Options

*** Manchester, UK Fanviews Here 6.25.24 ***

Comments

• Options
    TheMooksterTheMookster Posts: 100
    edited June 26
    Jamesrobb said:
    ComeToTX said:
    That might be my favorite setlist of the tour so far. 
    As great as that set list was, I was super stoked to see Jeff Ament wearing a Crass t-shirt and while we all wax lyrical about Mikes brilliance lets not forget Stone who was also onfire last night, we sometimes forget how great a guitarist he is, amazing day with amazing people and an amazing night watching the band of my generation with the best fans in the world 
    Stone's solo at the end of Fuckin' Up was awesome and he was really enjoying himself. Love it when he gets the spotlight a bit.

Loved the opening of Of The Girl and Present Tense.

Loads of credit to Ed for not quitting and going on with the show - must feel awful and stressful to worry about whether he is letting down all the fans and his bandmates and the crew. You can replace a broken guitar or drum but if your instrument is your voice.....not easy.

As usual, what a blast, thank you guys!
    Post edited by TheMookster on
    Finsbury Park '92 | Brixton 1 '93 | Wembley 2 '96 | Wembley 1&2 '00 | Reading, Paris '06 | Munich, Wembley '07 | Shepherds Bush, Berlin, Manchester, London '09 | Dublin, Belfast, Hyde Park '10 | Manchester 1&2, Amsterdam 1, Copenhagen, Atlanta '12 | Brooklyn 2, Philly 1&2, LA 1&2 '13 | Amsterdam 1&2, Vienna, Berlin '14 | Central Park, Santiago, Sao Paulo, Belo Horizonte, Rio de Janeiro, Mexico City '15 | Quebec, Ottawa, Toronto 1&2, Wrigley 1&2 '16 | London 1, Prague, Krakow, Berlin, Barcelona, Madrid, London 2, Fenway 2 '18 | Oakland 1&2, Berlin, Zurich, Frankfurt, Copenhagen, London 1&2, Budapest, Krakow, Amsterdam '22 | St. Paul 1&2, Chicago 1&2 '23 |
  • Options
    Force Of NatureForce Of Nature Hertfordshire, England Posts: 1,014
    Seen a couple videos and considering Ed saying he was sick I’m surprised how much he seems to be interacting with the crowd. Would have thought he’d keep clear so doesn’t pass it on. But I guess if Ed gave you a cold you wouldnt care.
  • Options
    lastexitlondonlastexitlondon Posts: 12,785
    not all mine but my favourites so far!
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

this song is meant to be called i got shit,itshould be called i got shit tickets-hartford 06 -
  • Options
    Seen a couple videos and considering Ed saying he was sick I’m surprised how much he seems to be interacting with the crowd. Would have thought he’d keep clear so doesn’t pass it on. But I guess if Ed gave you a cold you wouldnt care.
    He did say when passing out wine it's from a fresh bottle because you don't want what i have. He didn't actually touch anyone he gave picks to security to hand out and maybe handed a couple out personally but he didn't actually get too near anyone 
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

this song is meant to be called i got shit,itshould be called i got shit tickets-hartford 06 -
  • Options
    neddie vedderneddie vedder 93 million miles from the sun Posts: 194
    I filmed some videos if anyone is interested, they’re all in 4K on YouTube, this is the opening 2 songs  =)

https://youtu.be/Ll-GSjihcgk?si=6OHumg7L_1l2f3WM
    Manchester 09, Hyde Park 10, Berlin 10, Manchester 1+2 2012, EV Manchester 2012, EV London 1+2 2012, Amsterdam 1+2 2014, Leeds 2014, Milton Keynes 2014, EV London 1+2 2017, EV Dublin 2017, London 2018, Milan 2018, Padova 2018, Rome 2018, Berlin 2018, EV Florence 2019, EV Barolo 2019, EV Madrid 2019, Berlin 2022, London 1+2 2022, Budapest 2022, Krakow 2022, Amsterdam 2022
    Manchester 2024
  • Options
    pdalowskypdalowsky Doncaster,UK Posts: 14,944
    stef1885 said:
    A fantastic night in Manchester. Lovely to meet a lot of people where we were dancing around in the standing area. Enjoyed the set list but a little worried about the Saturday show (on my B'day) - just hope EVs voice holds up ok for it. The new venue was great and the sound was really superb, no ringing ears or anything after and all clear as crystal in terms of the different members.

