Options

*** Manchester, UK Fanviews Here 6.25.24 ***

Comments

• Options
    wozza77wozza77 Posts: 300
    Hi if anyone left a 2024 t-shirt in 10 club seats please message me and I will get it back to you. 
    Just confirm the block and row to check it’s your one. 
    Now it all comes down to numbers, now I'm glad that I have quit
    Folks these days just don't do nothing simple for the love of it
  • Options
    pdalowskypdalowsky Doncaster,UK Posts: 14,944
    Really enjoyed it but Ed did struggle a bit, Mike did a bit of the heavy lifting to give him a break 
    Mike was unbelievable …. Insanely good 

in fact the whole band were, seriously long Jams to give Ed a breather 

nice show, seemed a touch short and super sad to see so little dark matter 
  • Options
    lastexitlondonlastexitlondon Posts: 12,786
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

this song is meant to be called i got shit,itshould be called i got shit tickets-hartford 06 -
  • Options
    lastexitlondonlastexitlondon Posts: 12,786
    Thank you to all my very close a dear friends and all the new special people who got me there and through what is always the toughest quest for me. 
    I'm so grateful for the chance to see pearl jam again. I never thought I would. 
    Big love to you all. 
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

this song is meant to be called i got shit,itshould be called i got shit tickets-hartford 06 -
  • Options
    EraserheadEraserhead Stoke-on-Trent Posts: 2,902
    thought the venue was a direct copy of the Ziggo Dome in Amsterdam, impressed, sound was great, a bit of a hassle getting anywhere near the Merch once inside but sorted it at the end. .
    Yes!  I think the company that built the Manchester venue have done about a dozen or so like it now.  Looks like a Lego set/Amazon warehouse from the outside, but inside it's amazing.

Incredible night, despite Ed's vocal issues - what a trooper for getting through it. Hope he's OK for the rest of the tour.  Loved hearing Off the Girl/Present Tense as the opening numbers.  Inside Job, I Got Shit, Fuckin Up, yeah!  Don't mind that they've cut back on the Dark Matter stuff (love the album BTW), gives a bit more room for the rest of their back catalogue!

Surprised it was "only" 23 songs. I wasn't counting, but could of sworn it was 26+, but that's how good the show was. No dull moments, just a great (even) flow through the night.

However, no Dirty Frank, so it has to be: Worst. Gig. EVER! Now come back to Manchester again, and soon!
    Manchester 04.06.00, Leeds 25.08.06, Wembley 18.06.07, Dusseldorf 21.06.07, Shepherds Bush 11.08.09, Manchester 17.08.09, Adelaide 17.11.09, Melbourne 20.11.09, Sydney 22.11.09, Brisbane 25.11.09, MSG1 20.05.10, MSG2 21.05.10, Dublin 22.06.10, Belfast 23.06.10, London 25.06.10, Long Beach 06.07.11 (EV), Los Angeles 08.07.11 (EV), Toronto 11.09.11, Toronto 12.09.11, Ottawa 14.09.11, Hamilton 14.09.11, Manchester 20.06.12, Manchester 21.06.12, Amsterdam 26.06.2012, Amsterdam 27.06.2012, Berlin 04.07.12, Berlin 05.07.12, Stockholm 07.07.12, Oslo 09.07.12, Copenhagen 10.07.12, Manchester 28.07.12 (EV), Brooklyn 18.10.13, Brooklyn 19.10.13, Philly 21.10.13, Philly 22.10.13, San Diego 21.11.13, LA 23.11.13, LA 24.11.13, Oakland 26.11.13, Portland 29.11.13, Spokane 30.11.13, Calgary 02.12.13, Vancouver 04.12.13, Seattle 06.12.13, Trieste 22.06.14, Vienna 25.06.14, Berlin 26.06.14, Stockholm 28.06.14, Leeds 08.07.14, Philly 28.04.16, Philly 28.04.16, MSG1 01.05.16, MSG2 02.05.16
  • Options
    Electro_UKElectro_UK Posts: 123
    JackD. said:
    OOOOOF. Hero for getting through it.

