: LA 1-2, Phx, Oak 1-2, Fresno, Copenhagen, Hyde Park 1-2; Quebec, Ottawa, Hamilton, Toronto; MSG, Camden, Nashville, Louisville, St. Louis, OKC; 2023: St. Paul 1-2, Chicago 1-2; Fort Worth 2; Austin 1-2

EV Solo: 2017 Louisville and Franklin, 2018 Ohana, 2019 Innings Fest, Berlin, Düsseldorf, Dublin and Ohana; 2021 Ohana Friday (from beach) and Saturday; 2022 Earthlings Newark; 2023 Innings Fest and Benoraya 1-2.

Gutted:  London 2 2018, Sacramento 2022, Noblesville 2023
  • Options
    Feeling worse today than yesterday. Just stings knowing I’m missing the whole tour as could only afford one this year and went for London due to logistics of babysitting/work holidays etc. I know people are worse off and it’s only a gig but I’m definitely wallowing in self pity😂
  • Options
    CloneClone UK Posts: 146
    Feeling worse today than yesterday. Just stings knowing I’m missing the whole tour as could only afford one this year and went for London due to logistics of babysitting/work holidays etc. I know people are worse off and it’s only a gig but I’m definitely wallowing in self pity😂
    I think it's going to hit hard at 8pm tonight.
  • Options
    Force Of NatureForce Of Nature Hertfordshire, England Posts: 1,015
    I just start to wonder how it affects future tours.
    i guess flying over and then straight away playing shows is having an impact over previous few years.
    wonder if flying over a couple weeks before might be beneficial next time.
  • Options
    Spiritual_ChaosSpiritual_Chaos Posts: 29,626
    edited June 29
    And flying over for the fewest amount of shows possible every time affects how much one show off eats into the profits
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • Options
    GlowGirlGlowGirl New York, NY Posts: 10,222
    Heading to Green Day at Wembley tonight. Small consolation but hopefully takes my mind off things. 
  • Options
    Spiritual_ChaosSpiritual_Chaos Posts: 29,626
    Kings of Leon playing tomorrow(?) also!
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • Options
    just_onejust_one Lisbon Posts: 2,039
    GlowGirl said:
    Heading to Green Day at Wembley tonight. Small consolation but hopefully takes my mind off things. 
    Saw them in Glasgow a couple days ago and they were amazing
  • Options
    lastexitlondonlastexitlondon Posts: 12,791
    GlowGirl said:
    Glad you got to do something instead 
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

this song is meant to be called i got shit,itshould be called i got shit tickets-hartford 06 -
  • Options
    BlueLedbetterBlueLedbetter Posts: 1,248
    Just met josh so weekend not a total wash out, really nice guy stood and chatted for a bit 
  • Options
    mcgruff10mcgruff10 New Jersey Posts: 28,053
    Sucks for everyone.   I know they canceled the show but it would be nice if they scheduled another London show for 2025.  
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
  • Options
    lastexitlondonlastexitlondon Posts: 12,791
    Just met josh so weekend not a total wash out, really nice guy stood and chatted for a bit 
    Where did you find him
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

this song is meant to be called i got shit,itshould be called i got shit tickets-hartford 06 -
  • Options
    reismannreismann Posts: 35
    It would have been very nice PJ would say we return next year. But the only info we only get everytime - the show is cancelled. Spingsteen was sick but he postponed his shows to 2025. As a 10C member that was it with my membership. Makes no sense to renew a membership for extraordinary prices like the ticket prices here in Europe!
  • Options
    just_onejust_one Lisbon Posts: 2,039
    Did u ask him about ed or berlin?
  • Options
    BlueLedbetterBlueLedbetter Posts: 1,248
    just_one said:
    Did u ask him about ed or berlin?
    He just said someone was ill I didn't want to pry too much 
  • Options
    Lerxst1992Lerxst1992 Posts: 6,242

They have way too many cancellations of shows to expect fans to pay hundreds of dollars flying into a desert  and getting hotel rooms.
    Why would Vegas be any different than London for this old band?
    People pay hundreds to fly and stay at all sorts of destinations.  We know many here likely spent thousands to go to Europe for shows.

It does suck but I'm just not sure how the desert destination makes it different for Pearl Jam.

(I understand environmental position.)

I’ve followed older bands for more decades than I’d chose to admit, and I can’t think of one with such bad luck with cancellations. There probably is one, but can’t think of it. Plus  lately they don’t seem able to find a way to postpone and reschedule within the same tour. 

The difference with a Vegas residency tour, it would REQUIRE that we spend thousands to go see them. If I were to travel to London or Portland to see them for an extra show in addition to a local one that would be my decision, my risk. Plus they routinely skip so many cities and never play nearly enough shows in the east, a Vegas residency would be a slap in the face to a huge contingent of fans
  • Options
    Lerxst1992Lerxst1992 Posts: 6,242

I think The Sphere makes more sense than ever. A controlled environment may be what EV needs. 
    Desert air didn’t agree with him too well.

Also, the Sphere is a cool engineering marvel, but it wasn’t that great a concert venue IMO. I’ll take the Kia Forum or similar for PJ.  
    I haven’t gotten to listen to the Vegas shows yet (currently on Vancouver 2). Did he struggle in Vegas?

I thought the views and sound at The Sphere were amazing. It felt like I was watching U2 in virtual reality. If PJ did a residency there I would hit as many as I could. The setlist variety may be tough though due to the screen. 

I agree it’s a stunning facility but requiring us to hop on a plane into the desert to see a show is not a fun experience for many fans. They would be placating to a subset of their most loyal fans.

If they start building a handful of spheres around the country, that will put a serious dent in how many local arena concerts are available for fans and create a significant dent in climate safety.

plus, not sure I am looking for incredible video when at a concert, despite how life altering that screen seems to be (the d and c Saturn video was insane). The audio sounds like perfection, but just not thrilled with being forced to fly cross country into a desert to see them in a year they would only do a residency, and their shows near me requires a grand for ny tix and a grand fr multiple tix elsewhere in the east

For a band that loves to pick winners and losers (Cali fans, seniority etc) it’d be nice for them for once to think of the fanbase as a collective force. The easiest hint would be getting a report of premium prices for the seven east shows. A Vegas residency after this fiasco would be a slap in the face.
  • Options
    Tim SimmonsTim Simmons Posts: 7,047

Why would Vegas be any different than London for this old band?
    People pay hundreds to fly and stay at all sorts of destinations.  We know many here likely spent thousands to go to Europe for shows.

It does suck but I'm just not sure how the desert destination makes it different for Pearl Jam.

(I understand environmental position.)

I’ve followed older bands for more decades than I’d chose to admit, and I can’t think of one with such bad luck with cancellations. 
    Morrissey
  • Options
    Smsmartins18Smsmartins18 Posts: 21
    Lauren Hill
  • Options
    SHZASHZA St. Louis, MO USA Posts: 3,541
    I have a spare MAIN STANDING ticket for Green Day if anyone needs. Message me 
  • Options
    JeBurkhardtJeBurkhardt Posts: 4,598
    If it was feasible with my wife’s schedule I would consider the Sphere if they played. I was supposed to go in 22 when it was cancelled and the only time I have been to LV was during a layover at the airport. Will a lot of people have to fly in to see them play, yes. Would those same people fly into New York from all across the country to see a show there if they somehow got tickets? Yes again.