Cons.....
    I assume my gripes have been raised on many occasions previously but they are - the cost of everything, i mean the tickets £160 ea, a baseball cap for £35? Two beers for £17.90? Its getting ridiculous. Last night was the first PJ show i didn't buy any merch, and i won't at those prices for any band in the future. I have no idea how much PJ or their management have a hand in these prices but suffice to say its getting to the point where i can't afford this (its not just PJ but other bands so multiply this up 3 or 4 times a year for other bands and all of a sudden your talking a fair wedge each year). I am also a bit miffed with he 10C 'benefits' which seem to have been gradually eroded over the years. It wouldn't be so bad IF shows had 10C members area in front of stage or at least the opportunity to be put into a ballot with other 10C members for it, but last night was just GA. Its a nonsense and seems being in 10C a bit pointless, especially as the shows don't seem to be selling out like previously (see points above about ridiculous costs). I assume this has been gone over many times but how do 10C members get their voices heard on this stuff? Is it just a case of 'if you don't like it don't pay or go?'. If it is, that's a sad indictment of the bands management.
    Anyway onto Saturday........(hopefully).....
    I'd argue that tenclub pulled off a great perk in the end in making sure early entry was there for members, which in real terms made the area at the front of the stage a tenclub area. 

I appreciate ticket prices were higher, and with the benefit of hindsight many got them much cheaper this time around, but I'll continue buying mine via tenclub to ensure I am sorted without stress and then know everything is in place in advance. The way my brain works, leaving things late would just sit well at all. 
  • Options
    funkster_brownfunkster_brown Glasgow, Scotland Posts: 2
    Tons of Scottish folk down, for what is the 'local' gig. New Venue was great and although busy, didn't seem squashed.

• Options
    Tons of Scottish folk down, for what is the 'local' gig. New Venue was great and although busy, didn't seem squashed.

You certainly made your presence felt, there were a lot of booming Scottish voices near me!  :)

Hope you get a proper local show soon, it's been too long.
  • Options
    ScottylandScottyland Scotland Posts: 3
    Waited 32 years to see Pearl Jam. Joined this fan club some years ago to improve odds of actually getting tickets and made the not inconsiderable journey to Manchester. Was hoping for Present Tense and got it.  Got in early enough to stand about 15m back from the stage

However, ultimately I wasn't blown away as hoped. I thought it was a fairly average band performance and the sound was not good at all.  Not even close to my top ten gigs. Given the cost of tickets, travel & accommodation, I doubt I'd make the same effort again. 
  • Options
    Don't then
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

• Options
    iOnlyownMymindiOnlyownMymind Posts: 2,613
    Waited 32 years to see Pearl Jam. Joined this fan club some years ago to improve odds of actually getting tickets and made the not inconsiderable journey to Manchester. Was hoping for Present Tense and got it.  Got in early enough to stand about 15m back from the stage

However, ultimately I wasn't blown away as hoped. I thought it was a fairly average band performance and the sound was not good at all.  Not even close to my top ten gigs. Given the cost of tickets, travel & accommodation, I doubt I'd make the same effort again. 
    The lead singer was sick and barely made it through the show.  
  • Options
    tino_11tino_11 Posts: 2,036

You did catch the part where Eddie said he wasn't well? I think your expectations of a top 10 gig should have lowered at that point. 

Or maybe there was a reason why you didn't bother going to see them for 32 years?
    2010: London
    2012: Manchester I, Manchester II, Manchester (EV) 
    2014: Milan, Leeds, Milton Keynes 
    2017: London II (EV) 
    2018: Amsterdam I, London I, Prague, London II 
    2019: London (EV)
    2022: London I, London II, Budapest, Krakow, Amsterdam
  • Options
    I’d have happily been there Tuesday instead of being cancelled on tomorrow…
  • Options
    Electro_UKElectro_UK Posts: 123
    Well I hope Jeff at least made it to the Idles set at Glastonbury.
    "Hey Eddie, great show-- fuck you!"
    PJ - London 25/6/10, Manchester 20/6/12 + 21/6/12, Isle of Wight 23/6/12, Seattle 6/12/13, Leeds 8/7/14, Milton Keynes 11/7/14, Boston 5/8/16 + 7/8/16
    Ed - London 31/7/12, Amsterdam 27/5/17 + 30/5/17, London 6/6/17 + 7/6/17
  • Options
    ScottylandScottyland Scotland Posts: 3
    tino_11 said:

You did catch the part where Eddie said he wasn't well? I think your expectations of a top 10 gig should have lowered at that point. 