Ed was extremely under the weather and it looked like the show might stop a few times. He soldiered on BIG time. Probably didn't want to have a third European tour with cancelled shows... Especially after charging £160.
    Not sure if pulling through ill and on meds helps the rest of the tour…
    Yeah I hear that - especially when he said midway through "I feel like I'm doing damage to myself" haha.

But I dunno. Three and a bit days to rest with the best care money can buy and he was probably already a day or two into it. I'm semi-confident he'll be back in action by Saturday.

All I know is if I'd have had my fourth show cancelled for third tour in a row I would have had a hard time ever buying a ticket again.

Also did anyone else step outside after the first few songs and have a member of staff give them ticket upgrades? We went from back of the venue right down to front row of the first block seating because I was trying to find somewhere to dance during Present Tense. Ended up being a great show to be seated at so I call it a win-win!
    "Hey Eddie, great show-- fuck you!"
    PJ - London 25/6/10, Manchester 20/6/12 + 21/6/12, Isle of Wight 23/6/12, Seattle 6/12/13, Leeds 8/7/14, Milton Keynes 11/7/14, Boston 5/8/16 + 7/8/16
    Ed - London 31/7/12, Amsterdam 27/5/17 + 30/5/17, London 6/6/17 + 7/6/17
  • Options
    rangers72rangers72 lockerbie.uk Posts: 159
    Eddie really struggled but Mike really shouldered the responsibilty and was superb,great to see all night getting played as well.
  • Options
    Merkin BallerMerkin Baller Posts: 10,670
    This & Dublin were amazing, I couldn’t have asked for more, but man… it’s hard not to be concerned about Ed. 
  • Options
    Merkin BallerMerkin Baller Posts: 10,670
    edited June 26
    iPhone was taking blurry pics for some reason… 🤬
    Anyone have some good pics to share?

• Options
    Philip_IrelandPhilip_Ireland Posts: 632
    iPhone was taking blurry pics for some reason… 🤬
    Anyone have some good pics to share?

Try cleaning the lenses with a soft cloth
  • Options

• Options
    Kearn5yKearn5y Ireland Posts: 2,760
    Last night, there was a guy up in the front row of Block 102, seats closest to the stage. Every time Eddie spoke to the crowd, this guy would shout in a very irate manner towards the stage to the fact that it drowned out what Eddie was saying, for me anyway as I was on the side of the floor just below. Does anyone else see this or know what the issue was? 
    Kearnsy
  • Options
    aidt17aidt17 Posts: 626
    Kearn5y said:
    Last night, there was a guy up in the front row of Block 102, seats closest to the stage. Every time Eddie spoke to the crowd, this guy would shout in a very irate manner towards the stage to the fact that it drowned out what Eddie was saying, for me anyway as I was on the side of the floor just below. Does anyone else see this or know what the issue was? 
    On mikes side?  He was behind what looked to me like the polish flag.  We were down on the floor and could hear him periodically screaming soemthing
    Hamilton 05, 11, Cleveland 06, Toronto 09, 16, Buffalo 10,13, London 13, Seattle 13, Detroit 14, Milwaukee 14, Ottawa 16, Fenway 1, Wrigley 1
    Seattle 1 & 2, Missoula, Wrigley 1 & 2

• Options
    Kearn5yKearn5y Ireland Posts: 2,760
    aidt17 said:
    Kearn5y said:
    On mikes side?  He was behind what looked to me like the polish flag.  We were down on the floor and could hear him periodically screaming soemthing
    Yeah, that's the guy. Last seats on the front row. He just seemed very angry at something. Dont think it was the lack of DM songs or deep cuts. 
    Kearnsy
  • Options
    Ozone BabyOzone Baby Northern Germany Posts: 55