Or maybe there was a reason why you didn't bother going to see them for 32 years?
    Ok, Superfan.
  • Options
    Even with coming home with covid I'm so grateful I got to this show. 
    You never know when it's your last show but if that was . I'm happy
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

• Options
    D-DayD-Day Far From Home Posts: 103
    edited June 29
    level 3 was shaking during Alive -

at least around my 100% overpriced seat 

brilliant
    those few minutes were some of my best ever with live music.
    This is THE Arena!

? can anyone classify wheather this was a very good, good, average, below average or CRAP Alive live version.

Post edited by D-Day on
  • Options

brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

• Options
    👆🏿 Black  ;)
  • Options
    Possessed 
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

• Options
    THEBIBLEISTENTHEBIBLEISTEN Posts: 1,738

Everyone is devastated that you won’t make the same effort again. You and your effort will be missed. 
  • Options
    That arena needs to be called the COVID arena not CO OP . So many people I personally know where in different parts of the venue now have covid not a complaint. Just an observation 
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

• Options
    😳
    and there was no glass wall in front of the stage

Now
    more than the singer‘s voice could be a problem.

I was biking and the hill was not that steep….. stressful breathing
    and no problems with walking and talking but singing would be a different hill.

• Options
    aidt17aidt17 Posts: 626
    Did anyone else notice at the end of the show Jeff was visibly irritated by something on the neck of his bass?  It looked like he was trying to pass it off to his tech and then just raise his arms in defeat. Curious if anyone else caught that or what that may have been about
    Hamilton 05, 11, Cleveland 06, Toronto 09, 16, Buffalo 10,13, London 13, Seattle 13, Detroit 14, Milwaukee 14, Ottawa 16, Fenway 1, Wrigley 1
    Seattle 1 & 2, Missoula, Wrigley 1 & 2

• Options
    I saw that..he was kind of mentioning a problem to his tech I think 
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

• Options
    stef1885stef1885 Posts: 25
    pdalowsky said:
    stef1885 said:
    A fantastic night in Manchester. Lovely to meet a lot of people where we were dancing around in the standing area. Enjoyed the set list but a little worried about the Saturday show (on my B'day) - just hope EVs voice holds up ok for it. The new venue was great and the sound was really superb, no ringing ears or anything after and all clear as crystal in terms of the different members.

Cons.....
    I assume my gripes have been raised on many occasions previously but they are - the cost of everything, i mean the tickets £160 ea, a baseball cap for £35? Two beers for £17.90? Its getting ridiculous. Last night was the first PJ show i didn't buy any merch, and i won't at those prices for any band in the future. I have no idea how much PJ or their management have a hand in these prices but suffice to say its getting to the point where i can't afford this (its not just PJ but other bands so multiply this up 3 or 4 times a year for other bands and all of a sudden your talking a fair wedge each year). I am also a bit miffed with he 10C 'benefits' which seem to have been gradually eroded over the years. It wouldn't be so bad IF shows had 10C members area in front of stage or at least the opportunity to be put into a ballot with other 10C members for it, but last night was just GA. Its a nonsense and seems being in 10C a bit pointless, especially as the shows don't seem to be selling out like previously (see points above about ridiculous costs). I assume this has been gone over many times but how do 10C members get their voices heard on this stuff? Is it just a case of 'if you don't like it don't pay or go?'. If it is, that's a sad indictment of the bands management.
    Anyway onto Saturday........(hopefully).....
    I'd argue that tenclub pulled off a great perk in the end in making sure early entry was there for members, which in real terms made the area at the front of the stage a tenclub area. 

I appreciate ticket prices were higher, and with the benefit of hindsight many got them much cheaper this time around, but I'll continue buying mine via tenclub to ensure I am sorted without stress and then know everything is in place in advance. The way my brain works, leaving things late would just sit well at all. 
    Having a specific 10C area which you can move in and out of is much better than having an early entry which many can't make. Metallica used to do this with the Snakepit and it was seen as a real high end benefit by the Met Club members. Sure you had to enter a lottery to see if you go the entry, but at least you were offered something.
    1992-02-28 London England ULU
    1992-06-06 London England Finsbury Park
    1992-07-25 Denver, Fiddler's Green Amphitheatre
    2007-06-18 London England Wembley
    2018-06-18 London O2
    2018-07-17 London O2
    2022-07-08 Hyde Park
    2022-07-09 Hyde Park
  • Options
    Quick Review incl. give-away Tickets. AI translated.
  • Options
    AY1970AY1970 Co.Durham UK Posts: 1
    Fantastic night, crowd carried Ed through although he gave his all. Band were effortlessly brilliant, first visit to Co-op live and that will take some beating