So, he is drinking wine, while he is sick af?
    Very conducive to health, the rest of the tour and the people who spend a lot of money on tickets...;)
  • Options
    aidt17aidt17 Posts: 626
    Kearn5y said:
    aidt17 said:
    Kearn5y said:
    Yeah, that's the guy. Last seats on the front row. He just seemed very angry at something. Dont think it was the lack of DM songs or deep cuts. 
    Ya, not sure what he was upset about.  We were centre floor at the black barricade, and could hear him shouting between songs.  To us it sounded like he wanted his side and back to be acknowledged more?  Just a guess 
    Hamilton 05, 11, Cleveland 06, Toronto 09, 16, Buffalo 10,13, London 13, Seattle 13, Detroit 14, Milwaukee 14, Ottawa 16, Fenway 1, Wrigley 1
    Seattle 1 & 2, Missoula, Wrigley 1 & 2

• Options
    Zen23Zen23 Posts: 414
    edited June 26

Very conducive to health, the rest of the tour and the people who spend a lot of money on tickets...;)
    He didn't drink wine. He only served the fans. He often went to the back of the stage. And instead of drinking wine at the front, he drank something hopefully healthy at the back. At least that's what it looked like. 
    Post edited by Zen23 on
  • Options
    Ozone BabyOzone Baby Northern Germany Posts: 55
    Zen23 said:

He didn't drink. He only served the fans. He often went to the back of the stage. And instead of drinking wine at the front, he drank something hopefully healthy at the back. At least that's what it looked like. 
    Ok, thanks for the Info.
    At least no wine...
    ...but to many of those "harder" songs for his  voice ^^

• Options
    BlueLedbetterBlueLedbetter Posts: 1,247
    Zen23 said:

He didn't drink wine. He only served the fans. He often went to the back of the stage. And instead of drinking wine at the front, he drank something hopefully healthy at the back. At least that's what it looked like. 
    Yeah he mentioned drinking tea i think and had something on Matts riser he kept going to
  • Options
    DARKMATTERMANDARKMATTERMAN Leeds UK Posts: 1
    what an amazing show and setlist. 
    Mike owned it tonight. 
  • Options
    JamesrobbJamesrobb Posts: 8
    ComeToTX said:
    That might be my favorite setlist of the tour so far. 
    As great as that set list was, I was super stoked to see Jeff Ament wearing a Crass t-shirt and while we all wax lyrical about Mikes brilliance lets not forget Stone who was also onfire last night, we sometimes forget how great a guitarist he is, amazing day with amazing people and an amazing night watching the band of my generation with the best fans in the world 
  • Options
    Gern BlanstenGern Blansten Your Mom's Posts: 18,183
    edited June 26
    Jamesrobb said:
    ComeToTX said:
    As great as that set list was, I was super stoked to see Jeff Ament wearing a Crass t-shirt and while we all wax lyrical about Mikes brilliance lets not forget Stone who was also onfire last night, we sometimes forget how great a guitarist he is, amazing day with amazing people and an amazing night watching the band of my generation with the best fans in the world 
    Yeah I geek out on Stone...he's the best rhythm guitar player out there in my opinion. Dude just lays down the law.
    Remember the Thomas Nine !! (10/02/2018)

1998: Noblesville; 2003: Noblesville; 2009: EV Nashville, Chicago, Chicago
    2010: St Louis, Columbus, Noblesville; 2011: EV Chicago, East Troy, East Troy
    2013: London ON, Chicago; 2014: Cincy, St Louis, Moline (NO CODE)
    2016: Lexington, Wrigley #1; 2018: Wrigley, Wrigley, Boston, Boston
    2020: Oakland, Oakland:  2021: EV Ohana, Ohana, Ohana, Ohana
    2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville
    2024: Noblesville, Wrigley, Wrigley, Ohana, Ohana
  • Options
    Thank you to all my very close a dear friends and all the new special people who got me there and through what is always the toughest quest for me. 
    I'm so grateful for the chance to see pearl jam again. I never thought I would. 
    Big love to you all. 
    it was not only amazing to see you but to see you in such good form, and thanks for looking after me brother, and that thank you goes out to everyone else too 
  • Options
    Jamesrobb said:
    ComeToTX said:
    Yeah I geek out on Stone...he's the best rhythm guitar player out there in my opinion. Dude just lays down the law.
    Yeah man, I still see it as his him and Jeff's band, I love them all but for me as an old skater punk, Jeff's work with the vitalogy foundation and he was wearing a Crass t-shirt at the gig gives him special status hahaha 
  • Options
    THEBIBLEISTENTHEBIBLEISTEN Posts: 1,738

He’s got Gatorade in the bottle. Relax guy 
  • Options
    Force Of NatureForce Of Nature Hertfordshire, England Posts: 1,014

He’s got Gatorade in the bottle. Relax guy 
    It does make me wonder, does someone decant Gatorade into a wine bottle? Does Ed really care about how it looks onstage so he does this?
  • Options
    Planet of SoundPlanet of Sound UK Posts: 547
    I enjoyed myself and danced hard with some cool people to a great sounding band.

Highlights for me were the opening few tracks, Scared of Fear, Immortality, Dark Matter, I Got Id, Porch, Dark Matter, Black and Fuckin’ Up!

A couple of the songs were tougher to enjoy (eg. Once, SOLAT) with the vocal struggles and worrying if the show would end then and there mid set.  

Mike McCready was on fire and felt he led the band in parts too, top guy.

An enjoyable night and the venue sounded good, lovely staff about the place too (and in fact all over Manchester).

Get well soon EV!
  • Options
    Gern BlanstenGern Blansten Your Mom's Posts: 18,183
    Listening to the SOLAT performance and I can't imagine thinking the show would end there...not that bad. Clearly having the issues he mentioned but no way he would stop the show because of it.
    Remember the Thomas Nine !! (10/02/2018)

1998: Noblesville; 2003: Noblesville; 2009: EV Nashville, Chicago, Chicago
    2010: St Louis, Columbus, Noblesville; 2011: EV Chicago, East Troy, East Troy
    2013: London ON, Chicago; 2014: Cincy, St Louis, Moline (NO CODE)
    2016: Lexington, Wrigley #1; 2018: Wrigley, Wrigley, Boston, Boston
    2020: Oakland, Oakland:  2021: EV Ohana, Ohana, Ohana, Ohana
    2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville
    2024: Noblesville, Wrigley, Wrigley, Ohana, Ohana
  • Options
    stef1885stef1885 Posts: 25
    A fantastic night in Manchester. Lovely to meet a lot of people where we were dancing around in the standing area. Enjoyed the set list but a little worried about the Saturday show (on my B'day) - just hope EVs voice holds up ok for it. The new venue was great and the sound was really superb, no ringing ears or anything after and all clear as crystal in terms of the different members.

Cons.....
    I assume my gripes have been raised on many occasions previously but they are - the cost of everything, i mean the tickets £160 ea, a baseball cap for £35? Two beers for £17.90? Its getting ridiculous. Last night was the first PJ show i didn't buy any merch, and i won't at those prices for any band in the future. I have no idea how much PJ or their management have a hand in these prices but suffice to say its getting to the point where i can't afford this (its not just PJ but other bands so multiply this up 3 or 4 times a year for other bands and all of a sudden your talking a fair wedge each year). I am also a bit miffed with he 10C 'benefits' which seem to have been gradually eroded over the years. It wouldn't be so bad IF shows had 10C members area in front of stage or at least the opportunity to be put into a ballot with other 10C members for it, but last night was just GA. Its a nonsense and seems being in 10C a bit pointless, especially as the shows don't seem to be selling out like previously (see points above about ridiculous costs). I assume this has been gone over many times but how do 10C members get their voices heard on this stuff? Is it just a case of 'if you don't like it don't pay or go?'. If it is, that's a sad indictment of the bands management.
    Anyway onto Saturday........(hopefully).....
    1992-02-28 London England ULU
    1992-06-06 London England Finsbury Park
    1992-07-25 Denver, Fiddler's Green Amphitheatre
    2007-06-18 London England Wembley
    2018-06-18 London O2
    2018-07-17 London O2
    2022-07-08 Hyde Park
    2022-07-09 Hyde Park